アラビアの冒険者イブン・バットゥータの壮大な旅行記

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 1325年に出生地のタンジールを出発し、メッカ巡礼の旅に出たイブン・バットゥータ。
  • 彼は30年後に帰国し、歴史上偉大な旅行者の一人となった。
  • 彼の好奇心によって、彼はマルコ・ポーロよりも遠く、44の国を旅行した。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

和訳の添削をお願いします

下の文章を自分なりに和訳してみたので、添削していただけるとうれしいです。 "I left Tangier, my birthplace, the 13th of June 1325 with the intention of making the pilgrimage [to Mecca].... to leave all my friends both female and male, to abandon my home as birds abandon their nests." 「私は、メッカに巡礼をするつもりで、出生地のタンジールを1325年6月13日に去りました.... 私の女性も男性もすべての友達を残し、鳥が巣を捨てるように、私は家を捨てた。」 So begins an old manuscript in a library in Paris -- the travel journal of Ibn Battuta. それで、パリの図書館で、古い原稿書き始めた-Ibn Battutaの旅行日記である。 Almost two centuries before Columbus, this young Moroccan set off for Mecca, returning home three decades later as one of history's great travelers. コロンブスより、ほぼ2世紀前に、この若いモロッコ人はメッカに向けて出発し、歴史の偉大な旅行者の1人として30年後に帰った。 Driven by curiosity, he journeyed to remote corners of the Islamic world, traveling through 44 modern countries, three times as far as Marco Polo. 好奇心によって運転で44の現代の国を旅し、彼はマルコ・ポーロに達するまで3回、イスラム世界の遠い隅々を旅行した。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.1

"I left Tangier, my birthplace, the 13th of June 1325 with the intention of making the pilgrimage [to Mecca].... to leave all my friends both female and male, to abandon my home as birds abandon their nests." 「私は、メッカに巡礼をするつもりで、出生地のタンジールを1325年6月13日に去りました.... 私の女性も男性もすべての友達を残し、鳥が巣を捨てるように、私は家を捨てた。」 →「私は、メッカに巡礼を目的として、出生地のタンジールを1325年6月13日に出発しました.... 女友達、男友達もみな残し、鳥が巣立つようにして、私は家を去った。 ★abandonはジーニアス英和大辞典にも「去る」という訳語が載っていますが、「捨てる」はいきなりはやめた方がいいと思います(最後まで読めばなるほど30年後に帰るわけですから「捨てる」もうなずけますが)。ここでは、leaveの重複を避けたという意味もあると思うからです。あくまで私の意見です。 英語ではabandonはいいと思います。 So begins an old manuscript in a library in Paris -- the travel journal of Ibn Battuta. それで、パリの図書館で、古い原稿書き始めた-Ibn Battutaの旅行日記である。 →それで、パリの図書館で、古い原稿の書写をはじめる。-Ibn Battutaの旅行日記である。 ★印刷機発明以前では、手書きによる筆写が主流でした。それを言っているのではないでしょうか。ただし、古い文書・写本から読み始めるーーという可能性もあると思いますが。旅行日記を参考にして自分も旅をということでしょう。 So I begins with poems of Shakespeare. シェークスピアの詩から始める。=シェークスピアの詩から読み始める。 Almost two centuries before Columbus, this young Moroccan set off for Mecca, returning home three decades later as one of history's great travelers. コロンブスより、ほぼ2世紀前に、この若いモロッコ人はメッカに向けて出発し、歴史の偉大な旅行者の1人として30年後に帰った。 →これでいいと思います。 Driven by curiosity, he journeyed to remote corners of the Islamic world, traveling through 44 modern countries, three times as far as Marco Polo. 好奇心によって運転で44の現代の国を旅し、彼はマルコ・ポーロに達するまで3回、イスラム世界の遠い隅々を旅行した。 →好奇心に動かされ、彼はイスラム世界の遠い隅々へと旅をした。今日で言えば44の国を通って旅し、マルコ・ポーロの3倍旅をしたことになる。 ★ここは間違いが多いですね。driveの意味がわかっていないのとas far as Marco Poloのミスは致命的です。 以上、ご参考になればと思います。

monoomo
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 最後のthree times ~は中学校で習うレベルの英語ですよね… もっとよく勉強します! ありがとうございました!

関連するQ&A

• 和訳してみたので添削して下さい

長文なので、区切っています。 添削希望の文より前にも英文があり以下のように訳しました。 細かい間違いはあるかもしれませんが、大まかな話はあっていると思います。 「私は、メッカに巡礼をするつもりで、出生地のタンジールを1325年6月13日に去りました.... 私の女性も男性もすべての友達を残し、鳥が巣を捨てるように、私は家を捨てた。」 それで、パリの図書館で、古い原稿書き始めた-Ibn Battutaの旅行日記である。 コロンブスより、ほぼ2世紀前に、この若いモロッコ人はメッカに向けて出発し、歴史の偉大な旅行者の1人として30年後に帰った。 好奇心によって運転で44の現代の国を旅し、彼はマルコ・ポーロに達するまで3回、イスラム世界の遠い隅々を旅行した。 以上が前文の大まかな話で、以下の文章について添削していただきたいです。 Little celebrated in the West, his name is well known among Arabs. 西側で少し有名な、彼の名前はアラブ族の間でよく知られている。 In his hometown of Tangiers, a square, a hotel, a café, a ferry boat, and even a hamburger are named after him. タンジールの彼の故郷では、正方形、ホテル、カフェ、フェリー・ボートとハンバーガーでさえ、彼の名をとって名づけられる。 Ibn Battuta stayed in Mecca as a student for several years, but the urge to travel soon took over. イブン・バツータが数年の間学生としてメッカに滞在したが、すぐに旅に出るという要求が生じた。 In one adventure, he traveled to India seeking profitable employment with the sultan of Delhi. ある冒険では、彼は、デリーの王様のところで有益な仕事を見つけるために旅をした。

• 和訳の添削をして下さい

下の英文を自分なりに和訳してみたので、添削して下さるとうれしいです。 But the sultan had an unpredictable character, and Ibn Battuta looked for an opportunity to leave. しかし、サルタンは気まぐれな性格だった、そして、イブン・バットゥータは去る機会を探した。 When the sultan offered to finance a trip to China, he agreed. サルタンが中国への旅行の資金を出すと申し出たとき、彼は同意した。 Ibn Battuta set off in three ships, but misfortune struck while he was still on the shore. イブン・バットゥータは3隻の船で出発したが、彼がまだ岸の上にいる間、不幸にもぶつかった。 A sudden storm grounded and broke up two ships, scattering treasure and drowning many people and horses. 突然の嵐は2隻の船を近づけ、ばらばらにした、そして宝をまき散らして、多くの人々と馬をおぼれさせた。

• 和訳をしたので添削して下さい。

以下の英文を和訳してみたので、添削して下さるとうれしいです。 As he watched, the third ship with all his belongings and slaves-one carrying his child-was carried out to sea and never heard from again. 彼が見た通り、彼のすべての所有物と奴隷たち - そのうち、一人は子供を連れていたが - を乗せた第3の船は海へと出港したが、再び帰って来たとは聞いたことがなかった。 After a lifetime of incredible adventures, Ibn Battuta was finally ordered by the Sultan of Morocco to return home to share his wisdom with the world. 驚くべき冒険の生涯の後、イブン・バットゥータは、モロッコのサルタンによって、彼の知恵を世界と共有するために帰るようついに命令された。 Fortunately he consented and wrote a book that has been translated into numerous languages, allowing people everywhere to read about his unparalleled journeys. 幸いにも、彼は同意し、多数の言語に翻訳された本を書いた、そして、至る所で人々が彼の他に類のない彼の旅について読むのを許した。

• 和訳をお願いします。

In early June 1916, the Sharifian Army of Sherif Hussein, Amir of Mecca, launched attacks on the Ottoman garrisons in Mecca and Jeddah in the south western Arabian Peninsula. Jedda fell quickly allowing the Royal Navy to use the port. Fighting in Mecca lasted three weeks. A large Ottoman garrison held out at Taif until late September when they capitulated, while Sherif Hussein's third son Feisal attacked the Ottoman garrison at Medina. The British were keen to extend the Arab Revolt by destabilizing sections of the Ottoman Empire through which the Hejaz Railway ran north – south, from Istanbul to Damascus and on to Amman, Maan, Medina and to Mecca. The railway, built with German assistance to carry pilgrims, was not only important for Ottoman communications but contained solidly-built stone station buildings which could form defensive positions. With the balance of power in northern Sinai moving in favour of the British, the Sherif was encouraged to seek support for his revolt from as far north as Baalbek, north of Damascus. In London, the War Office, hoping to foment unrest throughout the Ottoman Arab territories, encouraged Murray's plan to advance to El Arish.

• 和訳した文章を添削してください。

以下の文章を自分なりに訳してみたので、添削していただきたいです。 On the way, he described his group being attacked in the open country by 80 men on foot and two horsemen: "we fought... killing one of their horsemen and about twelve of the foot soldiers...I was hit by an arrow and my horse by another, but God in his grace preserved me... We carried the heads of the slain to the castle of Abu Bak'har... and suspended them from the wall." その途中で、80人の歩兵と2人の騎馬兵によって開かれた国が攻撃され、戦い、その内の一人の騎馬兵を殺し、およそ12人の歩兵も殺したと彼は報告した;「私は1本の矢に射られ、私の馬ももう一本の矢で射られたが、神の恩恵により私は救われたのだ…殺害された者の頭をアブ・バッカーの城に持ち帰り、城壁からそれらを吊り下げた。」 In Delhi, the sultan gave him the position of judge based on his prior study at Mecca. デリーでは、サルタンは彼にメッカでの先行研究に基づく裁判官の地位を与えた。

• 和訳して下さい!!

和訳して下さい!! 1. Your vocabulary at age 45 is three times as great as when you graduated from college. At 60, your brain possess almost four times as much information as it did. 2. He is great senior to me in respect of service. 3. There is nothing would like better than a visit to the zoo. 4. The mob gathered round the car like so many files. 5. I must admit that my son is not much of a scholar.

• 添削してください

まだまだ、うまく文章が作れません。教えて下さい。 I went to eat the lunch to The big boy with my friend on weekend. The subject is he get new job that is travel agencye. As we love travel we had a wonderful time while we told about it. By the way, I remenber a group of the three man of DVD. Someone would have watched them which my another friend recommend me. They are comicu? talk programe. 私は週末友達とビックボーイにランチを食べに行きました。 話題は友達が旅行会社に入ったことだった。 お互いに旅行好きでとても楽しかった。 話は変わるが、ビックボーイで思い出すことがある。それは、The 3名様と言うDVDだ。 見たことがある人もいるかもしれないが、別の友達のお気に入りだ。 それはお笑い話のDVDです。

• 添削をお願いします。(裁縫)

英文の添削をよろしくお願いします。 ジャケットの野暮ったいボタンをステキなものに付け替えた。  I changed the tacky[uncool] buttons of the jacket to the cool ones. 捨てようと思った布団から、3枚の長い座布団を作りました。 I made up three long cushions out of a futon which I was about to throw away 私は旅行に着て行くための、いくつかのドレスを、休みの間に作った。 I made some dresses to wear for travel during my holiday. 1日で3着の服を仕上げたのだ! I finished making three clothes in ONE day!

• 和訳お願いします

I am on my way out of town I will have an invoice to you as soon as I get the exact dimensions of the boxes and exact shipping costs.

• 和訳をお願いします。

On 30 September 1918, supporters of the Arab Revolt in Damascus declared a government loyal to the Sharif of Mecca. He had been declared 'King of the Arabs' by a handful of religious leaders and other notables in Mecca. On 6 January 1920 Faisal initialed an agreement with Clemenceau which acknowledged 'the right of Syrians to unite to govern themselves as an independent nation'. A Pan-Syrian Congress meeting in Damascus had declared an independent state of Syria on the 8th of March 1920. The new state included portions of Syria, Palestine, and northern Mesopotamia. King Faisal was declared the head of State. At the same time Prince Zeid, Faisal's brother, was declared Regent of Mesopotamia. The San Remo conference was hastily convened. Great Britain and France and Belgium all agreed to recognize the provisional independence of Syria and Mesopotamia, while claiming mandates for their administration. Palestine was composed of the Ottoman administrative districts of southern Syria. Under customary international law, premature recognition of its independence would be a gross affront to the government of the newly declared parent state. It could have been construed as a belligerent act of intervention due to the lack of any League of Nations sanction for the mandates. In any event, its provisional independence was not mentioned, although it continued to be designated as a Class A Mandate.