法律は一般の利益のために過ぎない

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 法律は一般の利益のために過ぎないと法律は規定しています。
  • 遠くへは進まない、という意味の「no farther than」の表現が理解できません。
  • 昨日入り込んだ同じ道を再び試みるために努力します。「that is」以降の文が理解できません
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

文構造について教えてください

文章の一部分を取ってきたものなので文脈がないのですがよろしくお願いします。それぞれの文は独立です。 Law prescribes no farther than is for general good of those under that law. 訳せません。no farther than が良くわからないです。 I will make an effort and try anew the same path on which I had entered yesterday, that is, proceed by casting aside all that admits of slightest dought, not less than if I had discovered it to be absolutely dought. "that is" のあとから良くわかりません。 University education will remain a reliable road to status for many Japanese, even if that status is neither as exalted nor as certain as it once was. "even if" 以下から文構造がわかりません。 For man could no more survive if he were deprived of culture than culture could survive without the human race carry it on. forを文頭で使える用法ってありました?

• ONEONE
  • お礼率68% (834/1223)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • nagatos
  • ベストアンサー率20% (23/112)
回答No.2

私の勉強のために息子にききました。合作です。 I will make an effort and try anew the same path on which I had entered yesterday, that is, proceed by casting aside all that admits of slightest dought, not less than if I had discovered it to be absolutely dought. "that is" のあとから良くわかりません。 "that is"は単なる「すなわち」。 "all that(関係代名詞) admits of slightest dought" を casting aside することによって proceed する。 私は 努力を続ける 改善する(新しくする) 同じ道 私が昨日はいった ちなわち 進む わずかな価値あるものすべてをなげうって  もし、完璧な価値となるものを発見していたとしても劣る事のない ここまで、やってからエキサイト翻訳でやってみたら、驚くほどいい味だしています。http://www.excite.co.jp/world/text/ 私は努力し、私が昨日始めたのと同じパスを新たに試みましょう、すなわち、最も少しのdoughtの余地のあるものすべてを捨てることにより進む、以上、私が絶対にdoughtであるためにそれを発見した場合。 University education will remain a reliable road to status for many Japanese, even if that status is neither as exalted nor as certain as it once was. "even if" 以下から文構造がわかりません。 大学教育は、残るだろう、確かな立場に通じる道として、多くの日本人にとって、 たとえ~でも、それは(その状態は)、高尚でもなければ、確かでもない、かつてのように、 For man could no more survive if he were deprived of culture than culture could survive without the human race carry it on. forを文頭で使える用法ってありました? For ... than....という構文があるらしいです。 下は、エキサイト翻訳 人のために、もし彼が、文化が人類なしで残存することができたより文化を奪われれば、もう残存することができないだろう、それを続けます。 * Of : almost equal to ABOUT.

その他の回答 (1)

• nagatos
  • ベストアンサー率20% (23/112)
回答No.1

お断り。1以外ちゃんと読んでいません。 ですが、私の答えがヒントになって誰かが答えてくれるでしょう。 1 法の規定は、その法のもとでの一般的良好(公益)以上のものではない。 法そのものが公益を規定している、法律とは一般的公益の程度にしか機能しないという意味みたい。 no farther than こえるものではない。 2 ぱっとみたところ、that is , xxxxx, not less than...と続くと思う。 That はそれ以前に言及した何か。適当に前節などを当てはめて考えればいいと思います。「,xxxx,」 は、付加的な説明。 3 "that status"その状態。日本の大学教育がステータス化していることか何か。 4 For me が多いです。「私にとって」という感じです。 Of xxxx とかもおおいです。意味知りません。

ONEONE
質問者

補足

訂正 dought→doubt

関連するQ&A

• この文の解釈に困っています。。。

サイトの人からメッセージをもらったのですが、訳を教えてください。自分なりにやってみましたがわからないとこが多いです。。すみあmせんおねがします i was very happy that you are intrested in other cultures as well as for me i have always had a love for the Japanese culture it was how i was raised i have family members that are of asian decent ask me anything you want and if you want to get in contact with even more my e-mail address is ........... 私はあなたが他の文化に興味があるということでうれしい。私はいつも日本の文化が好き??だ。ここからがわかりませんでした。なにか質問?あるなら聞いて。もし連絡取りたいなら私のアドレスは・・・・・です。 おねがいします。

• 文構造と和訳について

Describing the significant features of a fairy tale gives as little feeling for what it is all about as the listing of the events of a poem does for its appreciation. の文構造は give B for A にas~as が絡んだものでしょうか? does = givesということでしょうか? また、what it is all about us の意味が分かりません。

• 訳と文構造を教えて欲しいです。

訳を聞きたいです。 よく分かっていないので易しく教えて欲しいです。 (1)I suppose one trouble with Darwinism is that, as Jacques Monod perceptively remarked, everybody thinks he understands it. 私は進化論の一つの問題は、ジャック・モノの言うように、みんなが彼がそれを理解すると思うことだと思う。 この訳はどうでしょうか? もっと分かりやすい訳を教えて欲しいです。 (2)It is, indeed, a remarkably simple theory, childishly so, one would have thought, in comparison with almost all of physical and mathmatics. 区切りが多くて分からないんですが、順番を変えると one would have thought a remarkably simple theory.ということでしょうか? どうして主語が後ろのほうに行って、soは中途半端な位置にあるのでしょうか? It is はどことつながっているんでしょうか? 難しくて分かりません。 (3)It amounts simply to the idea that non-random reproduction, where there is hareditary variation, has consequences that are far-reaching if there is time for them to be cumulative. 文の構造が知りたいんですが It amounts simply to the idea(non-random reproduction, where there is hareditary variation) has consequences(Itの動詞部分と目的語) (目的語を修飾する文章)are far-reaching if there is time for them to be cumulative という感じでいいんでしょうか? 自信がないんですが・・。 長くなりましたが、おねがいします。

• 文の構造と和訳がわかりません・・・

文の構造と和訳がわからなく困っています・・ That may be too bad;what is worse,however,is for us to pretend we like what we cannnot. I would rather hear a man say,゛I like George Bernard Shaw better than Shakespeare,゛if he means that honestly,than hear him praise Shakespeare with lips but not his heart. howeverの後ろのisの主語やwhatの品詞などわからなくて和訳も出来ません。文が挿入されてたり上手くいきません。どうか詳しく教えて下さい。本当におねがいします!

• 英語の和訳をお願いします。(構文もお願いします、m(__)m)

こんにちは、お世話になります。 英語の構文、和訳がわかりませんので、 専門的に指導していただけると助かります。 (1)Law, in its true notion, is not so much the limitation as the direction of a free and intelligent agent to his proper interest, and prescribes no farther than is for the general good of those under that law. For in all the states of created beings capable of laws, where there is no law, there is no freedom. 上の英文ですが、 prescribes no farther than is~とFor in all the states of created beings capable of lawsの構文がわかりません。 (2)A man of zest will surmount all misfortunes by the emergence after each blow of an interest in life and the world which cannot be narrowed down so much as to make one loss. こちらはby以降がまったくわかりません。 以上、よろしくお願いします。m(__)m

• 構造分析お願いします

The belief that we are not responsible for our emotions or our behavior when we are under their control permits us to behave awfully and to say we are not to blame,at least not completely. This belief is so pervasive that it is even recognized as valid by law courts:people found guilty of "crimes of passion "are punished less severely. これの訳と構造分析お願いします

• 英文の構造を教えてください

The phenomenon of intetest is in itself a most interesting subject . It is not too much to say that a man's interests are a sure guide to the real man. We certainly act on that assumption when we choose our friends. It is just as reasonable to suppose that what a culture defines as interesting is no less a guide to its own values, goals and self consciousness. という英文で、it is just as reasonable to suppose that …のところのasが前文の内容が比較対照が明らかなので、省略されているらしのですが、これは it is just as reasonable to suppose that what a culture defines as interesting is no less a guide to its own values, goals and self consciousness as it is just as reasonable to say that a man ' s intetests are a sure guide to the real man ということでいいのでしょうか?あとhe is rich and you are just as rich[as he is]のようにto say that a man ' s intetests are a sure guide to the real man をthatとし、it is just as reasonable to suppose that …as that isのように書き換えられるのでしょうか?

• 文の構造を教えて下さい。

Nowhere is it being implied or in any way suggested that you ignore the law or break rules simply because you see fit to do so. it はthat you ignore the law or break rulesを指しますか? sugguested の前には it is が省略されているのでしょうか。 よろしくお願いします。

• 次の文について質問です

Thus, unless that evidence is of overriding consequence, it should carry less weight than if it had been included only in hostile testimony. ここのof overridingのofの使い方はどういう使い方ですか?なくてもいいような気がするのですが。また比較でless weightなのにthanの後はif節が続いていますが、比較する場合は比較対象は相当のものがくると思っていたのですがそうでもないんでしょうか?

• 英文の邦訳

Just as CEO remuneration is heavily shaped by status and the perceived need for senior executives to be seen as 'above average' (Peetz 2010), so too it seems that, for the 'alpha(市場モデルという計量経済学上の直線の切片です)' -conscious wealthy person or firm, there is essential status in being seen to be in the chase for above average returns, even if it is rarely achieved. 以上の和訳をお願いします。