• ベストアンサー

文構造と和訳について

Describing the significant features of a fairy tale gives as little feeling for what it is all about as the listing of the events of a poem does for its appreciation. の文構造は give B for A にas~as が絡んだものでしょうか? does = givesということでしょうか? また、what it is all about us の意味が分かりません。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

Describing the significant features of a fairy tale gives little feeling for what it is all about と the listing of the events of a poem gives little feeling for its appreciation の little さが同程度だということです。 もともと,give little feeling for ~という英語があり,前の as は形容詞 little の前につき,後の as はもとの末尾に来て,接続詞としてつなげる役目を果たします。 give A for B という形というより, feeling for ~「~に対する理解」というつながりです。 what it is all about の部分は,「それ(a fairy tale)がいったい何を目的にしているのか」「どんな性質であるのか」のような意味です。 all は文法的には「すべて」で it と同格になっていますが,強調している程度です。(とりあえず,「いったい」と訳しておきました) about は大ざっぱには「~について」でいいのですが,be about ~で「~が目的である」「~に従事している」」「~という性質である」という意味で,about の後にくるべき名詞が what になっています。

a44945010
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。よくわかりました。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をお願いします。

Aside from forcing a recognition of the personal elements of inquiry, Erikson suggests that personal involvement opens up potentialities for insight. Behavior is reflexive; it emerges through transactions. Understanding the transactional environment requires a “feel” for what is human about behavior. Such understanding demands an appreciation of factuality and a perspective on reality, but also a sense of action and what it can reveal. です。長いですが、どうしても専門書のためうまく訳できません。お願いします。

• 和訳お願いします!

Very little of what is said is important for the information expressed in the words. It is crucially important, as a way of showing that we are involved with each other, and how we feel about being involved. お願いします(>_<)

• 文構造と訳についてお力添え頂きたいです。

文構造と訳についてお力添え頂きたいです。 as の項目を英英辞典で調べていたのですが、 下記の definitionのところの細かいところの文構造が汲み取れませんでした。 as/adv,prep,linking word 2.used when you are describing what job , use or apperence of something is :In the past,women were mainly employed as secretaries or teachers. |The kids dressed up as animals. 自分なりに文構造をまとめてみました <>省略 {}副詞句・節 ()名詞句・節 <It is> used {when you are describing(what job, use)} or (appearance of something is) 1)副詞節内のdescribing what job useは 形容詞句 と解釈したら良いでしょうか?それとも名詞句でしょうか? 2)describeの目的語にwhat job, use と来ていますが、このカンマ(,)は情報を並列に並べているだけでしょうか?訳に違和感を感じているのですが、「何かの仕事、使い道を説明している時」で正しいかどうかご教示いただけると嬉しいです。 3)名詞句の部分では 最後がisで終わっていますが、補語になるものが前述に出ているから省略されいている、という解釈でいいのでしょうか? しかしながら何が置かれるのかうまく把握できませんでしたので、ご教示お願いします。

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

The song is about organized religion. About people who tell others what to do and what to believe. They switch off people's minds and control the masses. It gives me a feeling of isolation, when I think about it. Organized religion does not view everyone as equals.

• 文の構造を教えてください

お世話様です。ある参考書に載っていた文の構造がわかりません。 What does the speaker say is one of the characteristics of the menu? ここで疑問なのが、What does the speaker say の部分です。 ここがWhat the speaker says の形なら何度も見たことありますが、 What does the speaker say が文頭に来て、is …と続く文章は見たことがありません。 しかも最後に「?」がついているので、疑問文扱いです。こんな形の疑問文てあるんですか? 解説をお願いします。

• 下の文を和訳していただけませんか?

下の文を和訳していただけませんか? If Spender is right about why some objects are personified as female, it doesn’t follow that it’s only men who use language in this way, nor does it mean that every usage of this kind is a conscious one. Spender is talking about a male perspective, or way of viewing the world, that is encoded in the language we all use as a common resource. And it is precisely because we use language without analyzing each and every item that a way of thinking can exist without really being noticed. It is only when our flow of language is disrupted that we become conscious of the thinking that as embedded in language ---- and then we can ask whose thinking it really is. Here is an example of that process in action. The news journalist, Sue McGregor, in covering a world energy conference, is talking to another journalist about Britain’s past record on industrial pollution: ‘ but Britain’s been a good boy, hasn’t she… or he? (nervous laughter) (Today Programme, Rad 4, 9/12/97)

• この英文を和訳して頂けますか?

imagine having the confidence of everybody around you for what it is you are about to do. 「a thousand paths to confidence」という本の一節ですが、what 以下が うまく訳せません。what you are about to do.であれば「あなたがしようとしていること」になると思うのですが、 間にある「it is」が何を指すのか、どう訳したらいいのかが今ひとつ理解できないのです。よろしくお願いします。

• 文構造について教えてください

文章の一部分を取ってきたものなので文脈がないのですがよろしくお願いします。それぞれの文は独立です。 Law prescribes no farther than is for general good of those under that law. 訳せません。no farther than が良くわからないです。 I will make an effort and try anew the same path on which I had entered yesterday, that is, proceed by casting aside all that admits of slightest dought, not less than if I had discovered it to be absolutely dought. "that is" のあとから良くわかりません。 University education will remain a reliable road to status for many Japanese, even if that status is neither as exalted nor as certain as it once was. "even if" 以下から文構造がわかりません。 For man could no more survive if he were deprived of culture than culture could survive without the human race carry it on. forを文頭で使える用法ってありました?

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳をお願いします Have you ever wondered why the Earth looks so blue from space? This is because about three quarters of the Earth's surface is covererd by water. This may sound like we have a lot of water to drink. But in reality, only 3 percent of the Earth's water is fresh, and most of it exists as ice. Half of the water which exists as fresh water is found deep under the ground. In all, only about 0.05 percent of the Earth's water is fresh and drinkable. All living things carry water inside their bodies.For example,more than 60 percent of the human body is water.We need about 40 liters of water inside our bodies all the time but we lose some water every day. The water our bodies lose each day is about 2.5 liters. So we constantly need to put back the water we lose. We get water from drinks and the food we eat, such as fruit and vegetables. We need fresh water for our survival, but it is scarce and sometimes difficult to get.

• 緊急です。和訳できる方お願いします。

What I love only as for you...Therefore,please permit all of my acts of the present.It is scary to lose her. I'm sorry in coward lover... お願いしますm(_ _)m