レイチェルの元婚約者とのデート

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 主人公のレイチェルが結婚式の日に婚約を破棄した元婚約者と再びデートをする。
  • レイチェルの友人であるロスが、レイチェルが元婚約者とのデートをした理由を問い質している。
  • 質問者は、ロスの発言の文法的な意味や構造について理解ができないため、教えてほしいと求めている。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

フレンズこの1文!from 1-20 2/3

レイチェルが結婚式の日に婚約を破棄した元婚約者と再びデートをしました。 RACHEL: Then we took a walk down to Bendall's, and I told him not to, but he got me a little bottle of Chanel... ROSS: That's nice... now, was that before or after you told him to stop calling, stop sending you flowers and to generally leave you alone, hmm? ロスの発言が、文法的にどういう構造でどういう意味になっているのかわかりません。 何卒ご教示願います。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.1

> was that before or after you told him to stop calling, stop sending you flowers and to generally leave you alone この部分は分りやすいと思います。  「それは、連絡をしないでくれ、花を送り付けないでくれ、とにかくほっといてくれと彼に言った前なのか後なのか」 ということで、was that before or after X で、「それは X よりも前のことか後のことか」 という構文。

iphone1207
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。 参考になりました!

関連するQ&A

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-12

ロスが自分の息子の性別を元妻から聞かされていない。 元妻は性別が最近わかった。ロスの妹は電話でそれを知っている。 そこで、レイチェルが以下の文を発言します。 ここで、I couldn't not know がnot が2つ重なっていますが、これはどういうことなのでしょうか? RACHEL [to Ross]: I can't believe you don't want to know. I mean, I couldn't not know, I mean, if, if the doctor knows, and Carol knows, and Susan knows....

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-19-3

●so long as  we’re here, and, er, not on the subject, これが何を意味しているのか、わかりません。 ご教示願います。 ■ロスがレイチェルとケンカした後、仲直りする場面。 ロスはレイチェルが好きです。 ワインを飲もうと言って、ムードを演出するため、わざと電気を消して.. というシーン Ross: No, no. Yeah, but you were the one who got him back, you know, you, you, you were great... Hey, we, er, we still have that, er, that bottle of wine... You in the mood for something grape? Rachel: Sure. That’ll be good. Ross: Alright. Er (Gets wine, glasses, and turns down the lights...... The, er, the neighbours must be vacuuming! Well, er, so long as we’re here, and, er, not on the subject, erm, I was thinking about, er, how mad we got at each other... before... and, erm, I was thinking maybe it was partially because of how we, er, how we...

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-12(2)

レイチェルのイタリア人の彼がフィービーの務めるマッサージ店に来て、マッサージ中にフィービーのお尻をさわりました。このことをフィービーがレイチェルに言いました。 レイチェルはそれを聞いて、彼をボロクソに言いましたが、怒りが落ち着いた後の会話です。 I just liked it better before it was better... がわかりません。 何卒解読お願いいたします。 PHOEBE: Should I not have told you? RACHEL: No, no, trust, me, it's, it's, it's much better that I know. Uh, I just liked it better before it was better... [Phoebe scoots her chair over to Rachel and hugs her]

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-19-2

以下の箇所がわかりません。 何卒ご教示願います。 ●don’t you think if things were gonna happen with Rachel, they would have, happened already? これはどういう意味で、何をいいたいのか、わかりません。 ● I can’t remember the last time I got a girl to take care of my monkey. 文の意味はわかるのですが、文脈上でどういう意図で言っているのか? [Ross, Chandler & Joey in a pizza place] Chandler: You know, I cannot believe we are even having this discussion. Joey: I agree. I’m, like, in disbelief. Chandler: I mean, don’t you think if things were gonna happen with Rachel, they would have, happened already? Ross: I’m telling you, she said she’s looking for a relationship with someone exactly like me. Joey: She really said that? Ross: Well, I added the "exactly like me" part, but she said she’s looking for someone, and someone is gonna be there tonight. Joey: Tonight, tonight? Ross: Well, I think it’s perfect, you know, it’s just gonna be the two of us, she’s spent all day taking care of my monkey... Chandler: I can’t remember the last time I got a girl to take care of my monkey.

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-18

以下の文がわかりません。 ご教示願います。 ●MNCA: Alright, Cincinatti, no blinds, everybody ante. [deals cards] なぜcincinattiなのか、no blinds とは ●ROSS: Well, you better hop outta the shower, cause... I gotta flush. [lays down cards] hop outta the showerは比喩表現? ポーカーをはじめます。 MNCA: Alright, Cincinatti, no blinds, everybody ante. [deals cards] PHOE: [looks at her cards] Yes! [everyone looks at her] .... or no. [Ross comes back from bathroom.] ROSS: Alright. [to Rachel]: Your money's mine, Green. RACH: Your fly is open, Geller. [he checks it, and zips up] [Time lapse.] しばらくしてから... PHOE: You guys, you know what I just realized? 'Joker' is 'poker' with a 'J.' Coincidence? CHAN: Hey, that's... that's 'joincidence' with a 'C'! JOEY: Uh... Phoebe? Phoebe? PHOE: Yeah. Um... I'm out. [throws in cards] RACH: I'm in. MNCA: Me too. JOEY: Me too. Alright, whattaya got. ROSS: Well, you better hop outta the shower, cause... I gotta flush. [lays down cards]

• フレンズこの1文!

that was just mean.を解読願います。 RACHEL: I loved the moment when you first saw the giant dog shadow all over the park. PHOEBE: Yeah, but did they have to shoot him down? I mean, that was  just mean.

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-16(4)

今回多くて申し訳ございません。 4つものシーンでわからない部分があり、手こずってます... It's just gonna have to stay in No one's come up to you and said, "Hi, is that your nostril? Mind if we push this pot roast through it?" こちらの部分がわかりません。 解読お願いいたします。 ■シチュエーション■ 出産の仕方を映像で見たキャロルが、私にはこんなのとてもできないわ、と言っているシーン CAROL: This is impossible. It's just impossible. SUSAN: What is, honey? CAROL: What that woman did. I am not doin' that. It's just gonna have to stay in. That's all, everything will be the same, it'll just stay in. ROSS: Carol, honey, shhh, everything's gonna be all right. CAROL: What do you know? No one's come up to you and said, "Hi, is that your nostril? Mind if we push this pot roast through it?"

• フレンズこの1文!

I have had it with you guys and your cancer and your emphysema and your heart disease. この1文を文法的な解説を含め解読お願いいたします。 文脈は、タバコをやめろよ、とチャンドラーがジョーイやロスに言われているシーンです。 JOEY: Do you have any respect for your body? ROSS: Don't you realise what you're-you're doing to yourself? CHANDLER: Hey, y'know, I have had it with you guys and your cancer and your emphysema and your heart disease. The bottom line is, smoking is cool, and you know it.

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-12

boy scouts could have camped under there. が何を意図しているのかイメージがつかめません。 ◇シチュエーション フィービーが仕事でマッサージ師をやっている。 彼女の友達のレイチェルの恋人である Paolo(イタリア人のプレイボーイ)が彼女のマッサージ店にやってきて、彼女にマッサージを受ける。受けている際、フィービーは突然、彼におしりを触られる。 その場面を回想しながら、フィービーはフィービーの友達にその事件について話している。 PHOEBE: He made a move on me. JOEY, CHANDLER: Oooohhh... ROSS: My God! MONICA: Are you sure? [Flashback: Paolo, lying on massage table, grabs Phoebe's butt] PHOEBE: Oh yeah, I'm sure. [Flashback resumes while Phoebe does voice-over] And all of a sudden his hands weren't the problem anymore. [Flashback continues: Paolo rolls over, Phoebe looks down, then quickly looks up, bites lip, shakes her head] MONICA: Was it...? ◇PHOEBE: Oh, boy scouts could have camped under there. GUYS: Oooooo....

• メールの中のstuporの意味がわかりません

Are you going to work in USA and give stupor to him? himは、私の婚約者を指しています。 イギリスの友人からのメールですが、どういう意味でしょうか? よろしくお願いします。