フレンズ出産シーンでのキャロルの感想とは?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • キャロルは出産の映像を見て非常に驚いており、自分にはできないと感じています。
  • 彼女は出産を拒否し、それはただなくなるだけだと述べています。
  • キャロルは他の人たちに対して、自身が経験したことと同じような状況を想像してほしいと思っています。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

フレンズこの1文!from 1-16(4)

今回多くて申し訳ございません。 4つものシーンでわからない部分があり、手こずってます... It's just gonna have to stay in No one's come up to you and said, "Hi, is that your nostril? Mind if we push this pot roast through it?" こちらの部分がわかりません。 解読お願いいたします。 ■シチュエーション■ 出産の仕方を映像で見たキャロルが、私にはこんなのとてもできないわ、と言っているシーン CAROL: This is impossible. It's just impossible. SUSAN: What is, honey? CAROL: What that woman did. I am not doin' that. It's just gonna have to stay in. That's all, everything will be the same, it'll just stay in. ROSS: Carol, honey, shhh, everything's gonna be all right. CAROL: What do you know? No one's come up to you and said, "Hi, is that your nostril? Mind if we push this pot roast through it?"

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

It's just gonna have to stay in 出産が怖くなって、it=赤ちゃん、はお腹にとどまるしかない、と言っています。 二つ目のは pot roast=鍋で作るローストビーフやローストチキンのことです。 お産の怖さを「出産をしないあなたに何がわかるの?「あなたの鼻の穴にローストチキンを入れてもいい?」 なんて言われたことないでしょ」と例えているところです。 日本語の鼻からスイカとかと同じように考えればわかりやすいですね。

iphone1207
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。 大変わかり易い回答でした。 この部分が一番わからなかったので、助かりました、ありがとうございます。 ありがとうございました!

関連するQ&A

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-17

以下の(2)つの箇所がわかりません。 (1)wouldn't you guys? (2)you'd be starin' at the business end of a hissy fit. ご教示願います。 ■シチュエーション ジョーイはフィービーの双子の姉であるアースラの誕生日にアースラとデートに行くと言っています。 もちろん、フィービーもその日は誕生日。フィービーとジョーイはお友達ですが、フィービーとアースラは犬猿の仲。 CHANDLER: There it is! So what're you gonna do? JOEY: What can I do? Look, I don't want to do anything to screw it up with Ursula. CHANDLER: And your friend Phoebe? JOEY: Well, if she's my friend, hopefully she'll understand. I mean, wouldn't you guys? CHANDLER: Man if you tried something like that on my birthday, you'd be starin' at the business end of a hissy fit.

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-19-2

以下の箇所がわかりません。 何卒ご教示願います。 ●don’t you think if things were gonna happen with Rachel, they would have, happened already? これはどういう意味で、何をいいたいのか、わかりません。 ● I can’t remember the last time I got a girl to take care of my monkey. 文の意味はわかるのですが、文脈上でどういう意図で言っているのか? [Ross, Chandler & Joey in a pizza place] Chandler: You know, I cannot believe we are even having this discussion. Joey: I agree. I’m, like, in disbelief. Chandler: I mean, don’t you think if things were gonna happen with Rachel, they would have, happened already? Ross: I’m telling you, she said she’s looking for a relationship with someone exactly like me. Joey: She really said that? Ross: Well, I added the "exactly like me" part, but she said she’s looking for someone, and someone is gonna be there tonight. Joey: Tonight, tonight? Ross: Well, I think it’s perfect, you know, it’s just gonna be the two of us, she’s spent all day taking care of my monkey... Chandler: I can’t remember the last time I got a girl to take care of my monkey.

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-12(2)

レイチェルのイタリア人の彼がフィービーの務めるマッサージ店に来て、マッサージ中にフィービーのお尻をさわりました。このことをフィービーがレイチェルに言いました。 レイチェルはそれを聞いて、彼をボロクソに言いましたが、怒りが落ち着いた後の会話です。 I just liked it better before it was better... がわかりません。 何卒解読お願いいたします。 PHOEBE: Should I not have told you? RACHEL: No, no, trust, me, it's, it's, it's much better that I know. Uh, I just liked it better before it was better... [Phoebe scoots her chair over to Rachel and hugs her]

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-11

This is so not what I needed now. この1文がわかりません。 できれば、文法的に解読お願いいたします。 Rachel: Oh, c'mon. We'll have, we'll have a big party, and no-one'll know who's with who. Ross: Hey, y'know, this is so not what I needed right now. Monica: What's the matter? Ross: Oh, it's-it's Marcel. He keeps shutting me out, y'know? He's walking around all the time dragging his hands...

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-15

I'm keeping it downがわかりません。 解読お願いいたします。 ■シチュエーション■ モニカがレストランの料理長の試験のため、作ったサーモンムースをジョーイに試食させて、意見を求めているシーン MNCA: [to Joey] OK, try this salmon mousse. JOEY: [tasting] Mmmm. Good. MNCA: Is it better than the other salmon mousse? JOEY: It's creamier. MNCA: Yeah, well, is that better? JOEY: I don't know. We're talking about whipped fish, Monica. I'm just happy I'm keeping it down, y'know?

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-5

◇シチュエーション ジョーイ、ジョーイの元彼女とその恋人、ジョーイの友人のモニカが一緒に食事をしている。 ジョーイはモニカにジョーイの元彼女とその恋人は兄弟であると伝えている。 ジョーイは元彼女とよりを戻したい。 モニカは紹介されたジョーイの元彼女の恋人に一目惚れ。 しかし、モニカは兄弟であると伝えられている目の前の二人がイチャイチャしているので、 なんか兄弟なのに、イチャイチャしておかしいよ、ジョーイ、まさか騙したわね、という態度をとっている。 色々調べてみましたが、◇の部分がわかりません。 何卒解読願います。 JOEY: Come on, they're close. MNCA: Close? She's got her tongue in his ear. ◇JOEY: Oh, like you've never gotten a little rambunctious with Ross. MNCA: Joey, this is sick, it's disgusting, it's, it's--not really true, is it? ◇JOEY: Well, who's to say what's true? I mean-- MNCA: Oh my god, what were you thinking? ◇JOEY: All right, look, I'm not proud of this, ok? Well, maybe I am a little.

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-16

you might wanna run it by, uh-- So that if we went out on a date, she'd be there. ここの2つの部分がわかりません 解読お願いいたします。 ■シチュエーション■ ジョーイがフィービーの双子の姉にアタックしようとしている。 チャンドラーはフィービーにもそれを言ったほうがいいのでは、的な発言をしているシーン JOEY: She is so hot. CHANDLER: Yeah, listen. Before you do anything Joey-like, you might wanna run it by, uh-- JOEY: Pheebs? You think it would be ok if I asked out your sister? PHOEBE: Why? Why would you wanna do that? Why? JOEY: So that if we went out on a date, she'd be there.

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-13

ジョーイの父がカフェにやってきました。 ジョーイの友達と久しぶりに会い、近況を聞いて回ってます。 Home for twoがわかりません。 ■シチュエーション■ フィービーは新しい彼氏ロジャーといる ロスの奥さんはレズであり、今はロスは独り身 チャンドラーは冗談が好き ご教授願います。 Phoebe: Oh. This is my friend Roger. Rog: Hi. MrT: Hey. Hey, good to see you Roger... Rog: You too, sir. MrT: What happened to the, er, puppet guy? Joey: Dad! Er... (Gesturing...) MrT: Oh. Oh. Er, excuse me. So, Ross, er, how’s the wife? Joey: Uuuuhhh!! (Ross cringes, Joey gestures again...) MrT: Home for two, eh? Er, Chandler, quick, say something funny!

• これらの英文は正しい?(worth を使った文)

He is worty of it. He is worth it. You are worthy of the prize. It's worthwhile buying this new machine. It's worthwhile to buy this machine. これら英文で正しくないものはあるんでしょうか?

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-11(2)

This is the way that I find out. Most moms use the phone. これらの文が理解できません。 できれば、文法的に解読お願いいたします。 文脈 TVに出ているチャンドラーの母親がTVで 「ニューヨークに立つのはやだけど、でも愛する息子に会えるようになるわ」 的な感じでしゃべってます。 それをTVで見たチャンドラーがこの質問の発言をしました。 MRS. BING (TV): Oh, fine. I'm leaving for New York tomorrow, which I hate- but I get to see my son, who I love... All: Awww! CHANDLER: This is the way that I find out. Most moms use the phone.