• ベストアンサー

メールの中のstuporの意味がわかりません

Are you going to work in USA and give stupor to him? himは、私の婚約者を指しています。 イギリスの友人からのメールですが、どういう意味でしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#159516
noname#159516
回答No.4

No3です。 そうです。タイプミスとすれば意味が通じます。「アメリカで働いて彼を経済的に支援するの?」となります。

kotorimama
質問者

お礼

確かにそれで意味が通じるので、タイプミスだったのかもと思います。 回答をありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (3)

noname#159516
noname#159516
回答No.3

support のタイポ。

kotorimama
質問者

補足

タイポというのは、タイプミスのことでしょうか?

noname#175206
noname#175206
回答No.2

うわ、何をtypoしてるやら、あたしゃ。 ×>理由や暇では察しかねます。 ○>理由や意図までは察しかねます。

kotorimama
質問者

お礼

typoとは、ミスタイプのことだったのですね。 2度回答くださった意味がわかりました。 ありがとうございました。

noname#175206
noname#175206
回答No.1

stuporはこの場合、おそらく、驚きやショックが強すぎてなる「茫然自失状態」でしょうね。  質問者様がアメリカへ働きに行ってしまって、「彼」=婚約者さんが、ショックを受けることをいっているのだと思いますが、理由や暇では察しかねます。

kotorimama
質問者

お礼

そういう意味にもとれますね。 回答をありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 意味を教えてください

My father is 74 years old and in poor health. I only see him a couple of times a year because I am so busy these days between work and kids, and his health no longer permits him to travel to my home to visit. We are going to see him soon, and I have scheduled an in-studio photo session with a professional photographer for the first afternoon that we are going to be in town. My dad said he was willing to get photos taken with our boys. Here’s my dilemma: I don’t want my stepmother in the photos, and I’m searching for a diplomatic way to communicate this to him. Long story short: They have been married for 26-plus years, and she and I have never had a good relationship, but in the past 15 months or so, things have deteriorated to a point where I do not speak to her (unless absolutely necessary) and have decided to have no relationship with her going forward. for the first afternoon that we are going to be in townとgoing forwardの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 「will」と「be going to」って同じ意味じゃないの?

「will」と「be going to」は同じ意味だと習った記憶があるのですが、大学の英語の授業で以下の問題がでました。 ()内から適切なものを選びなさい。 1:I bought some warm boots because (I'll go/I'm going) skiing. 2:"Tony's back from vacation." "He is? (I'll give/I'm going to give) him a call. 3:Congratulatuons! I here (you'll get married/you're going to get married). 1の答えはI'm going 2の答えはI'll give 3の答えはyou're going to get married でした。 何故こうなるのかよく意味がわかりません。 教えてください。教授に聞き忘れてしまい、明後日がテストなので結構ヤバイ状態です。

• どのような意味でしょうか

When someone brings food to share at work, what is the policy on taking second helpings, or thirds even? For example, you are in a hurry and skip breakfast that morning, and you see in the break room someone has brought in a loaf of banana bread, how many slices are you “allowed” to take? And over what timeframe? over what timeframe? はどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 比較 ()の中に適語を入れて下さい

1 The Amazon is the second () river in the world. 2 The days are getting () and (). 3 The enemy were () to us in numbe rs. 4 The () you know him, the () you'll l ike him. 5 Sam is two years our ().

• Longman Dictionaryの記号の意味

Longman Online Dictionaryで「⇔」の記号が使われているのですが、この意味するところは何でしょうか。 work something ⇔ out to think carefully about how you are going to do something and plan a good way of doing it <https://www.ldoceonline.com/dictionary/work-out> # something と out の語順が入れ替わってもOK、という意味のような気がするのですが。 よろしくお願いします。

• 【かなり急いでおります】ビジネス英文メールのご添削

一個前の質問の続きなのですが、 英文メール(1)に対する返信として(2)の英文メールを考えたのですが、おかしな箇所や丁寧にした方が良い部分がありましたら訂正をお願いいたしますm(_ _)m ※(1)は弊社から人材を派遣している企業からきた英文メールです。 (1)We are thinking to give TANAKA JPY10,000yen worth of spot award in near future. He led one of our big project early this year and worked hard to lead my team to complete the tasks. As a result, we want to give him spot award and recognize his great work. Is it possible to give him its amount via your paycheck and charge through invoice to us? We want to make sure He receives exact amount in his pocket, without your commission fee. (It is ok to charge your fee to us, but not to him please) (I will let you know when spot award will be available) 我々は田中君に特別な賞与として近日中に1万円支払いたい。 彼は今年初めにビックプロジェクトを牽引しチームが業務を遂行するために大変良く働いてくれた。 この成果に対し彼に特別賞与を与え、偉大な仕事ぶりを賞賛したい。 そこで、御社から給与を通じて彼に総額を支払っていただき,請求書を通じて我々にその分を請求してもらうことは可能か? 我々は諸経費を差し引くこと無く,彼に総額一万円を渡したい。(彼には諸経費を請求せず,経費については私どもに請求してほしい) (賞与の準備が整ったら改めてお知らせする) (2) Thank you for your patronage. We appreciate that you have appraued our staff Tanaka. Regarding the spot award, I have understand . Also, regarding your question, it is possible that you give him amount via our paycheck and charge through invoice to you. We will charge our fee to only you. We are hearing from you again when spot award will be available. Best regards,

• 意味を教えてください

Do you want to visit in September? It will give me one month to work hard. これって断っているんですか? work hardはどのように訳したいいのでしょうか

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

雑誌に下記のような事が記載されていました。誰かのコメントだと思われます。 ちょっと気になったのですみませんが意味を教えて下さい。お願い致します。 you had faith in our brand from the beginning and you have helped us get famous in USA. I respect this and so, will support you. You are number one for us !!!!!

• こんなメールが来ました。教えてください。

先日海外からこんなメール来ました。経験ある人いますか? Abidjan,Cote d'ivoire Please my dear, After going through your profile i decided to write you.My name is Mr Jean Michael,19 year old,the only Son of late Chief and Mr Alfred Michael, Please i want to relocate to your country where i can settled down happily,and I wish to request for your assistance in a transaction that will benefit you and i. The money in question is $6.500.000USD(Six Million Five Hundred Thousand Usa Dollars). And I wish to invest the money in Manufacturing and real estate management in your country under your care and guidance.and I will require for your assistance in receiving the funds in your personal/ account for investment, I will be gladly to give you 10% of the total sum for your assistance. God bless you a

• 意味の違い教えてください

意味の違いがわかるように和訳をお願いします 1-1 I hope you are strong and healthy. 1-2 I wish you were strong and healty. 2-1 If you help him,he will be happy. 2-2 If you had helped him , he would have been happy. 3-1 If he had started yesterday, he would be in time. 3-2 If he had started yesterday, he' have been in time. 4-1 Two more days would be enough for the work. 4-2 In another week, I would have been back at home. よろしくお願いします