I have had it with you guys and your cancer

このQ&Aのポイント
  • タバコをやめろよ、とジョーイやロスに言われているチャンドラーが、彼らのがんや喘息、心臓病について不満を述べる。
  • チャンドラーは、ジョーイとロスが自身の健康を意識していないことに不満を抱き、タバコの影響で生じるがんや喘息、心臓病について指摘する。
  • チャンドラーは、自身の友人であるジョーイやロスがタバコで引き起こされるがんや喘息、心臓病のリスクを無視していることに不満を持っている。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

フレンズこの1文!

I have had it with you guys and your cancer and your emphysema and your heart disease. この1文を文法的な解説を含め解読お願いいたします。 文脈は、タバコをやめろよ、とチャンドラーがジョーイやロスに言われているシーンです。 JOEY: Do you have any respect for your body? ROSS: Don't you realise what you're-you're doing to yourself? CHANDLER: Hey, y'know, I have had it with you guys and your cancer and your emphysema and your heart disease. The bottom line is, smoking is cool, and you know it.

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#145074
noname#145074
回答No.1

文法的にどうこうという点はありません。"have had it with ~"=「~にはうんざりしている」という意味です。 "I have had it with you guys and your cancer and your emphysema and your heart disease." 「もう俺はお前たちにはうんざりなんだよ。おまえらの言う癌にも、肺気腫にも、心臓病にも!」といった感じです。 ついでに "The bottom line is, smoking is cool, and you know it." 「要するに、タバコってーのはいけてるんだよ。わかってんだろう!」

iphone1207
質問者

お礼

そのイディオム、てっきり頭から抜けてました...やっぱり文章の中でないと定着しないですね。 ありがとうございます。 できれば、こちらもお願いいたします。 http://questionbox.jp.msn.com/qa6974117.html

関連するQ&A

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-17(2)

you'd think I would. この1文がわかりません。 ご教示願います。 ■シチュエーション ロスは今度息子が生まれ、父親になります。 ゲームをしながら、唐突にチャンドラーがそれについて色々ロスに言葉を投げかけます。 CHANDLER: Ok, worst case scenario. Say you never feel like a father. Say your son never feels connected to you as one. Say all of his relationships are affected by this. ROSS: Do you have a point? CHANDLER: You know, you'd think I would.

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-17

以下の(2)つの箇所がわかりません。 (1)wouldn't you guys? (2)you'd be starin' at the business end of a hissy fit. ご教示願います。 ■シチュエーション ジョーイはフィービーの双子の姉であるアースラの誕生日にアースラとデートに行くと言っています。 もちろん、フィービーもその日は誕生日。フィービーとジョーイはお友達ですが、フィービーとアースラは犬猿の仲。 CHANDLER: There it is! So what're you gonna do? JOEY: What can I do? Look, I don't want to do anything to screw it up with Ursula. CHANDLER: And your friend Phoebe? JOEY: Well, if she's my friend, hopefully she'll understand. I mean, wouldn't you guys? CHANDLER: Man if you tried something like that on my birthday, you'd be starin' at the business end of a hissy fit.

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-19-2

以下の箇所がわかりません。 何卒ご教示願います。 ●don’t you think if things were gonna happen with Rachel, they would have, happened already? これはどういう意味で、何をいいたいのか、わかりません。 ● I can’t remember the last time I got a girl to take care of my monkey. 文の意味はわかるのですが、文脈上でどういう意図で言っているのか? [Ross, Chandler & Joey in a pizza place] Chandler: You know, I cannot believe we are even having this discussion. Joey: I agree. I’m, like, in disbelief. Chandler: I mean, don’t you think if things were gonna happen with Rachel, they would have, happened already? Ross: I’m telling you, she said she’s looking for a relationship with someone exactly like me. Joey: She really said that? Ross: Well, I added the "exactly like me" part, but she said she’s looking for someone, and someone is gonna be there tonight. Joey: Tonight, tonight? Ross: Well, I think it’s perfect, you know, it’s just gonna be the two of us, she’s spent all day taking care of my monkey... Chandler: I can’t remember the last time I got a girl to take care of my monkey.

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-13(3)

mittens are nice! これがわかりません。 解読お願いいたします。 ■シチュエーション■ チャンドラーが偶然シャワー上りのレイチェルの胸を見てしまった件でもめている。 Chandler: You know, you know, I don’t know why you are so embarrassed. They were very nice boobies... Rachel: Nice? They were... nice? I mean, tha... that’s it? I mean, mittens are nice! Chandler: OK. Rock... Hard place... Me!

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-19-3

●so long as  we’re here, and, er, not on the subject, これが何を意味しているのか、わかりません。 ご教示願います。 ■ロスがレイチェルとケンカした後、仲直りする場面。 ロスはレイチェルが好きです。 ワインを飲もうと言って、ムードを演出するため、わざと電気を消して.. というシーン Ross: No, no. Yeah, but you were the one who got him back, you know, you, you, you were great... Hey, we, er, we still have that, er, that bottle of wine... You in the mood for something grape? Rachel: Sure. That’ll be good. Ross: Alright. Er (Gets wine, glasses, and turns down the lights...... The, er, the neighbours must be vacuuming! Well, er, so long as we’re here, and, er, not on the subject, erm, I was thinking about, er, how mad we got at each other... before... and, erm, I was thinking maybe it was partially because of how we, er, how we...

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-18

以下の文がわかりません。 ご教示願います。 ●MNCA: Alright, Cincinatti, no blinds, everybody ante. [deals cards] なぜcincinattiなのか、no blinds とは ●ROSS: Well, you better hop outta the shower, cause... I gotta flush. [lays down cards] hop outta the showerは比喩表現? ポーカーをはじめます。 MNCA: Alright, Cincinatti, no blinds, everybody ante. [deals cards] PHOE: [looks at her cards] Yes! [everyone looks at her] .... or no. [Ross comes back from bathroom.] ROSS: Alright. [to Rachel]: Your money's mine, Green. RACH: Your fly is open, Geller. [he checks it, and zips up] [Time lapse.] しばらくしてから... PHOE: You guys, you know what I just realized? 'Joker' is 'poker' with a 'J.' Coincidence? CHAN: Hey, that's... that's 'joincidence' with a 'C'! JOEY: Uh... Phoebe? Phoebe? PHOE: Yeah. Um... I'm out. [throws in cards] RACH: I'm in. MNCA: Me too. JOEY: Me too. Alright, whattaya got. ROSS: Well, you better hop outta the shower, cause... I gotta flush. [lays down cards]

• フレンズこの一文!

Actually it's the same guy that wells up every time that Grinch's heart grows three sizes and breaks that measuring device の一文をできれば文法的に解説お願いします。 CHANDLER: ...Well, y'know, part of me wants that, but it's like I'm two guys, y'know? I mean, one guy's going 'Shut up! This is great!' But there's this other guy. Actually it's the same guy that wells up every time that Grinch's heart grows three sizes and breaks that measuring device... And he's saying, y'know, 'This is too hard! Get out! Get out!' シチュエーション 女性に対する不埒な欲望に対して、 葛藤している状況です。 自分の中に二人の人格がいる的なシーンです。

• フレンズ、1stシーズン第6話でのセリフについて

こんにちは 「フレンズ」ファーストシーズン第6話のチャンドラーのモニカとレイチェルへのセリフです。 No, no resentment, believe me, it's worth it. 'Kay? Y'know in a relationship you have these key moments that you know you'll remember for the rest of your life? Well, every- single- second is like that with Aurora.. and I've just wasted about thirty-five of them talking to you people, so, uh.. Monica, can you help me with the door? ここで ”every- single- second is like that with Aurora.” の訳が ”オーロラとの1秒1秒が貴重なんだ” となっていたのですが、どうしてこのような日本語訳になるのでしょうか? 教えてください。

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-16(4)

今回多くて申し訳ございません。 4つものシーンでわからない部分があり、手こずってます... It's just gonna have to stay in No one's come up to you and said, "Hi, is that your nostril? Mind if we push this pot roast through it?" こちらの部分がわかりません。 解読お願いいたします。 ■シチュエーション■ 出産の仕方を映像で見たキャロルが、私にはこんなのとてもできないわ、と言っているシーン CAROL: This is impossible. It's just impossible. SUSAN: What is, honey? CAROL: What that woman did. I am not doin' that. It's just gonna have to stay in. That's all, everything will be the same, it'll just stay in. ROSS: Carol, honey, shhh, everything's gonna be all right. CAROL: What do you know? No one's come up to you and said, "Hi, is that your nostril? Mind if we push this pot roast through it?"

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-12

ロスが自分の息子の性別を元妻から聞かされていない。 元妻は性別が最近わかった。ロスの妹は電話でそれを知っている。 そこで、レイチェルが以下の文を発言します。 ここで、I couldn't not know がnot が2つ重なっていますが、これはどういうことなのでしょうか? RACHEL [to Ross]: I can't believe you don't want to know. I mean, I couldn't not know, I mean, if, if the doctor knows, and Carol knows, and Susan knows....