• ベストアンサー

ピーターパンの英文を読んでちょっと訳せない部分があったので教えてくださ

ピーターパンの英文を読んでちょっと訳せない部分があったので教えてください。 They were wriggle your shoulders this way ,'he said, "and let go". They were all on their beds, and gallant Michael let go first. He did not quite mean to let go, but he did it, and immediately he was borne across the room. という部分です。お願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

原文を調べたんですが、最初のところは「They were wriggle~」じゃなく「Now just wriggle ~」じゃないですか? 直訳するとこんな感じ。 --------------------------- 「さあ、こんなふうに肩を震わせて」彼は言いました。「そして、飛ぶんだ」 彼らはみんなベッドの上にいました、そして勇敢なマイケルが最初に飛びました。 彼は正確には飛ぶつもりではなかったのですが、飛んでしまいました。 そして、すぐに彼は部屋を横切りました。 ---------------------------- もうちょっと自然に訳すと、私の感覚ではこんな感じ。 ----------------------------- 「ほら、こんなふうに肩を震わせて」 「飛ぶ!」 ピーターの説明を聞いて、最初にベッドから飛び上がったのはマイケルだった。 別にマイケルに一番勇気があったというわけではない。 自分でも意図せずに体が浮かび上がってしまったのだ。 マイケルは宙に浮いたまま部屋を横切っていく。

quppopo
質問者

お礼

誤文、申し訳ございませんでした。 あと訂正文を訳していただきありがとうございます。 おかげで続きが読めそうです。

その他の回答 (1)

• ucok
  • ベストアンサー率37% (4288/11421)
回答No.1

「wriggle your shoulders」の前の「They were」はそこに存在すべきではないと思います。あとは下記のような辞書を頼りに訳せるはずですし、翻訳版だってたくさん出ているわけですが、ご質問の目的は何ですか? 目的に合わせた回答を書きたいと思います。 http://eow.alc.co.jp/wriggle/UTF-8/?ref=sa http://eow.alc.co.jp/this+way/UTF-8/ http://eow.alc.co.jp/let+go/UTF-8/ http://eow.alc.co.jp/mean+to/UTF-8/ http://eow.alc.co.jp/borne/UTF-8/

quppopo
質問者

お礼

誤文、申し訳ございませんでした。 古い絵本の中に紛れ込んでいたため、どうしても日本語訳を知りたくて・・・・・ 上のサイトを参考にさせていただきます。 回答していただきありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 以下の英文についてお尋ねします。canning

Mr. Fay said the caning, which he estimated took one minute, left a "few streaks of blood" running down his buttocks. But his description appeared less horrific than accounts of caning in the past. "The skin did rip open," he said. "There was some blood. I mean let's not exaggerate, and let's not say a few drops or that the blood was gushing out. It was in between the two. It's like a bloody nose." Mr. Fay said the wounds hurt for about five days, after which they itched as they healed. "The first couple of days it was very hard to sit," he said. He said that he was able to walk immediately after the caning and that in the days after the punishment he was able to do push-ups. Mr. Fay said he now wanted get on with finishing high school and then go to college "like any other kid in America." 1his discription以降なのですが、「彼の描写/説明(鞭打ちの)は過去における鞭打ち(刑)の話よりもおぞましくないように思われた。」というような文意だと考えるのですが、合っていますでしょうか?またここでのin the pastの文中の働きはcanningを修飾していると感がるのですがこの理解でよろしいでしょうか?記事前文に「In his first description of the caning, Mr. Fay said that prison officials told him he shouted, "I'm dying," when the first stroke was delivered. He said he could not remember making the cry.」とあるのでここをin the pastで示していると読むのですが解説頂ければ幸いです。 He said a prison officer stood beside him and guided him through the ordeal, saying: "O.K. Michael, three left. O.K., Michael, two left. O.K., one more; you're almost done." 2let's not say~以降なのですが、It was in between the twoでtwoがdropsを指していると考えるのですが、Itはどこを指し、ているのでしょうか?構文はSVM構文だと考えるのですが(因みにlet's not say a few dropsというのも文意が掴みにくいのですが教えて頂ければ幸いです)。 3after which の部分なのですがここはfive daysを指しているとの理解及び用法と考えてよろしいでしょうか? 長文ですが解説のほど解説よろしくお願いします。

• 何度も投稿して恐縮ですが、どなたか下記の英文を和訳して頂けますか?

何度も投稿して恐縮ですが、どなたか下記の英文を和訳して頂けますか? 正確さを欠くため、自動翻訳機による翻訳はなしでお願い致します. The identities of the dead and injured were not immediately available. Larry Nickey,a Grand Canyon National Park Fire Department captain,said there was fuel in the plane's cockpit area but the wreck age did not catch fire. Nickey said fire fightersvcut out the plane's bottom to free a man and a woman.He said they were the only two still alive in the plane when he arrived.

• 英文の和訳を希望します

和訳をしていただけるかたのみで、 お願いできますでしょうか? 1つの段落の後半部分となります。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 He liked music, dance and prophecy ands poetry and may have liked to travel a restless character He may have played a musical instrument, and did not much like work or hard labor, though he was a dutiful man. He would have worked long and hard for poor return in the past and developed no taste for it. He was the keeper of family secrets. People could confide in him knowing it would go no further. When they were small your soul mates father would have seemed to have had a cold and forbidding exterior. Stern gruff traditional, occasionally cruel and harsh;. The dominant head of the house. But as the children grew older they could see through this father act, to his wealth of kinder character and his love and affection. He had many material goods and was practical and prosperous.

• 英文わからないので教えてほしいです。

1 They rendered aid or service so that he might be pleased and want for nothing. 彼らは助けまたはサービスを与えた。彼が不自由なく楽しく暮らせるかもしれないから。 2 They were occupied with their own troubles. 彼らは彼ら自身の困難と共に従事した。 自分で訳してみましたが変になってしまいます。 分かりやすく教えてほしいです。すみません。

• 英文の翻訳

和訳をしていただけるかたのみで、 お願いできますでしょうか? 1つの段落の前半部分となります。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 His father was a man who was Tall, and moderately fat with large eyes and black hair and a long banana or crescent moon shaped face. A proud looking man. He had trouble with one of his knees and his leg was a bit weak or crooked. He had a hospitable and generous nature. He tried to mould the minds of his children into the right direction in life. Married late in life to a woman of superior position and his past was not so good. He could be melancholic and liked to study or read in the silence of his own chamber with a lamp, which his children were not welcome to disrupt. He was stricter and sharp with the children when they were small. but, gentler when they were older and behaved better. He could be merry, eat drink and have fun and include the children. He felt happy amongst his family and children. He was intuitive and had a spiritual side.

• 下記英文で質問があります

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe/02/15/italy.party/index.html?iref=NS1 CNNの記事です。 "Yes. A couple of times. I think I called him as well to let him know how the things were going and obviously he was quite worried as well because, I mean, we were young girls in the questura so I called him to let him know that everything was OK. That we were OK, that the girl was OK and how things were going." この文章がどうも読み下せません。意味を教えてください。 "He sings. He tells stories, any type of stories, I mean even personal stories, of his experience of politics, humorous stories, that is a little bit of how the evenings were," she said. "I mean, nothing lurid in any way." この文章の、a little bit of how the evening wereがよくわかりません。ここを教えてください。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• この部分の和訳を教えてください

He sttoped going to college because he felt the tuition was too expensive and the classes were not usefull. テスト前なのにわからなくて困ってます。この部分を和訳して欲しいです。

• 英文でわからないところがあります。

下記の文章の” I imagine he’s had his share of what they can do back there, too” の部分をどう訳せばいいのか教えていただけないでしょうか。 “He was always well-mannered and always a nice boy and very polite and kind, and I always remember him for that and always liked him, too. I felt quite disturbed that this would be happening. War is an awful thing, so I imagine he’s had his share of what they can do back there, too, in Afghanistan. I imagine he’s seen a lot, too, that’s maybe done things to him,” said Mattheis. 出展:VOA News http://www.voanews.com/english/news/usa/US-Soldier-Sentenced-to-Life-in-Prison-for-Afghan-Atrocities-133719403.html

• 小説からの英文です。

The house with a clock in its walls All the children in New Zebedee knew Hammerhandle and, if they were smart, they were afraid of him. He was a mean old hobo who lived in a tar-paper shack down by the railroad tracks, and he had a reputation for being able to foretell the future. 読んでいまして、if の意味が取れないのですが、この if はどのような意味で使われていますか?教えて下さい。

• 英文を訳していただけませんか?

以下の英文を訳していただけませんか? When you find that man who is very loving and caring to you... do not let a day go by where he doesnt feel that love from you. よろしくお願いします。