• ベストアンサー

英語の文法について教えてください。

英語の文法について教えてください。 今読んでいる英文に以下のようなものがあります。 "Nor will fiscal stimulus of the sort Congress is talking about." (前文は"The policy cannot reverse the credit cycle.") (訳は「連邦議会が話し合っているような、財政出動でも同じことだろう。」) とされています。 理解できない点が2つあります。 (1)「Nor」を使用しない純粋な否定分は、 "The fiscal stimulus of the sort Congress is talking about cannot reverse neither." でよろしいでしょうか。 (2)文中の"sort"はどの単語にかかっていて、どのような意味を持っているのでしょうか。 わかりにくい質問となってしまい恐縮ですが、ご回答よろしくお願いします。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

1) Fiscal stimulus of the sort Congress is talking about cannot reverse it either. ここではcannotがすでに否定の形なっているのでneitherではなく、eitherが正しいです。そして、reverseという単語は目的語が必要なので、itをいれなければなりません。 2)sort は「のような」(または種類)という意味でkindとほぼ同じです。The sort of fiscal stimulus と書き直しても良いです。

white7lies
質問者

お礼

大変分かりやすい説明、ありがとうございます。 eitherとneitherについては勉強不足でした。 また、sortは、"~ of the sort"と対象の後につけることもできるのですね。勉強になりました。ありがとうございました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の文法チェックしてください、

The second story “Girl” was more interesting to me. The story is like family motto from her mother to girl. This story imply that girl’s mother really love her children with extravagance. I can find her mother’s love, worry and many more feeling to her daughter. I like this story because this story has more adorable feelings. I believe that “white elephant” is more difficult than “Girl”, because that story is mostly consisted of conversation between them, however, that conversation makes me confused. It is not clear for me. The girl was mad first time, but she easily come back to good mood the end of the story. I wanted to see the process how she came back to good mood. I believe that “Girl” is not a real story. I guess that this story is talking about future’s children. In my opinion, the girls’ mother wants to have a girl baby in her future, so she is talking about how her children want to grow up when she have a girl baby,

• 英語☆★未来の表現

・be about to do「まさに…するところだ」 ・be on[at] the point[verge] of doing「今にも…しようとしている」 の二つは同じ用法ですか? 一応テキストに載ってる例文も書きます。 ・The mayor is about to announce the result of the elecsion. ・The oil company is on the point of making an important decision.

• 文法が正しいか見てください。m(_ _)m

↓文章が2つあるのですが、両方確認して頂きたいです。 <The consumption tax>  Japanese consumption tax is 5%. Sweden is a country where a consumption tax is the 2nd highest country in the world, and 5 times of Japan. Iceland is a country where a consumption tax is the highest. It is 25.5%. There are three kinds of consumption taxes of Sweden. The highest tax rates of them are 25%. A publication and public traffic are 6% and food is the tax rates of 12%. But, Japan has not divided the consumption tax like Sweden.  The tax rates of Sweden are higher than Japan, so social welfare is substantial than Japan. <History of the tax>  Third, I’m going to talk about history of the tax. Japan was started the consumption tax in 1989. At first, it was 3%. Later, it changed 5% in 1997. Then, it is still 5%. But, it will go up in the future. Sweden was started the consumption tax in 1960. The consumption tax of Sweden changed 10 times in 30 years, and became 25% from 4.2%. Therefore, the consumption tax of Japan did not large change. But, the consumption tax of Sweden changed a lot.

• 英語の文法ミス教えてください

All people including all sex and age feel stressed about a variety of life living. We cannot avoid feeling stressed. For instance, a bay feels a lot of pressure when he/she was born, which is a first time to feel it. There are two types of ways how people feel stressed. Type A people feel more stressed because they are more competitive and aggressive. What’s more, they have more risky to get a heart attack. On the other hand, Type B people are more easygoing. They do not usually feel stressed a lot. The time passes more slowly. They enjoy their life more than Type A.

• 文法の整合性について

I study about Internet advertising The motive for my study is [that I want to analysis the relation between human psychology and Internet ad.] The reason is that the rate of internet ad. costs is glowing from year to year. At the same time , more and more people uses Internet in the world. Therefore many people were influenced by Internet ad. So I want to study about that Internet ad. is how to approach human psychology. 以上の文章で文法的な誤りはありますでしょうか? ご指導いただければ幸いです。

• 英語の文法チェックしてください

Compared with other my friends, my life is very unusual. I had been to Australian for four months after graduation from high school. It was my best experience I have ever had. The smell of air was cool and freshness when I arrived in Cairns airport, which smell cannot get out of my mind. Of course, there were many culture differences between Japan and Australia such as food, thinking and language. なんでもいいので文法ミス教えてください泣き

• 間違いがないかみてください

私達はスイスについて調べました。 We examined it about Switzerland. スイスはドイツ、フランス、イタリア、オーストリア、リヒテンシュタインに囲まれた内陸に位置しています。 Switzerland is located in Germany, France, Italy, Austria, the inland among Liechtenstein. 首都はベルンです。 The capital is Bern. 人口は約746万人で日本の約17分の1の人口です。 Population is about a one-17th Japanese population with about 7,460,000. 面積は約4.1万平方キロメートルで、九州本島よりやや大きい位です。 The area is the rank who is slightly bigger than Kyushu Motojima with about 41,000 square km. 時差は日本より8時間遅れです。 The difference in time is a delay than Japan for eight hours. 7. ただしサマータイムとなる期間は7時間遅れになります。 But the period when it is summer time is delayed for seven hours. スイスで主に話されている言語はドイツ語で約64%をしめています。 The spoken language holds about 64% in German mainly in Switzerland. スイスの国旗が赤地に白十字で赤十字の旗と逆という事はご存知でしょうか? Will it know that a Swiss national flag is reverse to the flag of the Red Cross with a white cross for Akachi? これは赤十字創設者のスイス人アンリデュナンの功績をたたえてスイスの国旗の逆を赤十字の旗にしたためです。 The reason is because this is full of the achievement of Swiss Henri Dunant of the Red Cross founder, and it made the reverse of the Swiss national flag the flag of the Red Cross.

• 英語

1I hate the ( ) she always criticizes me. アhow イway ウmethod エstyle 2I went to Hawaii last week. That is ( ) I got suntanned. アwhy イwhat ウwhich エthat 3“Are you going somewhere during thad vacation?” “Yes, I've found a nice beach ( ) I can enjoy swimming even in February.” アhow イwhen ウwhere エwhich 4The boy ( ) used to work for our company. アyou were talking to イyou were talking ウwho you were talking エwhom you were talking 5The lady ( ) this letter of yours is addressed died last week. アwhom イto whom ウwhich エto which 6This is the new car made in America this year ( ) I spoke. アof that イof which ウthat エwhich 7The town ( ) is in Shimane Prefecture. アwhich Mori Ogai was born イin where Mori Ogai was born ウin which Mori Ogai was born エMori Ogai was born 8Social science, ( ) in 1998, is no longer taught at this college. アstudying the subject イhaving studied ウthe subject I studied エI have studied 9What everyone hates most about driving in a big city is the time ( ) to find a parking space. アit makes イthat makes ウit takes エthat takes

• 英語の翻訳ソフトで英文を作りました。アメリカ人はこの英文を理解できますか?英語が得意な方おねがいします。

英語の翻訳ソフトで英文を作りました。アメリカ人はこの英文を理解できますか?英語が得意な方おねがいします。 There is a preservation bag. It is possible to use it long. The tariff tax is made cheap. Or, the tariff tax is not collected Size about W12"×D6.5"×H9.3" The delivery method uses EMS of the post office. It takes out insurance and it sends it. Whole area arrival days. →5 Day or Ten days. It will arrive in about ten days even if it is slow. It is possible to send two commodities or more at a time. However, delivery charge money changes. Delivery charge money changes in weight. I send it from Japan. Please remit within three days after it makes a successful bid. When payment cannot be confirmed in three days after it makes a successful bid, it cancels. The discount of the commodity is impossible. The discount of the shipping expense is also impossible. It doesn't answer about these questions.

• 英語の文法チェックしてください

Especially, Australian people are more individualism than Japanese. We tend to care about what people think about. On the other hand, Australian is more likely to do whatever they want. Also, they value their own individuality. I do not know that was good for us, but I just changed my mind after knowing their thinking, and now I always do whatever I want to try as much as possible because my life can not repeat. Anyway, all of my experiences in Australia were amazing for me. The most unforgettable experience over there was learning to appreciate my parents because they always cared about me, and support me all the time. Now, my family is the most precious treasure to me. なにか文法のミスを指摘してもらえるとうれしいです