We are all in this together

このQ&Aのポイント
  • The meaning of 'this' in the phrase 'I know we are all in this together' refers to the current situation or circumstance that the speaker is referring to. It emphasizes the idea that everyone should work together towards a common goal.
  • The phrase 'and should act' in the sentence 'and should act as one single world toward one single goal' suggests that it is important for everyone to take action and behave in a unified manner in order to achieve the desired outcome.
  • The sentence 'You are deciding what kind of world we will grow up in' conveys the idea that individuals have the power to influence the future and shape the world that the next generation will live in. It emphasizes the importance of making responsible decisions that will have a lasting impact on the world.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

I'm only a child, yet I know we are

I'm only a child, yet I know we are all in this together and should act as one single world toward one single goal. 先程の質問で、意味は大体わかったのですが、この英文で「I know we are all in this together」の「this」は何を指しているのですか? プリントの問題で「and should act・・・のand と should の間には主語が省略されているがそれは何か?」という問題があるのですがわかりません。 また・・・ You are deciding what kind of world we will grow up in. の直訳に近い意味と文型を教えてください。 自分なりに・・・ 「あなたたちは私たちがどのような世界で育っていくかを決めている」 S You V are deciding O what kind of world O we will grow up in 最後の方がわかりませんでした。(OとかCのあたりが・・・) お願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Chicago243
  • ベストアンサー率38% (401/1043)
回答No.1

>「I know we are all in this together」の「this」は何を指しているのですか? これは前に文があってその何かをしてしている可能性があるのでは、、、、 独立でこの文だけという観点からかんがえると "should act as one single world toward one single goal" この辺のことを言っていると思えますが。 >プリントの問題で「and should act・・・のand と should の間には主語が省略されているがそれは何か?」という問題があるのですがわかりません。 省略せずに書くと I'm only a child, yet I know we are all in this together, and *we* should act as one single world toward one single goal. が一番妥当かと思われます。 >「あなたたちは私たちがどのような世界で育っていくかを決めている」 これで良いと思います。 >S You >V are deciding >O what kind of world >O we will grow up in これはちょっと違います。 what kind of world we will grow up inは疑問詞を用いた名詞節になっていますので、 what kind of world we will grow up inで単独の一つの"O"と見なせます。 S You V are deciding O what kind of world we will grow up in

keroro429
質問者

お礼

丁寧な回答ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

•  However , I know ....

以下のセンテンスを作りたいのですが、  手こずっています。    しかし私は、知っています。  彼らは、悪くありません。  この国の体制が、彼らの行為を作り出していること を。。  However , I know They are not badly. Their act is created by the system in this country このような文が出来たのですが、  これで通じるでしょうか?  宜しくお願いします。

• We are not close.

It is in our collective behavier that we are most mysterious.We won't construct machines like ourselves until we've understood this, and we're not close. All we know is the phenomenon. この we're not close. とはどういう意味でしょうか?教えて頂けないでしょうか?よろしくお願い致します。

• we are what we do人がモノ?コト?

Excellence is an art won by training and habituation: we do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly; "these virtues are formed in man by his doing the actions"; we are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit: "the good of man is a working of the soul in the way of excellence in a complete life; ... for as it is not one swallow or one fine day that makes a spring, so it is not one day or a short time that makes a man blessed and happy." The Story of Philosophy (Will Durant) p74,p76 - - - - we are what we repeatedly do の部分なのですが 直訳すると 「私たちは 私たちが繰り返しすること である。」 what we repeatedly do 私たちが繰り返しすること 例えば、食事や睡眠や歩いたり、 仕事や勉強など・・・ 私たちが「こと」である。 私たちが「仕事」である。 ということでしょうか? 人が物事? うまく解釈でません。 お願いします。

• このWeはIではないのでしょうか?

海外の友人からメールが届きました。 そのなかでWe miss you in the neighborhood.と書かれていたのですが、なぜWeなのかわかりません。 Iなのではないのでしょうか? その前にはJust wondering how you are.と書かれていましたが具体的にどういう意味でしょうか? 教えてください。 よろしくお願い致します。

• よろしくお願いします

I have this friend, “M”, who's a little... overdramatic, to say the least. We are both involved in the same extracurricular activities and spend a lot of time together, so it seemed natural that we should become friends. extracurricular activitiesはclub(activities)と何か違うのでしょうか?あと、shouldの役割と意味も教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

Like AAAさん said we are here to help and we can grow together.

• I'm overruled

My brother and new sister-in-law are very religious, not to mention very conservative. My boyfriend and I are agnostic and progressive. However, I was raised in a very religious household, and growing up I attended church every Sunday and wasn't allowed to miss unless I was ill. At 18, I decided organized religion was not for me and have not been inside a church since, except for a wedding or funeral. Whenever we go out as a family, my brother and sister-in-law insist on praying out loud, whether we are in public or at home. When my mother is there, I indulge the practice, but when it's just the four of us, I prefer not to and I am uncomfortable when this occurs. I have asked twice if we could all just say a private prayer to ourselves rather than have a group prayer, but I'm overruled. indulge the practiceとI'm overruledの訳し方を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• Now we are more aware of

Now we are more aware of changes that take place in other countries whether they are economic, environmental, political, religious or otherwise. This has created and fed our desire to purchase a wider variety of goods. We are more culturally aware, our eating habits are different, and we are consuming more. この3つの文がわかりません。 2つ目の文は[私たちが幅広い商品を購入したいようにする]みたいな感じの事を言ってるようだと思うのですがよく理解できてません。 その他の文についてはさっぱりです。 できれば和訳が欲しいですがヒントでも構わないので教えてください。

• Alexandros「ワタリドリ」 英語が歌えない

冒頭、終盤などに一部英語の歌詞があります。テンポが速いこともあり、英語が苦手な私はカラオケでうまく歌えません……。 単語同士をつなげて歌っていそうなことはわかるのですが……。以下の部分の読み方(つなげた歌い方)が分かる方、いらっしゃいませんか? youtube.com/watch?v=O_DLtVuiqhI >I wanna fly so high Yeah, I know my wings are dried >I wanna fly so far away with my guitar >All this time we come and we grow Now it's time that we should go But we both know that this is for sure It's not the end of the world Well, see you one day

• We are so far away. の意味について。

こちらのカテゴリでいいのか迷いましたが、質問させていただきます。 We are so far away. と、先日メールで言われました。 そのあとに、 and I am only without girlfriend for 2 months so I need some time and I want to keep talking to you and see you in Kentucky といわれました。 私はアメリカ人の男性と仲良くなりBOYFRIENDになるかならないかの状態なんですが、私はもう日本にいるので遠距離状態です。彼には2ヶ月前に元彼女と別れたようです。あと、私の父は仕事の関係でケンタッキーに住んでるので夏休みにでも会いたい!と日本に帰国するときに約束(?)しました。 英語が全くできない私は『私は遠くにいるから』って意味なのかと思い、もう関係を絶とうと言われているのかと思い、混乱状態です(笑) We are so far away.の意味がわからなくて困っています…どなたかご教授お願いします。