• ベストアンサー

ビジネスレターの訳について・・・

以下の文章の意味は 「Requestの期限はもともと12/31だったが、2/1以降になった」という解釈でいいのでしょうか? ・・・ The second request is that reorganization is going very fast . First request was December 31st. It will be only over on February 1st, due to the annual closure in the beginning of January. 文中のonlyとoverがどういう働きをしているのかわかりません・・・

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • vegan
  • ベストアンサー率47% (124/261)
回答No.2

この部分だけで解釈するのは難しいのですが、もしこの文章が、英語を母国語とする人が書いた文章だと仮定すると、次のように私は解釈します。(最初の文章が、少し変に感じたので、英語を母国語としない人が書いた可能性があると思いました。もちろん、この部分の前に何が書かれているかによっては、おかしくないと思いますが。) 1)「reorganization はかなり早いペースで進んでいます。」the second request is that との関係が、この文章だけでは分かりませんが。 2)最初の文章を無視して考えると、2番目の文章は、「最初のリクエストは、12月31日でした。」 3)この文章の over は、物事が終わる over だと思います。「年度末が1月の頭にある為、reorganization は2月の1日に終わります。」また、only は、「もっと早く終わらせる事も出来るだろうが、年度末が1月頭にある関係で、2月1日以前に終わらせる事は出来ない」的ニュアンスが感じられます。 何故、2月1日「まで」に終わると書かず、2月1日「に」終わると書かれているのかは不明なのですが、事情を知らないで読むと、何か変な感じもします。2月1日に何らかの意味があるかもしれません。 上記の解釈は、質問者さんが書かれた文章だけを元にしたものです。ですので、他の部分が分からないため、間違った解釈と言う事もあり得ます。何かあれば、補足でコメントを下さい。

cncnx827
質問者

お礼

お礼が遅くなり申し訳ありません。 ご指摘の通り、相手は英語を母国語とする方ではなく(フランス人です)??ということがよくあります・・・。 その後、プロジェクトが着々と進んでいくにしたがって後付けでこの文書の内容がわかってきたのですが、2/1はまた別の大きなプロジェクトが始まることになっており、それまでにこのプロジェクトを終了させたい、ということだったようです。 丁寧にご回答いただき、ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (1)

• tuyo-kun
  • ベストアンサー率0% (0/2)
回答No.1

おおよそcncnx827さんの解釈どおりではないでしょうか。 部分的な文章なので答えが的確か自信はないです。 only=ようやく、over=もう一度/繰り返して、と捉えると、 「(~という理由で)ようやく再び2月1日となる。」という感じでしょうか。

cncnx827
質問者

お礼

たしかにonlyを「ようやく」とするとしっくりきます。 ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 開館日時の英語について

Open: 10:00 AM - 16:00 PM The Central Hall of the museum is closed 1.-5.12., 7.12.& 10.12. - The museum is closed 22nd-25th December & 1st January - Room 35-37 are closed 5th December 1.-5.12~のところがわかりません。 12月26日~29日は開いているということですよね? 教えてください!

• Twice a year, on March 21st and Sep

Twice a year, on March 21st and September 21st, the sun is vertically over the Equator. At other times it is vertically over other latitudes between the tropical zones. These lie between the Tropic of Cancer(23°27'N) and the Tropic of Capricorn(23°27'S). The sun is vertically over the Tropic of Cancer on June 21st and vertically over the Tropic of Capricorn on December 21st. 訳をお願いします。

• The performance review cycle

宜しく御願いします。 表題のThe performance review cycleとは、どのような物なのでしょうか? また、以下の文のThe performance review cycleは同じ意味なのでようか。 The performance review cycle begins in January, when employees decide on their performance targets for the year. What is the time period for performance review? The Performance Review cycle is on a calendar year, January 1 through December 31. The annual reviews are conducted between January and March for work performed in the previous calendar year.

• 英文の疑問

英文の解説をお願いします。 Attached please find an invoice for $300.00 from Mt.Auburn Hospital as well as a letter from Dr.Milton stating that the chest sonogram performed at Mt.Auburn Hospital on February 13 is a warranted annual test due to my history of gastritis and chest pain. という文でAttached please findと動詞が3つ続くのは何故でしょう。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文を日本語訳して下さい。

British attacks in January 1917, had taken place against exhausted German troops holding poor defensive positions left over from the fighting in 1916; some troops had low morale and showed an unusual willingness to surrender. The army group commander Generalfeldmarschall Crown Prince Rupprecht, advocated a withdrawal to the Siegfriedstellung on 28 January, which was initially refused but then authorised on 4 February and the first "Alberich day" was set for 9 February. The British attacks in the Actions of Miraumont from 17–18 February and anticipation of further attacks, led Rupprecht on 18 March to order a withdrawal of about 3 miles (4.8 km) on a 15-mile (24 km) front of the 1st Army to the R. I Stellung, from Essarts to Le Transloy on 22 February. The withdrawal caused some surprise to the British, despite the interception of wireless messages from 20–21 February.

• 訳と文法です。

The very diversity of the state -- as well as the rules of this particular primary, which is the first one this year open only to registered Republicans -- weighed over the campaigns as aides, meeting in Sunday-morning strategy sessions after Mr. McCain’s victory in South Carolina on Saturday, wrestled with strategic challenges posed by the politically complicated state. フロリダ州の多様性は選挙活動を通して重要視されていた。 各支援者たちはマッケイン氏勝利を知らされた後、集会し、来るべき選挙戦略面での難題と格闘した。 どこか「大きく」取り違えているでしょうか。 weighed over the campaigns as aides campaignsはsがついていますが選挙戦全般を指すと思われますが、このasはどのような働きでしょうか。

• ビジネスレターの訳

ビジネスレターの下記の部分の訳がよく解りません。 勿論ここの単語の意味は解るのですが、訳すとなると直訳すら上手くできません。 どなたか訳していただけないでしょうか? I would be justified in sending them consignments of my goods to a considerable amount for their disposal as my agent.

• 英文を日本語訳して下さい。

In December and January, casualties due to enemy action were 439, far fewer than those due to the weather and illness; the division was relieved by the 2nd Division on 12 January. The 2nd Division, also transferred from the north side of the Ancre valley, took over from the 51st Division on 13 January, on a front of 2,500 yards (2,300 m), 1,200 yards (1,100 m) south of the village of Pys. The front line consisted of 18 infantry posts and support positions held by ten platoons, with no positions behind until Courcelette, where three platoons were based, with two companies in the vicinity. Ironside Avenue, a communication trench ran forward 800 yards (730 m) towards the front line but was so full of mud as to be impassable. Brushwood tracks which were unusable in daylight, continued the route towards the front line.

• これは強調でしょうか?

Attached please find an invoice for $130 from Mt.Auburn Hospital as well as a letter from Dr. Milton stating that the chest sonogram performed at Mt. Auburn Hospital on February 13 is a warranted annual test due to my history of gastritis and chest pain. わからないのは最初のAttachedです。これは本来ならplease find an attached invoiceとなるのではないでしょうか?Attachedを強調したいがために先頭に持ってきている・・・ただそれだけですよね?

• 和訳して頂けないでしょうか?

どなたか、以下の文を和訳して頂けないでしょうか?自分で訳そうとしたのですがこんがらがってしまいました。 有給休暇時間に関する文です。 「You can only carry over 40 hrs plus the hours for Dec 27 through 30 (32 hrs) if you use Paid Time Off on those days. Which mean you carried over 72 hrs. and you lost the 66.20 hrs of PTO. January 3,4,5,and 6 will come out of your 40 hrs of carry over. I know you had 138.20 left on Dec 26th you would have had to use 98.20 hrs before the 30th of December so you would not lose any of it because you were rolling 40 hrs to 2017. Because you only used 32 hrs for the December days you lost the balance less 40 that was carried over. I hope that I did not confuse you. どなたか、よろしくお願いいたします。