• ベストアンサー
※ ChatGPTを利用し、要約された質問です(原文:訳と文法です。)

The Diversity and Challenges in Florida Politics

このQ&Aのポイント
  • The diversity of Florida's population and the unique rules of the Republican primary are significant factors that impacted the campaigns.
  • After John McCain's victory in South Carolina, campaign aides gathered to strategize and address the challenges posed by Florida's politically complicated state.
  • There seems to be a misunderstanding or misinterpretation in the phrase 'weighed over the campaigns as aides' in the context of overall election strategy.

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Hideto123
  • ベストアンサー率30% (126/420)
回答No.1

予備知識として・・、 マケイン候補が先日のサウスカロライナ州で勝利したのは、 共和党に選挙登録していない、つまり党員以外の人の票を 大量に得たためですが、 フロリダ州では、党員以外は投票できない制度であるため、 それだけ不利になる可能性があって、せっかく序盤で得た 勢いを失う可能性もある というようなことを念頭において、 weighed over the campaigns as aides 以下は・・ 挿入句を取れば、 weighed over the campaigns as aides wrestled with strategic challenges posed by the politically complicated state. 支持者たちがこの政治的に複雑な要素を持つ州によってもたらされる (選挙運動の)戦略上の困難さと取り組んでいるときに・・・ as は、~しながら、~と同時に など「時の同時性」をあらわしている と考えればいいのではないでしょうか。 ちがっていたら、申し訳ないです <(_ _)>ペコリ

iamgreen
質問者

お礼

>各支援者 これはマッケインの支援者のようですね。 >困難さと取り組んでいるとき 困難さと取り組んでいるときでさえも、常に重要視されていた。 という感じかもしれませんね。 ご回答ありがとうございました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• dateの使い方と訳です

And in a rare moment of political consensus, all of the campaigns see the Jan. 29 primary in Florida, the fourth most populous state in the nation, as the most important contest on the calendar to date. all of the campaignsは選挙戦にかかわるすべての者 ぐらいだと思いますが、 on the calendar to dateは すでに組まれている(to date)選挙日程の中で(on the calendar) dateは動詞でしょうか。 細かいですが少し気になりました。

• 至急です。訳のほうをお願いします。オバマの演説らしいのですが、訳が上手

至急です。訳のほうをお願いします。オバマの演説らしいのですが、訳が上手くいきません。ご協力お願いします。 John McCain and Hillary Clinton have echoed each other, dismissing this call for change as eloquent but empty, speeches not solutions. And yet they know, or they should know, that it's a call that did not begin with my words. It began with words that were spoken on the floors of factories in Ohio and across the deep plains of Texas, words that came from classrooms in South Carolina and living rooms in the state of Iowa, from first-time voters and lifelong cynics, from Democrats and Independents and Republicans alike.

• presentの意味です。

Mr. Edwards, the winner of the South Carolina primary in 2004, also slashed into his leading rival in the state, Mr. Obama, by portraying him as weak-willed for voting “present” -- rather than yea or nay -- on scores of bills as an Illinois state senator. このpresentとon scores of billsが何を指しているのかが分かりません。 どうぞよろしくおねがいします。

• 大意と文法です。This election is about the past versus

“I did not travel around this state over the last year and see a white South Carolina or a black South Carolina,” Mr. Obama said, speaking to a diverse crowd of supporters. “I saw South Carolina.” 「去年はこちらには来ませんでしたが、今、ここには白人の方々、黒人の方々がいらっしゃる。」 「私はこの州を外から離れて見ていたようだ。」 昨日のTVニュースで、人種間の話を聴衆の前でしているのを見ましたが、その関係でしょうか。 “This election is about the past versus the future,” Mr. Obama said at his victory rally in a stark portrayal of his political challenge. “It’s about whether we settle for the same divisions and distractions and drama that passes for politics today, or whether we reach for a politics of common sense and innovation -- a shared sacrifice and shared prosperity.” この選挙は、今日では政治が演劇、娯楽、分裂といった類のものと思われてしまっているが、そのようなもので我々は妥協できるか、というものである、あるいは、常識を持った新しい政治に手を差し伸べるかというものである。 the same ~thatにしては文法的にどうかと思うのですが、他にdivisions and distractions and drama that passes forを教えてください。

• Certificate of Existence

会社存続証明書の日本語訳を宜しくお願いします。 limited liability company duly organized under the laws of the state of South Carolina on June 24th, 2010, with a duration that is at will, has as of this date filed all reports due this office, paid all fees, taxes and penalties owed to the secretary of state, that the secretary of the state has not mailed notice to the company that it is subject to begin dissolved by administrative action pursuant to section 33-44--809 of the South Carolina Code, and that the company has not filed articles of termination as of the date hereof. 自分の英語力では難しく、英語が堪能な方宜しくお願いします

• 訳の文法的な解説をお願いします

いつもお世話になります。 今回もNHKニュースで英会話からの質問です。 よろしくお願いします。 以下英文はデトロイトデイブ・ビン市長の語った内容で"this direction"は「デトロイト市が破産を宣言すること」を指しております。 One of the things that I want to say to our citizens is that, as tough as this is, I really didn't want to go in this direction, but now that we're here, we have to make the best of it. 「デトロイト市民に申し上げたいことの一つは、このような厳しい状況において、こうした方向に行きたくはなかったのですが、もはやここに至っては、この中でどうにか頑張るしかありません」 上記英文で"as tough as this is"の部分の訳が「このような厳しい状況において」となっていますが 何故そういう訳になるか、調べる方向性が分からないため質問させて頂きました。 何か省略されているのか、そういった表現があるのか、どなたか教えてください。 よろしくお願い致します。

• 訳・文法をお願いします

When Emily was twenty years old, and had almost finished her nurse's training, her father was dying in the Walley hospital. That was when he said to her, "I don't know as I care for this career of yours. I don't want you to be working in a place like this." 「エミリーが20歳の時、そして看護の訓練(看護実習)をほぼ 終えた時、彼女の父はウォリー病院で瀕死の状態であった。あれは、 父が娘に『オレは気にかけているんだが、お前の看護士としての 経歴を知らない。オレはお前にこんなところで働いてほしくないんだ。』と言った時のことであった」 ここで分からなかったのが、Thatは私がしたような訳で単に『あれ』 と訳して良いのか?ということと、 as I care forのasは、上記のように訳しても大丈夫なのか? ということです。 何かお気づきの点がございましたら、また何なりと お願い致します。

• この文の訳(文法・構造)を教えてください。

次の文の訳はどうやって訳をするか教えて下さい。 The designer knew that as good a place as any to start in refurbishing the image was a complete revamping of this important room. だいたい意味はわかります。けれども、as good a place as anyの訳がいまいちわかりません。おそらくas~as---の構文であると思いますが。goodの意味をどう訳されますか?あとanyの後には何かが省略されているのでしょうか。前文がないのでわかりにくいと思いますが、すみませんが教えて下さい。

• 日本語訳をお願いいたします。

The Kingdom of Lithuania was a client state of Germany created in 1918. Moldavia (Moldavian Democratic Republic) The Moldavian Democratic Republic was a client state of Germany created in 1917. Northern Caucasus (Mountainous Republic of the Northern Caucasus) The Mountainous Republic of the Northern Caucasus was associated with the Central Powers. Poland (Kingdom of Poland) The Kingdom of Poland was a client state of Germany created in 1916. This government was recognized by the emperors of Germany and Austria-Hungary in November 1916, and it adopted a constitution in 1917.

• 日本語訳お願いします。

There were increasing conflicts over diminishing resources resulting in a state of almost permanent warfare. Slavery became common and as amount of protein available fell the population turned to cannibalism. One of the main aims of warfare was to destroy the "ahu" of opposing clans. A few survived as burial places but most were abondoned. ahuは祭壇のことらしいです。