• ベストアンサー

英会話

映画の台本を見ていて 『壁の陰から狙っているローチ捜査官にダニーが気づいて、発砲する。弾は彼のすぐそばの壁に当たる。』 というシーン後 ダニーのせりふで That wasn't accident, and neither will the next one that goes in your head! Now get down here now! Come on! 「ミスったわけじゃないぞ。次は確実に頭の中にたたき込む。ここに降りて来い。早くしろ」 とういうのがあるのですが、ここでの neither の使い方が、よくわかりません。わかる方がいれば教えてください。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

映画は字数制限がありますし、直訳するより意訳する方がわかりやすいと判断することも多々あると思うので、そのせいで「Neither」も部分が和訳では消えてますね。 直訳すると、 今のは偶然じゃないからな(外したわけじゃないからな)。次、お前の頭にぶちこむのだって偶然じゃないぞ。さぁ、とっととこっちへ降りて来い!早くしろ!」 という感じになると思います。 Neitherは、前文に否定文があり、それに続けて次の文も否定するときに使います。 例えば、「She doesn't like carrots. Neither do I.」(彼女はにんじんが嫌いです。わたしも嫌いです。)というように。

dartymac
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました、理解できました。neither が否定なのはわかっていたのですが、「頭にぶち込むぞ」と肯定に考えていたのでよくわからなくなってました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (1)

• ANASTASIAK
  • ベストアンサー率19% (658/3306)
回答No.2

That wasn't accident, and neither will not be accident the next one that goes in your head! neither はneither will not be accident ですね。 直訳すると、 今のはミスったわけじゃないぞ。今度お前のどたまにお見舞いする やつもミスしないからな。 ---- ミスったわけじゃないぞ、はなかなかよい訳です。

dartymac
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。訳は自分で考えたのではなく、映画のセリフの対訳本からです。それを見て理解できないところがあったので、質問しました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• Everything But The Girl のCome On Ho

Everything But The Girl のCome On Home です。 和訳をお願いいたします! Baby come home, I miss the sound of the door Your step on the stair's not there to wake me no more And every day's like Christmas Day without you It's cold and there's nothing to do And it's mighty quiet here now that you're gone I've been behaving myself for too long 'Cause I don't like sleeping Or watching TV on my own So please come on home Baby, what's keeping you all this time You're wasting your days out there in the sunshine And who can I turn to if you believe still That England don't love you and she never will For it's mighty quiet here now that you're gone And I've been behaving myself for too long I don't like drinking or painting the town on my own So please come on home Baby come on home Please For it's mighty quiet here now that you're gone And I've been behaving myself for too long 'Cause I don't like sleeping Or watching TV on my own So please come on home

• 洋楽で、Everything But The Girl のCome O

洋楽で、Everything But The Girl のCome On Home です。 和訳をお願いいたします! Baby come home, I miss the sound of the door Your step on the stair's not there to wake me no more And every day's like Christmas Day without you It's cold and there's nothing to do And it's mighty quiet here now that you're gone I've been behaving myself for too long 'Cause I don't like sleeping Or watching TV on my own So please come on home Baby, what's keeping you all this time You're wasting your days out there in the sunshine And who can I turn to if you believe still That England don't love you and she never will For it's mighty quiet here now that you're gone And I've been behaving myself for too long I don't like drinking or painting the town on my own So please come on home Baby come on home Please For it's mighty quiet here now that you're gone And I've been behaving myself for too long 'Cause I don't like sleeping Or watching TV on my own So please come on home

• とある英歌詞の和訳をお願いしたいのですが・・・

題名は  5one on d!splayです。 Eyes go shut I dissipate Into thin air leaving no trace Distant voice Not listening Why don't you just save your breath? All of your words feel like a jail That blocks the sun and makes me stale Not enough gold in all the world So why have I surrendered To your abusive ways The cracks have opened up to the core Is there anywhere to go from here now? Sick with the lies consuming our souls ↓ココのサビでもいいので和訳お願いします! Give me one reason to take the breath we breathe for granted Hold it in so long that you forget to say Give me one reason to remain confined within the fences Here with you and my soul on display Bite my tongue Swallow the pain A bit disturbed by these displays Now we've got nothing to say The silence growing deadly So here we are drifting apart Neither willing to drop their guard Haven't we got something to say? The distance growing deadly From years and years of pain The cracks go deeper than we can see Let's take a good look at where we are now Maybe the end's the start that we need Give me one reason to take the breath we breathe for granted Hold it in so long that you forget to say Give me one reason to remain confined within the fences Here with you and my soul on display Life is too precious to waste

• Mooの意味

映画の中で使われている「Moo」という言葉にはどのような意味があるのでしょうか? ターミーネーター・サラ・コナー・クロニクルズ2の15話の中盤での話です 葬式のシーンで 女の子 That's what I think. There's some smart people around here, real smart. ジョン So you think what that somebody sabotaged the plant and killed all these people? Your father? 女の子 It wasn't an accident, john. Moo. この最後の部分のMooの意味とニュアンスや使用場所はどんなものでしょうか?

• 会話の問題です。

自信のある問題もあるのですが、どれも答えとしてありえそうで悩んだ問題もありました。 道案内や電話についての問題はまだよかったです。 【B】問題は、片方は分かるけど、イコール表現が思い出せない問題がいくつかありました。 【C】問題も自信がありません。 各問題で、訳やポイント等あれば、付けていただけると助かります。 お願いします。 【A】 1 A:May I take a look at the menu,please?   B:().   アHere you are イHere you can ウHere you have エHere you may 2 A:Many people could not solve the problem.   B:().   アI couldn´t,either イSo,could I ウI couldn´t エNeither I could 3 A:Frank drives much too fast.Someday he´ll have a terrible accident.   B:Oh,().   アI don´t hope so イI hope not ウI´m not afraid so エI´m afraid not 4 A:Emi!I haven´t seen you for ages.How are things going with you?   B:().   アQuite often,thanks イI´ve been twenty.and you? ウNot bad.And you?   エThey are going by car. 5 A:Do you need that report right away?   B:No,there´s no hurry.Take your().   アchance イpart ウrest エtime 6 A:I passed my entrance examination.   B:Did you really?()!   アTry again イGood job ウTake it easy エHow well 7 A:How about coming with us to the party?   B:().   アWith pleasure イNot really ウThat´s too bad エYes,you´re right 8 A:Excuse me,could you tell me where the post office is?   B:Sure.Just go straight two blocks.It´s on the right.You can´t()it.   アfind イmiss ウget エmake 9 A:Shall I hang up,operator?   B:No,sir.()the line please.   アHold イKeep ウSticks to エTake 10 A:May I speak to Mr.Hall,please?    B:I´m sorry,he´s not here at the moment.Can I take a()?    アmemo イmessage ウnote エrecord 11 A:Excuse me.Can you tell me the way to the station?    B:I´m sorry,but I´m not()here.     アa stranger イwell known ウfrom around エlived 12 A:Would you like to come to see a movie with me?    B:()    アI wish I could. イOf course,you can. ウWhat do you say? エI haven´t gone. 13 A:How do you like your tea?    B:().    アWith lemon,please イWith a spoon,please ウI like my tea エI don´t like it 【B】 1 Would you(d    )me a favor?  =May I(a    )you a favor? 2 (W    )don´t we go to a sushi bar this evening?  =(W    )do you say to(g    )to a sushi bar this evening? 3 (M    )your own business!  =This is(n    )of your business! 4 Give my best(r    )to your parents.  =(R    )me to your parents.  =Say(h    )to your parents. 【C】会話の並び替えです。 1 A:I hate the cold weather.   B:That sounds much better.   C:What about a warm beach in Frorida,then?   D:How about going skiing in Canada this vacation? 2 A:All right.Here´s ten.Keep the change.   B:How much do I owe you?$8,did you say.   C:No,I´m afraid.$8.40 now.The meter changed a moment ago.   D:Here we are at the Northern Airlines Terminal!

• 助動詞の問題です。

(1)それは黙っておいたほうがいいですよ。 You may ( ) ( ) leave it ( ). (2)彼女は昔よりずっとスリムだ。 She is much thinner ( ) she ( ) ( ) ( ). (3)がんばってみたが、どうしてもエンジンがかからなかった。 I tried very hard, but the engine ( ) ( ) start. (4)彼は約束を守る男だ。途中で事故にあったのかもしれない。 He is a man of ( ) ( ). He ( ) ( ) ( ) with an accident on the way. (5)私はメアリーはバスに乗り遅れたのかもしれないと思った。そうでなければ彼女はもう来ているはずだ。 ( ) occurred to me ( ) Mary ( ) ( ) ( ) the bus, ( ) she ( ) be here by now. 次の文に誤りがあれば直してください。 (6)He has to be an old man, because he was born in 1901. この問題を解いてみると、 (1)You may (as ) (well ) leave it (there ). (2)She is much thinner (than ) she (used ) (to ) (be ). (3)I tried very hard, but the engine (would ) (not ) start. (4)He is a man of (honest ) (stamp ). He (might ) (have ) (met ) with an accident on the way. (5)(It ) occurred to me (that ) Mary (might ) (have ) (missed ) the bus, (otherwise ) she (must ) be here by now. (6)have to→must 間違っているところがあったら教えていただけませんか。 できれば、間違っているところを訂正していただけると助かります。

• ★大学入試【英文法】1/2

自己採点をしたいので解答を教えてください。 宜しくお願いいたします。 同志社女子2013/1/26 21.The festival took (away/apart/granted/place) on a farm in Catskill. 22.The money he inherited from his father formed the basis (on/at/to/in) which he built a fotune. 23.As he (speaks/spoke/has been speaking/was speaking) for an hour now,I expect he'll soon be finished. 24.Unfortunately, (not a few/quite a few/few/a few) of the passengers on the bus escaped injury. 25.She stood by window and looked out at a gray cat (walked/walking/to walk/is walking) in the gray mist. 26.Both the girls had promised to email me,but (neither kept/both didn't keep/no one kept/either kept) her word. 27.He was accused (as/for/from/of) stealing a bike. 28.I enjoyed a barbecue lunch and spent the (everything/all/rest/left) of the day reading in the garden. 29.If I had been in that airplane crash,I (am not/haven't been/was not/wouldn't be) sitting here with you now. 30.Whenever she left town,she only (made/got/let/allowed) me know at the last minute.

• 英会話(会話じゃないかも)考えてください

赤ちゃんに朝起きてから話しかけるとき、 英語でがーーーーーーっとまくしたてたいです。 例えば赤ちゃんの名前がSakuraだったとき。 Morning,Sakura!のあと、質問とか天気の話とかなんでもいいのでとにかく話し続けたいので、台本を考えてもらえませんか?英語で

• 自然な会話文になるように、添削をお願いします。-3-

Cathy: Hey. There she is. Morning, Alice. Alice: Oh. Morning, Cathy. C: How did it go yesterday? Tell me. A: Well... It was not something I expected, but ended up great, I guess.〈g〉 C: What happened, exactly? Come on! A: Okay. We were meeting together at a movie theater... C: Oh? He didn't pick you up? He doesn't drive? A: Sure he does. It's just that his parents don't let him drive alone for now. C: Okay. Then? A: I got there a bit early, so waited for him... drinking some coffee... and when I saw him coming up, my brain stopped... The next moment, he was standing in front of me and saying "Hi", smiling. C: Wow! A: ... Well, I was just swept off my feet by his very cool line of "Hi" and ... I... C: Alice? A: I... spilled coffee on my clothes... C: Oh, no! You okay? Didn't get burned? A: No, it wasn't that hot any more, but... C: I know how you feel, Alice... I'd rather die, if I were you... A: Yeah, I was embarrassed and almost started to cry, actually. But, Cathy, he said to me this way, as he took his jacket off and handed it to me. "Don't you worry. You wanna come to my place to get it cleaned, okay? I know my mom's expecting you to come and would be more than happy to take care of this. And besides, I wanna spend some more time with you. Alice, is it okay to call my mom and ask her to pick us up?" ... I think I'm in love, Cathy... C: He's so sweet! No wonder you never looked better... Well, Alice... I wanna ask you something... He has any brothers? A: Oh, come on! お時間ありましたら、お願い致します。

• どうしても訳せません。教えてください!

海外の知り合いからメールが来たんですけど、うまく訳せません。助けてください!ちなみにNathanは、彼女の子供です。よろしくお願いします! Nathan is in the stage now that he asks questions a lot... Few days ago he asked me this question and until now i have not given him a good answer....(trust me roy and i have tried the Net but still can't seem to come up with 'age appropriate' answer...some sites talk about coriolis? whatever that is... So here is the question. He asked me this while he was playing with water in the bath tub. " Mommy why does it (water) go in circle (spiral) before it goes out the drain?" so if any of you have an answer PLS. let me know....much appreciated..