• ベストアンサー

こんな訳でいいでしょうか?

娘の教科書読んでみました。 解らないところを自分なりに訳してみましたが、添削していただけますか? (1)Perhaps it's the hard-nosed reporter in me. Maybe I'm an incurable romantic. But for some reason,I find myself turning to the personals section in every newspaper I read. それは、多分私の中に実直なライターの気質があるのかもしれないし、もしかしたら、どうしようもなくロマンティックなせいかもしれないけど どういうわけか気がついたら、自分が読んでいる全部の新聞のpersonals section を読むようになっていたんです。 ”But for some reason”をどういう訳かと訳していいでしょうか? (2)What this mean is that the conditions that make people with disabilities "pitiful" can be changed--and when it comes to the number of pitiful people, of course, the fewer the better. ここで言いたいのは、障害のある人たちがpitifulと感じるような状況は、変えることができるし、多くの障害者についてもできるということです。もちろんそんなことは、少ない方がいいんだけれど。 この文章は、何が”the fewer the better”なのか? ”the number of ”をどう訳していいのか?不明な点が多々あります。 適切な訳をお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • jayoosan
  • ベストアンサー率28% (929/3259)
回答No.2

>”But for some reason”をどういう訳かと訳していいでしょうか? for some reason 「どういうわけか」 よくいわれる言い回しです。 理由はあるが、理由の数も内容も明記していないので「どういうわけか」を想起させるのでしょう。 後半の文は、theのあとに比較級を並べて The sooner, the better. 早ければ早いほどよい みたいに使います。 the は多くの場合定冠詞(a an は不定監視)ですが、ここでのtheは副詞的用法になります。 the fewer the better.  少なければ少ないほどよい つまりその数が少ないに越したことはない、という感じです。 この質問をするということは、英語がパズルみたいに見えてきてないですか? つづけると、けっこういけますよ(余計なお世話ですね) 副詞的用法とかは、英会話では私も普段気にしません。 The sooner, the better こういう言い方をするんだと覚えているだけです。(カンマがあろうがなかろうが気にしない(笑)

party39
質問者

お礼

お返事ありがとうございました。 あんまり直されていないので、「あれでよかったのだなぁ。」とうれしくなってしまいました。 >英語がパズルみたいに見えてきてないですか? 全部が全部そうではありませんが、そうです。文頭から読んで頭の中で日本語にしてしまっているのでしょうね。そうできないものは、「ああでもない、こうでもない。」とこねくり回します。 でも、”for some reason 「どういうわけか」”が よくいわれる言い回しとわからないのですから、自分だけではどうしても解らない事も多々あり、こちらのサイトには、お世話になっております。

その他の回答 (1)

• YES66
  • ベストアンサー率53% (8/15)
回答No.1

1は合っている様な気がします。 for some reasonは「どういうわけか」でいいですし。 2も大丈夫の様な気がします。 the number ofは「多くの」という意味です。 多くの哀れな人々に関して言えば、当然少ないほうがいいです。 the fewer IS betterなら分かるんですけど、THE betterは分かりません、前後の文章も気になります。 参考までに。自信ないですけどw

関連するQ&A

• 訳を手伝ってください!!

As far as GW Bush, no I was not on his side at all! I didn't vote for him, and I do not agree with the war in Iraq. I also watched the Bush/Kerry compaign, but many people said the only reason Bush won was that the democrats had such a weak candidate. Now, the Republicans are the majority in most of the government offices. たびたび質問させてもらってる者です。 これはアメリカ人からのメール返事なんですけど前の手紙で私がブッシュを支持しましたか?と質問したらこんな返事が返ってきました。 解らないところを詳しくかくと but many people said the only reason Bush won was that the democrats had such a weak candidate. Now, the Republicans are the majority in most of the government offices. の文で辞書をひいて単語調べてはみたのですが、私ではわけのわからない文章になってしまいます。すみません、だれか教えて下さい!!

• 訳を手伝ってくれませんか??

To be honest, I have Todd, but I don't have too many other friends that I can talk to openly. I think having a penpal alleviates some of the concern of things you say being passed to other people, and I think it also alleviates the fear of judgement. いつもお世話になっています。アメリカ人からのメールです。 I think having a penpal alleviates some of the concern of things you say being passed to other people, and I think it also alleviates the fear of judgement. この部分をうまく訳せません<(_ _)>誰か手伝っていただけないでしょうか??being passed なんてどう訳していいか全くわかりません。お願いします。

• 訳を手伝ってくれませんか??

On the day of his funeral there was a protest 窶朶pring 3 days earlier" in Belgrade were about 2000 people sang and wag coloured ballons. I know that he was responsible for numerous of deaths, economic crisis, making all of us looking like savages , but i think that noone deserves that on the day of the funeral. Maybe it's the influence of Orthodox christianity on me, but i think that everyone should be, if not sad, then at least not happy when someone dies. It is custom that living should show some respect to the deadman. これはセルビア人からのメールなんですけどミロシェビッチ元大統領の葬儀についてかいてあります。 (1)On the day of his funeral there was a protest 窶朶pring 3 days earlier" in Belgrade were    about 2000 people sang and wag coloured     ballons.の文章で見ての通り文字化けしているんで すが訳として”彼の葬儀の当日に抗議があった。” で次が全くわかりません(>_<) (2)i think that noone deserves that on the day of  the funeral. 葬儀の時は誰であれ悲しいときなので責められないとう かんじでしょうか? (1)の質問自体もわかりにくいかもしれないんですけれど誰かわかる方いたら教えて下さい<(_ _)>

• 日本語訳お願いします。

日本語訳お願いします。 I think that a large number of people who say that muscular women are not beautiful are expressing nothing more than a stereotype.

• 英文の訳をお願いします。

(1) Are you jealous that he came one place above you in OP Best Dressed Man list? (Sam came 7th, Tom 8th) (2)now that I know about this he, I am! Saying that, he deserves that because I rock around in scruffy jogging buttons and scruffy boots most of the time. I think I scrub up okay, which is possibly while I was on that list. But Tom is always well dressed. Some people have just got it; I wish I was one of them.

• 訳がわかりません

訳が分からないので教えて頂けましたら助かります。 Another reason is that some young people now entering the workforce are unfamiliar with how to write formal correspondence, because they have never had to write a formal letter before. They have had no training in how to compose a basic business letter, and are unaware of the style and language that should, and should not, be used. 宜しくお願いいたします。

• 比較での訳について

Henrry purchased x apples and Jack purchased 10 apples fewer than one-third of the number of apples Henry purchased. という問題で答えは(x-30)/3となっています。この答えから察するに Jack purchased 10 apples fewer than one-third of the number of apples Henry purchased. は 「JackはHenrryの1/3より10個少なく購入した」 という事に解釈できます。 A purchases m fewer than n times of the number of B. は訳的には 「AはBのn倍分よりm少なく購入する」 という構図になるのでしょうか?

• 訳を見てください、すっごくわかりづらいです・・・

訳を手伝ってください。翻訳機を使わなくても英語がわかるかたおしえてください。 女の子のお友達からのメールなんですが、わかりづらいです。ちなみにAAAとはネイティブの男性です i was talking wiith AAA thinking that he were one of my friends(i was thinking maybe my friend is hide in this contact but not was..) i think i made a big mistake i was really ungry so i said many stupid things and all of that things are lie, then he said maybe if you said to my friend everything are better, i thought well if you want to stay playing also i wll so i sent a message to my friend telling that stupid things for that reason i was really needing the true who is AAA, 私はAAAと話していた、彼は私の友達の1人だ。(私はたぶん私の友達は、、、、、) 私は大きな間違えをしたと思う。私あhすごく怒ってたくさん悪いこと言ったすべて嘘だけど。そのときh彼はたぶん、もしあなたが私の友達にすべて言うのはいい。。。。。。わかりませんおしえてください

• 不可解な訳

Many people dislike the notion of babies "managing " adults,fearing that they will become spoiled. But it is only by being allowed, even helped,to find reliable ways of controlling some aspects of adult behavior that a baby can build vital competence and confidence in her own powers of communication. この訳なのですが、 「多くの人々は赤ん坊が大人をあやつる意図を好まない。しかし、コミュニケーションするための自分自身の力の中で、生命力や自信を構築できるような大人の行動のいくつかの面をコントロールできる確実な方法を見つけるためにはそれも可能だし、助けにさえなってもらえる。」 どうも、いまいち、筆者の言いたいことが分からないのです。ご教示下さいませんでしょうか。いつもありがとうございます。

• 英訳お願いします💦怖くて死にそうです。

The reason is that I am having difficulties getting over my ex girlfriend. We seperated many months ago but for some reason it's been very painfull for me the last few weeks. Again, i am sorry and I hope I will feel better about it soon and can forget her.