• ベストアンサー

mutually exclusiveとは?

船のカテゴリーの説明で下記のような英語表記がありました。私の国語力の問題かもしれませんが、ここで最後に出てきている「mutually exclusive」の意味を教えてください。辞書では「相互排他的」とありましたがよくわからなかったのでよろしくお願いします。 The cruiser group is subdivided into four segments: Contemporary Destination Luxury Premium Segments are not mutually exclusive.

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • potechu
  • ベストアンサー率42% (45/107)
回答No.1

クルーザーのグループには下位区分があり、次の4つである。 ・ ・ ・ ・ 各区分は相互排他的でない。 と言う場合、「これらの1つに分類されるからと言って、同時に他の分類に入らないわけではない。」という意味になりますね。その4つの内容がわからないので、具体例をあげることはできませんが、例えばContemporaryかつ、Luxuryと分類されるクルーザーもある、というふうに理解できます。

marikopoppins
質問者

お礼

早々の回答ありがとうございました。 理解できました。

関連するQ&A

• 「デートしてるけどexclusiveではない」って??

英語の記事を読んでいて "They are dating, but not exclusive." という文章が出てきました。 「彼らはデートしてるけど、」とここまでは分かるんですが、exclusiveの意味が分かりません。辞書を引いてみると 「排他的な」「独占的な」「唯一の」「高級な」などが出てきますが、この場合の解釈は「本腰を入れてる(?)わけではない」みたいな感じでいいのでしょうか? 何となく彼らがどういう状態かは分かるんですが、しっくりくる日本語訳が思いつきません。 要するにあんまり本気でデートしてるわけじゃないよ、ってことですよね。(…違う?(^_^;))「本気でデート」っていう状態も何だか変な感じがしてしまうんですが… 宿題じゃないので別にいいのですが(笑)、上手い日本語訳がありましたら、よろしくお願いします。 それと、マナー違反でしたら削除をお願いします。

• 構文分析よろしくお願い致しますm(_ _)m

The best way to read fiction is to mix one's reading, neither to favour the present at the expense of the past nor to favour the past at the expense of the present. And do not think that if this policy is pursued, contemporary work will appear thin and trivial beside the great work of the past. It is not necessarily so at all. As a professional reader I have to try to keep abreast with contemporary fiction while constantly widening and deepening my knowl- edge of the fiction of earlier times. I am continually turn- ing from the most vital work of our time to the classic novels, and I find no opposition between them; they are not mutually exclusive. -WALTER ALLEN, Reading a Novel 構文分析よろしくお願い致しますm(_ _)m できるだけ丁寧に解説して頂けると嬉しいです😭

• exclusive

That being said, you absolutely should be using condoms every single time you have a hookup. This is how you protect yourself from STDs. Even during oral sex. I know that sounds like a drag, but you can catch a multitude of STIs during oral. If you’re hooking up with someone, dating, and want them to be your boyfriend or if he wants to stop using condoms, you can ask him to get tested and be exclusive. ここでのexclusiveはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• exclusive

I’m in my late 40s, divorced, and have recently tried online dating. Overall, it’s been great. I’ve met some terrific men and have been seeing a couple of them regularly. I’m upfront about not wanting to be exclusive at this time, and they’re fine with keeping things light and casual, so that’s all good. not wanting to be exclusiveとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• Exclusive Version って?なに

CDの曲バージョンに「Exclusive Version」と あったのですが…。 いったい何のことなのかさっぱり分かりません。 おしえてくださいーい!

• エクスクルーシブ契約?

エクスクルーシブ契約とは、意味を教えて頂けますか?

• exclusiveの訳

Much of Japanese cool is about being underground or part of something exclusive.という文で、exclusiveの意味はどう訳すのがいいのでしょうか。「専門的な」というよりは「排他的な」というような意味にとっていいのでしょうか。

• 英語の文章の意味が分かりません。

和訳できる方、協力をお願い致します。 この英語文の「range」は「並べる」と訳せば良いのでしょうか? それとも「~の一員になる」と訳すのでしょうか? 辞書を引いたのですが、どう訳せば良いか分かりません。 この文の全体の意味も良く分かりません。 和訳できる方、教えて下さい。 よろしくお願い致します。 Premium fabrics are used thoughout the range, luxury wool flannels, Egyptian cotton shirting in exclusive jacquard design, Italian printed nylons, Cashmere, silk blends and Merino. Fabrics are a mix of melange, printed and dyed options. An important element of the collection is the use of lambskin shearling on the collars as well as the karakul hat, a nod to the Eastern theme and one of the starting points of inspiration the season. The exclusive prints of the season were gathered from the early section of the Liberty archive. The new ''Marble'' print for example is a link to East Asian marbelling technique, started around 10th century, it was a popular handicraft in Great Britain in the 19th century. Colours in the collecton range from melange greys and navy, paired with neutrals such as sage, beige and khaki greens, Hifhlight include reds and bright blues.

• この英文は日本語で何と書いてあるのでしょうか?

この文の全体の意味が良く分かりません。 和訳できる方、教えて下さい。 よろしくお願い致します。 グーグル翻訳やエキサイト翻訳、辞書を使ってみたのですが、この文章の明確な意味が分かりませんでした。 英語の分かる方、申し訳ないのですが教えて頂きたいです。 Premium fabrics are used thoughout the range, luxury wool flannels, Egyptian cotton shirting in exclusive jacquard design, Italian printed nylons, Cashmere, silk blends and Merino. Fabrics are a mix of melange, printed and dyed options. An important element of the collection is the use of lambskin shearling on the collars as well as the karakul hat, a nod to the Eastern theme and one of the starting points of inspiration the season. The exclusive prints of the season were gathered from the early section of the Liberty archive. The new ''Marble'' print for example is a link to East Asian marbelling technique, started around 10th century, it was a popular handicraft in Great Britain in the 19th century. Colours in the collecton range from melange greys and navy, paired with neutrals such as sage, beige and khaki greens, Hifhlight include reds and bright blues

• The Times  Exclusive Level

ダウンロードしたんですが、ゲームをやろうとすると 「Faild to set up directX」という文字が出て プレイできません。 「DirectX 8.0」を再インストールして、 日本語パッチをインストールしたのになぜでしょうか?