• 締切済み

way he looked being

The way he looked being enough to affect her feelings made her wonder if maybe it wasn't true love after all. このbeingはThe way he lookedを修飾している様に見えるのですが、 どういった役割を持つbeingでしょうか?

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

みんなの回答

回答No.3

こんばんは、主様。 ■ どういった役割を持つbeingでしょうか? ⇒ 譲歩を表す分詞構文です。以下詳細です: The way he looked being enough to affect her feelings made her wonder if maybe it wasn't true love after all. 2つの文に分解してみます: 1)【The way he looked】 is enough to affect her feelings 2)【The way he looked】 made her wonder if maybe it wasn't true love after all. 共通した主語である【】部をまるめて1つの文にするのが分詞構文の特徴で、isがbeingになったのもそのためです。 ややこしくする原因の一つに【】部が、いわゆる無生物主語で和訳がなじみにくい事もあります。 【彼の見え方は(彼がどのように見えるか、の意味)】が分かりにくいのではないでしょうか? 全体を意訳しますと: 彼の立ち振る舞いによって、彼女はすっかり好意を寄せたのだけれども、結局はその立ち振る舞いによって、真実の愛ではないとの疑念を抱かせた。

• mt_mh
  • ベストアンサー率24% (273/1108)
回答No.2

一般人ですが回答させていただきます。 ご質問文は下の文から in which を省略したものと考えると分かりやすいと思います。 The way (in which) he looked being enough to affect her feelings made her wonder if maybe it wasn't true love after all. つまり、 主語 he 動詞 looked 補語 being enough to affect her feelings となります。 --- the way in which 主語 動詞 ~ = the way 主語 動詞 ~ については、例えば、このような説明があります。 You could say "The way you open the door is push" or you could say "The way in wich you open the door is push" They both work but the way is more natural. https://hinative.com/ja/questions/851537 The way in which ~ の例文はインターネットに幾らでもあります。例えば: The way in which big business pay small suppliers has been scrutinised by the. @SB_Commissioner. --- 主語 + 動詞 + being enough to ~ の例もあげておきます。 ● The softcover 7"x10" size is being enough to give you plenty of writing room without adding too much weight to your bag. ● The Portuguese is being enough to overcome all the obstacles that are being presented to Manchester United in this Champions League. ● I think the market is being enough to accommodate a conference center as well as a convention center. --- 歌をお楽しみください^^ This is the way we wash our face, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoJjUHBNufY 以上、私の勘違いで間違っていたらごめんなさい。

• Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9724/12096)
回答No.1

以下のとおりお答えします。 >The way he looked being enough to affect her feelings made her wonder if maybe it wasn't true love after all. >このbeingはThe way he lookedを修飾している様に見えるのですが、 どういった役割を持つbeingでしょうか? ⇒お書きのように、beingはThe way he lookedを修飾しているとみなすこともできるかもしれませんが、このbeing enough to affect her feelingsの部分は《「譲歩」を表す現在分詞構文である》と見るのが最も妥当と言えるでしょう。「(彼の姿は)彼女の気持ちを揺さぶるのに十分だったけれども」といったニュアンスになります。 この解釈でいいとすれば、全文訳はこんな感じになります。 「(人から見える)彼の姿は彼女の気持ちを揺さぶるのに十分だったけれども、それは真実の愛ではないのかもしれない、と彼女は思った(思わされた)。」

eieio257
質問者

お礼

いつも丁寧な解説ありがとうございます。 お陰様でいつも助かっています。 本当にありがとうございました☺

関連するQ&A

• the way someone looks

If the way someone looks changing is enough to affect the way you feel, then you are the worst. この英文の文構造、修飾関係、和訳が分かりません・・・ 教えて頂けたらありがたいです。

• 英文の解釈をお願いします

Maybe he's not that bad. Or maybe he's a good enough liar to fool her. 「彼はそんなに悪い人間じゃないかもしれない。」 その後の文章がよく分かりません。 He's a good の後に続くのが、Liar とか fool とか、 単語だけで見ると「良い」とは思えない語が続きます。 「そうでなければ、ものすごくひどい人」というような意味になるのでしょうか?

• paying his way

Two years after my mom made that decision, my dad successfully applied to be transferred to a prison closer to us. I would love to say that he did it because he really wanted to reconnect with his daughter, but the truth is that he wanted to be closer to his mother. She was paying his way in prison. paying his wayとはどういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 分詞構文の意味上の動詞の省略

(1)There are nine planets ,the earth being one of them. (2)She looked at him,her eyes wide open. なぜ(2)の分詞構文のeyesの後のbeing(was)は省略されているのでしょうか?openが形容詞で後置修飾が可能だからでしょうか?

• 分詞でわからなかった問題

1次の英文を分詞構文に書き換えるとき、 ( )に適語を答えなさい。 1.The opera started at nine and ended after midnight. The opera started at nine,( ) after midnight. 2.If we judge from his appearance,he must be a priest. ( ) from his appearance,he must be a priest. 2次の英文を日本語にしなさい。 She looked at him with her heart beating fast. よろしくお願いします><

• 英語の空欄補充問題です

John's mother wanted to go shopping,so she asked him() his little brother while she was out. 1 if he looked after 2 he would look after 3 looking after 4 to look after I like his new house,but I hadn't expected it ()so small 1 be 2 of being 3 to be 4 to being どうしても分かりません 回答お願いします!

• 翻訳お願いします

The inspector had smiled after he had finished , and patted her head.

• 英語の文法

よろしくお願いいたします。 The kitten is very sick and it needs a lot of ( ) after. 正解はlookingです。でも意味的には「世話される必要がある」のですから,being looked でもいいのかなと思うのですが,なぜこれは間違いなのですか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• *** 英語 *** 態の変換問題

Voice(態)を変えよ。という古めの練習問題ですが、添削確認ください。 1. We sent the servant for the doctor. -> The servant was send for the doctor. 2 .The cake has been eaten by the dogs. -> The dogs have eaten the cake. 3. She told me very intresting story. -> I was told very intresting story by her. -> Very intresting story were told me by her. 4. The discovery of electric waves made radio possible. -> Radio was made possible by the discovery of electric waves. 5. They were carrying out the chairs into the garden. -> The chairs was being carried out by them into the garden. 6. You should not have planted those tree there. -> Those tree should not have been planted there. 7. We had to take great care of them. (Great care ...) -> Great care had to be taken of them. 8. You cannnot rely upon him. -> He cannnot be relied upon. 9. People looked up to him as the father or the country. -> He was looked up to by the people as father of the country. 10. The police lost sight of the criminal. (The criminal ...) -> The criminal was lost sight of by the police. 11. I felt something move in the darkness. -> Something was felt move in the darkness. 12. They were made to read certain books by their teacher. -> Their teacher made them read a certain books. 13.Did you ever see him smile? -> Was he ever seen smile? 14. Who will took after the children? -> By whom will the children be looked after? 15. What is that bird called in English? -> What do you call that bird in English?

• 間違っているらしいのですがよく分かりません

(1)彼は難なく彼女の家を見つけた。He ( )( )( )( ) her house. という( )に適語を入れる問題で、 He found with out any problems her house. が間違いになっていましたが、何がいけないのかよく分かりません。 He found her house with out any problems. なら文章的にはOKでしょうか? なぜOKだと思うのかは自分でもわかっていませんが…。 (ちなみに正解はHe had no trouble finding her house.となっています。) (2)その女の子は私を見上げてほほえんだ。 という単語の問題の並び替えで、正解が The girl looked up at me and smiled. となっていましたが The girl lookd up and smiled at me. ではいけない理由もよく分かりません。