• 締切済み

日本語の駄洒落を英語で説明して

I heard the Japanese phrase "A futon has been blown off" is a joke. Tell me why this phrase is a joke. Answer in English and alphabets, don't use Japanese characters.

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数0

みんなの回答

• ベストアンサー率29% (370/1252)
回答No.3

That phrase is using rhyme in Japanese language, so nothing interesting or funny in English. Dare to say blown off is Fittonda in Japanese then futon and futtond are the rhyme.

• Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9728/12101)
回答No.2

>I heard the Japanese phrase "A futon has been blown off" is a joke. Tell me why this phrase is a joke. Answer in English and alphabets, don't use Japanese characters. ⇒The answer is as follows. The Japanese words "Futon" and "futton-da" (futton-da) in "Futon ga futton-da." (= A set of bedclothes has been blown off.), are used as a so-called hangover. However, it is more appropriate to say "pun" rather than "joke". *By the way, you always close our answers without responding to them. If you don't like the answer, please comment on it. If you agree with it, at least say "thank you" before closing it.

回答No.1

That's not a joke, but a pun. So the important thing is whether the similarity in pronunciation gets a laugh. If I had to explain it in terms of similar pronunciation, I would say "A brown blanket was blown away." 'cause Japanese tend to confuse the pronunciation of L and R. So, another Japanese pun in English says.... "Japanese staple food is lice!"....Off course, the correct pronunciation is "rice"

関連するQ&A

• 日本語の回文を英語で説明して

Japanese word "shimbunshi" is a palindrome, but why? Answer in English and Alphabets, don't use hiragana or katakana.

• 「レ点」英語で説明して

Why is the "check mark" called "re-ten (re mark)"in Japanese? Answer in English and alphabets. I can't read or understand Japanese characters.

• 「あかいくつ」英語で説明して

What is the origin of "Akai-Kutsu" (red shoes) , one of the bus routes in Yokohama? Answer in English and alphabets.

• 英文を訳していただけないでしょうか?

以下のの英文を訳していただけないでしょうか? Please tell me if the order of the japanese characters are translated into english properly. It is meant to mean The love. よろしくお願いします。

• 英語で説明希望 日本語助詞「と」

日本語の助詞についておしえてください。 日本語のテストありますので。 I am in the middle of studying japanese for JLPT3 and I need your assistance for figure them out. Here is the 2 questions. (1)because of you I became stronger (in Japanese!) So I wrote: 毎日私は強いなります。 Someone said it meant strong like fighting. and "よろしくお願いします” to be about studying! I didn't know the kanji/words it's using. I would like to know why it is and what it is. (2)Thinking "my japanese is slowly better because of you". I wrote 私の日本語がゆっくり良いのであなたです。 Someone said 私の日本語がだんだんと良くなるのは、あなたのおかげです。is correct. But most of people said it is a little awkward and they would say they can omit と and だんだん~になる seems more natural to say. I have no idea which is correct and why it is. That's when I realized, , I need なる to make it "becomes better". I also knew "だんだん" but I didn't know why it used "と" or why と"? Why not just "だんだん良くなる?" Your assistance would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

• 英語を日本語に翻訳してくださいm(__)m

Should i say this? We could use Wechat, we can not use line. Sorry. Or iMessage Or email What do you want to use? Why do you answer something? Chinese can not use then. Sorry. imessage? Ok? Or my email is ○○○○○○@qq. Com. it is late, i am going to sleep. if you want to talk wite me. i could wait. Wechat, imessage or email. by the way, Wechat can translate. この人は何が言いたくてなんといっているんですか? 日本語に翻訳してくださいm(__)m 後、(iMessage)(Wechat)と言う言葉、 (@qq)と言うアドレスがなんのアドレスなのかもわかりません。 教えてくださいm(__)m

• 英語を日本語に訳して下さい。

以下の内容を訳して頂けますか。 I am waiting for the authority here to issue us the export permit so we can send you a copy please be a bite patient why we puch the authority here to issue us the export permit hope you understand us as my English is not too good yes we have contact our authority but the cites is not yet ready once it is ready I will mail a copy to you so that you can apply for your import permit hope you understand my write up as my English is not too good 以上です。宜しくお願いします。

• 英語の訳をお願いします。「〇〇~」について。

「いついつ~」、例えば「来月からレッスンを始める」というような文章を巡って、以下のコメントが届いたのですが、文意がよく理解できません。 日本語に訳していただけますでしょうか。 "から" can only be translated "from" when there is also a "まで" phrase present. Otherwise, you need to use some form of "start" or "begin." Japanese is much more logical than English concerning this (as is often the case). Also, you cannot use both "begin to" and "starting"-- one or the other is fine, but in English saying both is redundant and awkward sounding. よろしくお願いいたします。

• the use of the article 'a'

To understand the use of the article ‘a’ is especially difficult for me. I wonder why you should put ‘a’ in the phrase of “in a hurry” but not in the case of “in trouble”. Will someone tell me the difference of these two phrases?

• 英語の勉強でわからないところがあります><!!

高校英語でわからない問題がありました。 教えてください><!!! (1)「Tell me why you were late for school yesterday.」                         ~~~~~~~ ↑なぜ「a」や「the」がつかないのですか??? (2)あと、「Don't leave the door open.」 ↑どれが主語でなぜ5文型になるのかがわかりません! (3)それと、「It is getting warmer day by day.」                    ~~                   ↑なぜ「er」がつくのかがわかりません! 全部じゃなくてもいいです!!時間がある方、教えてください><!!