• ベストアンサー

stand-in sonはどういう意味ですか?

トルコの話を読んでいます。大富豪のひとり娘が、家族として一緒に住んでいる男性が悪事の果てにしんだとき、 父に向かって言います。 Are you going to cry for your stand-in son? このstand-in sonはどのような意味になりますか? よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

Are you going to cry for your stand-in son? このstand-in sonはどのような意味になりますか?  普通 stand-in は、映画などで危ない演技などの場合、「代役」にさせて大事な俳優や女優を危険に晒さない場合などに使います。  ですから、「あなたは(本物でもないのに)代理人の息子役に涙を流すつもりか?」という意味でしょう。 このstand-in sonはどのような意味になりますか?

Ketupa
質問者

お礼

すぐに回答をありがとうございます。 死んだのは本当の息子でもない息子代わりの人間なのに泣くのか?ということでなんですね。説明をしていただいて分かりました。ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• なぜ "for"が必要でないのか?

“あなたは、お母さんに何を買うつもりですか?”という文を英文にするという問題で、答えは“What are you going to buy your mother?" となっていました。この場合“What are you going to buy for your mother?"にならない理由を教えていただきたいのですが。基本文で考えると、“I am going to buy my mother ~~~~~."だからでしょうか?“I am going to buy ~~~~~for my mother.で考えない方が良いのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします。

• want toは動詞?前置詞が優先?

Are you aiming for a working holiday in Canada? Do you want to improve your English skills before going to Canada? この英文を文法的に説明してください、そしてどの文型に当てはまるかの説明もしてください。 you are aiming for a working holiday in Canada? SVの第1文型ですか? You aim     forは前置詞だから? Do you want to improve your English skills before going to Canada? これは何文型ですか?

• Shall you~ってどういう意味ですか?

Are you going to~とどう違いますか?

• 意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。そこはオリジナル商品を作ってくれるお店です。問い合わせをしたところお返事をもらいました。すみませんが意味を教えてくれませんか?お願いします。 Thank you for contacting AAA and for your interest in using the AAA emblem! We appreciate the time you have taken to write us, we are delighted to receive your email and have the opportunity to assist you today. We apologize for the delay in responding to your email, and hope it has not caused you any inconvenience in your research. We are excited to see you are interested in using the AAA Emblem. In response to your question, unfortunately we have only been provided the phone number to the BBB Equity Management Department. As previously stated that number is 1-111-111-1111. If you speak to someone in that department, they may be able to provide you with an email directly to their department. We apologize for the inconvenience and wish you the best in your future endeavors. I hope this answers all of your questions and concerns but if not please feel free to contact your local dealership or us for further assistance. If you are not currently working with a AAA dealership in your area and you would like to locate one, an easy way to do so is by visiting http://www..com. Would a contact from a local dealership be helpful? We can have a BBB dealership contact you by email or phone regarding your purchase or lease. We will make sure that the dealership contacts you in a timely manner. Just reply to this email with your consent.

• 中学英語で質問

Good evening, Mr.Sasaski. No one was home but Mom left a message for me. It says that I have to give you this box of tissues. Actually, they are for you. You are going yo cry! この英文は,お別れのsurprise partyでの一場面です。 文中の they are for youのtheyは、this box of tissuesを受けてるんだと思うんですけど、 そこで、this box of tissuesは、単数であるから they are for youは、 this is for youになるんじゃないの?・・・・・何か勘違いしてるのかな? すみませんが教えて下さい。

• この英文の意味を教えて

以下は、"The Mark Zuckerberg Story"という本からの引用です。 Wile he was still at high school, Mark went to a nearby university to take a programming course. The class was for graduate students. Edward took Mark into the classroom on the first day of the course. "You can't bring your son into the classroom with you," the teacher complained. "I'm not," replied Edward. "It's my son who's taking the class!" (EdwardはMarkの父です) わからないのは2箇所。 1)The class was for graduate students. のclassはcourseと同じ意味なのか。また、そうならばなぜclassをつかっているのか。 2)"You can't bring your son into the classroom with you,"は「息子を連れてきてはいけませんよ。」という意味に解釈しているのですが、その返答の"I'm not"の意味が分かりません。会話がつながってないように感じてしまいます。 どなたか解説お願いします。

• 「昼食はどうしてるの?」の訳

一緒に昼食を食べに言ったことが無い人(会社の同僚、友達等)に昼食はどこに食べに言っているの?1人で行っているの?という意味で「「昼食はどうしてるの?」と英語で聞きたいのですがどのように言えばよいでしょうか? How is your lunch?と言えますでしょうか? (How is ~の文章がこれにふさわしいか?ということとyour lunch「あなたのluch」と言ってよいか?) もしくは、who are you going with for lunchとか、where are you going for lunchとか誰、何処にと聞くしかないのでしょうか?

• これはどういう意味ですか?断りたいのですが

ヤフオクの質問なのですが、これはどういう意味ですか? ロボットのような定型文ですが 断りたいのですが Hello, Am Mr.david ben from Canada, my son just travelled to in West Africa (Nigeria) and i will like to buy your item, and i will be paying you 4000USD for 2 UNIT of your items + shipment via EMS SPEED POST to my son in Nigeria And i will like to Know How many of this items you have for sell Payment will be made through Bank To Bank Transfer (Direct transfer to your bank account) and also if you have any other items for sell, So kindly email me back to this email below: davidben505050@yahoo.com so i look forward to your reply back soon Thanks.

• 解けないです><

こんばんは。 〔問題〕あなたは宿題を終えた後何をしようとしていますか? What are you going to do _ _ your homework? なにが入るでしょうか

• 英文の意味を教えて頂きたいです。

簡単な文だと思いますが・・・ よろしくお願いします。 do you know english? shall we do practice english?practice is very important for me. I am waiting answer. good bye:-)) but I don't know english very well For example,are you going to correct to mistake?