What Does 'Doesn't Look Himself' Mean? Understanding the Behavior of Men

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Understanding the behavior of men and the meaning behind 'doesn't look himself'
  • 'Doesn't look himself' refers to a behavior exhibited by some men
  • Exploring the reasons behind men not taking responsibility for their actions
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

よろしくお願いします

A few times every week, I’ll see that my 34-year-old husband has dripped a bit in front of the toilet. It’s usually two-to-four large drops with maybe some splashy droplets around. He claims that this is just something that men do and will clean it if I point it out, but doesn’t look himself. doesn’t look himselfはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.2

"doesn’t look himself" 「彼自身は見ない(見ようとしない)」だと思います。 He claims that this is just something that men do and will clean it if I point it out, but doesn’t look himself. 彼は、男にとってこういうこと(小便を飛び散らすこと)は普通のことだと主張します。そして私が指摘してこそきれいにしますが、彼にまかせておくと彼は素知らぬ顔です。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (3)

回答No.4

すいません、他の方の回答が見れるまでタイムラグがあるようで、同じ回答が重なっちゃいましたね。 

回答No.3

(尿しぶき)を彼自身で見ようとしない。 He claims that this is just something that men do and will clean it if I point it out, but doesn’t look himself. 彼は、男なんだからしょうがないよ、見つけた時は言ってくれたら自分で掃除するからとはいいつつも自分で尿しぶきの有無をチェックしない。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

doesn’t look himselfはどのような意味でしょうか?  (彼は、「これは男性はみんなやることだ、もし君が気づいたら((自分は)綺麗にする)」というが)彼自身が見つけ出そうとはしない、  いいかえれば、誰か他人が探し当てた場合には掃除するが、自分自身では探そうとしない、という意味でしょう。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 英文解説お願いします。

大学受験の参考書の一文です。 It doesn't look right now I write it down. 訳:いざ書いてみると、しっくりこないように思われる。 英文と訳が乖離していてよくわかりません。 おそらく意訳なんでしょう。 文章全体の流れとしては、書くことによって自分のいいたいことがわかることがある、という感じです。 以下、私が思っていること。 "It doesn't look right now"と" I write it down"の間にthatが入るような気がします。 接続詞でしょうか?

• 英語和訳

旺文社 「表現のための実践ロイヤル文法」に以下の例文とその和訳があります。 ここで、”Maybe it was something that I said.”が「何か言ってはいけないことを言ったのかもしれない」と訳されています。 ...言ってはいけないこと... という意味が英文から汲み取れないのですが、どのように考えたらよいのでしょうか? ———————————————————————————————————– “I haven’t done anything wrong,” he assured himself, but then, recalling the telephone call, he worriedly thought, “Maybe it was something that I said.” 「僕は何も悪いことをしていない」と彼は自分に言い聞かせたのだが、あの電話を思い出すと、「何か言ってはいけないことを言ったのかもしれない」と心配した。

• ・英文の翻訳をよろしくお願いします!

but would warn you that i have used this before and i have found that it doesn't get there any quicker . maybe a day or two sooner than normal mail i send . . but if the other takes 2 weeks or more and this only gets there around that time, its not worth the money in my opinion.

• That or It?

昨日英会話で以下のような会話をしました。 フィットネスクラブについての話です。 私:I usually run on a treadmill. 先生:You told me that last time. You run on the machine listening music? 私:No It's not me. I haven't told you. Maybe another student. (自分はランニングマシーンで走ってる時に音楽は聴かないので、先生が言ってるのは別の生徒の事じゃないか?という流れです。) 最後のところで "It's not me" って言ったんですけど、ItかThatかどちらが適切なのかわかりませんでした。 "It's not me" か"That's not me" どちらがよいのでしょうか? また、Maybe another student.のところでMaybeの後にthat'sかit'sを入れるとしたら、どちらが適切なのでしょうか? Maybe that's another student. or Maybe it's another student.

• 翻訳お願いします

Mike: Wait a minute , if my memory is correct , your wife used to wear a fur coat. Friend: I don't remember. Mike: Of course you do. It was large , like a tent. Friend: OK , you're right , she used to. But she doesn't any more. Mike: Has she , too , become an animal rights supporter? Friend: No, she stopped wearing it because I said that the last time I saw anything that looked like her in that coat , it was sniffing around a lamppost. So now she only wears it when she clears snow in front of the house. So I'm off the hook. Mike: But the worm isn't. Barbaric worm killer! Friend: Heartless meat eater!

• よろしくお願いします

I found myself extremely upset after reading a friend’s Facebook post recently, in which he admitted to taking a belt to his 2-year-old daughter in the hopes that it’ll teach her to sleep through the night. I find this behavior completely abhorrent. At 2 years old, a child barely knows right from wrong, and if you admit to striking your daughter with an object once, who says you won’t do it again? I’ve since deleted this friend from my Facebook and told my husband (who is also his friend) that I’m refusing to socialize with him. I have two dilemmas now as a result: The first is that my mom is urging me to report him to his local authorities for child abuse. How do I even do this, and am I obligated to? My husband doesn’t want me to because he doesn’t think the authorities will do anything about it, and this guy thinks that what he did was completely acceptable. (He and my husband talked and had to agree to disagree—he told my husband he used a cloth belt and not a leather one, and that’s why it’s OK.) My second dilemma is that this guy is the best friend of my husband’s best friend, and when gatherings are planned, this guy is always invited. I worry that if I’m forced into a social situation with this man, I’m going to tell him exactly what I think, and it won’t be pretty. I also don’t want to make it awkward for my husband and his other friend, and I don’t want to be a witch about things, but this is an absolute zero tolerance for me. it won’t be prettyとwitchはどう訳したら良いでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 翻訳お願いします

OK Well you should have told me you bought that driver because I have already mailed as I didn't know that was you, and by the way would you mind please giving me your shipping address as it should look on the front of the package, I could not figure it out by the way it is on paypal it just looks funny there to me but then I don't live in Japan so I don't know how you guys do it so please show me exactly how it should look on the front of the package, Thanks.

• might(not), must, or can't  の使い方

質問は....Rewrite the sentences. Use might(not), must, or can't. (例)I'm sure she speaks Chinese. (答え)She must speak Chinese. 1. Maybe Paolo comes from Italy. →Paolo might come from Italy 2. I'm sure they don't go to school her.  →They can't go to school here. 3. I'm sure this dish has cheese in it.  →It must eat cheese in this dish. 4. Maybe the instructions are not clear. →The instructions were not. It might not be clear. 5. I'm sure Laura doesn't drive to work. She doesn't have a car. →Laura can't drive to work because she has not a cars. 6. I'm sure it isn't an elephant. It doesn't have a trunk. →It must an elephant because It has a trunk. might(not), must, or can't を使って文を作るのですが、→以下の文を考えたのですが、自信がありません。添削をお願いします。

• 英語の理屈

英語の理屈 1doubt that~~~ 2It doesn,t follow that節 3It doesn,t matter to A wh-節 4quite a few 5not a few 1doubt that~~とsuspect thatの違いがわかりません。参考書には~思うの~思わない違いである。 と書いてありました。 しかし、わかりせん。どういう違いがあるんでしょうか?? 2followは「~ということになる」という意味を持つらしいです。そうするとitは形式主語なので、直訳すると~というとことはということにならないとなり、おかしい気がします。どういう理屈で作られたのでしょうか?? 3itはwh節も取ることができるんでしょうか?? 4「かなりの数の」となる理屈を教えて下さい 5このnotはどういう意味で使っているんですか?? かなりの数の~となる理屈を教えて下さい。 初歩的な質問ですいません。

• 訳をお願いします

和訳を教えてください。 Usually I make it out to the worst possible thing so that I am pleasantly surprised when it isn't. 最悪のことを考えているからそうじゃないと驚く?みたいな意味でしょうか・・・