言ってはいけないことを言ったのかもしれない

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 英語和訳「表現のための実践ロイヤル文法」には、「Maybe it was something that I said.」という例文があります。
  • この文は「何か言ってはいけないことを言ったのかもしれない」という意味です。
  • 質問者は、この表現からどのように考えればいいかを尋ねています。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英語和訳

旺文社 「表現のための実践ロイヤル文法」に以下の例文とその和訳があります。 ここで、”Maybe it was something that I said.”が「何か言ってはいけないことを言ったのかもしれない」と訳されています。 ...言ってはいけないこと... という意味が英文から汲み取れないのですが、どのように考えたらよいのでしょうか? ———————————————————————————————————– “I haven’t done anything wrong,” he assured himself, but then, recalling the telephone call, he worriedly thought, “Maybe it was something that I said.” 「僕は何も悪いことをしていない」と彼は自分に言い聞かせたのだが、あの電話を思い出すと、「何か言ってはいけないことを言ったのかもしれない」と心配した。

noname#249546
noname#249546
  • 英語
  • 回答数5
  • ありがとう数10

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9728/12102)
回答No.4

以下のとおりお答えします。 >...言ってはいけないこと... という意味が英文から汲み取れないのですが、どのように考えたらよいのでしょうか? ⇒まず、Maybe it was something that I said.に含まれる語句から考えてみましょう。 *Maybe:「たぶん、おそらく」。これが、模範訳文の「かもしれない」に対応された部分でしょう。 *it was something:「それは何かであった」。itは形式主語で、that以下が真主語です。ここのsomething「何か」が問題になるところですね。いろいろなニュアンスの対訳があり得ますが、あとでまとめて考えてみることにします。 *that I said:「私が言ったこと」。thatは接続詞で、「~こと」の部分に当たります。 ということで、Maybe it was something that I said.を直訳すると、「たぶん私の言ったことが何かだったのだ」となります。そして、このsomething「何か」の内容は漠然としていますが、状況に応じて例えば「素晴らしいこと、面白いこと、変なこと、まずいこと…」などを表します。つまり、訳文としては、「たぶん私が言ったことが何か素晴らしいこと、面白いこと、変なこと、まずいこと…だったのだ」となる可能性がある、ということです。 このうちのどれを取るかは前後の流れによって決まります。その前後がないのでよく分かりませんが、この場合は「心配した」というような語句があることからも、何か都合のよくない状況の中での発言と推測できます。そうであれば、訳としては、「たぶん私の言ったことが何かまずいことだったのだ」→「たぶん私は何かまずいことを言ったのだ」→「私が何かまずいこと/言ってはいけないことを言ったのかもしれない」というような、「訳の変種」につながる可能性があることは分かっていただけるのではないかと思いますが、いかがでしょうか。

noname#249546
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

その他の回答 (4)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.5

”Maybe it was something that I said.” は直訳すれば「それは、私が言った何かかも知れない」という意味です。  これは何も思い当たらないが、何か予期しなかった悪い事態が発生して(いいことが起きた時にはこんなこと言いません)言う時に使うための意訳でしょう。

noname#249546
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

• gutti009
  • ベストアンサー率33% (1/3)
回答No.3

No.2のものです。ちょっと訳が正確でなかったので、訂正しておきます。 Maybe it was "something" I saidで「もしかしてit(その状況)は自分の言ったことに"何かしら"あったのではないか」という意味になると思います。「表現のための実践ロイヤル文法」はこれを意訳しているものだと思います。

noname#249546
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

• gutti009
  • ベストアンサー率33% (1/3)
回答No.2

私見ですが、It was "something" I saidで「it(その状況)は自分の言ったことに"何かしらある"」という意味になると思います。「表現のための実践ロイヤル文法」はこれを意訳しているものだと思います。

noname#249546
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

noname#232424
noname#232424
回答No.1

Maybe anything wrong was something that I said と解するんじゃないですか。行動としては悪いことはしていないはずだ。もし悪いことをしたとすれば,あの電話の発言(失言)だろう。

noname#249546
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳が分かりません。

I was starting to worry that maybe something had happened but I also know that you are a student, too, so I also thought maybe it had something to do with that. 和訳が分かりません。 上記のI also ...の部分がいまいち訳せません。 全文は下記です。 すいませんがお願いいたします。

• 英語を教えてください。

日本文にあうように、かっこを並びかえてください。 その本は図書館のものだそうです。 (belongs/ I/ the book/ told/ to/ am) the library. 日本文になるようにかっこに適語を一語入れてください。 (1)空港まで見送りに来てくださるとは、ご親切にありがとうございます。 ( ) is very kind ( ) you to see me ( ) at the airport. (2)彼女はふさぎこんでいるようなのはどうしてだろう。 ( ) is ( ) that she looks depressed? 下の英文を、I could ... のIを強調させてください。 I could not buy the CD because I didn't have enough money 各組の英文が同じ意味になるようにかっこに適語を一語入れてください。 (1)I hear that she was on vacation at that time. →I ( ) ( ) that she ( ) on vacation at that time. (2)It goes without saying that practice is important in anything. →It is ( ) that practice ( ) be important in anything. (3)It was said that the young actor had killed himself. →I ( ) that the young actor ( ) ( ) himself. 日本文にあうように英文を作ってください。 彼らがその仕事を一日でやってしまったことは驚くべきことだ。 It is surprising ( ) the work in a day. 日本文を英文にしてください。 (1)彼が辞めたのは病気だからである。(Itから始めて、9単語使います。) (2)彼が不満を言うのも無理はない。(7単語使ってください。) (3)私たちはその計画を秘密にしておく必要がある。(It is ~thatの形で、10単語使ってください。) これを解いてみると、 (1)I am told the book belongs to the kibrary. (1)It/ of/ that (2)why/it (1)It was because I didn't have enough money that I couldn't buy the CD. (1)am told (2)hear/ had killed (3)said/ should (1)It is surprising (that they should try ) the work in a day. (1)It was because he been sick that he resigned. (2)It is unreasonable that he should complain. (3)It is necessaty that we should have known such a thing. になりました。 間違っているところがあったら教えていただけませんか。 できれば、間違っているところを訂正していただけると助かります。

• 和訳をお願いします!

和訳をお願いします! I think that he’s an incredible dreamer, incredibly naïve, he’s incredibly smart in what he wants to be smart at he’s one of those guys that knows ten thousand little things but doesn’t know much about one big thing and it was really fun, it was really fun to read and... Again there was something inspiring about it, there was something child like about it. There was something oddly brave about it and the thing that was very cool about the part to me was that he’s a simple guy and in his simplicity he doesn’t over think the world. And so he just lets the world happen to him and I think that that’s a blessing a lot of the time. ある俳優のインタビューです。 自分の役柄について聞かれ答えているのですが、どうしても意味が理解できないんです。。。 長文ですが宜しくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• 英語長文です!!

Something happened once when my friend Jack was Living in Minnesota-- something that he didn`t consider any big deal.I called Jack`s house to speak with him, and the phone was answerd by an unfamiliar voice. The radio was playing loudly in the background, and for a moment I thought I might have dialed an incorrect number. The voice on the other end said a few labored words that I could`t understand, and then stopped. The rock music from the radio continued. I stayed on the line, concerned that something was wrong. Three or four minutes passed, and finally I heard another phone being picked up in the house. I heard Jack`s voice say, ‘Hello?‘ I said hello back, and I said I`d thought that a foreigh-born person or a person who was unable to speak clearly had answerd his phone, I asked him if anything troubling was going on. `I`ll tell you in a minute,` he said, and his voice went away and soon enough I could hear it in the room where the other phone was off the hook-- the room from which I was hearing the rock music. I heard Jack say , I`ve got it,honey.` Then.`It`s all right. Thank you for answering.` He hung up that phone,and when I heard him again he could talk without her listening. `She`s such a sweettheart,` he said, and then explained. He had been out of town on business, and when he returned the girl -- the girl who had answerd the phone with such difficulty -- had moved into his house. His wife Janice was working as a schoolteacher, and at the school where she taught there were children who had severe disabilities.This girl was one of those children. She had been born with a serious problem that had affected her both physically and mentally. It was not the kind of illness that surgery or medicine could fix.

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

I paid for my purchases and was rearranging things in my purse when the little boy came up to the cashier. The cashier rang up his purchases and then said, "Congratulations, you are my hundredth customer today, and you win a prize!"With that, she handed the little boy the Pokemon game, and he could only stare in disbelief. It was, he said, exactly what he had wanted!  The little girl and her father had been standing at the doorway during all of this, and I saw the biggest, prettiest, toothless grin on that little girl that I have ever seen in my life.    As I walked back to my car in amazement over what I had just witnessed, I heard the father ask his daughter why she had done that."Daddy, didn't Grandma and Grandpa want me to buy something that would make me happy?"He said, "Of course they did, honey."the little girl replied, "Well, I just did!"

• 和訳をお願いします。

和訳をお願いします。 1.He said to me , "I have not heard anything about this news." =He told me that he had not heard anything acout that news. 2.He said to me ,"I fell asleep during the lesson today."="He told me that he had fallen asleep during the lesson that day. 3.Arnold Schwarzenegger told a Toronto newspaper that his Catholic faith does not impact his decisions as governor of California.

• 英語

He said he heard a heavy thud, like something striking the line, just before the train reached this station.But it was so foggy, he said, he was blessed if he could see what it was. 彼は言った、物凄い音を聞いたと、何かが線路を打ちつけるような、 電車がこの駅に到着する前。しかし霧がすごい、彼は言った、・・・ 最後の(he was blessed if he could see what it was)の部分訳してください。

• 英文の和訳をお願いします

映画のとあるシーンです。 普通の人とは違う特殊なものが見える人が、オカルトショップを経営しています。 その店に、変わった男が訪ねてきました。 その時のことを、経営者が思い出しながら話している、という状況です。 He came to my shop. He said he sees it too. He said I can help him stop what's coming... ... that what I saw is salvation. A salvation that some people wants to stop. He said I can help him and I should see what he sees to understand. What I saw was those he killed a long time ago and those he will kill in the future. He just looked at me, sad, and said that he knows my decision before I even say it. He gave me this mashine. He said to use it if the vision changes back.

• 高校英語 従属節

He said that he smiled because it was funny.という文についてですが、訳は「彼は、それがおかしいから笑うのだ、と言った」とあるのですが、 それはHe said that [he smiled because it was funny].という構造でとらえていると言う事ですよね? [He said that he smiled ]because it was funny. というとらえ方はないのでしょうか?文脈判断と言う事ですか? 一般化すると S+V that S'1+V'1,(接続詞)S'2+V'2のとき [S+V that S'1+V'1],(接続詞)S'2+V'2というとらえ方はあり得るのかということです。よろしくお願いします

• 和訳お願いします。

ANDREW SKURKA: “There is something about that stretch that made me feel so much more vulnerable and susceptible and exposed to the natural conditions. And I think a lot of it had to do with knowing that I was so far out there that if anything were to go wrong, help was a long way away” 10段落目 http://www.voanews.com/learningenglish/home/world/Explorer-Andrew-Skurka-Takes-Hiking-to-a-New-Level--118474734.html