• ベストアンサー
※ ChatGPTを利用し、要約された質問です(原文:concerning ways)

Concerning Ways: A Woman's Struggle to Get Rid of Her Cellphone

このQ&Aのポイント
  • A 32-year-old woman is determined to get rid of her cellphone as it consumes her life in concerning ways.
  • Despite being at peace with her choice, her husband forbids her from doing so out of concern for her safety and that of their children.
  • He fears she will end up stranded, kidnapped, and even abducted by aliens if she ventures into the world without her phone.

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

"in concerning ways" =「憂慮/懸念すべき形で」 I find it consuming my life in concerning ways. 「それ(携帯電話)は私の生活を憂慮すべき形で枯渇していっている」 "submit" =「さらす(提出するという意味から)」 submitting our children to the same fate when they are with me. 「私が子供たちと一緒にいる時、彼らを私と同じ境遇にさらしている」

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 下記の英文を教えて下さい

I am out of the country at the moment and it is my colleague you are speaking to. I am back on Friday and will make sure that the labels MADE IN USA will go on all of the bags and purses. Please bare with me till this Friday.

• set the intention

I know where I need to be and what I need to be doing at (almost) all times. Including relaxing, exercising, reading, and hanging with my kids. That doesn’t always mean I do it, but as Oprah would say, I set the intention. set the intentionの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 分詞構文に関係した質問です。

In October, I spent 30 days traveling around Indochina — Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia — with a group of 12 strangers. Along with our Cambodian tour guide, there were people from Australia, England, Scotland and Canada. Being the "accent-phile" that I am, I was in my element. 週刊STのエッセイから抜粋です。(意味はわかります。) Being the "accent-phile" that I am, I was in my element. このセンテンスのthat I am は何でしょうか? なくてもいいと感じます。 As I was the accent-phile, こう解釈しました。 解説、よろしくお願いします。

• よろしくお願いします

The other day at a restaurant, a couple changed a baby’s diaper (No. 2) on the table beside me. I was horrified. I am all about public breast-feeding, and I’m OK with kids and babies at my favorite brunch places, and I don’t have a problem with my friends changing their kids in any room of my own house. But I do draw the line at this. I am paying for dinner, and there is fecal matter about 1½ feet away. I am from a family-friendly city. Almost all bathrooms have changing facilities for both moms and dads. I hate urban yupsters who protest when children start coming to their favorite neighborhood spots, but I find this really gross. all about public breast-feedingとyupsterの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 英文法チェックお願いします

1 I watched the soccer game with my tears shedding on my cheek last night. 2 With her mother walking around me, I could not concentrated on my homework. 3 Yumi and I talked about breaking out our relationship with my arms folding. 1 I saw yumi entering male friend room, she must cheat on me. 2 I heard my roommate living next to me singing song every night, that is why I am a lack of sleeping recently. 1 It being raining last night, I could not play soccer yesterday. 2 walking on the street in Akiba, I found a bill and felt so happy at that moment. 3 my book being stolen on the street, I will kill the theft when I find it. 4 My mother being raped at the age of 18, she stopped believing male human beings after then.

• 至急。英語について。

私、東京で一人暮らしする訳じゃないし、 それに、(あなたが私の)家に泊まるのは私のママが許さないと思う。(>_<) あと私、前も言ったけど英語だって話せないのに ずっと一緒にいるのはあなただってせっかくアメリカから来るのに楽しくないだろうし... なんか(色々考えちゃって)不安なんだよね。 と言いたいですが、 I will not live by myself in Tokyo, and my mother will not allow you to stay at my house. Moreover, as I told you before that I don't speak English, it will not be fun for you being together with me all the time in Japan especially you come from the U.S.. I am a bit worried. ↑間違っているところはないでしょうか?

• 意味を教えてください

I am 31, recently out of a 12-year relationship (and three-year marriage), and am at a loss. While I was chubby when my ex and I started dating, my weight became an issue of contention near the end of my marriage. I’d like to have kids, and would therefore like to start dating, maybe find someone to have a family with. I feel short of time given that I spent all of my 20s in a relationship that didn’t work out in that way. I am clinically obese though I’ve been told that I am attractive and carry it well. Should I wait until I lose the approximately 30 pounds that I need to lose to be at a normal weight, or can I realistically date now? I know this is a strange question and somewhat individual but while I sometimes chat with people on dating apps like Tinder or OKCupid (my pics are recent and accurate, though flattering), I tend to dodge out before making plans to meet because I am nervous about reactions to my weight. carry it wellとdodge outの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 和訳確認お願いします

it is up to you. if you do not wanna be my friend. i am ok with that, i know it is all my fault :( それは君次第だよ。もし、僕の友達になりたくないなら、それはそれでいい。僕は自分がした過ちを知ってるから。

• 和訳希望

I am presently in Australia at this time to conclude a contract project I started months back, and will be relocating as soon as am through over here, because at this moment am rounding up my contract with a company here in Sydney Australia, with my fashion career I know am going far as I really love doing it and it makes me happy. 所々訳しきれなくて困っています。よろしくお願いします。

• 日本語にお願いします!!

以下の文章です。 I will not apologise, because I intentionally said what I said. Because I am acid and mean when I am sad and angry. oh it was a joke, but I didn't tell it to be funny I realized that you have no interest at all in talking with me. That is why I am angry. I am probably angrier with myself, for having thought you cared about me. However, you do not. Even if you say it, it is not true. If “i'll be busy " is enough to forbid us from talking by voice, even if you have time, it means I count nothing for you, evidently. Fine. I take it as it is. I thought you didn’t often ask me to talk because you were shy, and maybe were afraid my answer was no. But no, you never do that because the truth is you don’t care at all about it.