My Boyfriend and the 'Good Girl' Thing: Exploring the Meaning

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Explore the meaning behind the phrase 'good girl'
  • Reflect on personal preference and guilt in liking the phrase
  • Question the societal implications and potential throwback nature of the phrase
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

意味を教えてください

My boyfriend loves me, is unfailingly kind, self-identifies as a feminist, and is always interested in and supportive of my academic work. Here’s the weird part: He says “good girl” to me, usually when I’ve done something to take care of myself, like put my glasses on when my eyes are tired, or get to sleep and wake up at a reasonable hour. We live together and I adore him, and honestly, I like the “good girl” thing, at least to some extent. I am an approval-craving person, by nature and even though I don’t need it, I love to be validated. I wouldn’t want him to say it in front of anyone, but I do feel guilty, because liking it makes me feel like I’m some kind of sick, weird throwback or that he is. liking it makes me feel like I’m some kind of sick, weird throwback or that he is. の意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.3

#1です。補足です。  good girl とは小さな子供や、雌犬には今でも言いますが、現在、ボーイフレンドがいる年齢の女性に使うのは、子供扱いやペット扱いにしているわけです。  著者はそう言う一世代も二世代前の古い慣習を引きずっている、と思われたくないのでしょう。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご返信が遅れました。ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (2)

• ILFocus
  • ベストアンサー率36% (17/47)
回答No.2

「よしよし、いい子だ」と言われるのが好きな自分は「頭のおかしな幼児返り」みたいだし、そんなことを言う彼も彼で、どうかしてると思うの。(だから、人前では、彼にそんなこと言って欲しくはないけれど、後ろめたい気持ちは残る) Longmanの辞書では、 good girl/boy/dog etc : used to tell a child or animal that they have behaved well or done something well 特にold-fashionedではないかと。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご返信が遅れました。ご回答ありがとうございます

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

liking it makes me feel like I’m some kind of sick, weird throwback or that he is. の意味を教えてください。 (私が”good girl"と言われるのが)好きだということは、私が一種の病人であり変に古臭い、あるいは彼がそうだ(一種の病人で変に古臭い)という気がして(彼に人前でそう言って欲しくない)  https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=throwback  この背景には  ”good girl"が本当の褒め言葉であった時代もあるが、今では”good girl"と言うのは男尊女卑時代の遺物で上からの目線が感じられる、と言うことがあります。  ですから「いい子だ」と言われて嬉しくなる自分も、本当に褒めたつもりでそう言う彼も時代遅れのようで嫌だから人前で言ってもらいたくない、のでしょう。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご返信が遅れました。ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• どのような意味でしょうか

I suffer from very severe clinical depression and anxiety disorder. I am under a doctor’s care, but I still have times when these issues overwhelm me. Recently, my life has been more stressful than usual. I have tried to talk to my husband about my depression in the past, but he just tells me that I have a good life and I shouldn’t feel that way. I told him I don’t feel like I can talk to him about what is going on with me because of these responses. He assures me he is my biggest supporter and I can talk to him about anything. This past weekend I told my husband I was feeling very depressed, and his response was to roll his eyes and say, “What’s wrong with you now?” I told him again that these reactions are why I don’t feel like I can actually talk to him. His response was to get angry with me because I refuse to realize how good I have it. how good I have itはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• stickの意味

My husband's family is full of people who drink too much and then act like fools, slurring their words, stumbling and vomiting. It happens at many gatherings, and it stresses me out. They often pressure me to drink more and/or get drunk. Because I don't do it, I feel ostracized at these gatherings where I'm told I need to loosen up or cheer up by drinking more. No one else in my life thinks I'm uptight. I'm normally very sociable. These days, I avoid those family gatherings as often as possible, but I'm afraid I'm courting more problems by not participating in family activities. My relationship with my husband is fantastic, and he understands and supports me, but I don't feel like his family does. I've tried to be frank with them, but the conversations don't seem to stick. the conversations don't seem to stick.はどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 言葉の意味について

先日 フランス人の友人に Hi berry I feel you good warm. It is expression when you have some one sweet you say berry. and you would like to go on with me? Just I take risk all my life all the time. と言われたのですが・・・ どんな意味なのか分かりかねて 返事に困ってしまったのです。 berryって果物?ですよね?

• 英文の意味がわかりません。

いつもお世話になります。次の文はどう訳すのでしょうか? As for my health it is getting better sometimes I do feel a little weird hard to explain in words. Its like you can feel something wrong with your body.

• 意味を教えてください

I’m a 39-year-old woman, and my husband is 43. Our sex life has always been very good, and we each have done our own fair share of initiating. However, in the past few years, the frequency of sex has really dwindled. Currently, as long as I do all of the initiating, our sex life remains great. If I don’t, no sex for months. I’ve found myself becoming somewhat resentful, as it makes me feel like he no longer desires me or cares to make an effort. I’ve talked with him a number of times about this, and I only get the same responses over and over. He says he’s just getting older, his sex drive is down, etc., and he says that it has absolutely nothing to do with me. I don’t believe his explanation, as he has no problem getting an erection, is ready to go at the barest of hint from me, and also still masturbates. When I ask him why he masturbates instead of having sex with me, he says he just needs the release in the moment. ready to go at the barest of hint from meとneeds the release in the momentの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I thought I was happy with my life and making good progress. I have a job I like, my husband just went from contracting to permanent at his company, we are starting to look for a condo, we are saving for retirement. Then all of a sudden some of my friends are making major life changes, and I suddenly feel like I am failing or pathetic by companion. One is moving from the Bay Area to Sacramento to a house she and her husband bought, one is moving to Portland, one is going to grad school in France, and one is going to Ireland. While my husband points out that some of them are just running away from their problems and that none of them are saving for the future the way we are, I feel like I am somehow failing. We are all in our 30s. Some of it is the idea of losing some friends who, while I didn’t see as often as I would like, will leave an absence for me, some of it is this feeling like I should be doing more. contractingは「契約社員」でしょうか?あと、leave an absenceはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

My husband of 25 years was diagnosed with early-onset Parkinson’s shortly after we married. He has been lucky until recently and the disease has been mild. However, he’s now rapidly declining. I am a research fanatic (and a bit bossy, I admit) and have spent years reading everything I can get my hands on, but no matter what I discover (the benefits of PT! tai chi!) he pooh-poohs it and won’t even discuss it with his doctor. Now, at the point where he is barely mobile, unable to work, and susceptible to falls, I find myself deeply upset that he has never been willing to try the (proven, not wacky) things that might help him. I work full-time (to support the family); we have three kids. I would never leave him, but I feel like a big boulder is hurtling down the hill at me. And I am so, so angry. Not at the unfairness of it all, but at him, for not even trying. What’s coming is not good, so I need to figure out how to let go of all this bitterness. ここでのWhat’s comingはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My supervisor rarely states his desires clearly. But if I take the initiative or ask him to clarify, he makes me feel like an idiot. He is condescending and highly critical of most people. He also is a nonstop gossip. He has portrayed me to others as racist, womanizing and incompetent. He has control over my payable time and my vacation requests. He has the ear of management and lives in the same neighborhood as many of my co-workers. has the ear of managementはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

I am more of a glass-half-empty kind of woman, so it is difficult for me to express myself otherwise. I always seem to want to talk about the what-ifs and my concerns and my personal outlook on things, which always differs from his. This upsets him very much and usually causes him to lash out at me, saying I need to stop this and start thinking about how it ruins the moment for him. ruins the moment for himとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• Tell me of OSEIBO.

Please tell me of Oseibo. Should I send Oseibo to all of my Japanese friends?Some are always very kind and helpful. I heard, however, if I send. they are forced to make "Okaeshi." I am afraid it is troublesome.