Job References: What is a Ph.D. Supervisor and the Meaning of Reference?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Learn about the role of a Ph.D. supervisor and the significance of job references.
  • Discover the meaning of reference in the context of employment and how it impacts career opportunities.
  • Uncover the hidden truth behind bad references and the potential impact on professional growth.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

job references

My Ph.D. supervisor was one of my job references until recently, when I asked a colleague (I finished my Ph.D. eight months ago). After a lot of struggle finding a position anywhere (let alone an academic one) I soon found a job that I liked after making that change. Last week, a mutual professional acquaintance of my Ph.D. supervisor and mine told me that she gave me bad references in the past, citing my “lack of ambition.” Ph.D. supervisorとは何でしょうか?あと、ここでのreferenceの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4118/5352)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1。Ph.D. supervisorとは何でしょうか?  博士論文の主査でしょう。 2。あと、ここでのreferenceの意味を教えてください。  (い)最初の文の場合:推薦状を書いてくれる人。あるいは就職先から「この人はどんな人か」と問合せを差し向ける目標になる人。推薦人。  (ろ)最後の文の場合:推薦状

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• career-type job

I recently got a pretty good job and I live with my fiancée, who also makes a good amount of money. We’re living a pretty comfortable middle-class life. Many of my friends are still in school or not in career-type jobs. Several times it’s come up that I propose an outing or activity and they come up with something cheaper. career-type jobとは何でしょうか?あと、it’s come up thatはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 「知り合いに仕事を紹介してもらった」って英語で何と言えばよいでしょうか?

「知り合いに仕事を紹介してもらいました。」って英語でどう言えばよいでしょうか? My acquaintance introduced a job to me. ?? acquaintanceってあんまり実際の会話で聞かないような・・ 仕事の紹介でintroduceって使えるのでしょうか・・ あまり自信がありません。 お願いします。

• studentはjobですか?

英語で職業を尋ねられたときに学生だった場合、 I am a student. のほかに My job is a student. など jobを使って表現することはできますか? 具体的に教えていただければと思います。 それともstudentはjobではありませんか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• strained

Many years ago, I was in the U.S. military. I was sent to Southeast Asia and served three six-month tours. On my last tour, I suspected my wife had an affair, but I had no proof. While I was in training for a job after I was released from active duty, I heard that my wife had spent the night with one of the men from the base. I confronted her, but she lied to me; her good friend eventually told me the truth. I believe she was faithful to me after that for maybe 15 years. But our relationship was strained. strainedは辞書にそれらしい意味がなかったのですが、どのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I am seeking some advice. I have a disability, and my place of employment is discriminating against me based on that disability. I finally filed a complaint with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and waited. Having heard nothing, I phoned just to make sure the EEOC got the forms. After repeatedly calling, I finally had a return call stating that my case had been automatically deleted from the EEOC's computer system after 90 days because of inactivity. I went to the local EEOC office to file my complaint in person, but with interview questions such as "Why are you here, because you have not lost your job?" it became uncomfortable, as well as insulting. Am I wrong in believing that no one should be told one's harassment or discrimination is unimportant because one is still employed? The officer then directed me to another agency but said not to tell that agency I am disabled, because it would be referred back to the EEOC. my place of employmentはmy workplaceと言っても同じことでしょうか?あと、be referred back toの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• All that to say

Dear Sugars, I write to you today as the new father of a beautiful baby girl and the husband of a lovely, supportive wife. I recently finished my Ph.D. and am in the midst of trying to land a job. All that to say, my life is full of the new joys of parenthood, a sense of completion, and the excitement of new horizons -- or at least this is what I imagine I should be experiencing. All that to sayはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 大至急、翻訳をお願い致します。

All the things that made me happy that day remain one of my best memories, which I will remember for the all my life

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

I am a therapist who does home-based counseling with very poor people with very complicated and difficult issues. The problem is that I really feel like I am the blind leading the blind. Many of my clients tell me that I help them tremendously, and my entire case load has followed me from one agency to another, so I do feel like I am effective in my job in many ways. I really feel like I am the blind leading the blindとmy entire case load has followed me from one agency to another, の和訳をよろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

And the insults never stopped. She said I only got the job because they were looking for people who were neither young nor attractive. (She should know.) She never missed an opportunity to humiliate or belittle me. It only took one week to hate that job and realize the one I left wasn't so bad, but there was nothing to do but tough it out. After seven months, I was laid off due to lack of work. I honestly believe I worked myself out of a job. worked myself out of a jobとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• afterの後ろの節の主語有無について

下記の1.と2.ですが、afterの後に I があるかないかの差です。 1.が普通かと思うのですが、2.でも問題はないのでしょうか? 1. I will take a break after I finish working my job. 2. I will take a break after finish working my job. 回答をよろしくお願いします。