Platonic Connections: Reconnecting with a Friend from the Past

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Reconnecting with a friend from high school, who is going through a divorce
  • Engaging in platonic conversations with a former acquaintance
  • Exploring the boundaries of friendship after reconnecting
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

on a platonic level

About a year ago, I ran into a woman I used to spend time with in high school. We are both married, although she is going through a divorce. Since that day, she and I have been talking quite a bit. We discuss a lot of different things, all on a platonic level. platonicはcasualのような意味でしょうか?違うとしたら、簡単に説明をよろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9726/12098)
回答No.1

>platonicはcasualのような意味でしょうか?違うとしたら、簡単に説明をよろしくお願いします ⇒似ているとは思いますが、casualだと「顔見知り程度の(レベルの会話)」でしょうが、platonicは「(いささかの肉体関係も伴わない)純粋に精神的な(レベルの会話)」ですから、幾分ニュアンスは異なると思います。 特にこの場合、二人とも既婚者で、お互い別人の伴侶ですから、そのあたりを、つまり、「あやしい関係ではない」ことを明示するために、all on a platonic level「すべて精神的なレベルで」と断っているわけですね。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• to beとto have been について

Mary is believed to be an actress although she is a quiet old woman now. Mary is believed to have been an actress although she is a quiet old woman now. Mary is believed that she is an actress although she is a quiet old woman now. Mary is believed that she was an actress although she is a quiet old woman now. 上記の4つの文の違いを教えて下さい。 よろしくお願いします。

• しっかり理解できていない文法4

10.兄貴は僕に彼の辞書を使わせてくれないんだ。 My brother won't let me use his dictionary. 【質問】won't の意味が理解できません。 11.その少年は僕らよりずっと速く走った。 The boy ran much faster than we did. 【質問】we did を us とすると間違いですか? 12.あそこでロバートと話をしている女性は誰ですか? Who is the woman who is talking with Robert there? 【質問】whoが連続して違和感を覚えます。 Who is the woman talking with Robert there? でもOKですか?

• I don't think I'm quite ready for the passion of a woman or a man and his friend.

70年代の刑事ドラマで英語の学習をしております。 刑事A,Bはある事件の責任をとって辞職。 ただいま職探し中。 (この場面の前に、Employment Development Departmentにも行っています) そんな中で、 刑事Aは、刑事Bの友人である美女Cとcafeで楽しく会話を楽しむという場面です。(このあとデートに誘います) C: So did she ever get around to offering you the job? A: Sure, she did. It's just that I don't think I'm quite ready for the passion of a woman or a man and his friend. C: Unbelievable. タイトル部分の the passion of a woman or a man and his friend をどうとればいいのかわかりませんでした。 お時間ありましたら、お願いいたします。

• よろしくお願いします

My wife and I have been married for 12 years. We have three boys. My wife is a high school teacher. She teaches higher-level math, and we have always had her students over at our house for help outside of school. I have always been supportive of this, but last year she had a student who didn't really need help come over. come overはcoming overとしたくなるのですが、なぜcomeなのでしょうか?よくhelpの後に動詞の原形が続くのはみるのですが、その形とは違う気がするのですが。よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I’m a bisexual woman in my early-30s. About a year and a half ago, I met a woman at work and we really hit it off. It never occurred to me she might be attracted to women also. Colleagues told me she’d never dated and was not interested in doing so. As we spent more time together, things took a turn for the physical. It started with snuggling up on the couch for TV marathons, and then she started coming over most days after work to cuddle with me on my bed. We never had sex, but we were very physical with one another. I could tell it turned her on, but tried to be respectful of her boundaries, as I knew she was inexperienced and possibly conflicted, so we never had sex. Then she suddenly withdrew. As soon as I tried talking to her and asking if the sudden distance was the result of our sexually charged interactions, she both vehemently denied it and simultaneously made up excuses to not spend time alone together anymore. snuggling up on the couch for TV marathonsとsexually charged interactionsの意味を教えていください。よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

I’ve been married to a wonderful woman, “Jane,” for 12 years. This is a second marriage for both of us, and our children are grown and on their own. We have arranged our money so that we have joint accounts, which cover expenses, savings, and investments, but we also have personal accounts that we’re free to use as we please. Even though Jane makes good money, she is frugal and her hobbies aren’t that expensive. I make a little more than her but have some expensive hobbies, so I do not have anywhere near the ready cash she does. anywhere near the ready cash she doesはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 時間をpackするforの使い方について

(1) I usually work four hours a day. (2) I spent three days in making this plastic toy. (3) We stayed at the hotel for three days. (4) She's been married for ten years. (5) I'm going away for the weekend. (1)~(5)までの 時間のくくり方で for を使ったり使わなかったり・・・・、 自動詞 他動詞が関係するのか?と 思ったりもしましたが、(1)workは自動詞 (2)spend は他動詞・・・ その違いでもなさそうで・・・   訳してみて 継続性があれば forか?とも思うが workにも日常の現状という意味では継続性も感じるし、しかし forは要らないようです。 どうやって forの要る要らないを使い分けているのでしょうか? 宜しくお願いいたします。

• scarcelyの英英辞典での意味

scarcelyの英英辞典での意味 度々すみません。 scarcelyの意味をある英英辞典(Random House)で引いてみましたら adv. 1.barely; not quite: We can scarcely see. 2.・・・ とありました。 そこで同じ辞書(RH)でbarelyの意味を引いてみましたら adv. 1.scarcely: I had barely enough money. 2.・・・  となっておりました。 さらに別に辞書(WEBSTER'S NEW WORLD)でscarcelyの意味を引いてみましたら adv. 1. hardly; not quite; only just    とありました。 [not quite]は「必ずしも~というわけではない」「完全には~ではない」という部分否定なので、 最初の辞書のscarcelyの意味『adv. 1.barely; not quite: We can scarcely see.』 の例文『We can scarcely see.』を「not quite」の意味で訳すと 『私たちは完全に見えるというわけではない。』という訳になると思います。 けれど 『We can scarcely see.』を英和辞典の一般的な意味「ほとんど~ない」の意味で訳すと 『私たちはほとんど見ることができない。』となります。 この2つの意味は全然違いますよね? 実際英和辞典でscarcelyに『not quite』という部分否定の訳に該当するものを見たことがないのですが。 このことはどのように考えればよいでしょうか? ご意見、よろしくお願いします。

• a bag of worms

Over the past year or so, two things have happened: 1) after years of questioning and repressing various feelings, I’ve finally come to terms with my bisexuality, and 2) I’ve realized that I might be in love with my best guy friend, “Sam” (I’m a woman). Admitting feelings for a platonic friend is always a bag of worms, but my situation has an additional worm: a bag of wormsはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 日本語訳をお願いします。

well there is a girl i like... a lot...maybe even love and we were in a relationship but other people we telling me i was to clingy and she would break up with me so i seperated us some and she said she thought us dating each other made me uncomfortable so we broke up...now we are talking and she said all the reasons she like me before she still sees in me and i dont know if i should give up on the idea of us dating again??