• 締切済み

日本語訳してください!

For example, earthquake-resistant buildings might bend up to a point,but if the shaking continued or intensified,specific structural elements could break first to contain the damage.

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数1

みんなの回答

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

1。 contain は、下記のように「阻止する」とか「食い止める」という意味です。 https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=contain 2。訳  例えば、耐震建築物は、ある点までは曲がる(ことによって地震の被害を食い止める)かも知れない、しかし地震が継続したり震度が激しくなったりすると  特定の構造要素が最初に破壊して、それ以上の損害を食い止めるように設計されている。

• Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9728/12102)
回答No.1

(訳文) 例えば、耐震建築物は、ある一点までは曲がるかもしれませんが、揺れが続いたり激しくなったりすると、特定の構造要素が最初に破損する、という可能性があります。

関連するQ&A

• 日本語訳を!!c7-1

お願いします!! Archaeologist can't read the records the people of the Indus Vally left because they haven't decoded the script. So they have to use other clues-like trash. What's left of people's ruined basements,garbage,and sewers tell us a lot about what it was like to live in the Indus Valley 4,000 years ago. Sometimes ancient cities are buried through tragic events such as an earthquake or a volcanic eruption.But usually cities get buried bit by bit,while people are still living there.Old buildings fall down and are covered with dust and garbage.Because it's easier,people build on top of the old buildings rather than clear them out and start from the ground again.As this happens,the streets are repaved and get higher and higher over time. The cities of Mohenjo Daro and Harappa,located in what is now Pakistan,had enough room for 40,000 to 80,000 people.That's about as many eople as can fit into the huge Olympic stadium in Athens.But no one is sure if that many people actually lived there full-time.How many of those buildings were empty during the farming season,when people may have gone home to their family farms to help with planting and harvesting? How many of the buildings sheltered merchants or pilgrims who were just passing through?Or people who had come to celebrate religious festivals? The streets of Indus towns and cities in India and Pakistan are strangely similar.Each has streets that run north and south and east and west.Why?No one knows,although religious beliefs might have had something to do with it.For example,Christian cathedrals face the rising sun in the east and Muslims pray facing their sacred city,Mecca.

• この英語で正しいですか?

”もっと焦点を絞った方がよかったかもしれない”という意味の文章を作るのに、 ”It might have been better if I focused on one specific point” で、時制や単語は合っていますか? あと、”私はいつも英語を話す時、手をたくさん動かしがちだ”という文章を作りたいのですが、 ”I tend to use gestures a lot in order to express myself when speaking English” 以外に、もっといい表現はないでしょうか。。?ジェスチャーというか、一生懸命説明しようとして無意識に、手を動かしてしまうことを言いたいのですけれど…。 お願いします。

• 日本語にして下さい!! よろしくお願いします…

Thank you so much for what you said ^^ Thank you. I like being like coffee XDDDDDDDDDDD No, jokes apart, I am the one who is really lucky in knowing you, as you are a really genuine person, and it's rare to find someone like you in the world. I think you are pure and simple, and this is just great ^^ You know... okay, it might sound stupid XD but I will tell you anyway XD I believe everything has a sense in this world. I mean, everything has an order (I do believe in God, after all!), or it would be chaos XD I don't think the fact that we met was simply luck XD or chance! No. Many things fit together. For example, In that period I started working on Android... and to contact you, I had to find a way to install and android App on my pc. Chance? Mh XD nah XD Okay at this point you probably think I am stupid XD Maybe I am XD sometimes XD but I like to think we didn't meet by chance! ^-^/ And yes, I have a glance at your letter every day! That's why I put It in the drawer right next to my bed. Before going to sleep (before or after reading). I take it, open it, look at the origami... smile XD and thank you in my head for sending it XDDDDDDDD Yes, I am stupid XDDDDDD DO I sound like a maniac? I hope not! XD I am using 'XD' too often, isn't it? XD I also made a cookie with XD written on the top today XD I sent you an image of it on LINE

• 指示代名詞thatについて

あるpodcastのスクリプトです。 “That” refers back to something that you have already talked about or understand. It might not always be something specific, as in the example I gave of a specific house. Someone may say, “Well, I’m going to go to Harvard University,” and you say, “Well, it isn’t that good of a school.” The “that” refers to perhaps schools that are better even though you don’t have a specific school in mind. ちなみに、3行目の“in the example”とは、以下の文章を補足しておきます。 “That” in a sentence refers back to something previous in the conversation or something that both of the people who are talking understand. For example you might say, “You know the house that we saw last week over in Santa Monica? Well, my brother’s house is that big.” It’s the same size. I’m referring first to something that we both understand or both know. When we use “so” in this sentence, we really mean “ 前置きがながくなりましたが、 質問は、“Well, it isn’t that good of a school.”という文章についてです。 その前の文章にthatはいつも明確な(specificな)ものを指すわけではないという説明が書いてあり、この場合のthatはschools that are betterの事をおそらく言うといっています。 既出の名詞の反復を避ける場合にthisやthatを使う時、それがspecificである時とそうでないことがあるという点は、納得というか,それはそれでいいのですが、 今回質問を投稿させてもらったのは、この “Well, it isn’t that good of a school.” と答えた意味(ニュアンス)をお聞きしたかったからです。 相手が、“Well, I’m going to go to Harvard University,” (私はハーバード大学に行くつもりです)と言ったので、“Well, it isn’t that good of a school.”と答えた。 もしもこのthatがschools that are betterとすると、答えた人は何を言いたかったのでしょうか。 「ハーバード大学(it)はそんな良い学校の一つではないよ」と、ハーバードだけが良い学校ではないと言いたいのでしょうか。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 和訳をお願いします。至急!!!!

The response spectrum curves, which are a type of influence diagram for earthquake loads, describe the important characteristics of strong earthquake ground motions by exhibiting their effects on structures. The spectra also provide a logical measure of the intensity of earthquake ground motion which has engineering sugnificance.by means of the spectrum curves the apparently anomalous behavior of some structures during earthquakes can be explained. If the point of view is taken that structures should be designed to remain  elastic(without damage)when subjected to earthquake ground motion, a satisfactory procedure can be developed using the spectrum curves.it is true that this would be more laborious than the presently used equivalent static methods but it would not be excessively so. the real difficulty arises from the fact that in this case the structures would have to be designed for lateral loads much larger than are not prescribed by building codes. It does not seem economically justiciable that in a seismically active region all buildings should be designed to survive the strongest possible ground motion without any damage. It is more reasonable to take the point of view that the design should be such that the structures will survive the more frequent, moderate ground motions without damage but in the more rare event of very strong ground motion , damage would be tolerated so long as it was not a hazard to life and limb, this is the usual point of view of engineers in earthquake areas, it is seen from the material presented in this paper that this point of view is equivalent to requiring two different design analyses for each structure. One would be to ensure that no damage resulted from moderate, elastic vibrations, and the other would be a(limit design)type of analysis to ensure that there was sufficient energy-absorbing capacity to give an adequate factor of safety against collapse in the event of extremely strong ground motion.

• 英語の訳

ニューヨークタイムスの新聞記事です。下記の訳を知りたいです。 長いですがどなたかよろしくお願いします。 http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/12/world/asia/12codes.html?_r=1 ↑下記の文章が載っているホームページ A bus stop was crushed by part of a wall that had fallen from a nearby building in the city of Sendai, where a tsunami roared over embankments. Hidden inside the skeletons of high-rise towers, extra steel bracing, giant rubber pads and embedded hydraulic shock absorbers make modern Japanese buildings among the sturdiest in the world during a major earthquake. And all along the Japanese coast, tsunami warning signs, towering seawalls and well-marked escape routes offer some protection from walls of water. An oil refinery burned in the city of Chiba after Friday’s earthquake. In Japan, where quakes are more common than in the United States, building codes have long been much more stringent. These precautions, along with earthquake and tsunami drills that are routine for every Japanese citizen, show why Japan is the best-prepared country in the world for the twin disasters of earthquake and tsunami — practices that undoubtedly saved lives, though the final death toll is unknown. In Japan, where earthquakes are far more common than they are in the United States, the building codes have long been much more stringent on specific matters like how much a building may sway during a quake. After the Kobe earthquake in 1995, which killed about 6,000 people and injured 26,000, Japan also put enormous resources into new research on protecting structures, as well as retrofitting the country’s older and more vulnerable structures. Japan has spent billions of dollars developing the most advanced technology against earthquakes and tsunamis. Japan has gone much further than the United States in outfitting new buildings with advanced devices called base isolation pads and energy dissipation units to dampen the ground’s shaking during an earthquake. The isolation devices are essentially giant rubber-and-steel pads that are installed at the very bottom of the excavation for a building, which then simply sits on top of the pads. The dissipation units are built into a building’s structural skeleton. They are hydraulic cylinders that elongate and contract as the building sways, sapping the motion of energy. Of course, nothing is entirely foolproof. Structural engineers monitoring the events from a distance cautioned that the death toll was likely to rise as more information became available. Dr. Jack Moehle, a structural engineer at the University of California, Berkeley, said that video of the disaster seemed to show that some older buildings had indeed collapsed. The country that gave the world the word tsunami, especially in the 1980s and 1990s, built concrete seawalls in many communities, some as high as 40 feet, which amounted to its first line of defense against the water. In some coastal towns, in the event of an earthquake, networks of sensors are set up to set off alarms in individual residences and automatically shut down floodgates to prevent waves from surging upriver. Critics of the seawalls say they are eyesores and bad for the environment. The seawalls, they say, can instill a false sense of security among coastal residents and discourage them from participating in regular evacuation drills. Moreover, by literally cutting residents’ visibility of the ocean, the seawalls reduce their ability to understand the sea by observing wave patterns, critics say. Waves from Friday’s tsunami spilled over some seawalls in the affected areas. “The tsunami roared over embankments in Sendai city, washing cars, houses and farm equipment inland before reversing directions and carrying them out to sea,” according to a statement by a Japanese engineer, Kit Miyamoto, circulated by the American Society of Civil Engineers. “Flames shot from some of the houses, probably because of burst gas pipes.”

• 日本語訳を!!c6-1

お願いします!! What do you think is the world's most important invention? The wheel? The light bulb? If you asked most historians,they wouldn't hesitate:reading and writing,all the way.Just as pottery allowed ancient people to store food and goods in a place safe from water or insects,writing let people store knowledge.For the first time,the things people knew could be kept safe for their children,and not lost through their poor memories,sicknesses,or deaths.What's more,writing meant people could pass on information to others in different places or times.As long as people can read,they can know.The ability to read and write was-and is-power. Like a child who draws pictures before he or she writes words,ancient people first used symbols instead of letters.The first evidence for writing comes from pottery shards.Many ancient pots have marks on them that potters probably made before the clay was baked hard.That way each potter could tell which pots were hers,even when she shared a kiln with her neighbors.That's probably the first kind of writing you learned,too-your name,so you could mark every paper and drawing you made as yours.People started using these simple markings as early as 4500 BCE in the Indus Valley and continued using them long after the invention of writing. Potter's marks are scratched into the clay before firing,but many finished pieces of pottery have symbols that were scratched into them after they were fired,probably by their new owners.No one knows for sure what these symbols stand for.Archaeologists think that they might have been labdls that identified the contents of the pot,the name of the owner,or perhaps the name of tne person to whom it was being sent. If,for example,a wealthy man sent a pot of honey to a temple as an offering,he might have wanted to identify either himself or the temple where he was sending the gift.

• 次の文を日本語訳してください

この文章を日本語訳してください>< 本当に困ってます、おねがいします! Outaka Yoshiko, as she is known today, has surely enjoyed a long and interesting life. She might best be remembered for her three terms in the Japanese Diet as an active representative. She is remembered by many for her brave service as a political reporter in Palestine and other troubled areas in the world in the 1960s. there was much more, however, to this fascinating woman’s life. She was born in Manchuria, China, in 1920, and grew up using the name Li Xianglan, though both of her parents ware Japanese. Because she was troubled by tuberculosis as a child, she took singing lessons from a Russian man who had escaped the revolution 20 years earlier. She was very talented and became a coloratura soprano. This led to a career as an actress for the attractive young woman. In 1938, she made her debut in a film called Honeymoon Express, and then starred in a famous film called Shanghai Nights. In fact, no one knew that she was Japanese; she was thought to be Chinese. She was seen as a multi-lingual, talented Chinese actress. At the end of World War 2, however, she ran into trouble. She was nearly executed by the Chinese government for treason but she narrowly escaped and returned to Japan. In Japan, she continued her singing and acting career under a new name: Yoshiko Yamaguchi. Several years later, the celebrated actress got married to a famous person: the architect, Isamu Noguchi. The two lived happily in Kamakura, where he worked furiously and she built her acting career. She starred in films abroad as well as at home. For example, she was the leading actress in Japanese War Bride, but using a third name, Shirley Yamaguchi, as she was known in America.Sadly, the couple’s demanding careers caused their marriage to fall apart.

• 英文の和訳で困っています 和訳を助けてください

英文の和訳で困っています 和訳を教えていただきたいです よろしくお願いします!! Its southern neighbor, usually called the Sanctuary of the Lares Publici but identified by Zanker, plausibly, as a sanctuary for the imperial cult, may have been added even later, perhaps not until after the earthquake of AD 62. Other buildings around it, such as the vegetable market to the north of the Sanctuary of Apollo, and the three administrative buildings on the south side, could also have taken their final form at this time. The monumental development of the forum may, therefore, have continued through the early imperial period. A post-Augustan date is supported by details of the building’s Third-Style wall paintings, known from nineteenth-century drawings. The whole picture is one of individual initiative, in which leading magistrates vied with each other to make an impact upon the urban landscape in this most prestigious area of the city.

• 以下の英文を訳してください困ってます!!

The fact that such a cubistic analysis tended to dissolve the visual image---in such works as Picasso's Portrait of Kahnweiler or Woman with a Guitar---led Picasso to abandon the analysis at a point where the organic or vitalistic nature of the object was compromised. Though he has continued to make experiments which might be described as ‘cubistic’,Picasso has never adopted a style of pure abstraction.Nor did Juan Gris carry abstraction to its logical conclusion; though his theory of synthetic cubism in-volves abstraction as a basis for painting, but only as a basis. 翻訳サイトを使うと日本語がおかしくなってしまいます・・・。