How to Cope with Being Away from Loved Ones in College

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Find out the meaning of 'committed to a school' and understand its implications.
  • Learn why 'we will be different places' does not require 'at' or 'in' before 'different'.
  • Discover strategies to deal with the sadness of being away from loved ones in college.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

よろしくお願いします

I have an outstanding boyfriend (8 months) whom I love so much; he's one of my best friends, someone I see every day, and someone that has had a huge impact on my life. Nothing is certain yet, but I expect we will end up at different schools next year. That absolutely breaks my heart. Also, my best friend has committed to a school on the other side of the country and so there is no doubt we will be different places. http://community.sparknotes.com/2014/03/18/auntie-sparknotes-how-can-i-stop-feeling-sad-about-going-away-to-college committed to a schoolはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、we will be different placesとありますが、differentの前にatかinは必要ないのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4114/5348)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1。committed to a schoolはどのような意味でしょうか?  もう入学許可をもらった、先祖代々ここにしか行かないなどという理由で「ある学校に(行くことに)決めている」という意味でしょう。 2。あと、we will be different placesとありますが、differentの前にatかinは必要ないのでしょうか?  はい、あるのが正式です。無いのもこういった場面ではまかり通るようです。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• ライティング・ルール:「カンマは要るか」・関係代名詞・時制

ライティング対策で次のような英文日記を書いたのですが。。 ... But tomorrow I'm going to have a buffet lunch with my friend, who will wear white because I said I love demure clothes so much, and the food will be gone soon, so we should have second helpings as soon as we can. ○tomorrowの前後はカンマでくくるべきでしょうか?(いつも副詞(句)をくくるカンマの有無に悩みます) ○my friendはやはりone of my friendsやa friend of mineにすべきか(しかしそうすると次のwhoにかかる先行詞が友達全員だと誤解されないか) ○最後の部分でおかわりをするのは明日の話だからas soon as we will be able toなどとすべきか(同様にshouldも未来形に…ないですよね^^; will ought toじゃおかしいですよね?) ネイティブ感覚を持っていらっしゃる方が多いみたいなので、いつもお世話になっています。 質問、お教えいただけると助かります!

• 中学英語の添削をお願いします。

こんばんは。 簡単な英文なのですが、自信が無いので添削をお願いします。 MY MEMORIES ABOUT SCHOOL LIFE I remember many things about school. The most impressive thing was the school trip. We went to Nara and Kyoto. I visited manay places,todaiji,kiyomizudera,kinkakuji,,,. My classmates and I became friends all the more. どうでしょうか?よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英語の訳をして欲しいです

一度訳したのですがどうしても変な訳になって内容があまりよくつかめないのでどなたか訳していただけませんか⁇  Once I've got a friend, I'll be careful not to presume on him or her. That we might be " bothering" someone is an everlasting concern of Americans, even among good friends. " Irish people live in each other's pockets," said one woman ." It's completely different here. You keep your distance." I will be very hesitant to ask friends for favors- one of my attractions as a friend is that I am not demanding. If I were, my prospective friends would be likely to back off. Neediness scares people. Rather than having to refuse a request, we prefer to have friends we can trust to make their requests rare and reasonable. We ourselves do not wish to be indebted to anyone else. We like reciprocal arrangements because they keep the scales balanced. This week I drive my friend to the airport; next week she drives me. A Chinese woman said that she tried to join a childcare cooperative, but she found the system so complex (to make sure that no one person did more than anyone else) that it drove her crazy

• please someone translate for me

"I don't feel I have been anything but honest with you since we have started our friendship, I am sorry I am unable to give my self to you at this point as anything but a friend." this is my homework at my school from out of japan. please someone translate for me. in my idea, it means "she does not feel anything for him(does not she like him?) and it is her honest. so she does not want to be in a relationship with him(she just wants to be a friend)." = "tomodachi ijou koibito miman?" is it light? please, please someone helps me. if you comment me, i can not use japanese now, but i can read japanese, so please write japanese. thank you so much!

• place my worth

(胸が大きすぎるのが悩みという内容)The stares and lewd comments: I have heard so many awful comments and just plain icky things. And it really sucks when I see someone (especially a guy) stare at them and I know exactly what's going through their head - it's disgusting. I also know from comments I've heard/actions that I've seen as well as what my friends have heard/seen that to some people - that's where they place my worth. http://community.sparknotes.com/2014/08/22/vintage-auntie-sparknotes-is-it-ok-to-want-a-breast-reduction place my worthとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• shuffle

I moved away from family and friends 25 years ago, and now I make annual visits to my hometown, which include renting a car and driving four to five hours to see my best friend, "Freddie," from childhood. When we have house guests at my home, we all shuffle so that our guests will have their own room and bathroom. Sometimes the young adults will willingly sleep on the couch if there is no more bed space. ここでのshuffleはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英作文

学校の課題で、"My High School Days"という題で英作文をしました。 文法的な間違いや、不自然な部分等あると思いますので、添削していただこうと、質問させていただきました。 よろしくお願いいたします。 I went attended ABC High School. This school was founded in 1961 by Taro Oda. It is co-education now. But it was a boys' school before 1994, DEF girl's High School was next to it. They merged it in 1994 and became ABC High School. It has generally course only now. But generally course has three courses, A course, B course and C course. When I was senior, there were 48 classes in this school, and more than 1,700 students were studying in this school. I belonged to B course. In the B course, we studied aiming at entrance to school to the university. I and my friends always went to the school by bicycle. I was doing it for exercise and a saving. It takes me about fifty minutes from my home to the school. My favorite subject is civics. I liked the modern society in particular. My best friends in high school were Yuichi Masuda, Yoshitaka Ito and Toshimitsu Kato. We used to go to Miyawaki Bookstore or Book Square in Matsusaka after school by bicycle. It was late that I always arrived at the house because these bookstores were long way from my house. I belonged to the rugby club. But I have never play rugby. Because my teacher made me and my friend the member of the club by force to direct our life and to let me study. So we studied mathematics in the teacher's room while other members did club activities. My impressive teacher was Mr. Ishimoto. He was my teacher when I was junior, and teacher was mathematics and rugby club. He was severe, grim and strong.  Therefore I and my friends could not disobey. If we had not good exam result, he punched us. So my friends studied English and mathematics very hard. But I knew his good point. He always thought about students. Therefore he was very strict with us. It will not still change.

• 訳なのですが、

知り合いからメールをもらいましたがきちんとした訳が知りたくて書き込みしました。宜しくお願いします。 I will start my holidays nextweek so I want to know if is possible for me to come there.I want to come if you will have time to see me but I have a friend who lives in Osaka.I see you are there pls come to msn so we can chat. 来週から休みが始まるからそっちへ行くことが可能か知りたい。 あなたが時間あるときにきてほしい(会いに)。でも私には大阪に住んでいる友達がいる。 =ここから先がよくわかりません。教えてください。彼は怒っているような不機嫌な感じではないですよね? あと、この解釈で合っているかも教えてください。 お願いします。

• 日本語に訳してください。よろしくお願いします。

・I was the only student in my school who brought lunch with a message written on the napkin by Dad, and I still remember how embarressed I felt. ・From the way my friends talked, I thought they wished they also received letters full of affection from someone who really loved them. ・Attached to the card sent to him were the signatures of all of my friends. ・A puzzle or joke that appears to be nonsense but has an amusing answer. ・To get or pick up suddenly and roughly.

• 適語補充問題の解答を教えて下さい(中学レベル)

(1)彼は正直なのでうそをつけない。 He is(    )(    )honest a lie. (2)英語の手紙の書き方を教えてもらえますか。 Please teach me (    )to write a letter(    ) English,(    )you? (3)「窓を開けても構いませんか」「ええ、構いません」 “Do you(    ) my (    )the window?” ”(    ),I don’t ” (4)私は、昨日、歩いて学校へ行かなければならなかった。 I(    )(    ) go to school (    )(    )yesterday. (5)日本にこられてどのくらいになりますか。 (    )(    )have you(    ) in Japan? (6)私の父は英国製の万年筆を持っています。 My father has a fountain pen (    )(    )England. (7)私の家はあの赤い屋根の建物です。 My house is that(    )(    ) a red roof. (8)明日は雨がふるだろうか。 I(    )(    ) it will rain tomorrow. (9)私の姉は私の2倍のお金を持っている。 My sister has (    )(    )(    )(    )as I. (10)私には遊び友達がたくさんいる。 I have many friends(    )(    )(    ).