What Does 'Outing Myself' Mean?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Discover the meaning of 'outing myself' and its implications.
  • Being an Asian closeted Christian bi girl in a conservative Christian high school poses challenges.
  • The struggle of correcting misconceptions without revealing one's sexual orientation.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

outing myself

I'm an Asian closeted Christian bi girl who is a freshman at a fairly conservative Christian high school. If you want some examples of how far my school leans right, our superintendent gave a speech during one of our weekly assemblies two years ago about how if you're queer, he "still loves you" but you'll have to "find a new school." In a word, yikes. To add to that Gordian Knot, a lot of my fellow freshmen keep joking that I'm a lesbian and I can't quite correct them without outing myself. outing myselfとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4118/5352)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

outing myselfとはどのような意味でしょうか? out の他動詞でここの使い方は、さしずめ2の「外に出す」でしょう。   https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=out  ただ「自分自身を(学校の)外に出すほかないわね」と言う表の意味と、5番目の俗語の「殺す」と言う「自殺しかない」と言う裏もチラリと見せています。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• ノーダウトのit's my lifeという曲のついてなのですがなんとなく訳せますが意味がよくわかりません

Funny how I find myself in love with you If I could buy my reasoning I'd pay to lose One half won't do I've asked myself How much do you commit yourself? It's my life Don't you forget? It's my life It never ends Funny how I blind myself I never knew if I was sometimes played upon Afraid to lose I'd tell myself what good you do Convince myself It's my life Don't you forget? It's my life It never ends I've asked myself how much do you commit yourself? It's my life Don't you forget Caught in the crowd It never ends これが歌詞ですが、何が言いたいのかよくわかりません。詳しい人いましたら的確に訳して解説してください

• 英語から日本語に訳して欲しいです。

how are you today i am very much happy to read your email infact i am not longer in the facebook again because of one reason and other, the computer here is not a private computer it is for our camp i don,t want any body to have access you ok because you are my wife according to your question about my name yes my real name B●●d why my fathers name is j●●●s so i love my father that is the reason i combine my nane and my fathers together do you understand, i have only one child and my mother is taking good care him so i am a single now you i and you are the same if you say japan is good fine or america any one you chose i be ok infact your command is my wish i want a place that will keep you comfortable a place that we can relaxes then i spend the rest of my life with you, please my honey i don,t want anything that will give you a problem ok yes let,s not forget how is our douther is she back to the school i hope she is fine? my honey why do you west time for replying me is it because time or what? 翻訳機使用のヘンテコ翻訳の投稿はやめてください。

• 英語の質問です。和訳お願いします。

I have alot of stress because of school. And because of my ex. And because of my family who thinks I am the one who needs to be solving all their problems. And then I stress because of you because you say how communicating is so important but I don't want to/don't have time to be here writing to you about how shit my life is.

• 英語の質問です。和訳お願いします。

I have alot of stress because of school. And because of my ex. And because of my family who thinks I am the one who needs to be solving all their problems. And then I stress because of you because you say how communicating is so important but I don't want to/don't have time to be here writing to you about how shit my life is.

• me myself 正しいのはどちらですか?

「自分で自分にプレゼントをあげた」という時には、 I gave me a present for my birthday. I gave myself a present for my birthday. いずれも正しい表現なのでしょうか。 もし、正しくない表現がある場合は、なぜ正しくないのか その理由も教えて頂けると助かります。 どうぞよろしくお願い致します。

• I consider myself a well

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/answer-sheet/wp/2015/04/07/9-year-old-destroys-floridas-new-standardized-test-in-front-of-school-board/?tid=pm_local_pop_b 質問です。 上記サイトの下記の部分についての和訳についてのお教えください。 TRANSCRIPT: …I consider myself a well-educated young lady. However with FSA tests, my five years of school …do not matter. This testing looks at me as a number. One test defines me either as a failure or a success through a numbered rubric. One test at the end of the year that the teacher or myself will not be able to see the grade until the school year is already over. I do not think all this FSA testing is accurate to tell how successful I am. It doesn’t take into account all of my knowledge and abilities, just a small percentage. ----以下私の拙訳です---- 私自身は良い教育を受けている少女だと思っています。 でも、私の5年間の学校生活を、FSAテストで判定するなんて、 意味がないです。 このテストは私を、数字で判定しようとしています。 学年末のこのテストの結果が、学年が終わってからでないと先生も私も知ることが出来ないんです。 FSAテスト結果は、私がどの様に成長しているかを正確に表しているとは思いません。私の知識と能力を考慮していない、考慮しているとしてもほんの少しなんです。 ----- 蛇足 記事に下記のような記載があります。 是非videoを数字ご覧のなってください。 スピーチは私には聞き取れませんでしたが、迫力あるスピーチで 9才の少女とはとても思えませんでした。 She says that the test doesn’t measure her abilities and is stressful for no good reason — and she told that to the Hernando County School Board last month, displaying a remarkable presence for someone her age. The short video, which is worth watching, is above, and below is the transcript. According to Bay News 9, Sydney’s mother, Jennifer Smoot, said she helped her daughter with the speech but the 9-year-old wrote most of it.

• よろしくお願いします

Q. Depressed best friend: A good friend of mine, Z, is depressed. I noticed before anyone else, as I recognized her change in demeanor and the things she said from when I was depressed myself. I told a mutual best friend of ours, A, about my concerns, and recently Z admitted to A that she is not doing well. We have decided it would be best to talk with Z before we do anything else. But I think that talking with her with the two of us might feel like an ambush to Z. I’m also scared that this may cause me to relapse (although I don’t know how real the chances of that are). However, I think I am better at seeing certain signs of mental health issues than A (with which A agrees), as I suffer(ed) from them myself. We could also go straight to a school counselor (we are in the last year of high school), but that may mean that I would be forced to tell them about my own issues, which I would very much prefer not to. What do you think we should do? A: If you believe your friend is an immediate danger to herself or others, then yes, a visit to the school counselor is warranted, and that right away. that right awayのthatは何でしょうか?文法的にも教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 訳してください。女性からのメールです。出合い系

Thanks for getting back in touch with me...i would really like to know you.. but first i want to be sure if you're not one of those unserious men i have met so far on the website that only want sex......first i would like to know what you're looking for on the site with your experience... I'm personally looking for someone to share a chemistry filled with a long term relationship...so you can see how it's hard to find a man that will fit in my criteria...... Moreover,i have been hurt in my past relationship and to be very honest with you that my next choice of man have to be very stringent in my selection as i do not want to get heart broken again... i'll wait for your reply before i introduce myself to you... i have attach a photo so you can know who you're talking to.. where exactly do you live? cheers

• 同意文問題の解答を教えて下さい(高校受験)

(1)He usually goes to his office by car.  He usually(     )(     )his office. (2)Cheese is made from milk.   They (     )milk (     )cheese. (3)I like the pictures which were drawn by him. I like the pictures(     )(     ). (4)He did not go to school yesterday. He(     )(     )(     )school yesterday. (5)I received a letter from her yesterday. I(     )(     )her yesterday. (6)Mary hasn’t written to me since 1987. I haven’t (     )(     )Mary since 1987. (7)She said to us ,”Please don’t be noisy.” She (     )us (     )(     )be noisy. (8)Some of my friends didn’t attend the meeting. Some of my friends were (     )(     )the meeting. (9)She smiled and said ,”How are you?” She said (     ) a (     ),”How are you?” (10)Can you see a small lake in front of that mountain? Can you see a small lake (     )that mountain?

• 和訳をお願いします!!

“My dear Victor, ”it read: “You are probably waiting impatiently for a letter to fix the date of your return to us. I was tempted to write only a few lines to tell you when I should expect you. But that would be a cruel kindness, and I dare not do it. Alas, Victor, how can I tell you of our misfortune? William is dead, Victor! Our sweet child has been murdered! この文章が訳せません。わかる方和訳をしてください。お願いします!自分で訳した結果は 私の親愛なるビクタへ、それにはこう書いてあった。あなたはたぶん私たちがあなたに戻ると手紙で言った日を我慢できずに待っているだろう。 私はあなたが期待すべきとき、あなたに言うためにほんのいくつかの線を書くように誘惑されました。 しかしそれはひどい親切であえてそれをすることはない。 私たちの不幸をあなたにどのように話すことができますか? ウィリアムが死んだと。私たちのかわいい子供は殺された。