Approaching a Depressed Best Friend

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Find out the best way to approach a depressed best friend and address your concerns without causing harm.
  • Consider talking with your best friend individually instead of ambushing her with multiple people, as it may feel overwhelming.
  • If you believe your friend is in immediate danger, seeking help from a school counselor is recommended.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

よろしくお願いします

Q. Depressed best friend: A good friend of mine, Z, is depressed. I noticed before anyone else, as I recognized her change in demeanor and the things she said from when I was depressed myself. I told a mutual best friend of ours, A, about my concerns, and recently Z admitted to A that she is not doing well. We have decided it would be best to talk with Z before we do anything else. But I think that talking with her with the two of us might feel like an ambush to Z. I’m also scared that this may cause me to relapse (although I don’t know how real the chances of that are). However, I think I am better at seeing certain signs of mental health issues than A (with which A agrees), as I suffer(ed) from them myself. We could also go straight to a school counselor (we are in the last year of high school), but that may mean that I would be forced to tell them about my own issues, which I would very much prefer not to. What do you think we should do? A: If you believe your friend is an immediate danger to herself or others, then yes, a visit to the school counselor is warranted, and that right away. that right awayのthatは何でしょうか?文法的にも教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • ILFocus
  • ベストアンサー率36% (17/47)
回答No.2

that は指示代名詞。ここではa visit to the school counselorを指すのですが、 and thatで「しかも」「それも」「その上」という意味あいを添える慣用表現と考えた方がいいでしょう。 例文: She makes mistakes very often. (よく間違いをおかす) She makes mistakes, and that very often.(間違いをおかす、しかもたびたび)

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

that right awayのthatは何でしょうか?文法的にも教えてください。   ここのthat は、前のa visit to the school counselor「学校のカウンセラーに行くこと」という名詞句を指し、文法的にはその「代わり」の、代名詞だと思います。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 日本語に訳していただけないでしょうか?

長文になりますが、おおまかで構わないので日本語に訳していただけないでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。 ………………………… In summer in the year before last, I received a mail from a person. I felt almost was make-up story but various thinks about you were written in it. I understood the contents and replied my promise not to relate with you. However, harassment to me started by your friends, staffs of (店名) and your friends I had never related and it has been continuing until now although it becomes not so often as before. Even some of my friends were harassed only because being with me. (店名) is your working place and a place for your friends to gather. I guess they hope me not to relate with you. Because I had been told about you sometimes, I had a complicated feeling when I received your message via facebook. I thought that I would select my human relation and it would be possible for me to be a friend with you but I can not be free from the wavering of my decision to relate with you as a friend if I visit (店名). I have to keep promise with your friends.... I do not know why your friends still stick to me. Because I have no relation with you now. I also have no relation with anyone who might have close relation with you. I do not know you have any engagement to such continuous sticking to me but I think it is a matter of mind of these people not of yours or mine. I am thankful to you for calling me your friend. However, considering my current position, I think that it would be difficult to be your friend. If you have good human relation now, I think that there would be no reason for you to keep on staying as my friend beyond it. What do you think about it? Please do not misunderstand. I do not take you into my confidence to hurt you. I want to tell you only why I have avoided you. If we have fate, we might be able to relate as ordinary friend.

• 翻訳願います。

It is not that I do not want to marry you, it would be a lovely dream to do so, I think. I do not think that we have this path ahead of us... but I want to have you in my life always, somehow. Duty as a man? To stand and hold the load, to carry it forward. To move and put the wants of man away. 宜しくお願いします。

• 英語が堪能な方

自然な訳をお願いできますか? I do think it's creepy, and because thereis a connection to these characters that are fallible, and i think that is the main draw over and above the horror. I think the great connectedness is that they contradict themselves, they're full of contradictions. As we discussed earlier, no one is who they seem to be and that is kind of who we are.

• go part way

Dear Amy: My wife is an outdoor enthusiast who loves to hike. I enjoy it as well, but have some health issues that limit me to shorter hikes. Recently, she has reconnected with an old college friend. I've met him and his wife a few times. They've stayed with us, and we've stayed with them. The few times we've gotten together, the other three always want to go for an extended hike that is too difficult for me to participate in, so I'm left to sit at home by myself. I feel this is incredibly rude. My wife says that just because I can't join in is no reason for the rest of them to not do what they want to do. When you are with a group, you should find activities that all can do without excluding someone. There are lots of things we could do instead of hiking. I don't really know her friends well, and what would be a good opportunity to get to know them better is wasted while I sit at home alone. What do you and your readers think? -- Feeling Left Out Dear Feeling: Of course, you should all compromise on some activities when you're together -- but I do believe that the avid hikers should also be free to engage in their pursuit. You can be generous toward them, or you can sit home and sulk. You choose. You could go part way with the group, and then return to wherever you are staying to prepare a good meal for the rest of the hikers when they get back. go part wayはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 要約をお願いします☆

Is very glad to see your letter today. When I receive it, on mine The person always a smile, and in my heart warmly. After all when I read yours Letters, I start to represent that you stand nearby and speak to me about It. I do not know that occurs, but for that time that we are familiar with You, I have very much changed. As soon as possible I always hasten to To the computer to read your letter. I have a such Feeling that I became a little dependent on you. Because for days on end I think only of you, I represent your life there, is far from me. As You think, what is it? I am afraid to tell it, but it seems to me that it Love. I am afraid of this loud word, but I tell you the thoughts. After all we have agreed with you that we will tell all secrets each other. I trust you and I hope that you as trust me. Recently I began to think of how would be much Remarkably, if could meet and learn each other better. That You think of it? I think, it is difficult to speak about something only through Letters and phone. I wish to have with you live dialogue. But I do not know, What your thoughts that I have now written to you. My dear, do not worry, we will necessarily speak on msn! ok!? We will necessarily speak in msn, I promise to you! :) "Do you agree?" Is such expression is available in Russia. I do not know, how To you it to explain. You trust in destiny? It means:"nobody knows, That the destiny has prepared for us ". Understand me? Now I will finish the letter and I will wait for your early reply.

• All (that)you habe to do is (to)~の応用

All (that)you habe to do is (to)~ ・・・「~しさえすればよい」の文を応用した問題で All (that)you habe to rememeber is ~というのがでてきました。 どう訳せばいいのでしょう。 全文を参考までに載せます。 Some people find it hard to write a friendly letter, but I do not think so. All you have to rememeber is to write the person ahat you would tell him if you were in the same room talking to him-the small incidents of every life, pleasant happenings, a really funny joke, news of mutual friends - any and all news that would interest a person of his particular age and personality.

• 添削お願いします

Consider Michael Huemer’s “problem of political authority.” Do you agree that this is a problem, or do you think there is a justification for giving government authority to do things the we would condemn an individual for doing? こちらの英文なのですが「Michael Huemerの“problem of political authorityについて考えてください。あなたはこの問題に賛成ですか、それとも…」 [or do you think there is ~]からの日本語訳がわかりません。 分かる方訳して欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• refer

I broke up with someone a year ago. After we broke up, she unfriended me on social media, never responded to my birthday message, and stopped spending time with mutual friends lest she end up around me. Recently I found out that she is looking for new work opportunities. A friend of mine works in the same sector and has a job opening that would be perfect for her. She is extremely qualified, and I think she would enjoy this role. Should I reach out and let her know I can refer her? refer herはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 訳して下さい!m(_ _)m

友達からメールをもらったのですが、なんて書いてあるんですか??? バカな私には分かりません・・・。教えてください。 There are so many things to do each day There is so much going on in the world of great concern that often we do not stop and think about what is really important to us One of the nicest things in my life is my friendship with you and even if we don´t have a lot of time to spend with each other I want you to always know how much I appreciate you and our friendship

• 訳して下さい!m(_ _)m

友達からメールをもらったのですが、なんて書いてあるんですか??? バカな私には分かりません・・・。教えてください。 There are so many things to do each day There is so much going on in the world of great concern that often we do not stop and think about what is really important to us One of the nicest things in my life is my friendship with you and even if we don´t have a lot of time to spend with each other I want you to always know how much I appreciate you and our friendship