A Conceited Woman with a Loud Voice

このQ&Aのポイント
  • His mother was a conceited woman with a loud voice.
  • She had a reddish swarthy complexion, dark brown curling hair, and tended to undervalue others.
  • She liked to dress in a vulgar gaudy way, like someone who had gained money but not the taste to go with it.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

和訳をお願いいたします

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたのみで。 お願いできますでしょうか? 1段落の前半部分ですので、 内容が途中になりますが、 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 His mother was small square, with a reddish swarthy complexion dark brown curling hair, and a loud voice. She was a conceited woman, who always thought she knew best. And tended to undervalued others. She was a woman who had advanced herself in life. Liked dress an ornamentation, but in a vulgar gaudy way like one who had gained money but not the taste to go with it.

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9727/12099)
回答No.1

以下のとおりお答えします。ソウル・メイトの母親を説明しているようです。気の毒なほど、ケチョンケチョンにこき下ろされています! >His mother was small square, with a reddish swarthy complexion dark brown curling hair, and a loud voice. She was a conceited woman, who always thought she knew best. And tended to undervalued others. ⇒彼の母親は、小柄ながらがっしりした体つき、日焼け色の顔、暗褐色の巻き毛を持った、声の大きい人でした。彼女は、自尊心の高い女性で、つねに自分が最もよく知っていると思っていました。そして、他人を過小評価する傾向がありました。 >She was a woman who had advanced herself in life. Liked dress an ornamentation, but in a vulgar gaudy way like one who had gained money but not the taste to go with it. ⇒彼女は、人生行路でみずからしゃしゃり出る女性でした。着飾るのが好きでしたが、それも、嗜好の似合わない小金持ちのような、下品でケバケバしいやり方の飾り方でした。

toom1005
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。おっしゃる通り、相当ですね(笑)。想像を絶します…。読み物としては面白いですね。コメントありがとうございます。丁寧にわかりやすく訳していただきとてもありがたく思います。本当にありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

When things go wrong, I urge you to stop thinking about yourself. If you look around, you will see that everybody has disappointments, often far worse than yours. Watch and study how other women and men cope with disappointments. Many face their problems with courage and determination. Their example can inspire you to find the strength to react.  I would like to share with you the moving story of a young woman who courageously overcome the stress caused by a terrible burn accident. This young woman was a talented and successful ballerina. Dancing gave meaning to her life. Whenever she danced, she communicated the joy in her heart and the inspiration in her soul to the people who watched.  One Christmas day when she was preparing a special dinner for family, her dress caught fire. Within second, she became a human torch. The flames burned so quickly and cruelly into her flesh that she was mad with pain. She would have died if her father had not heard scream. He laced kitchen, threw himself on top of her, and put out the fire with his own body.

• 長文ですが、英文和訳教えてください!!

ナスカの地上絵を、祖国から離れてでも守ろうとする女性の話です。 宜しくお願いします! Maria Reiche was born on May 15,1903,in Dresden,German. She graduated from the Dresden Technical University,whereshe studied mathematics,geography,and foreign languages. In 1932,Maria was a 29-year-old unmarried woman who was not happy with the political mood in Germany,especially with the rise of the Nazi party and a frightening leader named Adolf Hitler. She looked for any possible way to leave her country. One day,Maria found an ad in the newspaper asking for a woman to work as a nanny and a teacher for two children of a German consul living in Cusco,Peru. Soon after she applied for the job,she was hired. So off she sailed,full of hope for a better future. Maria loved the Andean mountains and enjoyed her years working with the two children in the ancient Inca capital of Cusco. At this time she had not even heard about the Lines of Nazca. In 1939,Maria was teaching in Lima,the capital of Peru, and doing scientific translations. By then ,Germany was already at war in Europe, so she didn't want to go back to her country. Then Maria heard from an American scientist in Lima about the mysterious Lines and Figures of Nazca,which he had recently seen from an airplane . She was interested enough to take a flight herself in a small plane over the Nazca desert(pampa) . When she saw the figures from the airplane of the spider, the hummingbird and the monkey ,she was so fascinated by them that she moved to Nazca to study the Lines herself.Maria Ruiche made many flights by plane and helicopter ,taking photographs of the many lines and figures on the pampa. She was especially drawn to the image of the monkey, but when she enlarged the photos she had taken, she was amazed to see that one hand had only four fingers...just like her. When she first came to Peru , one finger was amputated after it developed gangrene from a cactus infection. She then learned that Peruvian ancestors believed that this was a mark from the God of Thunder, which gave special power to communicate with the gods. For the next 40years, Maria lived alone on the pampa in a tiny one-room house , just to study and guard the mysterious Lines of Nazca/ One of the biggest threats to preserving the Lines was the Pan American Highway that cut across the pampa, slicing the picture of the long , crocodile-looking lizard in half. After Maria published a few articles about the Lines , more and more people started coming to Nazca so they could go out on the pampa to see the figures and lines for themselves. Maria persuaded the government of Peru to make the pampa a restricted area,so no one could walk on the desert except her assistant and herself. She was given many honors by the Peruvian government before she died, including Honorary Citizen of Peru and the title of Great Lady of Nazca. Everyone in the town of Nazca had grown to love and respect this woman who had come from far away to reveal to them the secrets of their ancestors , secrets that had been hidden out in plain sight for two thousand years.

• 和訳お願いします

She was given many honors by the Peruvian government before she died, including Honorary Citizen of Peru and the title of Great Lady of Nazca. Everyone in the town of Nazca had grown to love and respect this woman who had come from far away to reveal to them the secrets of their ancestors, secrets that had been hidden out in plain sight for two thousand years. honorary;名誉の

• 和訳してくださいm(_ _)m

In 1967, Hunter "Patch" Adams entered the Medical College of Virginia. He was a very bright student, but one of the professors did not like him. Patch loved fun andhumor and acted like a fool even in college. The professor said to him, "If you want to be a clown, join the circus!" In fact, Patch wanted to be a clown, but he also wanted to but a doctor-the best foolish doctor in the world-who really cares for his patients. When he was a medical student, Patch had a chance to visit very sick children in a hospital. He asked a girl if she was doing fine. But the girl didn't answer. He quickly put something red on his nose and began acting like a clown. The room was soon full of laughter, and all the children there felt better. Patch did many other foolish things. For example, he rolled down a hill with a patient who was suffering from mental problems. He even dressed like a wild animal for an old patient who had the dream of going hunting before his death.

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

I was doing some last-minute Christmas shopping in a toy store and decided to look at Barbie dolls for my nieces. A nicely dressed little girl was excitedly looking through the Barbie dolls as well, with a roll of money clamped tightly in her little hand. When she came upon a Barbie she liked, she would turn and ask her father if she had enough money to buy it. He usually said "yes," but she would keep looking and keep going through their ritual of "do I have enough?"  As she was looking, a little boy wandered in across the aisle and started sorting through the Pokemon toys. He was dressed neatly, but in clothes that were obviously rather worn, and wearing a jacket that was probably a couple of sizes too small. He too had money in his hand, but it looked to be no more than five dollars or so at the most. He was with his father as well, and kept picking up the Pokemon video toys. Each time he picked one up and looked at his father, his father shook his head,"no".

• 和訳してください。

英語に詳しい方、翻訳機を使わずに和訳してください。 細かい部分がよく理解できません。 I trying to convince her that she didn't need to ask me for everything, that I wasn't always right about everything, that she should speak up and stand up for herself and argue with me when I had the wrong idea... but she just didn't want to learn. Deep down inside, I discovered, she was the sort of woman who wanted a strong man to dominate her, whom she could lean on and rely on for anything she needed. She wanted to feel safe and taken care of. I don't think that's a bad thing on its own... but over those years I started to become a man I don't want to be: arrogant, controlling, overconfident. Like I couldn't help but enjoy all that power she was always giving me. But I don't want to be that man. And I don't want to live that relationship. I *have* to be able to grow, to learn, to always be taking life as a new lesson, but how can I do that if I'm never wrong about anything? It was too tempting, and it made me a darker person. So, though I loved her very much and it tore my heart to do it, I had to end our relationship. I was not the man she was looking for, even though she wanted me to be. And she was not the woman I have been looking for, even though I desperately loved her beauty and inner light

• VOA 

When she started working in the 1970s, Campbell found it was more difficult to compete for positions and succeed. When she was turned down for a position, she was told the woman who had the position before did not work out and that no other woman would be hired in her place. よく分からないのは二つ目のwhen以下です。 彼女は役職に就く事を断られた?とはどういう意味でしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳をお願いします!

(1)The story that Sir Walter Raleigh first planted them in Ireland is probably a myth.  (2)The driver explained, ' There was a notice in today's paper that you were arriving in Paris from the south of France.' (3)He had a vague notion, if he ever formulated it, that nice men treated them with a polite but rather distant chivalry. (4)The money made from goods produced by factories can be used to buy the food that is still needed and cannot be produced at home. (5)It is natural that industrialists should choose areas favored with these conditions in order to build factories. (6)In 1795, France was having a hard time.She was not only fighting most of Europe, but she was also in the midst of a revolution at home. (7)We had blizzard one day that came up sudden and you couldn't see your hand in front of your face. よろしくお願いします!

• 和訳をお願いします。

The convoys of wounded were met a few miles from El Arish by infantry with sandcarts lent by the 52nd (Lowland) Division, so the wounded who had endured the cacolets travelled in comfort to the receiving station, arriving at 04:00 on 25 December. The 52nd (Lowland) Division supplied medical stores and personnel to assist, but although arrangements were made for evacuation to the railhead two days later, evacuation by sea was planned. This had to be postponed due to a gale with rain and hail on 27 December and it was not until 29 December that the largest single ambulance convoy organised in the campaign, 77 sandcarts, nine sledges and a number of cacolet camels, moved out in three lines along the beach with 150 wounded.

• 和訳していただけると嬉しいです(>人<;)

和訳していただけると嬉しいです(>人<;) It was 8:30 a.m. on August 6th,1978.After a journey of twenty-four hours,an airplane landed at Katmandu airport in Nepal.On the plane was a group of eleven women.They were all very excited,but also a little afraid,as they had flown America to climb Annapurna. ?For the next few days,the women enjoyed the sights,sounds,and smells of Katmandu.Arlene Blum loved it there,but as leader of the climbing team,she had a lot to do.One of her jobs was to meet the Sherpas who would carry their help would make the climb easier and safer. ?Alison Chadwick,however,disagreed with Arlene.‘Why are we using Sherpas?'she asked Arlene. ’We should climb Annapurna without men' ?Arlene was silent.She knew that they would need the Sherpas if conditions on the mountain became difficult.She wanted the climb to be as safe as possible.She listened to Alison's opinion,but Arlene ?knew that she,as leader,had to decide in the end. ?Another problem for Arlene was food.She had a meeting with Joan,who was taking care of food for the team.‘How's the shopping,Joan?'she asked her.Joan gave her a list of everything she had bought.‘I don't think there are enough different kinds of food,'said Arlene.‘We can't eat only rice.People will stop eating on the mountain if the food is't interesting.We need more meat and fruit.' ?Arlene almost became angry,because they had talked about this same problem before.She had seen climbers who had stopped eating high on the mountain,and she did not want to see this team fail for the same reason.‘Buy the food today,Joan,'she ordered.‘It's very important.' ?The next day the team left Katmandu for Pokhara,where the long walk to the mountain would start.It was 130 kilometers to the foot of the mountain,and it would take them eleven days to get there. ?Then the monsoon rains came.August was the worst month for rain.Never the village of Ghorapani it suddenly started to rain very hard.The rain brought new problems for Arlene.Lopsang Tsering,the head Sherpa,c