• ベストアンサー

nevertheless nonetheless

1 The kimchi was spicy. _________, the children enjoyed it. 2 The kimchi is expensive. _________, we bought them. nevertheless とnonetheless のどちらが入りますか? 解説もお願いいたします。 よろしくお願いいたいます。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 92128bwsd
  • ベストアンサー率58% (2275/3919)
回答No.1

どちらを入れても正解と思います。 nevertheless, nonethelessはたいていの辞書で同義語として扱われています。下記のサイト(あくまでも素人の議論です)では、回答らしきことを言っている人もいます。 http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/72134/difference-between-nevertheless-and-nonetheless nonethelessは、”にもかかわらず~である。の~がamaountにかかわるケースで、neverthelessは~が行為にかかわる場合だ”と言っています。それをそのまま当てはめれば、1.はnonetheless, 2.はnevertheless になりますが、”nonethelessとneverthelessは交換可能で、交換すると多少ニュアンスが変わるけど結果は一緒”みたいな事も言っていて、信用するしない以前に、英語圏の人でも個人個人のニュアンスの方が大きいように感じます。 一方で、文中で使われる場所に差があると言う人もいますが、これは実際の文例を見ると明らかで、 neverthelessは前のセンテンスを受けて、センテンスの冒頭で使われるケースが多いのに対して、nonethelessは、二つ以上の節があるセンテンスで、あとの方のセンテンスの途中で使われるか、センテンスの最後に使われるケースが多い様です。 http://sentence.yourdictionary.com/nevertheless http://sentence.yourdictionary.com/nonetheless ただ、絶対と言う物でもなく、またここでのケースではセンテンスの冒頭と言うことになりますが、nonethlessが来てもおかしくないと思います。

wordbuilder
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 実は後日学校からもらった回答は逆でした。 量なのか行為なのか、なかなかつかめませんが、ネイティブでもとらえる感覚で変わるのかもしれませんね。 the children enjoyed it (so much.)→量?行為? we bought (some of) them.→行為 かな?量? どちらがきてもおかしくないということがよくわかりました。 ありがとうございました

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• nonthelessとnevertheless

Nevertheless, it is fascinating. Nonethelessを英英辞書で引くと、類義語にneverthelessが出てました。 nonethelessとneverthelessは入れ替えても同じ意味となると考えてよろしいでしょうか? 片方が使えて、もう片方が使えない状況というのはあるのでしょうか?

• 英語

enough+to-V に書き換える問題です! 和訳もお願いします! (1)These tomatoes are quite ripe.We may eat them. (2)That test was very easy. Everyone was able to pass it. (3)On Sundays this street is quiet and safe.The children may play in it. (4)Flank is very strong.He can lift that heavy rock. (5)The Smiths are quite rich. They can buy a new car. (6)Johnny is 5.He can go to school now.

• 文法の質問です。

if we could understand who it was who made them. who it was who made them ここの部分文法が分かりません。 分かる方教えていただけるでしょうか?

• who it was who made them

it would be extremely interesting if we could always find out who it was who made them. 作り出すのがだれであるかがわかれば、さぞおもしろいでしょう。 新しい言葉の話なのですが、who it was who made them.の構成がよく分かりません。 作り出すのがだれ who made themで充分に思えます。 お願いします。

• 英語の問題です。

We had staeted a band with Bill. Bill left to join another band. 「Bill」を先行詞として一文にしてください。 The story seems a bit too difficult for children. It has originally written for them. 「children」を先行詞として一文にしてください。 This is a book about a scientist. Very little is known about him. 「a scientist」を先行詞として一文にしてください。 Daniel was elected president of the student goverment. Almost all the students relied on him. 「Daniel」を先行詞として一文にしてください。

• 英語の文章に対する質問の解答についてです。

Lost Luggage Report Name Hiroshi Takahashi Flight no. JAL0054 Airports New York (JFK) to Tokyo (NRT) Date May14, 2011 Email address hirotaka337@tnt.net Description of bag Large red suitcase, about 5 years old. Secured with black strap around it. Not in good condition. Slight tear in fabric in top righthand corner. Name and address witten on leather tag attached to handle. Contents Clothing, toiletries. E-mail To Todd Samson From:Hiroshi Tanaka Subject: Thank you! Dear Todd, Thank you so much for your hospitality in New York. Emiko and I really enjoyed meeting you and Rosemary, and your staff, and we especially enjoyed your wonderful party. We’re now back home safely in Tokyo. It was a comfortable flight back, but when we arrived at Narita airport, one of our suitcases was missing! It was the one that contained all the gifts we had bought for our kids. I thought the bag would probably be arriving on the next flight from New York, but in fact, the airline had sent my bag to London by mistake! Anyway, everything was fine in the end. The airline delivered the suitcase to my house two days later. The kids were very happy to finally get their presents. I look forward to seeing you and Rosemary in Tokyo one day. Best wishes, Hiroshi 1. What does the Lost Luggage Report tell us about Hiroshi’s suitcase? (A)It is new. (B)It contains gifts. (C)It is slightly damaged. (D)It has a black handle. 2. What did Hiroshi expect to happen with his bag? (A)It would be badly damaged. (B)It would arrive very soon. (C)It would not be returned. (D)It would arrive in a few days. 3. Why were the children likely disappointed when their parents came home? (A)Their parents did not have any presents for them. (B)They had lost the children’s favorite bag. (C)They arrived home later than expected. (D)Their parents had not bought presents for them. 4. Which word is closest in meaning to ‘’tag’’ in passage 1, line 10? (A)damage (B)decoration (C)cover (D)label この英文に対する質問の解答として適切なものは、 1.C 2.B 3.A 4.D で正しいでしょうか?それとも、2番目はBではなく、Dでしょうか?

• 英語の関係詞の問題について

関係詞の問題がややこしくてほとんどりかいできません。 一応はやってみたのですが、まったく自信がありません。 間違っているところを教えてください↓ 次の各組の文を下線部を先行詞にして関係代名詞を用いて1文にしなさい。と言う問題です 1.Do you know the shop? It sells beautiful flowers. 私の答え:Do you know the shop which sells beautiful flowers? 2.The garden has a tennis court. It is in front of the house. 私の答え:The garden which is in front of the house. 3.Look at the house . Its window is broken. 私の答え:Look at the house which window is broken. 4.The camera was very expensive. My aunt bought it for me. 私の答え:The camera whose My aunt bought for me was very expensive. 4番はやり方が2つあったりしますかね…? あやふやな質問ごめんなさい なんだか全滅なきがします。いえ、きっと全滅です。 ご回答よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳宜しくお願いいたします

The best memory I have had so far of Junior High School was its Field Day. This was the best because my friends and I joined the cheering competition. We danced and sang our school song. I still remember song's title " PUT THE TITLE here" My heart was filled with joy on this day. Unfortunately, we did not win and I honestly felt bad about it because we only got the 2nd prize. Nevertheless, I have learned from this experience; it is the importance of friendship, cooperation and sportsmanship. I am thankful and I will forever treasure this memory.

• 表記のことで考えすぎ? ご意見下さい。

1 I like football team is Tomita Bru. →= I like Tomita Bru. 2 I visited country was China →= I visited China. 3 I bought clothes was a T-shirt. →= I bought a T-shirt. 4 I read book was Y. →= I read Y. 5 I saw movie was XX. →= I saw XX. とある教育サイトで 書き方の例文であったのですが、 1,2,3,4,5の基準文達の中の無冠詞がきになっています。 ー1 I have one(a) favorite football team. The name is ○○. ー2  I visited a country. It was China. ー3 I bought a clothes. That was a T-shirt. ー4 I read a book. That was Y. ー5 I saw a movie. That was XX. のように するのが自然なのかな? 解説を読むに 初出の話としてそれぞれが挙がっているようです。 無理からに 一文にしてしまうとなんか違和感があるような気がするのですが それは考えすぎですか?  それとも このような例文はよくあるものなのでしょうか? ご意見が聞きたいです。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• ニュアンスの違いについて

こんにちは。現在高校2年生のものです。 this is because S V...と this is why S V...のしっかりとした違いと、 still(but still)と nonetheless neverthelessのイメージの違いが分かりません。 しっかりとした違いはあるのでしょうか? あるのでしたら、教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。