ブックメーカーとは何ですか?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • ブックメーカーは特定の状況で音声が不可能な場合に使用される特別なジェスチャーです。
  • ブックメーカーは工場内の騒音、軍事状況の機密、競馬場でのブックメーカー同士の距離、聴覚障害などの理由で使用されます。
  • イタリアとギリシャでは、日常的に使用されるジェスチャーは主に感情の状態や意図した行動を示すために使用されます。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

ブックメイカー

Special gestures are devised where speech is impossible: because of the noise in factories; secrecy in some military situations; distance between bookmakers on racecourses; or deafness. The gestures in every day use in Italy and Greece are mainly to indicate emotional states and intended actions. 英文解釈の質問です。文法的な構造はよく分かるのですが、ジェスチャーの具体例として引き合いに出されているブックメーカーの部分のところがよくわかりません。これは何を言っているのでしょうか。背景知識のある方、よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.3

こんばんは。競馬のブックメーカーのジェスチャーですか。私もイギリスやアメリカの競馬なんか行ったことあるわけじゃないですし、何も知りませんでしたがちょっとネットで検索してみました。 イギリスの競馬は、広い競馬場で、いろんなブックメーカーがそれぞれ独自の掛け率を設定して、お客に賭けさせるみたいですね。 それで、状況が刻々変わるのを、互いに?(じゃなくて、同じブックメーカーの使用人どうしが?なんでしょうかね。よくわかりません)広い競馬場のあちらとこちらで伝えあうのに、ジェスチャーを使ったようですね。 今はほんとに良い時代で、動画が見られます。こんな感じらしい。 Bookmakers, Tic Tac Men And Punters (1947) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWaXtlV2nbc Tic Tac Man というのがジェスチャーで伝える人なんですね。 下記リンクの動画では、ほとんど口頭の説明なので私もさっぱり聞き取れません(汗)が、1分10秒~1分30秒過ぎのあたりで、1~10までをどうやって示すかを実際にやってます。 The role of Tic Tac men at the Aintree Grand National me… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZUidqDWpwg 下記リンクの動画では、単純な数字じゃなくて、何対何の掛け率をそれぞれどういうジェスチャーで示すかを実技で見せています。 Barry Dennis Tic Tac https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3oUDsOyz7E いろんなサイトを見ると、もうパソコンや携帯に取ってかわられて、こういうやり方はすっかり廃れて見られなくなってしまった、といったことが書いてありますね。 競馬の賭けのやり方が日本とだいぶ違うので私も細かくはよくわかりませんが、競馬のブックメーカーのジェスチャーは外見的にどんなイメージか?という点ではこんな説明でも多少は足しになるのじゃないかと思い、ネットで探してみた結果をご紹介しました。

その他の回答 (2)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

ジェスチャーの具体例として引き合いに出されているブックメーカーの部分のところがよくわかりません。これは何を言っているのでしょうか。 下記のように競技の胴元のことです。  http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=bookmaker  https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%96%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF%E3%83%A1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%AB%E3%83%BC  http://bookmaker.luckyjapan.club/

noname#212313
noname#212313
回答No.1

> Special gestures are devised where speech is impossible: because of the noise in factories; secrecy in some military situations; distance between bookmakers on racecourses; or deafness. 「特殊なジェスチャーが工夫されるのは、工場で騒音がひどいとか、何らかの軍事行動で機密事項の伝達とか、競馬場で互いに離れたすぎた胴元同士とか、難聴のためなど、口で話すのが適さないときである。」 > The gestures in every day use in Italy and Greece are mainly to indicate emotional states and intended actions. 「イタリアやギリシャでは、主に感情を表すためや、何をしようとしているか伝えるために、ジェスチャーが日常的に使われている。」  第一文ですが、「:」がありますが、後述するように"because of"以降が長く、かつ並列的になるため、読みやすさを考えて置かれています。無くても文として成立します。 「:」以降が「;」で四つに分けられていますが、最初の"becouse of (the)"が「;」で区切られた以降それぞれにも対応させるようになっているためです。"because of"を繰り返し書くと、 1.because of the noise in factories(騒音) 2.because of the secrecy in some military situations(機密) 3.because of the distance between bookmakers on racecourses(距離) 4.because of the deafness(難聴) のように理由を並べ立てているわけです。これら四つが、"speech is impossible"の理由だというわけです。 P.S.  上記の3ですが、競馬の賭けを受け付ける側(胴元)は、客のがどの馬にどれだけ賭けたかで、賞金倍率の調整と発表などをリアルタイムで変えながら行っていました。胴元側の各担当の持ち場は離れているため、叫んでも聞こえず、身振り手振りを使ったわけです。  似たような状況は、今のように電子化される前の株式の売買を行う証券取引所でもありました。一堂に会した、あまりにも大勢が一斉に売買の申告を行うため、口頭では取引できず、身振り手振りで企業名、売りか買いか、いくらで何株か、などを身振り手振りで伝えていました。

関連するQ&A

• process intervent

以下の文のprocess interventionsとは具体的にどういうことか教えてください。 Process interventions are intended to increase group members's awareness of the implications and consequences of its members's actions on others and on the group.

• ??

"Politics and formal culture in Greece and Rome were mainly affairs of the cities - which means that they were of intense concern only to a minority of the population." ここにある、they were of intense concernの意味を教えてください!

• この英文の訳を教えて頂きたいのですが・・・

They are involved in the students' behavioral, social, and academic development, helping the students develop emotionally, feel comfortable in social situations, and be aware of socially acceptable behavior. この英文の訳をどなたか教えていただけませんか(>д<;)

• 和訳していただけませんか?

どなたか( )にはいる適切な語を選んで和訳していただけませんか? New with the effect of the stimulus package introduced in 2008 and 2009, the markets of the US, China and Japan are showing signs of abating. However, economists warn that the real depression still (lays/lies/place) ahead due mainly to huge fiscal deficits. In fact, several developed countries including Japan, Greece, Spain, the UK and the US are plagued by huge budget deficits. Experts argue that possible default might (trigger/ affect/ modify) the second stage of a Great Depression. If that happens, will the world be able to weather the crisis?

• 英語の訳をお願いします・・。

簡単にでもいいので、冷やかし無しで和訳お願いします・・。 If useful comparisons are to be made among four companies and then fourscore more, and if decisions and actions in these firms are to indicate something about the history of the industrial enterprise as an institution, the terms and concepts used in these comparisons and analyses must be carefully and precisely defined. Otherwise comparisons and findings can be more misleading than instructive. The fillowing set of general or theoretical propositions attempts to provide some sort of conceptual precision. Without reference to historical reality, they try to explain in fairly clear-cut, over simplified terms how the modern, "decentralized" structure came into being.

• 和訳お願いします;

和訳ができません;; And finally, timely and coherent responses are required /in those situations  where people are forced /to flee due to the impact of climate change,both directly and as an accelerator of other drivers of displacement, such as natural disasters, food insecurity and conflict. がすごいぎこちない訳になります 「both directly and ~」以降がどうもうまく訳せません; よろしくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• 英文を日本語訳して下さい。

This caused Great Britain to declare war against the German Empire, as the action violated the Treaty of London that both nations signed in 1839 guaranteeing Belgian neutrality and defense of the kingdom if a nation reneged. Subsequently several states declared war on Germany, in late August 1914; Italy declaring war on Austria-Hungary in 1915 and Germany on August 27, 1916; the United States declaring war on Germany on April 6, 1917 and Greece declaring war on Germany in July 1917.

• 和訳をお願いします。

以下の和訳をお願いします。 Consider Z-Card, which sells information and advertising materials mostly in the form of pocket-size foldout cards. The company is privately held, with annual revenue of about £6 million, or $9.3 million, and has a staff of 34. Only 16 are Britons. The rest are mainly from other countries in the European Union.

• made gestures

My husband and I are in our 30s and live on the East Coast. My entire extended family (15 people) lives in the Midwest. We see my aunts and uncles when we visit my parents twice a year. I talk to my parents, brother and grandmother on the phone regularly, but I would like to develop a closer relationship with one aunt and uncle, in particular. They don't have kids of their own. They're great role models and they've always made gestures toward me. They taught me how to cook and bake from scratch. made gesturesはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 長文を日本語にお願いします。

本当によくわからないんです。英語がとても苦手で。よろしくお願いします。翻訳機は変な日本語になってしまって理解ができません。 Fernandez said TelePizza outsells its Hut and Pizza World-combined. The company has a fleet of more than 2,000 motorbikes in Spain and sells 25,000 pizzas daily in the Spanish market. About two-thirds, of TelePizza outlets in Spain are franchises while 90 percent of the 40 stores abroad are company-owned. In addition to Spain, there are TelePizza outlets in Mexico, Columbia, Chile, Portugal, Belgium, Greece and Poland-with stores in France and Brazil set to open before year's end. "We plan to go into the U.S. in due time," Fernandez said. "For now we are maturing and learning form growth markets."