• ベストアンサー
※ ChatGPTを利用し、要約された質問です(原文:和訳お願いします。)

和訳お願いします

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Alas! it was a thrilling look--a look which no girl could sustain without emotion; and spellbound under it, I stood in a maze, alone and in utter darkness.
  • While my emotions were at their height a bell rang. It was the front door-bell, and it meant the arrival of the engines.
  • As the bell rang a second time, a light broke on the staircase I was so painfully watching, and Mr. Allison descended, lamp in hand, as he had gone up.

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9736/12113)
回答No.2

「補足」への書き込みをありがとうございました。 >3番目の文のなかに broke on がありますが、熟語辞典を見ますと、・・・ににわかに現れる、というのがありました。文脈から言ってもこの方が当を得ているように思われました。 ⇒あ、ご指摘のとおりです! break on~とか break upon~で、「(~に)突然現れる」という意味ですよね。私は完全に間違っておりました。すみません。 私は、a light broke / on the staircaseのように切れると考えて、誤訳してしまいました。この段落、次のように訂正の上再送申しあげます。 As the bell rang a second time, a light broke on the staircase I was so painfully watching, and Mr. Allison descended, lamp in hand, as he had gone up. 2回目のベルが鳴るとともに、私がとても辛い思いで見つめていた階段上の明かりが突然つきました。そして、上にあがっていた、アリソン氏がランプを手にして下りてきました。(つまり、アリソン氏が修理してくれたわけですね?) 以上、お詫びと訂正まで。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (1)

• Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9736/12113)
回答No.1

Alas! it was a thrilling look--a look which no girl could sustain without emotion; and spellbound under it, I stood in a maze, alone and in utter darkness. ああ悲しい! それはぞっとするような様相 -- 少女にとって、感情を揺さぶられることなく、そのままでいることができないような様相でした。そしてその状況下で、私は金縛りに会ったようになり、途方にくれて、ひとりで真っ暗闇の中で立ちつくしていました。 While my emotions were at their height a bell rang. It was the front door-bell, and it meant the arrival of the engines. 私の感情が高ぶっている最中に、ベルが鳴りました。それは正面扉のベルでした。またそれは、エンジンの到着を意味するものでした。 As the bell rang a second time, a light broke on the staircase I was so painfully watching, and Mr. Allison descended, lamp in hand, as he had gone up. 2回目のベルが鳴るとともに、私がとても苦しい思いで見つめていた階段上の電気が切れました。そして、アリソン氏がランプを手にして下りてきました。彼は(上に)上がっていたからです。

himara3272
質問者

補足

Nakav702さん回答有難うございました。3番目の文のなかに broke on がありますが、熟語辞典を見ますと、・・・ににわかに現れる、というのがありました。文脈から言ってもこの方が当を得ているように思われました。 ともかく有難うございました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳お願いします

I remember once when Kruesi brought in a thermopile whose alloy contained much sulphur;it was polished so brightly that it resembled gold. Edison, Upton,Batchelor and several others were seated about my testing table when Kruesi brought it.Edison took the bar from Kruesi weighed it up and down in his hand,and said to Upton,'We have it this who understood at once that a joke was coming. Kruesi appeared perplexed and inquisitive;before he could utter a word, Edison said,'I suppose the best thing to do now is to close up the whole ''shop and laboratory.'

• 和訳お願いします

Yuri soon found the animal's body leaning against a store in a nearby town. (While he was away, his cousin had sold it to the store owner for two snowmobiles.) Dogs had eaten part of the tail and ear, but overall, it was still in "as close to perfect condition as you can imagine," says scientist Daniel Fisher. With help from the police, the body was taken by helicopter to a museum. The animal was a baby mammoth, and scientists called it Lyuba, after Yuri's wife.

• ざっくりと和訳をお願いします

I purchased the razor to be used as a regular shaver, and if it was offered as a collectible rather than a shaver, then it would be my mistake and will keep it.

• 和訳をお願いします!!!

It was in 1979 that the systematization of postwar pedagogy was culminated, while the educational system, which postwar pedagody had examined as an object of analysis and criticism, manifested its functional failures in the form of a series of pathological phenomeon in education like school bullying or violence, clearly representing and revealing a division between theory and reality.

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳をお願いします 長くなってすみません(>_<) One of the most popular and successful sitcoms was Seinfeld. It was on TV from 1989 to 1998. The show was named after the main character, Jerry Seinfeld, and it had four main characters-Jerry and his three single friends. They often got together at Jerry's apartment or in a local diner in New York City. Many episodes were based on the writers' real-life experiences, such as waiting in line at the movies, going out for dinner, or shopping for clothes. The show had no central theme. In fact, the creators called it a “show about nothing.” Even so, it won several major awards such as the Emmy and the Golden Globe Award.

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

I was doing some last-minute Christmas shopping in a toy store and decided to look at Barbie dolls for my nieces. A nicely dressed little girl was excitedly looking through the Barbie dolls as well, with a roll of money clamped tightly in her little hand. When she came upon a Barbie she liked, she would turn and ask her father if she had enough money to buy it. He usually said "yes," but she would keep looking and keep going through their ritual of "do I have enough?"  As she was looking, a little boy wandered in across the aisle and started sorting through the Pokemon toys. He was dressed neatly, but in clothes that were obviously rather worn, and wearing a jacket that was probably a couple of sizes too small. He too had money in his hand, but it looked to be no more than five dollars or so at the most. He was with his father as well, and kept picking up the Pokemon video toys. Each time he picked one up and looked at his father, his father shook his head,"no".

• 和訳お願いします。

"Oh," said Tommy. "What a waste! When you're through with the book, you just throw it away, I guess. Our television screen must have had a million books on it, and it's good for many more. I wouldn't throw it away." "Same with mine," said Margie. She was 11 and hadn't seen as many telebooks as Tommy had. He was 13. She said, 'Where did you find it?' "In my house." He pointed without looking, because he was busy reading. "In the attic." "What's it about?" "School."

• 和訳をお願いします!

和訳をお願いします! ナレーション部分 The sensors in each room indicated they'd(窃盗犯) spent two hours moving about in the museum. Given that amount of time, the devastation of the paintings was all the more senseless. 以下は証言(警察?) Although it's considered by many people the art crime of the century, and in terms of value and in terms of sort of impact, it is. If you look at the details of it, it was also a botched crime. It was a crime in which a lot of good works of art that were there for the taking, were missed and art work that was taken was cut from its frames, which is obviously not something you want to do with irreplaceable Rembrandts. 有名な絵画が強奪された事件のドキュメンタリー番組です。 どうしても内容が理解できません。。。 長文ですがよろしくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• 和訳よろしくお願いします。

英女優さん(KRISTEN BELL)へのインタビューです。 Q: What was it like having Jamie Lee Curtis and working with Sigourney weaver? A: They are both hilarious and brilliant. I clicked into high-school mode really quickly and I was like:"OK, I need to make everybody like me. I will bring you coffee and compliment you". But very soon i realised they haven't worked for decades because they have bad personalities. They're really cool women and they're really good at being in movies. They welcomed me with open arms as a peer, which was the ultimate form of flattery. この人は、ジェミーリーカーチスとシガニーウイバーのことを褒めてるんでしょうか。それとも、悪口言ってますか?

• 和訳お願いします

Many were the train rides taken by the boys as well as by the numerous visitors arriving dailys to see the first real electric railroad in America. Of course there were accidents but none of a series nature,Iam happy to say.One June day in 1880,my former chief,G.P.Lowrey,was taken for a ride in company with Calvin Goddard,treasurer of the Edison Electric Light Company,of New York.Kruesi,who was the driver of the engine this time,put on the 'juice'and the train sped along with a velocity that brought a protest from Lowrey as they rounded a curve. Edison,who was with the party,smiled and said it was all right.'I'd rather you'd go slown on curves', said Lowreys as they were about to make the return trip.Kruesi, however,who wanted to make a good showing with such important guests,'soaked the juice'into the locomotive.As they ran a short curve the train jumped the track, Kruesi was thrown face down in the dirt and Force was shot into the underbrush after as fine a somersault as any circus athlete could turn.Edison was off in a second,laughing;it was a daisy of an accident,he said.That gave Kruesi courage, with dirt and blood over his face,he replied,'Oh yes,it's pairfeckly safe.' Lowrey delighted in relating this incident and in repeating with Kruesi's foreign accent,'Oh yes it's pairfeckly safe.'