Learning English and Cultural Differences

このQ&Aのポイント
  • My major is Business and I like playing soccer and watching World Cup now. My English skill is still the process of learning. My goal is studying English in the USA, and getting a god job in Japan after going back to Japan.
  • Japanese and English have a totally different grammar. For example, English usually indicates "subject" the first of sentences, on the other hand, Japanese indicates "subject" the end of sentences. Likewise, there are many small differences, so I often confuse them.
  • American are usually individualism, so they do not care about other people, so it is difficult for me to get used to American life without speaking English. However, I like studying new language because I can understand more about people. I will keep studying English forever, even after I am going back to Japan. I am really excited about this class.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

文法ミスチェックしてください

My major is Business and I like playing soccer and watching World Cup now. My English skill is still the process of learning. My goal is studying English in the USA, and getting a god job in Japan after going back to Japan. I have been learning English since I went to America. It is difficult for me to learning new language because Japanese and English have a totally different grammar. For example, English usually indicates "subject" the first of sentences, on the other hand, Japanese indicates "subject" the end of sentences. Likewise, there are many small differences, so I often confuse them. In my opinion, American are usually individualism, so they do not care about other people, so it is difficult for me to get used to American life without speaking English. However, I like studying new language because I can understand more about people. I will keep studying English forever, even after I am going back to Japan. I am really excited about this class.

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9722/12094)
回答No.2

以下のとおりお答えします。質問者様の原文・カッコ内に説明・添削文の順に列記します。 My major is Business and I like playing soccer and watching World Cup now. (「主専攻が経営学」と、次の「英語能力がまだ不十分」という文の間に、サッカーの話題を挟むのは、文脈に合わないので、思い切って省きましょう。) ⇒My major is Business, so I'd like to be good at English. My English skill is still the process of learning. My goal is studying English in the USA, and getting a god job in Japan after going back to Japan. (「目標」とするよりは、「計画」がいいでしょう。目標はその後で考えるべきことでしょうから。) ⇒But my English skill is still too poor to make good use of it. Therefore I'm planning on studying English in USA, and, if possible, on getting a god job after comming back here to Japan. I have been learning English since I went to America. It is difficult for me to learning new language because Japanese and English have a totally different grammar. ("new language"というと、英語ではない別の言語を想像されかねません。また、「(英語を修得することがむずかしいことを)知った」とすると、より自然に聞こえます。) ⇒I have been learning English since I visited America a few years ago. Then I found that it was quite difficult for me to acquire it because Japanese and English have a totally different grammar. For example, English usually indicates "subject" the first of sentences, on the other hand, Japanese indicates "subject" the end of sentences. Likewise, there are many small differences, so I often confuse them. (「日本語の主語は位置が決まっていない」・「しばしば省略される」のが実際のところでしょう。) ⇒For example, English usually indicates "subject" at the first of sentences; on the other hand, in Japanese it's position is not especially determined, moreover it's often omitted. Like this way, there are many other small differences between both the languages, so I often confuse them. In my opinion, American are usually individualism, so they do not care about other people, so it is difficult for me to get used to American life without speaking English. (だいたいこれでいいと思いますが、soの連用は避けましょう。) ⇒In my opinion, the Americans are usually individualistic and they don't care about other people, so it is difficult for me to get used to American life without speaking English. However, I like studying new language because I can understand more about people. I will keep studying English forever, even after I am going back to Japan. I am really excited about this class. (「日本に戻って来てからも」というより、「外国にいる時だけでなく日本にいる時でも」のほうがいいでしょう。また、最後の文は、おそらく担当教師への伝言だと思いますので、改行するといいでしょう。) ⇒For all that, I like studying this language of wide applications because I want to communicate with the Americans and with the people of all over the world. I will keep studying English forever, even when I am not abroad but here in Japan. At the last of this report, I'd like to thank you for this really exciting class. 以上、ご回答まで。

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.1

5行目 to learning→to learn 6行目 new language → a new language 9行目 I often confuse them → I am often confused by them 11行目 American →Americans individualism→individualistic

関連するQ&A

• 英語の文法チェックしてください

Even after I came back to Japan from Australia. I still wanted to go study abroad again, so I was going to the American university after working for a yen in Japan. I had been fighting with homework everyday, I had sometimes regretted about coming to the USA, but I believed that everything is going to wonderful experience in my life in the future. so I did not lose my hope. From my experience both American life and Australia, I would like to know more about people all over the world. Everyone has different characteristics, and all of them are brilliant. so my dream is to be a businessman who works all over the world. That is why I would like to study an international Business. I am not a talented person, however, I can say one thing from bottom of my heart that I always do my best for achieving my goal. 英語の文法ミスおしえていただけないですか?

• どのような意味でしょうか

I am more of a glass-half-empty kind of woman, so it is difficult for me to express myself otherwise. I always seem to want to talk about the what-ifs and my concerns and my personal outlook on things, which always differs from his. This upsets him very much and usually causes him to lash out at me, saying I need to stop this and start thinking about how it ruins the moment for him. ruins the moment for himとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英訳お願いします

I'm currently learning about words like これ、それ、あれ、どれ to make my own sentences but I need practice :). Maybe you can tell me to say something and I will try my best to and you can fix my mistakes? 友人からのメールです。 Maybe以下の文意がいまいち分からないのですが、これは友人が書いた日本語を添削してほしいと言っているだけなのでしょうか?それとも、私も何か書いてほしいのでしょうか、、、、どなたかお願いします。

• EDBってご存知ですか?

EBD intermediateとは何でしょうか? この方は何を教えているのでしょうか? どなたか教えてください。 よろしくお願致します。 Hello My name is ●●. and I teach EBD intermediate and I was interested in learning more about the sister school in Japan.

• 英文チェックしてください

English education in japan is very bad, because which mainly focus on input way of studying such as listening and reading, on the other hand, we don't usually practice output such as writing and speaking. Even though, we have been studying English from middle school to college. TOEFL(test of English language proficiency for non-native English language speakers) score of Japan is at the worst level in Asia. On the other hand, Germany people can speak English very well because English education system in Germany is very good, which focus on more practical, so that people can speak English, they spend more time to speak and writing instead of listening and reading.

• 高校入試レベルの英語

お願いします。 1 次の各組の文がほぼ同じ内容を表すように()に適切な語を書きなさい (1) The girl with long hair is my sister. The girl ( ) ( ) long hair is my sister (2) This question is not as difficult as that one. this question is ( )( ) that one. (3) Tom came to japan last year and is still in Tokyo. Tom ( )( ) in Tokyo since last year. (4) A mouse said to a cat, Please don't eat me. A mouse said to a cat, I don't ( ) you to eat me. 2 次の()に適切な語を書きなさい。 (1) 彼女は私と同じくらいの年齢で、同じくらいの背の高さでした。  She was about my age and was ( )( )( ) I. (2)  彼女が何を言ったのかを理解することは、今度はそんなに難しくありませんでした。   Now ( ) was not so difficult ( ) understand what she said. 以上です。 お願いします。

• 明日急遽英語のスピーチをすることになりました

将来の夢を話すのですが、 以下のようにまとめてみました。 文法など誤りがあったり、 言い回しがおかしかったら訂正お願いします。 Hello! Myname is ○○. Today,I will talk about my dream. My dream is to become one of staff members of the United Nations. There is hardly any reason for my dream. But I'm just fond of Mathematics and English. So,when I thought about my dream,that was it. I have two goals to make my dream come true. First,I have to make more and more efforts for studying every subject to be admitted to a private university in Tokyo. Second,after I enter university I would be have to study not only Mathematics and English but also economics. In conclusion,I will work for the United Nations as a officer in the future. In closing,I would like to thank you for listening so attentively. 以上です。お願いします。

• 英語で自己紹介

以下の自己紹介の文を言葉づかいや英文法を直していただけませんか ありがとうございます。 I am very happy to introduce myself. My name’s Nakajima. I'm from Tokyo. I live in Seto city and I am a university's student in the second year. I was born in Tokyo province in the central of Japan. There are 5 peoples in my family. Parents, brother, sister and me. My father is a saraly man and my mother is housewife. She always takes good care of my family. When I have a free time, I often listen to the music, watch TV, read newspapers and go shopping. On sunday, I usually go to the cafeteria to chat with my friend in the morning. And I always join the English speaking club to improve my speaking skill in the afternoon. I like learning english very much. I have learnt for years at high school and university . but my english is not enough to communication. Therefore, I try my best to learn it now. And I hope i can speak english well one day. I want to be a doctor in the future. My dream is becoming a good husband, having a good wife and pretty childrens . In short, I am really happy with my life. Of course I am going to make it happier and more meaningful.

• 英語の文法チェックしてください

Especially, Australian people are more individualism than Japanese. We tend to care about what people think about. On the other hand, Australian is more likely to do whatever they want. Also, they value their own individuality. I do not know that was good for us, but I just changed my mind after knowing their thinking, and now I always do whatever I want to try as much as possible because my life can not repeat. Anyway, all of my experiences in Australia were amazing for me. The most unforgettable experience over there was learning to appreciate my parents because they always cared about me, and support me all the time. Now, my family is the most precious treasure to me. なにか文法のミスを指摘してもらえるとうれしいです

• 訳がわかりません。

it's all about being yourself. この訳がすごい訳しにくいです。 This is probably my favorite Kyary Pamyu Pamyu song. I also managed to find the English translation of the lyrics (so I could read them), and it's all about being yourself. 全文がこれです。