どっちの英文が難しいか

このQ&Aのポイント
  • アメリカの伝説のスピーチ「I Have a Dream」から始まり、黒人差別の歴史や人種の平等を願ったマーティン・ルーサー・キング・ジュニアのメッセージを紹介しています。
  • 電話の使い方について、注意点を挙げながら語っています。電話の重要性や便利さを説明し、正しい電話の使い方についても述べています。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

どっちの英文が難しいか

(1) Do you often talk on the phone for a long time? I have a sister.Her name is Sachiko.She likes talking on the phone.She sometimes enjoys it for a long time.When my sister talks on the phone,my mother often says to her,so long.When someone needs to call us,he can't.” The telephone is very important in our life today. There are many useful things about it.For example,We can send messages very fast.We can talk easily with people all over the world. But we should remember some things when we use telephones.One night last month there was a phone call while I was sleeping.My family didn't answer it. So I got up and answered it.I said,“Hello.”A man said,“Hi,Takashi.Did you see the soccer game? Who won?”“Takashi? I think you have the wrong number,”I said.Then he hung up the phone.He didn't even say,“I'm sorry.”I got angry.My brother,Hideo,often calls late at night,but we should not do so if it is not urgent.Also,if we call the wrong number,We should say,“I'm sorry.” The telephone is very useful,but we should always remember some important things when we use it.Thank you for listening. (2) In 1963, Dr, Martin Luther King, Fr. stood in front of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C., and gave his famous speech, "I Have a Dream." Dr. King spoke at a time when black Americans faced many difficulties. In some southern states, they could not vote. They could not use the same restaurants, hotels, theaters, or even restroom as whites. Black children had to go to separate schools. Dr.King dreamed of a country where "For Whites Only" signs world would come down everywhere, and people of all races could sit down together at the same table. He dreamed that "my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but the content of their character."He dreamed of a day when America would truly be a land of freedom and justice for all. He dreamed of a day when "all of God's children-black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics-will be able to join hands and to sing the words of the old Negro spiritual, "Free at last, Free at last; thank God Almighty, we are free at last." Forty-five years later, in November 2008, Barack Obama, an African-American, was elected President of the United States. It seemed as though Dr. King dream had come true. 1と2の英文で英文の構造と内容、読みやすさではどっちが難しいですか?

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • ggg_1983
  • ベストアンサー率47% (16/34)
回答No.1

語彙や構文は(1)の方が平易ですが、(2)の方が論旨が明確で分かりやすいですね。

その他の回答 (3)

• oignies
  • ベストアンサー率20% (673/3354)
回答No.4

中学生か高校生の作文と、雑誌の記事くらいのさがあります。うえが中学生の作文、したが、雑誌の記事。語彙のレベルがぜんぜんちがいますね。

• trytobe
  • ベストアンサー率36% (3457/9591)
回答No.3

1.は、しゃべり言葉、それもプライベートで芝居じみた感じでエピソードを、短い文に区切って区切ってまくし立てているイメージ。どれが誰のせりふなの?というのを追うのが文章では難しい。 2.は、しゃべりではまず誤解しやすいような、文章を接続詞で続けたり、関係代名詞を使ったり、間に説明のための節を割り込ませていたり、というのがあり、文章になっていないと分からない人が明らかに増えるつくりになっている。

• marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.2

(1)は小学生レベル、(2)は中学生レベルの英文ですので、 (2)がやや難しいということになります。

関連するQ&A

• 下の英文で間違っているところ、不自然な表現、あまり聞かない表現などがあ

下の英文で間違っているところ、不自然な表現、あまり聞かない表現などがあればおしえてください。 One Saturday evening my boyfriend Hiroshi and I went to a concert. On our way to a concert hall, we met a foreigner having(carrying?) a traveling bag. He was looking around for something with a map in his hand. He seemed at a loss for which way to go. Then I went up and talked to him. He told me he was looking for a hotel, showing me the map.I I knew where the hotel was and suggested to him that I take him there. Hiroshi seemed worried about whether we could arrive before the starting time for a concert. But I couldn't leave him as he was a total stranger here and couldn't understand Japanese at all. We walked to the hotel for a while, and arrived there. He deeply thanked me and we separated. Meanshile, Hiroshi seemed so irritated because it was almost seven o'clock when the concert was scheduled to begin. After leaving the hotel, we went to the concert hall in a hurry. When we got to the hall, it was fifteen minutes past seven. Unfortunately we were not allowed to enter the inside by a hall clerk. Naturally, Hiroshi got mad at me.

• 比較的簡単な英文のおかしいところがあればなおしてください。よろしくおね

比較的簡単な英文のおかしいところがあればなおしてください。よろしくおねがいします。 The first day my husband and I were in Tokyo. We went to a department store and did a lot of shopping. After shopping we got on a taxi in front of the department store to return to the hotel where we stayed. After a while we arrived at the hotel. My husband paid the taxi fare to a driver and we got out of the taxi. We came back to our hotel room. A few minutes later I found my purse was nowhere in our room. But I immediately rememberd having left my purse behind in the taxi. What a terrible thing it was! I wondered if I should try to call a taxi company but did'nt know which one we had used. I was very confused and at a loss what I should do. Just then the phone in our room rang. It was a call from the clerk at the front desk. He said the taxi driver had just come at the front desk to deliver my purse to me. I was very happy to hear that. I went to the front desk right away and received my purse from the driver with the contents intact. I thanked him from the bottom of my heart, shaking hands with him.

• 比較的簡単な英文のおかしいところがあればなおしてください。よろしくおね

比較的簡単な英文のおかしいところがあればなおしてください。よろしくおねがいします。 The first day my husband and I were in Tokyo. We went to a department store and did a lot of shopping. After shopping we got on a taxi in front of the department store to return to the hotel where we stayed. After a while we arrived at the hotel. My husband paid the taxi fare to a driver and we got out of the taxi. We reached our room in the hotel. A few minutes later I found that my purse was nowhere in our room. But I immediately rememberd that I had left my purse behind the taxi. What a terrible thing it was! I wondered if I should try to call a taxi company but did'nt know which one we had used. I was very confused and at a loss what I should do. Just then the phone in our room rang. It was a call from the clerk at the front desk. He said the taxi driver had just come at the front desk to deliver my purse to me. I was very happy to hear that. I went to the front desk right away and received my purse from the driver. I thanked him from the bottom of my heart, shaking hands with him.

• 英文についての質問です。

I do not believe we can have any freedom at all in the philosophical sense, for we act not only under external compulsion but also by inner necessity. Schopenhauer's saying--"A man can surely do what he wills to do, but he cannot determine what he wills"--impressed itself upon me in youth and has always consoled me when I have witnessed or suffered life's hardships. This conviction is a perpetual breeder of tolerance, for it does not allow us to take ourselves or others too seriously; it makes rather for a sense of humor. (What I Believe by A. Einstein) 内容が掴めないところがあります。 1)"A man can surely do what he wills to do, but he cannot determine what he wills" 訳すと 「彼はすることを望むことが確かにできます、しかし望むことを決心することができません。」でしょうか?(willは「望む」という意味ですか?) この言葉がなぜ ~and has always consoled me(いつも私を慰めていた)のか、 この言葉の意味自体がよく理解できません。 (訳し方が違うでしょうか?) どういう意味なのでしょうか? 2)【This conviction】とit does not allow~の【it】は   Schopenhauer's sayingのことですか?  ("A man can surely do what he wills, but he cannot determine what he wills") よろしくお願いいたします。

• よろしくお願いします

I'm at my wits' end dealing with my friend's glum, woe-is-me attitude. I've known "Max" since we worked together at a restaurant when I was in college. He was in his early 20s and had grown up in the town. He said he regretted not getting a bachelor's degree. As we became better friends and he saw the projects I was doing for my classes (I was an art major), he became inspired and started making plans to go to community college and then transfer. A year passed; then two. That never happened. (Not a big deal in itself, but I mention it as part of a pattern.) glum, woe-is-me attitudeの意味を教えてください。 had grown up in the townはなぜ過去形ではなく過去完了なのでしょうか?in the townというのは地元の町ということでしょうか? mention it as part of a patternの意味を教えてください。 以上、よろしくお願いします

• not a moment sooner

I’ve been in a long-distance relationship for a few years now. We met when I lived in his country for work. We see each other about six times a year for a few weeks at a time. While I love him dearly, I’m starting to crumble without having an endgame in sight. I’ve talked to him about this and he’s adamant that he’ll propose when he’s ready and not a moment sooner, that he wants it to be a surprise, et cetera. not a moment soonerはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• この英文の和訳お願いします。

翻訳サイトではわかりづらかったので質問しました。 almoner? がこちらのプリントのミスなのか辞書でもでてきませんでした。 誤字はないと思います。 For most of his life he had worked as a commercial artist. "I did a bit of tickling" delicate lettering and design for advertising blocks. In his late sixties he experienced long spells of illness. When he was able to work he went as bottlewasher to a dairy. He was obliged to gibe up work finally because of ill-health and growing infirmity at the age of seventy-two. Since the death of his wife his social activities had contracted. He did not get up for long and rarely went out, except at week-ends for his pension and his shopping. Even his visits to an infirm brother living some miles away had fallen off. "I used to go over and see him every Tuesday night last year up to that fog we had in November. Then I just lay on my bed coughing my and coughing. Coughing all day and night, thinking my time had come. But it wasn't to be." He regretted not having children, especially a daughter, who "might have stood by me when I got old", and he had no nephews or nieces living in London. The neighbours saw little of him. Next door was "Mrs Lipstick and Powder, that's what I calls her, always going out." On the other side was "Mrs Fly-by-night. She rushes past me on the stairs now, like some of the others, without asking how I am. Not that I mind. But they used to do it and since I came out of hospital and go around just like a decrepit old man decrepit, yes - I suppose they don't like to ask how I am in case they feel they should do something. But there - life's like that, isn't it?" He had lost touch with all his friends and did not approve of old people's clubs. "They're all clicks of decrepit old people." His opinion of national assistance officials, doctors, almoners, and nurses was favourable, except that sometimes they "kept you in the dark" or "treated you like a little child". He had refused offers of a home help, mainly, it appeared, from a sense of privacy, shame of his home, misunderstanding about payment, and suspicion of the sort of woman who would come. His memories of contacts with doctors and hospitals were extremely vivid and he recalled at length some of his experiences. He talked about an almoner who was "a lovely looking party", about his new dentures, "I don't wear the top, it's more comfortable', and with pride about his one perfect faculty, his eyesight. On occasions when he could scarcely walk it never occurred to him to ask his doctor to visit him; he preferred to make painful journeys to the surgery.

• 英文の翻訳をお願いできますか?

彼からのメールのないようですが、英語力の乏しい私には意訳ができません。どなたか翻訳してもらえないでしょうか? I could not respond because of my job yoğunlğundan. At this time in my personal life and my business life, he decides to live in because of the stress I'm not sure. You get very impatient. I do not understand why. People to marry each other very well need to know. I married again to another without fully concluded'm not ready for marriage. Friendship and friendship and love in the coming time, as more development would be better for us. And together we will make better decisions about what to do. Why so quick to make a decision as I insist you do not understand. These are very serious issues. Decision can not be easy. More do not recognize each other full Incentives. And the Japanese society and Turkey have different traditions. In this regard you and me how we can comply with this tradition. I think people need to know each other a long time for marriage. We only We saw each other 2 days. I think this closeness, friendship and love each other without breaking continues in this way and get upset. Conclusions as a result of friendship beautiful. I very busy businessman, I can not take too much time for my private life. Please forgive me because I can not talk much with you.you get to me a very special person and I'm very happy to know you.I want to be with you always in the future. I like you very much.

• 英文を日本語に訳してください。よろしくお願いします

He was fifty years old when I was born, and a "Mr.Mom" long before anyone had a name for it. I didn`t know why he was home instead of Mom, but I was young and the only one of my friends who had their dad around. I considered myself very lucky. He always had my lunch ready for me when I came home - usually a peanut butter sandwich that was shaped for the season. My favorite was at Christmas time. The sandwich would be covered lightly with green sugar and cut in the shape of a tree. As I got a little older and tried to gain my independence, I wanted to move away from those "childish" signs of his love. But he wasn't going to give up. In high school and no longer able to go home for lunch, I began taking my own bag lunch. Dad would get up a little early and make it for me. I never knew what to expect. The outside of the bag might be covered with his drawing of a mountain scene (this became his trademark) or a heart with the words "Dad and Angie" written in the center. Inside there would be a napkin with that same heart or an "I love you." Many times he would write a joke or a riddle. He always had some silly saying to make me smile and let me know that he loved me.

• 英文

以下の英文の翻訳お願いできませんか? (1)Hanio has been hospitalized for more than six months, suffering from kidney trouble. Treatments have not helped much, and he began dialysis treatment. (2)No...It hurts. (3)Be a man, Hanio. You gotta fight it out. Come on, you don't want to cry. (4)Sniff,sniff (5)Edema hasn't subsided, and the blood pressure hasn't gone down at all. (6)Hmmm, Can't think of any other cause but an infectious pathogen. (7)Any progress, Mr. Kuri? Mr. Nasu? (8)No, Doctor. Nothing yet. (9)We don't have time to spare if we're ever going to save the boy.lneed the cause identified as soon as possible. (10)Yes,sir. (1)I had the worst pain I ever experienced in my abdomen. (2)Do you have blood in your urine? (3)Yes, and I had fever and chills occasionally. (4)How about the volume of urine? (5)Not as much as I usually have. (1)I have passed blood in my urine. (2)I heard I have high blood pressure. (3)It's hard to hold my water. (4)When I urinate,it hurts terribly. (5)I get up at night to go to the toilet. (6)My urine is cloudy. (1)We'll give you a CT sean.This will create a three dimensional image of your lower abdomen and indentify where your kidney stones are. (2)Does it hurt? (3)No, not at all. (4)Can I see the picture afterward? (5)Of course, you can.