A Loving Father Who Stayed at Home: A Heartwarming Story

このQ&Aのポイント
  • A heartwarming story of a father who defied traditional gender roles by being a stay-at-home dad.
  • As a child, the narrator felt lucky to have their dad around while their friends' dads were at work.
  • Even as the narrator grew older, their dad continued to show his love through small gestures like making their lunch and leaving heartfelt notes.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英文を日本語に訳してください。よろしくお願いします

He was fifty years old when I was born, and a "Mr.Mom" long before anyone had a name for it. I didn`t know why he was home instead of Mom, but I was young and the only one of my friends who had their dad around. I considered myself very lucky. He always had my lunch ready for me when I came home - usually a peanut butter sandwich that was shaped for the season. My favorite was at Christmas time. The sandwich would be covered lightly with green sugar and cut in the shape of a tree. As I got a little older and tried to gain my independence, I wanted to move away from those "childish" signs of his love. But he wasn't going to give up. In high school and no longer able to go home for lunch, I began taking my own bag lunch. Dad would get up a little early and make it for me. I never knew what to expect. The outside of the bag might be covered with his drawing of a mountain scene (this became his trademark) or a heart with the words "Dad and Angie" written in the center. Inside there would be a napkin with that same heart or an "I love you." Many times he would write a joke or a riddle. He always had some silly saying to make me smile and let me know that he loved me.

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.1

私が生まれたとき、彼は50才でした、そして、誰かが名前を付けるまで長く「ミスター・ママ」でした。 私は、彼がなぜおかあさんの代わりに家にいるのかわかりませんでした、しかし、私は幼くて、彼らのおとうさんがまわりにいる友人の一人に過ぎませんでした。 私は、自分自身を非常に幸運だと思いました。  私が帰宅すると、彼はいつも私のために昼食を用意してくれていました ― たいていは、季節に合わせて形を変えたピーナッツバター・サンドイッチでした。 私のお気に入りは、クリスマスの時期でした。 そのサンドイッチは、緑の砂糖で軽くおおわれていて、木の形に切られていました。  もう少し大きくなると、私は、自立心が出て、彼の愛情のそうした「子供じみた」表現から抜け出したいと思いました。 しかし、彼はやめようとはしませんでした。 高校生になって、もはや、昼食に帰宅できなくなると、私は自分自身のバッグランチを持っていくようになりました。おとうさんは少し早く起きて、私のためにそれを作ってくれました。 私は、何を期待すればよいのか全くわかりませんでした。 袋の外側には、彼自作の山の風景(これは、彼のトレードマークになりました)が描かれているか、「おとうさんとアンジー」と言う言葉と共にハートマークが中央に書かれていました。袋の中には、同じハートマークか「愛してるよ」と言う言葉が書かれたナプキンが入っていました。  何度も、彼は冗談や謎々を書きました。 彼は、いつも、私を微笑ませ、彼が私を愛していることを私に知らせるために、バカバカしいことを書いていました。

関連するQ&A

• 日本語訳で困っています。

以下の英文の日本語訳ができません。だれかお願いします。 (1)You don't really notice how special it is until death looks you in the eyes. (2)My sister and her friend jumped into our backyard pool to cool off. (3)My mom would always watch all of us very closely, but just for a minute, she had walked over to the other side of the yard to talk to my dad. (4)She told my sister to watch out for me, but my sister was busy laughing and having fun with her friend. (5)No one heard me because I was so little; there was hardly a splash.

• 英文を訳し、( )の中に入る言葉を答えてください。

(1)の中に入る適切な言葉 (1)Including (2)Being included (3)Having been included (4)Included I used to hide my lunch so no one would see the bag or read the napkin, but that didn't last long. One of my friends saw the napkin one day, grabbed it, and passed it around the lunch room. My face burned with embarrassment. But to my astonishment, the next day all of my friends were waiting to see the napkin. From the way they acted, I think they all wished they had someone who would show them that kind of love. I was so proud to have him as my father. Throughout the rest of my high school years, I received those napkins, and I still have most of them. And still it didn`t end. When I left home for college, I thought the messages would stop. I thought the messages would stop. But my friends and I were glad that his gestures continued. I began getting letters almost every Friday. ( 1 ) along with the letters were usually drawings of our cat and dog, stick figures of him and Mom. He continued to include his mountain scene and the heart label. The mail was delivered every day right before lunch, so I'd have his letters with me when I went to the cafeteria. I realized it was useless to hide them because my roommate was a high school friend who knew about his napkins. Soon it became a Friday afternoon practice. I would read the letters, and the drawings would be passed around. It was during this time that Dad became stricken with cancer. When the letters didn't come on Friday, I knew that he had been sick and wasn't able to write. If he missed his Friday delivery, the letters would usually come a day or two later. But they always came. My friends used to call him "Coolest Dad in the Universe." One day they sent him a card awarding him that title, signed by all of them. I believe my dad taught all of us about a father`s love. I wouldn't be surprised if my friends started sending napkins to their children. He left an impression that would stay with us and inspire us to give our own children such a clear expression of our love.

• 英語堪能な方、英文を日本語に翻訳お願いします

英語堪能な方、英文を日本語に翻訳お願いします 英語堪能な方にお願いします。m(_ _)m 大変長文で申し訳ありませんが、 以下の英語を日本語に翻訳を、どうぞ宜しくお願いします。m(_ _)m ↓ I HAD A WONDERFUL TIME WHILE I WAS THERE FOR EIGHT YEARS.,THE KINDNESS AND WILLING TO HELP WAS OUTSTANDING UNTIL THIS DAY I STILL HAVE GREAT MEMORIES,AND DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE QUESTION THAT YOU ASK IT IS PART OF THE BOOK AND I AM QUITE SURE SOME READER ARE GOING TO WANT TO KNOW. 1) I FIRST MET ONE OF MY JAPANESE IN LOVE FOR THE VERY FIRST I WAS OUT WITH A FRIEND OF MIND AND HE INTRODUCED ME TO HER I HAD NO IDEAL WHAT TO SAY BECAUSE IT WAS MY FRIST EXPERIENCE WITH ANY CONTACT WITH A JAPANESE LADY BUT SHE SPOKE SOME ENGLISH AND I KNEW NO JAPANESE

• よろしくお願いします

When my dad passed away several years ago, he left a certificate of deposit to me. When it matured, I went to the bank with my mom because she had a CD that matured at the same time. The CD that Dad left me was a payable-on-death CD, with me as the only beneficiary, and my dad was the individual owner of the CD. When it maturedとはどういうことでしょうか?あと、individual ownerはindividualがあるのとないのとではどう違うのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英文を日本語に訳してください。よろしくお願いします

(1)An English passenger kindly drew me into conservation. He was older than I. He asked me what I ate, what I was, where I was going, why I was shy, and so on. He also advised me to dine with him. (2)I think part of the uproar over cloning is that many people simply don`t understand what it is. They seem to have it confused with genetic alteration, another technology that`s creating a stir.

• 日本語に訳していただけないでしょうか?

長文になりますが、おおまかで構わないので日本語に訳していただけないでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。 ………………………… In summer in the year before last, I received a mail from a person. I felt almost was make-up story but various thinks about you were written in it. I understood the contents and replied my promise not to relate with you. However, harassment to me started by your friends, staffs of (店名) and your friends I had never related and it has been continuing until now although it becomes not so often as before. Even some of my friends were harassed only because being with me. (店名) is your working place and a place for your friends to gather. I guess they hope me not to relate with you. Because I had been told about you sometimes, I had a complicated feeling when I received your message via facebook. I thought that I would select my human relation and it would be possible for me to be a friend with you but I can not be free from the wavering of my decision to relate with you as a friend if I visit (店名). I have to keep promise with your friends.... I do not know why your friends still stick to me. Because I have no relation with you now. I also have no relation with anyone who might have close relation with you. I do not know you have any engagement to such continuous sticking to me but I think it is a matter of mind of these people not of yours or mine. I am thankful to you for calling me your friend. However, considering my current position, I think that it would be difficult to be your friend. If you have good human relation now, I think that there would be no reason for you to keep on staying as my friend beyond it. What do you think about it? Please do not misunderstand. I do not take you into my confidence to hurt you. I want to tell you only why I have avoided you. If we have fate, we might be able to relate as ordinary friend.

• 日本語訳をお願いします。

チャップリンの自伝の文章なのですが、日本語訳をお願いします。 I saw Frank Tinney again on the stage a few years later and was shocked, for the comic Muse had left him. He was so self-conscious that I could not believe it was the same man. It was this change in him that gave me the idea years later for my film Limelight. I wanted to know why he had lost his spirit and his assurance. In Limelight the case was age; Calvero grew old and introspective and acquired a feeling of dignity, and this divorced him from all intimacy with the audience.

• 英文を日本語に訳して、()に入る文も答えてください

When he was a little boy, George Washington was given a hatchet for his birthday. Eager to try his shiny new tool, George went out and practiced chopping on one of his father`s cherry trees. When the tree was found dead, George was asked by his father ( 1 ). "I can`t tell a lie, Pa; you know I can`t tell a lie. I cut it with my hatchet." Instead of being angry, George`s father was delighted by his son`s honesty. "Run to my arms, you dearest boy," he cried, and then embraced his son. This is the story almost all Americans know about George Washington. On the face of it, it is merely a children`s tale with a moral message: it is good to tell the truth. ( 2 ), for some reason, this seemingly simple story has become one of the myths that hold Americans together. ・(1) (1)why he had told him a lie (2)how to cut his cherry tree (3)if he had done it (4)what he had used to cut his cherry tree ・(2) (1)Therefore (2)However (3)Indeed (4)As a result

• 日本語に訳してください。よろしくお願いします。

・I was the only student in my school who brought lunch with a message written on the napkin by Dad, and I still remember how embarressed I felt. ・From the way my friends talked, I thought they wished they also received letters full of affection from someone who really loved them. ・Attached to the card sent to him were the signatures of all of my friends. ・A puzzle or joke that appears to be nonsense but has an amusing answer. ・To get or pick up suddenly and roughly.

• 英文を日本語訳して下さい。

The advance was to be by bounds to objective lines behind a creeping barrage moving at 90 m (98 yd) every four minutes, with pauses to make sure that the French barrage kept pace with the British barrage. The first objective was the two German lines east of the Yser Canal and the second objective was the German third line. A total advance of 5,000 yards (4,600 m) to the red line was not fundamental to the plan, being an attempt to provide enough discretion to the divisional commanders to make local advances without the need to request permission, based on the extent of local German resistance, in accordance with the manual SS 135. This was intended to avoid situations that had occurred in previous offensives, when vacant ground had not been promptly occupied and had then to be fought for in later attacks. Had the German defence collapsed and the red line been reached, the German Flandern I, II and III Stellungen would have been intact, except for Flandern I Stellung for a mile south of Broodseinde. On 10 August, II Corps was required to reach the black line of 31 July, an advance of 400–900 yards (370–820 m) and at the Battle of Langemarck on 16 August, the Fifth Army was to advance 1,500 yards (1,400 m). The German 4th Army operation order for the defensive battle was issued on 27 June. The German 4th Army had about 600 aircraft of the Luftstreitkräfte, 200 being single-seat fighters; eventually eighty German air units operated over the Flanders front. German defences had been arranged as a forward zone, main battle zone and rearward battle zone. The defence in depth began with a front system of three breastworks each about 200 yards (180 m) apart, garrisoned by the four companies of each front battalion, with listening-posts in no man's land. About 2,000 yards (1,800 m) behind these works was the Albrecht Stellung (second line), a secondary or artillery protective line that marked the rear boundary of the forward zone.