Scientists Develop New Water-Hardening Glue

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Scientists have developed a new adhesive that hardens in water, offering potential applications inside the body.
  • Unlike traditional glues, this adhesive hardens when the temperature rises, making it ideal for use in higher temperature environments.
  • The adhesive's properties were inspired by a worm's natural glue, but improved to suit medical and other applications.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英文の中で分からない所があります。

Stewart and his team of scientists have now also produced an artificial glue that hardens in water. Unlike the worm's glue, however, the glue that they have created hardens when the temperature rises. This would make it ideal for use inside the body, where the temperature is higher than in the surrounding air. 英検長文から抜粋しました。 This would make it ideal の This とit はそれぞれ何を指しますか? this→温度が上がると固まる性質 it→? 自信がありません。ご指導お願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • oignies
  • ベストアンサー率20% (673/3354)
回答No.1

Thisの内容はとれています。it はスチュワートが開発した人工のり のことです。具体的には直前the glueをさしています。そののり。 そののりの説明は第一行にあるとおり。

joy1995
質問者

お礼

はっきりしました。ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 英文でわからない所があったので教えて下さい。

メールを読んでいてわからないところがあったので教えて下さい。 1)The majority ofpeople that are famous in the US are not educated beyond high school.Theres nothing wrong with that I guess since they are making a livingoff of their talents. This might sound bad, but if someone only has a12th grade education (or less) and they make comments about serious issues, I don't bother listening to them. 自分で訳したものは、 「アメリカの大多数の有名人は高校までしか教育を受けていない。彼らは自分たちの才能で生計を立てているから、私の推測は悪くないよ。これは聞こえは悪いけど、でも誰か(相当な人物??)が12年かそれ以下しか教育を受けてなければ、深刻な問題について意見を述べる。それを聞くのは嫌じゃないよ。」なんですか、、、この通りbut if someone~から若干意味不明です。他の部分もあっているでしょうか? ちなみに音楽の話をしていてこういう話になっています。この文の前には、「有名人は政治的問題に意見を述べるべきではないし、エンターテイメントに専念した方が良い気がする。」と言っています。 2)I had no idea they were closing otherwise I would have went earlier and bought stuff really cheap! 本屋さんに行った?と聞いたら、「行ったんだけど店じまいしてたんだ!」とありまして、次の文がこれです。 自分で訳してみると、「閉まってるなんて知らなかった、そうでなければ早く行って安いもの買ってたのに!」となってしまいます。。 I would have~からわかりません。これは"would have 過去分詞"ではないのでしょうか?でもそれならgoneになりますよね・・??すみません、訳を教えてください。 あと、"わからない"ですが、"don't know"と"have no idea"にどのような違いがあるのでしょうか?教えていただけると嬉しいです。 よろしくお願いしますm(__)m

• 英語の質問です

this make it unsafe touse in plases that donot have wather treatment facilities 教えて下さい。

• 英文を訳して下さい。

長文で大変申し訳ございませんが、正確な訳を知りたいので、英語がお得意で、お時間がおありの方、以下の英文をどうか訳して下さい。お願い致します。 Do you have any plans for touring the US? I have this strange dream of you performing in America. As kind of a follow-up, I was inquiring about the cost of renting a local theatre, the Orpheum. I was told that the rental fee is approximately $1000 per day, plus a small percentage of ticket sales. The theatre holds 1400, so at a charge of $10 per ticket, we would stand to make at least $10000 profit, because the ushers and ticket-takers are provided at no extra cost. What I am uncertain about is whether there would be enough tickets sold to make the whole project worthwhile. I then had the thought that if I could book one theatre for this purpose, why not more theatres in other cities? I have absolutely no experience in showbiz, but I think it would be an interesting sideline. Also, you have that angelic quality that I think American audiences would love! What I was wondering was if you would require a flat fee, or if you'd be willing to take a chance on a percentage of the pr ofits. This way, we could all either make alot of money, or we could all go broke together! I honestly don't foresee this happening, because I would book the theatre a long time in advance, and make sure the tickets are sold. I'm not sure how the ticket sales would be handled, and how that would affect the profit margin. Let me know if you have any thoughts on coming to the US. どうぞよろしくお願い致します。

• 英文の訳をお願いします。

友人が"Only"について教えてくれているようなのですが、詳しく知りたいので力を貸して頂けますでしょうか。よろしくお願いします。 "Only" refers to it being something and nothing else. For example if I said "I only eat vegetables." That would mean that I eat vegetables and not meat, chicken, fish etc. In the context I used it in ("It's only cold in the mornings,") it would mean that it is cold in the morning, but it is not cold during the rest of the day. In a different context it could mean that it is always cold never hot, warm or cool in the morning. A clearer way to say what I meant that would have my intended meaning regardless of context would be "It is cold in the mornings only."

• ・英文の翻訳をよろしくお願いします!

but would warn you that i have used this before and i have found that it doesn't get there any quicker . maybe a day or two sooner than normal mail i send . . but if the other takes 2 weeks or more and this only gets there around that time, its not worth the money in my opinion.

• 英文をお訳し願います。

A world of craft production and barter would have little use for the quantifier’s tools, and would be impervious to them. It has been urged that accounts have less to do with representing conditions than with guiding behavior in large firms. This is undoubtedly so, though there is more than a hint here of a false dichotomy. Numbers that have no credibility as truth claims will be less effective also at projecting power and coordinating activity. 上記英文中の,It has been urged that accounts have less to do with representing conditions than with guiding behavior in large firms.をお訳し願います。

• 下記の英文を訳してくれる方はいませんか?

Kohlberg’s adolescent moral stage The operative moral principle in adolescence is often that if everyone misbehaved , society would not work; law and order are necessary or we would have chaos and so control over others. Interestingly, it is during this period of adolescence, when so many youngsters in fact have problems in accepting authority (or at least question it closely), that youngsters begin to feel very strongly about the importance of that authority for purposes of defining morality. よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の和訳をお願いします。

申し訳ありませんが、お願いします。 There are soms things that I would not have done , and some things that I have failed to do that I would do. One of the things that I would have done if I had known the importance of it would have been to go to college.

• わからない英文があります

"An ordinary beginning, something that would have been forgotten had it been anyone but her." -would have been forgotten had it been anyone but her の使い回しがよくわからないので、説明できる方いたら教えて下さい。

• 英文解説お願いします。

One strategy for this problem is to realize that if the decision is that hard to make there must not be a "right" answer, or else it would be obvious. 途中のthat hard の意味がわかりません。 解説よろしくお願いします。