• 締切済み

英文でわからない所があったので教えて下さい。

メールを読んでいてわからないところがあったので教えて下さい。 1)The majority ofpeople that are famous in the US are not educated beyond high school.Theres nothing wrong with that I guess since they are making a livingoff of their talents. This might sound bad, but if someone only has a12th grade education (or less) and they make comments about serious issues, I don't bother listening to them. 自分で訳したものは、 「アメリカの大多数の有名人は高校までしか教育を受けていない。彼らは自分たちの才能で生計を立てているから、私の推測は悪くないよ。これは聞こえは悪いけど、でも誰か(相当な人物??)が12年かそれ以下しか教育を受けてなければ、深刻な問題について意見を述べる。それを聞くのは嫌じゃないよ。」なんですか、、、この通りbut if someone~から若干意味不明です。他の部分もあっているでしょうか? ちなみに音楽の話をしていてこういう話になっています。この文の前には、「有名人は政治的問題に意見を述べるべきではないし、エンターテイメントに専念した方が良い気がする。」と言っています。 2)I had no idea they were closing otherwise I would have went earlier and bought stuff really cheap! 本屋さんに行った?と聞いたら、「行ったんだけど店じまいしてたんだ!」とありまして、次の文がこれです。 自分で訳してみると、「閉まってるなんて知らなかった、そうでなければ早く行って安いもの買ってたのに!」となってしまいます。。 I would have~からわかりません。これは"would have 過去分詞"ではないのでしょうか?でもそれならgoneになりますよね・・??すみません、訳を教えてください。 あと、"わからない"ですが、"don't know"と"have no idea"にどのような違いがあるのでしょうか?教えていただけると嬉しいです。 よろしくお願いしますm(__)m

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数0

みんなの回答

回答No.2

1) しかし、高卒以下の人が重要な問題に関してコメントを述べたとしても、僕はそのコメントをわざわざ聞く気にはならない。 ちなみにanyone ではなく、 someone が正しい英語です。 2) の解釈は正しいと思います。指摘も的を射ていると思います。 "don't know" より "have no idea" が穏やかに伝わります。

m09090119
質問者

補足

ありがとうございます。 原文はsomeoneです。 相手の方は米国人なのでネイティブだと思うんですが、would have wentって言うんでしょうか。。

• DJ-Potato
  • ベストアンサー率36% (692/1917)
回答No.1

(1) アメリカの大多数の有名人は高校までしか教育を受けてない。 彼らはその才能で生計を立てているんだから、何ら悪いことはないと思うよ。 そう言うと聞こえは悪いかもしれないけど、だれか高卒以下でこの大きな問題に意見がある人がいれば、喜んで聞きたいものだね。 someoneは、より日本人にしっくりくる言い方ならsomeじゃなくてanyの方がいいと思います。 (2) 「わからない」 don't know は「知らない」 have no idea は「思いもよらない」 くらいですかね。

m09090119
質問者

補足

ありがとうございます。 原文はsomeoneです。

関連するQ&A

• 教えてくださいm(__)m

メールを読んでいてわからないところがあったので教えてください。 The majority of people that are famous in the US are not educated beyond high school. Theres nothing wrong with that I guess since they are making a living off of their talents. ここまでの訳はなんとなくわかりました。(米の有名人の多くは高卒で、彼らは自分の才能で生計を立てているから、これは悪くない推測だよ)…ちょっと違うかも知れませんが(>_<) この後の文なのですが、 This might sound bad, but if someone only has a 12th grade education (or less) and they make comments about serious issues, I don't bother listening to them. if someoneからよくわかりません。 自分としては、"聞こえは悪いけど、でももし高卒かそれ以下の教育しか受けてない人が重大な問題に意見を述べても、それを聞くのは構わないよ"というようなことを言ってるのかなと思ったのですが、どうでしょうか? 合ってるかどうか、違ってたら訳を教えて頂きたいです。 どうぞよろしくお願いしますm(__)m

• 英文訳を教えてください。

英文訳の質問です。 I don't know whether they are confident that I would stay anyway, or if they didn''t really need me. この場合、or 以下のif構文は、I don't know に続くのでしょうか?それとも、「もし・・・」と訳したらいのでしょうか? また、どうしてコンマで区切ってあるのですか? コンマで区切ってあるということは、何らかの意味はあると思うのですが、どうしても分かりません。 どなたか教えていただけたら助かります。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の和訳をお願いします。

申し訳ありませんが、お願いします。 There are soms things that I would not have done , and some things that I have failed to do that I would do. One of the things that I would have done if I had known the importance of it would have been to go to college.

• 英文について

People always want something, which is money, friends, a time and so on. My father often says, "I want PC". If he get to PC, would he satisfied with this? I don't think so. Because he wants something is not only PC. He wants to get a car, a bicycle or a big home. I suppose that there is nothing people who don't want something. I agree with the idea that people are never satisfied with that they have. 間違っている箇所があれば教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の和訳をお願いいたします

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたのみで、 お願いできますでしょうか? やっと顔の比喩の段落が終わったようです。 多分出てこないとは思いますが・・。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 You should not disregard someone you meet if they do not fit the chart picture perfectly. But likewise, don't try to make the particles fit someone if they don't, for that in the end will lead self delusion, and the agony of disappointment. Without ever knowing it, you have waited all your life to meet this one great love, when you meet your soul mate all the doubts will dissolve, you will know inside. Maybe you are already acquainted with someone who fits the description, maybe not. But be rational and accept this description only as a guide, a likeness, a glimpse into the future and nothing more than that.

• すみませんがどなたか下記の英文を訳して頂けないでしょうか?

すみませんがどなたか下記の英文を訳して頂けないでしょうか? 自分なりに訳してみたのですがどうもスッキリしなくて。。 宜しくお願いいたします。 ↓ yes my pleasure and I would like but when you stay in my house the police will say why do you have this women in your house you know in Yemen they are crazy the are not like anther county but if we are ready married no problem pleas understand pleas don't worry about stay we can stay together in the hotel Ok when you are in Yemen yes for sure we can visit my family if you want

• but that について

We don't know but that there are the people who would have made more money even if they had not gone to college.の文の but that をどう訳していいのか、訳し方がわかりません。 辞書を引くとknow などの否定形のあとで、「・・・ではないと」という意味になると書いてあるのですが・・・。

• 訳してください

yeah, and that's why I like japanese people, they are strict and personalities full of honor, but they're kind though :) do you know what's odd ? I just have female japanese penpals, I mean I love you in a kind of way I love someone, but it would also be nice to have a male japanese penpal (no homo xD) :) I'd like to know how they are and how they think and behave :) 上の文章を訳せる方 いらっしゃいましたら よろしくお願いします(_ _)

• 訳してください(T_T)

yeah, and that's why I like japanese people, they are strict and personalities full of honor, but they're kind though :) do you know what's odd ? I just have female japanese penpals, I mean I love you in a kind of way I love someone, but it would also be nice to have a male japanese penpal (no homo xD) :) I'd like to know how they are and how they think and behave :)

• 英文について

People scary die.(人々は死ぬのが怖い) This is because they don't want to die. They have wants to do before they die. If people get to something which they want to things, people don't want to die. I think it is mean people don't satisfied.(それは人々が満足していないことを意味すると思う) Please think about if you die tomorrow. I suppose that nobody want to die. Even if they thinks about satisfied with your life. It is only thinks, in fact, they think different before die.(それは考えているだけで、実際は彼らは死ぬ前には違うことを考える) That's why I think that people are never satisfied with that they have: they always want something more or something different. おかしな文があれば指摘してください。 よろしくお願いします。