What is a Clean Bill?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • A clean bill refers to a spending bill that is not tied to any controversial provisions or amendments.
  • In the context of the article, some House Republicans are urging Speaker John Boehner to allow a vote on a clean bill to end the government shutdown.
  • Despite the political implications, these Republicans believe that the current situation, where people are unable to work and pay their bills, is untenable.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

clean bill とは?

以下は3日付web版CNNの新年度の予算案が議会を通過しないのでアメリカ政府がshutdownしたという記事の一部です。最後から2番目のパラグラフにある he was willing to allow a vote on a clean bill. という文章中のbillは法案というのは分かりますが、clean billというのは何の事でしょうか? ---------------------------------- Washington (CNN) -- A small but growing group of House Republicans is increasingly worried about the fallout from the government shutdown and say it's time for Speaker John Boehner to allow a simple vote on a spending bill. Defunding Obamacare can wait for now, they say. "I'm trying to be optimistic but at the same time I have a really, really tough time when people are out of work and they can't pay their bills," Rep. Michael Grimm of New York told reporters Wednesday. "Though it might be a political loss for us ... this is an untenable situation." Rep. Scott Rigell, whose Virginia district is home to a significant number of military members and civilian contractors, was one of the first to publicly break away. "We fought the good fight," he said in a tweet on Tuesday, but acknowledged it was time to move on. Boehner hosted small groups of concerned members on Wednesday. A spokesman for Boehner declined to talk about the sessions. A Republican source familiar with one of Wednesday's meetings said Boehner listened, but didn't signal he was willing to allow a vote on a clean bill. "They weren't strong-armed, and they weren't asked to step back," the source said of the moderates in the meeting. It was taken as a positive sign that Boehner wasn't trying to muzzle the effort. -------------------------

noname#194528
noname#194528
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • ddeana
  • ベストアンサー率74% (2976/4019)
回答No.1

クリーン法案といいますが、様々な条件を加えない純粋な予算法案のことです。

関連するQ&A

• 6月末に書いた英作文です。添削をお願いします。

1.参議院選挙が7月10日行われる The Upper House election is held on July 10. 2.今回から18歳、19歳も投票する From this time on, the ages of 18 and 19 people can vote. 3.18歳での投票は早すぎるとずっと思っていた。 I thought all the time the vote at 18 years old was too early. 4.しかし、イギリスのEU離脱問題のお蔭で、考えが変わった。 But thanks to the issue of EU secession, I changed my thought. 5.イギリスで国民投票が行われ、離脱が決まった。 England held a referendum on the matter of EU secession and decided leave from EU. 6.18歳から24歳の若い人は、73%が残留支持だった。 73% of young people from 18 to 24 years old were remain supporter. 7.自分たちが投票に行かなくとも、残留に決まると思い、投票に行かなかった But many young people did not go for a vote. Because they thought even if they did not go to the vote, it was decided on remaining in any case. 8.若者たちは、「年寄り世代が、若者の将来を決めてしまった」と今になって怒っている They are now regret and angry. And they said, “An old generation has decided the future of the youth”.   9.18歳と言えば、20から30年後、中年の働き盛りである。 Speaking of 18 years old, 20 to 30 years later, they are a person who is in his or her prime. 10.他方、イギリスで65歳以上の人の60%が離脱に賛成だったという。 On the other hand, 60% of people 65 years or older were agreeable to the secession. 11.20から30年後、彼らの多くがこの世にいない But 20 to 30 years later, most of them will not be in the world anymore. 12.30年後の事を考えると、選挙権は18歳でいいかも知れない When I think about 30 years later, 18 years old may be enough for the right to vote. 以上です。回答者様の考えとは違うかも知れませんが、宜しくお願い致します。

• 和訳してくださいm(_ _)m4

Another group involved in mammoth research was an international team headed by Dr. Goto Kazufumi. There were 33 scientists on this team. They were Japanese, Russian, and British. In August 1997, they went on their first expedition to look for a mammoth. At that time, they were only able to find mammoth bones. They said, "If there were also piece of skin, we could get some mammoth DNA." In August 1999, Dr. Goto tried again to find a mammoth with a second team made up of 26 Japanese and Russian scientists. This time they found a piece of mammoth skin, but it was not in good enough condition to use the DNA. The Japanese project is now led by Dr. Iritani Akira, and they keep trying to find mammoths. In 2002, they found another frozen mammoth in Siberia. A piece of flesh taken from it was brought to Japan in July 2003. its DNA was also not well preserved, but the team didn't give up the project.

• よろしくお願いします

I made a reservation at a nice restaurant for my anniversary. Our reservation was for 8:30 p.m. but the hostess said they were running a little behind. After 20 minutes of waiting, a couple walked in behind us and asked for a table. They didn’t have reservations and the hostess said they were looking at a 45-minute wait. The couple stood behind us discussing options, then five minutes later the hostess said our table was ready. The woman pointed out that she was seven months pregnant and would really appreciate if she could sit before us. I said no because we had a reservation and they did not, then suggested two places across the street that always have seats available. The couple was visibly annoyed and said something under their breath. Did I do the right thing here? I know to give up seats on buses, spots in a bathroom line, aisle seats on airplanes, etc. for those expecting, but am I really expected to yield my dinner reservation to a pregnant woman when there are options across the street? I know toはあまりみない形なのですが、toはどのような意味でしょいうか?文法的解説をよろしくお願いします

• 長くてすみません、フィギュア世界選手権の記事です。大まかでいいので英訳

長くてすみません、フィギュア世界選手権の記事です。大まかでいいので英訳お願いできますか?        Olympic-fatigued skaters bumble through worlds Veteran coach Frank Carroll said the back-to-back Olympics-worlds was "business as usual," but added "maybe they should separate a little. I don’t know, it’s an ISU decision." He said most skaters should know they will have only four or five days of rest after the Olympics before hitting the training hard again. But Kim said she had a very hard time doing that, and told South Korean media she thought she would do well "just because of what I have." While most skaters should be able to rebound, the exceptions are the champions, Carroll said. Lysacek, coached by Carroll, has been living the whirlwind, mingling with Hollywood celebrities and competing on "Dancing With the Stars." Kim’s shocking performance in the short, where she flubbed basic elements like a spin and a spiral, is an argument in favor of Lysacek’s decision, Carroll said. "That was a disaster. But she was the Olympic champion," Carroll said. "Evan, coming here and doing all those talk shows and ’Dancing with the Stars,’ what would he have done? It’s ? for an Olympic champion ? a risk to come here. "They’d be fools not to take advantage of it, too," Carroll added of the spoils that come with Olympic gold. "There is only a certain time of their lives when they can enjoy this level of popularity and fame ? and money."

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

When STONE TEMPLE PILOTS bandmembers Dean DeLeo, Robert DeLeo and Eric Kretz began thinking of singers to accompany the new music they were working on, Bennington was at the top of the list. "Chester has a one-of-a-kind voice that we've admired for a long time," said Dean DeLeo. "We know LINKIN PARK will always be his priority, but we thought it would be cool to try something together. We managed to find the time to record a song and we're all really happy with the result."

• 和訳をお願いします

MOSCOW - Voters in Larcia on Saturday overwhelmingly rejected a proposal to adopt Russian as a second official language, defeating a constitutional referendum measure that underscored the ethnic and political tensions that remain more than 20 years after the collapse of the Soviet Union. "The vote on a second state language endangered one of the most sacred foundations of the Constitution - the state language,"the Latvian president, Andris Berzins, said in a statement after the vote."I would also like to thank everyone who, despite the emotions and impassioned atmosphere which were conjured up by the referendum, maintained a cool head and tolerance without yielding before provocations and attempts to foment hatred." Prime Minister Valdis Dombrobskis, who actively opposed the referendum, said he was grateful to Latvian voters for resoundingly rejectingit, but he said some conciliatory steps would be needed. "What we need to think now is what additional measures could be done on integration and naturalization policies, including more opportunities to study Latvian," Mr. Dombrovskis said in a telephone interview. He added, "It is clear that we need to look at what more we can do." Supporters of the referendum, however, said the bid for official status for Russian was not the cause of fissures in Latvia but an outgrowth of longstanding divisions and historically unequal treatment for the country'slarge minority of native Russian speakers.

• 英文和訳について

「次の英文の面白いところを要点を分かり易く、英語で説明しなさい。」という問題がテストに出るそうなのですが、どのように答えれば完璧でしょうか。できるだけ簡単によろしくお願いします。 A Canadian couple took a trip to Japan. They had studied Japanese in Canada before starting on their trip. On their first night in Tokyo, they went to a sushi shop. When they finished eating, the husband tried to use Japanese and asked, “Ikura?’’ meaning "How much is it?'' The cook at the counter shouted loudly, "Ikura for two!'' Beautiful Ikura-zushi was immediately placed in front of the amazed Canadians. The man was disappointed. He changed from Japanese to English, and again asked for their bill, "How much?'' Do you think they got the bill? No. This time they got Hamachi-zushi!

• 英語の質問です。和訳お願いします。

some guy called me on Wednesday and said my friend had told him that I might be interested in some event.. But he didn't tell me what the event was about because he said he wants to talk to me about it in person.. So we decided to meet next weeks Wednesday. It sounded a bit suspicious so I invited a friend to go with me. But yesterday I found out he's my friends' boyfriend, so I'm not so worried anymore (^_^;) Yesterday was my parents' 25 year anniversary. Dad always sends mom roses if he's at work, but now he contacted me and said his internet at work is not working so he asked me to order 25 roses for mom and also send her a card with a romantic poem (in Spanish of course). And he only contacted me like 2 days before the anniversary day and I was really busy during those days Q__Q I managed to do everything though, but it was a bit strange to be looking for a love poem for my mom, lol. She's the one who could've gotten me a work placement in Tokyo but I refused it later. But now she said its good that I didnt take the job because they had some problems there and that its better for me to just find a company in Kansai area. And she said there was one company where she has connections to, so she will most likely help me with that. Yay (^O^)

• 英語の和訳お願いします。

''It was the best of times, it was the worst of times." The Victorian age was one of soaring ambition, technological wonder, and awesome grandeur, as well as ugliness, and misery on an unprecended scale. The Victorians knew life was changing faster than ever before, and they recorded that change in paintings that were the cinema of their day. These paintings aren't fashionable, and they don't generally change hands for millions of pounds in auction rooms, but to me they're a gold mine, they show us like nothing else what it was like to live in those incredible times, and they tell amazing stories. The most dramatic story of the age was the explosion of giant cities. To our Victorian forefathers they were a terrific shock. When Queen Victoria came to the throne, people were at best uneasy at, and at worst utterly terrified by these vast gatherings of humanity. Nothing like them had existed before. But by the time she died, the men and women of the age had pioneered an entirely new way of living: they had invented the modern city. At the dawn of the 19th century, Britain was on the move. Rumours had reached even the remotest villages and hamlets of incredible developments just over the horizon. Towns bigger than anyone could imagine, astouding new machines, and money to be made for those ready to take the risk. My own great-great-great-grandfather was in that tide of humanity that left the land in search of a better life. He, his wife and four of their children travelled to the industrial north by barge. They didn't really know what they'd find here, but they did know what they were leaving behind, and whatever they were to find here, it was better than begging for handouts or going hungry.

• 和訳をお願いします。

【1】  At last l was in Japan. l stepped out of the plane into the Narita Airport building for the first time. l was walking towards immigration when 1 saw it. It was the first time in my life. Two Japanese were standing in front of each other bowing, bowing, and bowing. They seemed to bow for even There was something else though - something very shocking. They were saying many things, but I could not understand. For the first time, l was in a country where I could not even guess a single word of the local language. To me, whatever those two people were saying to each other, it just sounded like noise. However, I could pick up one of the sounds very clearly. It was DOMO.  On the way out of the airport, I could hear again and again that same domo l had to find out what it was. Walking right beside me was a French businessman on his second two-day trip to Japan. He looked like an expert on things Japanese. “Well” he said, “my experience has taught me that it means something like thank you." Then he went on explaining:. "Whenever you want to thank anyone for anything and be polite at the same tune. just say ‘domo and it will be all right. And don*t forget. You have to bow every time you say thank you.* On hearing that I said to myself‘Oh, this is a very useful expression. I must remember it”