初めて日本に来た時の驚きと感動

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 初めて日本に来た時の感動と驚きを述べた話。
  • 現地の言葉が分からず、お辞儀を交わす二人が不思議に思えた。
  • フランス人の旅行者から「domo」という表現が「ありがとう」を意味すると教えてもらい、使い方についても学んだ。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

和訳をお願いします。

【1】  At last l was in Japan. l stepped out of the plane into the Narita Airport building for the first time. l was walking towards immigration when 1 saw it. It was the first time in my life. Two Japanese were standing in front of each other bowing, bowing, and bowing. They seemed to bow for even There was something else though - something very shocking. They were saying many things, but I could not understand. For the first time, l was in a country where I could not even guess a single word of the local language. To me, whatever those two people were saying to each other, it just sounded like noise. However, I could pick up one of the sounds very clearly. It was DOMO.  On the way out of the airport, I could hear again and again that same domo l had to find out what it was. Walking right beside me was a French businessman on his second two-day trip to Japan. He looked like an expert on things Japanese. “Well” he said, “my experience has taught me that it means something like thank you." Then he went on explaining:. "Whenever you want to thank anyone for anything and be polite at the same tune. just say ‘domo and it will be all right. And don*t forget. You have to bow every time you say thank you.* On hearing that I said to myself‘Oh, this is a very useful expression. I must remember it”

noname#133355
noname#133355
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.1

ついに私は日本についた。私は飛行機を降りて、成田空港のビルに初めて入った。私がそれを見たのは、私が入管の方へ歩いていた時だった。私の人生でそれは初めてのことだった。二人の日本人が互いに向き合って立って、何度も何度もお辞儀をしていた。彼らは他に何かあってもお辞儀をするようだったーとてもショッキングなことだった。彼らは多くのことを言っていたが、私は理解できなかった。始めて、私は、その土地の言葉を一言も推測できない国にいた。私にとって、その二人の人がお互いに何を話そうと、それは雑音の様に聞こえた。しかし、私はその音の中から一つとてもはっきりと聞きとることができた。それは「どうも」だった。 空港を出る時、私は何度も何度もまたあの「どうも」を聞いた。私は、それは何なのか調べなくてはならなかった。私のすぐ隣を歩いていたのは、日本へ二度目の旅行になるフランス人のビジネスマンだった。彼は、日本のことに関する専門家の様に見えた。「そうだね」と彼は言った「私の経験で知ったんだが、それはありがとうのようなことを意味しているんだよ」 それから、彼は説明を続けた。「誰かに何かについてお礼を言いたい時はいつも、同じ調子で礼儀正しくして、「どうも」と言いさえすれば、それでいいんだ。それから、忘れちゃだめだよ。ありがとうをいうたびにお辞儀をしなくてはいけない。それを聞いた途端、私は、「あぁ、これはとても役に立つ表現だ。覚えておかなくっちゃ」と思った。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をお願いします

When I arrived at the dormitory, a professor from the university was waiting for me. I wanted to make a good impression So I bowed and said something like "blah blah blah domo blah blah domo domo domo" I took great care to say the domo very clearly. The rest was in a very small and impossible-to-understand voice. Just the sounds. Notice that I said the last domo three times. I wanted to sound very polite. In English it would sound very strange saying thank you, thank you, thank you, so many times, but in Japanese it did not sound bad at all. Anyway, I didn't know what I was saying. The professor looked at me and smiled, "Oh! You speak Japanese very well." I was very happy. Only a few hours in the country and I was already learning the rules of Japanese politeness. Later the same day I met another professor. I bowed and again the same unrecognizable sounds and the dear domes. It worked well. This professor, too, smiled and congratulated me on the perfect Japanese I could speak. The French businessman was right. A bow and a domo, and everybody is happy.

• 和訳をお願いします

3 One of the people from the dormitory broke my tennis racket. He could not speak English very well so he said something like. "Domo, racket no good." He seemed to be very sorry. But he was saying domo― thank you. I got kind of angry! You can imagine. I lend him my racket, he breaks it and comes back saying, Thank you." Very surprising! Anyway, the following day he bought me a new one. The other day I was outside the dormitory waiting for Yoshitaka to pick me up. He was quite late, in fact more than 30 minutes late. Aren't the Japanese usually on time? Perhaps my friend was different. At last he turned up. "Domo, domo. Did you wait long?" He came at me waving his right hand. "These Japanese are really fanny people," I told myself. "He is Late and comes saying, Thank you, thank you.'" I was getting very confused. In this country do you have to say thank you for everything you do? I had already been in the country for four months and I still could not speak Japanese. But I wanted to sound as polite as possible. Therefore, I began to speak very strange sounding English. Here are some examples' 'Thank you, I was late." 'Thank you, he seems to be quite crazy." 'Thank you, this rain doesn't seem to stop." 'Thank you, excuse me." 'Thank you, I thought I saw Mr. Tanaka, but it was another person." "Thank you, he doesn't seem to understand." 'Thank you, it has been a long time since we met." 'Thank you, thank you." Everybody seemed to be very pleased when talking to me. "You am getting to be very Japanese," they used to tell me while uniting. Well, I thought, the English might sound strange to me. However, it, is very close to the way people speak here. So I kept talking l.hat way for quite a while.

• 和訳お願いします。

In operating the electric pen,I got my current from a Bunsen battery consisting of two glass jars, capped at the top and controlled by a plunger with which I lowered the plates into the acid solution or drew them up when the pen was not in use.Thus the life of the battery was prolonged. The pen had a needlelike point which darted in and out of the writing end so rapidly that the eye could hardly detect it. This was operated by a miniature clectric motor small enough to be attached to the upper end of the pen.The shaft containing the needle was given its motion by cams on the rotating engine shaft so that when the current was turned on,and I wrote with the pen,holding it in a vertical position, it made innumerable tiny punctures on the sheet of paper,tracing the words that comprised the letter. After the master copy of the stencil had thus been made, I took it to the 'press',where it had to be spanned in a frame before the copies could be made.A plain sheet of paper was placed on the press,the stencil was laid on top and an ink roller passed over it. The impression of the handwriting was marked on the under sheet by the ink through the holes made by the needle.It was said that 5,000 copies could be made from a single stencil.

• 和訳をお願いします。

和訳をお願いします。 Shishmaref is located on a tiny island in the Bering sea. To the east you can see the mainland of Alaska. I arrived in season when there in on night - the time of the midnight sun. I often watched the sun start to set and then rise again. The village had only about two hundred people, and I probably met them all in my first two or three days. The young people spoke English, but the older people used Eskimo all the time. I tried to learn a little of the Eskimo language every day, dut it was very difficult. The first thing I learned to say was, " I'm hungry." Their life was very simple and natural. As you may know, Alaska has many wild animals which the Eskimos hunt. These provide them with meat, oil, and skins for clothing. One day when we went hunting, I saw my first grizzly bear. It was majestic. This was the most vivid experience of my first stay in Shishmaref.

• 和訳おねがいします

After seven months, niy Japanese had not improved. In fact I didn't study the language at nil. Hut I hnd beoomo very good at wiving, 'Thank you." I had also tnado lots of friends. One owning 1 was BtaiuLng with ono of them, Koji, at Shinjuku Station. We were supposed to meet his girlfriend and go drinking. Sho wns a little late We were talking about. women always being late when, suddenly, a young man oame running up without looking. He ran into my friond and knocked poor Koji down to the floor, Koji looked very angry. The man stopped and said, "Domo domo... blah blah." I could not understand the rest but I think it was something like "Thank you, thaak you. I wasn't looking." Koji didn't look angry any more. He stood up and said something in Japanese. The other man bowed two or three times and left. This is a veiy happy country, I thought. Even if someone is very angry, no one ever fights. Just say, "Thank you," and everything is solved. It reminded me of Carnival time in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. There too, everybody is happy. Even if you get angry, the noise and the music make you forget about it very soon. Here in Japan that music seemed to be *Thank you." I explained my ideas about domo to Koji. He could not stop laughing. At last ho said, "There are many different doings. One for each occasion. Indeed, it seldom means thank you." I discovered the great mistake I had been making. The domos I translated as 'Thank you" weren't always tho same domo. Most people must have thought that I was a very atrange person, saying, 'Thank you" whenever I opened my mouth.

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳をお願いします What time is it? There are many ways you can find out the time. You may have a wristwatch on your arm. You can look at an arm clock beside your bed. People tell the time on the radio or TV. You can call a number on the telephone and get the time. It has not always been easy to know the time. A long time ago people looked at the sun to tell the time. The sun was their clock. They could tell the time of day by the place of the sun in the sky:morning,noon,or afternoon. After many years people began to see something else about the sun. When the sun shone on something,it made a dark shadow behind it. This was the place that did not get sunlight. As the sun moved across the sky,the shadow moved too. People could tell time better by the shadows that by the sun. They made something long and pointed so that the shadow was easier to see.

• 和訳をお願いします!

和訳をお願いします! I think that he’s an incredible dreamer, incredibly naïve, he’s incredibly smart in what he wants to be smart at he’s one of those guys that knows ten thousand little things but doesn’t know much about one big thing and it was really fun, it was really fun to read and... Again there was something inspiring about it, there was something child like about it. There was something oddly brave about it and the thing that was very cool about the part to me was that he’s a simple guy and in his simplicity he doesn’t over think the world. And so he just lets the world happen to him and I think that that’s a blessing a lot of the time. ある俳優のインタビューです。 自分の役柄について聞かれ答えているのですが、どうしても意味が理解できないんです。。。 長文ですが宜しくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• 和訳お願いいたします。

I didn't run for a very long time because of the cold weather ... so it was very tough, but I'm so happy I ran 10km. Hahaha ... I'm glad your father likes the chocolates. And your mother? Maybe she likes the pancakes more? 1 week ago we had to say goodbye ... it was a very sad moment and made me realize that you mean so much for me. And in house everywhere I look I need to think back when you were here. But in 2 weeks we will be together again and this time for longer time. It will be so nice to see your beautiful smile again ... your beautiful eyes ... it will be so nice to be with you. Thank you for suggesting such a good location. I didn't realize it was so convenient for me. Are you sure it's not too far for you? 1 hour seems to be a long time. I feel a little bit guilty because you will be working and I will be on holiday. I wish I could help you ...

• 和訳お願いします。

While the world was still in a furor over Edison's success in the early part of 1880,it became necessary to take certain precautions in the visitors allowed at Menlo Park.Many of these came in good faith,while some we found later,came for purposes not honorable.  I have already told of the note Edison sent to all employees on February 19,1880,and I might now say that its purpose wasn't solely that of a reprimand for the more garrulous boys:its main object was to prevent the imparting of certain information to strangers.That many spies came there wasn't doubt;well-known men came with the desire to spy out all they could and then to copy Edison's lamp,giving it a changed form.I shall come back to the case of one or two later.

• 和訳をお願いします。

The attack was to begin at 5:30 am on Easter Monday, 9 April 1917. The attack was originally planned for the morning of 8 April (Easter Sunday), but it was postponed for 24 hours at the request of the French. According to the first and most comprehensive book by a Canadian veteran of the battle, Eberts Macintyre, "It was nauseating to contemplate the horrors that the representatives of two Christian nations would inflict on each other at the time of the Easter festival each believing that he was in the right." During the late hours of 8 April and early morning of 9 April the men of the leading and supporting wave of the attack were moved into their forward assembly positions. The weather was cold and later changed to sleet and snow. Although physically discomforting for everyone, the north-westerly storm provided some advantage to the assaulting troops by blowing snow in the faces of the defending troops. Light Canadian and British artillery bombardments continued throughout the prior night but stopped in the few minutes before the attack, as the artillery recalibrated their guns in preparation for the synchronized barrage. At exactly 5:30 am, every artillery piece at the disposal of the Canadian Corps began firing.