• ベストアンサー

英語圏の友人からの日本語の文法での質問

英語圏の友人から質問を受けたのですが英語でどのように 答えてあげたらよいのかわからずこちらに質問させていただきました。 質問の内容は… 『What is the difference between the conditional and provisional tenses? For example, miru-mireba, and miru-mitara, don't they both mean 'if'? Like, if I see?』 みなさまのお力をお借りできればと思います。 よろしくおねがいします。

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#208392
noname#208392
回答No.2

ああ、それ難しいんで有名なテーマですね。 私ならこう説明します。 For me both "mireba" and "mitara" are conditional-provisional sentences. In Japanese there are four types of conditional-provisional sentences. 1) mi-tara 2) miru-to 3) mire-ba 4) miru-nara You are asking difference between “mire-ba” and “mi-tara”. So I fourcus these two types of doncitional-provisional sentences. As you understand, they both mean “if”. Sometime they mean “when”. - Anata o mire-ba, ureshiku omou. - Anata o mi-tara, ureshiku omou. (When I see you, I feel happy.) “mire-ba” and “mi-tara” means the same in almost cases. But these are not always exchangable. If main clause express the fact, these are exchangeable. - Taiyou o mi-tara, me ga itamu. - Taiyou o mire-ba, me ga itamu (If you see the sun, it harms your eyes.) If main clause express intention of a teller (the first person), you cannot use “mi-reba” in almost cases. For example, you can say. - Anata o mi-tara, koe o kakeru tumoridesu. (If I see you, I intend to talk to you.) But you cannot say, - (X) Anata o mire-ba, koe o kakeru tumoridesu. Only in case, that the person who do “miru” is different form a teller, you can exchante “mi-tara” to “mire-ba” - Anata ga watashi o mi-tara, watashi ha anata ni koe o kakemasu. - Anata ga watashi o mire-ba, watashi ha anata ni koe o kakemasu. (If you see me, I intend to talk to you.) If main clause is an order, suggestion and so on to hearer (the second person), you cannot use “mire-ba”. For exampel you can say, - Byoki no hito wo mi-tara, 119 ni dennwa shinasai. (If you see a person who is ill, you must dial 119.) But you cannot say, - (X) Byoki no hito wo mire-ba, 119 ni dennwa shinasai. Only one exception is the case in which main clause is a permittion. - Yuki o mi-tara, kaettemo ii. - Yuki o mire-ba, kaettemo ii. (If you see snow, you may go home). But in this case “mire-ba” emphasize minimum condition to do something. So we don't hear these sentenses completely the same although they have the same meaning.

その他の回答 (3)

noname#208392
noname#208392
回答No.4

#2です。 もしかしたら、この違いのことかもしれないから、私の説明を採用してくれるのなら、以下の一項目も付け加えてください。 "mi-tara" is used for a conditional (non-provisitonal) sentence. It means a sentence to express the fact in the past. Usually this expresstion is translated with "when". In this case, we don't use "mi-reba". - Kanojyo o mi-tara, kanojyo ha waratteita. (When I saw her, She smiled) - (X) Kanojo o mi-reba, kanojyo ha waratteita.

noname#195146
noname#195146
回答No.3

「見れば(分かる)」と「見たら(分かる)」は、さして違いはありませんね。どちらで言っても問題ないケースがほとんどです。問題ある例をちょっとすぐに思いつけないくらいです。  強いて言えば、以下のような違いがあります。 「見れば分かる」は、まだ見ていないという意識で言っています。「見る」ということについて、さらに何が「分かる」かについて、それが将来のことを推測して言っています。  一方、「見たら分かる」は、もう見た後だという意識で言っています。「見る」ということは済んでおり、その上でどう「分かる」かということを言っています。「分かる」も含めて、過去を分析しているような感じです。  ですので、「見たら分かった」を「見れば分かった」に言い換えると、ちょっと変な感じが無きにしも非ずです。この辺りに「見たら」が過去であることが、少し感じ取れるかもしれません。 >『What is the difference between the conditional and provisional tenses? For example, miru-mireba, and miru-mitara, don't they both mean 'if'? Like, if I see?』 Basically, there's no big difference between "mireba" and "mitara". If you ask me more about it, I'd say like this. "mireba" is "if/when you see it (, you'll get it.)", which means you haven't seen it, and you might be going to see it. "mitara" is "after you see it", which means like "You will get it after you see it" or "if you saw it (, you would get it.)" "see" is imaginarily a past action. These mean that "mireba" involve the future tense, whereas "mitara" has a past tense shade of meaning. So, it sounds natural to say "見たら分かった(mitara wakatta)", but "見れば分かった(mireba wakatta)" sometimes a bit awkward because "分かった(wakatta)" is a past tense verb of "分かる(wakaru: understand, get)".

• miknnik
  • ベストアンサー率48% (249/513)
回答No.1

As you said, these are 'tenses,' and that means that they include not only the conditional and provisional 'if' but conjugations. As you may know, 'miru' is the infinitive form of 'see.' 'Mireba' is a present conditional tense (stem, 'mir' plus suffix) whereas 'mitara' has a part that indicates past (stem, 'mita' plus suffix). So, you can translate these Japanese sentences, "Mireba wakaru," and "Mitara wakaru," into "You'll know if you see it," and "You would know if you saw it." とでも説明できると思います。

関連するQ&A

• 英語のジョーク

英語のジョークらしいのですが、何がおかしいのかわからないのですが・・・直訳しても意味をなさないので、何か引っ掛けがあるのでしょうか?  What is the difference between your boss and time?

• 日本語について(眠れない VS 寝られない)

いま日本語を勉強しています。 眠れない と 寝られない(?) は同じですか?違いはありますか? I wonder if 眠れない and 寝られない has same meaning and what's the difference between them. 1. 私は昨晩眠れなかった 2. 私は昨晩寝られなかった 同じみたいにみえるけど解らないです。 英語で答えてくれる人がいたらお願いします。

• 日本語にしてください。(*_*)

ネイティブの人の英語わかりにくくて訳できません。 お願いします! Oh cool!That u went to a theme park and had a nice time! Hee hee!Looks like a cool theme park too.Do they have this event everyday if not when?And what side of JP is it at?Like Tokyo etc?

• contagious and infectious

What is the difference between "contagious" and "infectious"? They both seem to have the meaning of propagating diseases. Does either of them have the meaning of "direct (by physically contacting)" propagation and the other is aerial propagation?

• 初めまして、こんにちは。

初めまして、こんにちは。 違いがわからないので質問させてください。 A: I don't have time. B: I have no time. また、AとBの違いは何ですか?と、質問したいときは下記の英語でよいでしょうか? What is the difference between A and B? お時間がありますときにでも、教えていただけましたら幸いです。 どうかよろしくお願いいたします。

• 日本語勉強中の方からの質問

日本語を学んでいる方から下記の質問をされました。 I learned about the んです form. But I don't understand when it's used exactly. Is it more polite? More friendly? What is the difference between どこで買いましたか。And どこで買ったんですか。 上記の文章はどちらも過去形ですし丁寧な言い方なので意味の違いっ てないですよね?? 普段何気なく使っている文章をじっくり見れば見るほど私も混乱 してしまって困っています・・・ ペンパルへの回答としては「どちらも同じ意味で丁寧な言い方 なので違いはないよ。もし友人同士の会話なら【どこで買ったの?】 というのが一般的かな」と書こうかなと思っています。 今ふと思ったのですが、どこで買ったんですかの方が口語的では あるんでしょうか? 国語のカテゴリーに投稿するべきか悩んだのですが外国の方からの 質問ということでこちらに投稿しました。 間違っていればすみません(>_<)

• 日本語に翻訳して下さい_(._.)_

Ah thank you What do you mean “suddenly suddenly let me down?” I didn’t mean anything bad from it (Cony sad) I only meant I don’t know if you would like me to do such things like that right away If you are worried that I’m not comfortable don’t be. I’m very comfortable around you, I’ve told you things I’ve never told anyone before. I even showed you my dick and I’ve never shown anyone that ever before. I’m very comfortable with you (heart)

• 英語と日本語

日本語を勉強中のアメリカ人です。下の質問に答えてください! 1.和訳お願いします。   Is there any difference in what each of these means? Under what circumstances would you use このまま and under what circumstances would you use そのまま? 2.このままとそのままに何か違いはあるのでしょうか?   これもできれば教えて下さい!

• 英語得意な方へ。英語に翻訳をお願いします

「あなたがいつもやっていることと、私が今やっていうこと、なにが違うの?」 を英訳してみました。(相手に自分のやり方で特に問題はないですよねと確認するニュアンスです) Please let me know what the difference between what you are always doing and What I'm doing now? もし、間違っている、ネイティブならこう言うなど、英語が堪能な方がいらっしゃいましたらご指導ください。

• 日本語から英語についての質問

日本語→「米国の法律に違反した場合、たとえ以前にこれらの行為を犯した後、改心しと責任のある市民になったとしても、移民は自国に強制送還されます。」 英語→「Immigrants is deported their native country if they violent the United States law, even if they reform themselves and become responsible citizens after committed these acts before.」 こちらの文章を日本語→英語にしました。合っているか見てほしいです。 よろしくお願いします。