子供のころの列車旅行の心躍る思いとは?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 子供のころに列車での旅行は心躍るものでした。
  • 大きな駅のホームにはさまざまな列車が並び、発車の瞬間には独特の高揚感がありました。
  • しかし、大人になった今でもその光景を鮮明に覚えています。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英作文の添削をお願いします

子供のころに列車での旅行というのは心躍るものであった。年に一度、夏休みに祖父母の家に行くときには、何時間も列車に乗ると考えただけでわくわくした。今では長距離列車を見ても、子供のころのように気分が高まることはないが、大きな駅のホームに日本各地に向かうさまざまな列車が並んでいる光景は鮮明に覚えているし、発車の瞬間の独特の高揚感を思い出すこともある。 It really excited me to travel by train in my childhood. When I went grand parents' house in summer vacations once a year, even thinking of getting on trains for hours makes me excited. Unlike when I am a child, now I don't feel such feelings when seeing long-trip trains. However, I vividly remember the scenery that there are various trains, which are going to many locations in Japan, in homes of a big station and I sometimes remember the particular excitement when trains start running. in japan in homesというのがどうかと思い、trains to many locations in japan を, which are ~ in Japan, に変えてみましたがどうすればよいのでしょうか? よろしくお願いします  

• aimury
  • お礼率96% (220/228)
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • jjubilee
  • ベストアンサー率75% (367/485)
回答No.3

1)子供のころに列車での旅行というのは心躍るものであった。 It really excited me to travel by train in my childhood. *** いいと思いますよ。形態的なミスはありません。 (例1)It made me so excited to travel by train when I was a child. (例2)Train travel in my childhood was really exciting. 2)年に一度、夏休みに祖父母の家に行くときには、何時間も列車に乗ると考えただけでわくわくした。 When I went grand parents' house in summer vacations once a year, even thinking of getting on trains for hours makes me excited. *** "went"→"went to" *** "grand parents'"→"my grand parents'" *** "in summer vacations"→"on (a) summer vacation"、これは旅行のルートは線になります。電線・電波と同じような扱いで、信号の密着という意味で"on"を使います。 *** "vacation"="holidays"と"day"が複数あることを意味しますので、"vacation"自体は単数の形です。 *** "went to"の時は"went to ~ for (a) summer vacation"という形もあります。 ***「~に行くために旅行に出かける」というスタイルもあります。"go on vacation to visit ~"です。 *** "even thinking of ~"でも意味は通じますが、"Just the thought of ~"を主語にした言い方がよく見られます。「~を考えても見てください!」というような効果があります。 http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=Just+the+thought+of *** "excited"と"exciting"の違いをうまく使って、1)の表現と重複しないようにすることも考えた方がいいかもしれません。 (例1)When I went to my grand parents' house on (a) summer vacation once a year, just thinking of getting on trains for hours makes me excited. *** "trains"は複数の列車に乗る変えること、"a train"だったら乗り換えなしの列車のような意味も想像させます。 (例2)Just the thought of being on a train on (a) summer vacation to visit my grandparents' place! It was really exciting. (/ It made me so excited.) *** "Just the thought of ~"の"~"が短ければ1つの文になりますが、長い場合は、"Just the thought of ~!"の名詞形で止める形もあります。 3)今では長距離列車を見ても、子供のころのように気分が高まることはない(が)、 Unlike when I am a child, now I don't feel such feelings when seeing long-trip trains. *** "am"→"was" *** "long-trip"→"long-distance"または"long-haul"という言い方もあります。 *** "now"は"such feelings"のあとの方が落ち着きます。 *** "when seeing ~"でも分からなくはないですが、ここでは標準的に"when I see ~"の方がいいと思います。 *** "like"は最近接続詞として口語では普通に使われるようになりましたが、"unlike"もその中間のスタイルとして、文の中の副詞句(節)なら使われているようです。"Unlike when ~"も実際にはあります。 (例1)I am not so excited when I see long-distance trains as I was when I was a child. *** "I am not excited"と"I was excited when I was a child"の文と文を比較級を用いて表すと構造は中学英語になります。こうすると、少し現代英語風の"unlike + 副詞句"を使わなくてすみます。 4)(が、)大きな駅のホームに日本各地に向かうさまざまな列車が並んでいる光景は鮮明に覚えているし、発車の瞬間の独特の高揚感を思い出すこともある。 However, I vividly remember the scenery that there are various trains, which are going to many locations in Japan, in homes of a big station and I sometimes remember the particular excitement when trains start running. 文構成上のアドバイス: ***「光景」という語が逐語的に "scenery"になったようですね。この語を使わずに表現すると構造は中学英語に近くなります。"I vividly remember + 名詞形"ですみます。 ***「~へ向かう」は"for ~"で簡単に表せます。"be bound for ~(~行き)"という表現です。日本の駅のプラットホームで「東京方面」は"For Tokyo"という看板が出ていますね。 > in japan in homesというのがどうかと思い、trains to many locations in japan を, which are ~ in Japan, に変えてみましたがどうすればよいのでしょうか?←上記参照 *** "homes"→"platform" *** "locations"→"destinations" このような英語に直しにくいに本文の場合は「大きな駅のホーム」「日本各地に向かうさまざまな列車」「並んで」「鮮明に覚えている」「発車の瞬間の独特の高揚感」「思い出すこともある」という部分的な日本語要素をできるだけ「名詞」と「修飾語句」に直し、その間を簡単な動詞でつなぐ方法に気がつくと英作は楽になります。そうすると、列車はプラットホームには並んでいないことが分かります。プラットホームは人間が立つ場所です。そこから各レールの上で列車が列をなしているのが見えるわけです。 「私」「覚えている」「見たのを」「列車の列を」「プラットホーム上で」 → I vividly remember seeing lines of trains (bound) for various destinations in Japan on the platform. プラス 「私」「覚えている」「(普通と異なる)興奮したのを」「列車がまさに発車しようとする時」 → I vividly remember seeing the trains leaving any minute in exceptional excitement. *** つまり「光景」という名詞が「see」という動詞に変わったということです。 (例1)I vividly remember, however, seeing, on the platform, lines of trains (bound) for various destinations in Japan and (seeing) the trains leaving any minute in exceptional excitement. *** "on the platform"は"seein"と離れすぎているため、挿入句として"seeing"に近づけています。 ***「今まさに~せんとするところ」は"be about to ~"という句もありますが、ここでは副詞句の"any minute"を使っています。この表現は覚えておくべきものです。 *** "exceptional"は少し難しいと思いますので、"great"とか他の語でもいいです。 (例2)But the sight of lines of trains (bound) for various destinations in Japan! The exceptional excitement when I saw the trains leaving any minute on the platform! They vividly live in my memory. *** この例は、「主語 + live in one's memory」に無理やり変換するために作った少し特別な手法です。 4)のような日本文を初級英語的な日本文に変換する方法も大切です。

aimury
質問者

お礼

名詞と修飾語でもっと簡単に書く方法も考えていきたいと思います ありがとうございましたm(_ _)m

その他の回答 (2)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

1。  大きな駅のホームに日本各地に向かうさまざまな列車が並んでいる光景は鮮明に覚えている     In large raiway stations, I clearly remember the sight of many trains side by side, destined to various parts of Japan. 2. し、発車の瞬間の独特の高揚感を思い出すこともある。 I also remember how exciting it was to watch these trains start moving. (「in japan in homesというのがどうかと思い、trains to many locations in japan を, which are ~ in Japan, に変えてみましたがどうすればよいのでしょうか?     上のようにするのも一案かと思います)    

aimury
質問者

お礼

なるほど ありがとうございましたm(_ _)m

• marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.1

I was really excited to travel by train in my childhood. When I went grand parents' house in summer vacations once a year, even thinking of getting on trains for hours made me excited. Unlike when I was a child, now I don't have such feelings when seeing long-distance trains. However, I vividly remember the scenery that there were many kinds of trains at the platform of big station, which were bound to various locations in Japan. And also I can still recall the particular exaltation when trains were about to start. 大変よく書けていますが、時制等気になる箇所を修正しました。 英語の作法としては、なるべく同じ語句を重複して使用しないというのがあります。 その点に気をつけると、より英語らしい文章になります。 更なる精進を期待しています♪

aimury
質問者

お礼

時制の間違いがひどかったです(汗 ありがとうございましたm(_ _)m

関連するQ&A

• ☆★京大英作文添削お願いします★☆(3)

'10年京大前期の英作文の問題の添削をお願いします。 問題は画像で添付いたしましたので、そちらを参照ください。 I was pleased with a trip by train when I was a child. I felt excited just to ride on trains for many hours in visiting my grandparents during my summer vacation. Now, I do not feel as excited at seeing a long-distance train as I did in childhood. However, I clearly remember that various trains come and go for many parts of Japan on the platforms at the great station; I sometimes think of my special excitement that I felt when a train departs.

• 英作文の添削をお願いします。

高校生です。英作文がとても苦手です。 とりあえず自分が考えた解答を書きますが、多分大幅に違うので正しい解答を教えて頂きたいです。 *図書館にいる人の邪魔にならないようにそっと入った。 I slide into the library in order not to disturb people there. *人が晩婚を選択する理由のひとつは、自由をできるだけ楽しみたいと思っていることだ。 (晩婚=marry late、becauseを使うこと) People marry late, partly because they want to enjoy as much their free time as possible. *ここ数日間であまりにも多くの人に会ったので、その人達の名前をすべて覚えているわけではありません。 Because I met so many people last a few days , I don't remember all their names. *現代人は忙しくて運動する時間がないためか、太った人が多い。 Many people of today are overweight , probably because they are so busy that they don't have a time to do exercise. *私は多くの障害にぶつかったが、友人達のおかげで何とか乗り越えることができた。 I ran into many problems but thanks to my friends , I could get it over somehow.

• 英作文の添削をお願いします

非常に拙い文章ですみません。 明らかにヘンなところだけでもOKですので、添削していただければ助かります。 ここはこう言った方がかっこいい!とかも嬉しいです。 私としては特に、「この状態では完璧に仕事をこなすことができないと思い」のところが不安です。 このままでは「仕事を全くこなすことができない」にとれませんか? I had learned Italian language in Italy before. After I have returned to Japan in 2007, I worked in an office where I helped candidates who want to study various arts in Italy. For this work, I could use mainly Italian language to communicate with staffs of the art school in Italy, but then it was also necessary writing and sometimes also speaking English because of various nationalities of candidates and students. Since I had learned English at university I can use it anyway. But I think that I couldn’t be useful perfectly in this situation so I left my job. Then I looked for other jobs which proper to me, but in Japan many works which are related to Italy require also ability of English. For this reason I decided to learn it seriously. I believe learning English will be much help for me.

• 英作文の添削をして下さい\(^o^)/

こんにちは! ついさきほど、住みたい国を自由に選びその理由を述べるというテーマの英作文をしました。 もし、不自然な点、明らかにおかしい点などがありましたらお教えくださいm(__)m I want to live in Hawaii. When my family and I visited there 5 years ago, we got a lot of fun. I spended most of times swimming in the sea. The sea was so clear that there were many kinds of fish. I think it's very nice to be able to swim there every day. Besides, all foods I ate in Hawaii were very delicious. I want to eat dishes which we ate at a restaurant once again. I think living in Hawaii is great. So I chose Hawaii.

• 英作文の添削、お願いします…

TOPIC:Japan should open its doors to foreign workers. I don't agree with this opinion.Many countries,say the US and Germany, are relatively open to foreign workers.Such countries insist that Japan should loosen limitation of influx of foreign workers.Certainly,they contribute to lower labor cost.However,there are many problems,such as conflicts of cultures and employment of foreigners. For example in Germany,many people came from other countries,mainly from turkey,to compensate Germany's lack of labor after the world war 2.However,there found conflicts of cultures.Many crimes happend.Besides,in early 1990s,it became difficult for Germans to get job.Foreign workers were regarded as nuisanses. In fact,there is no country that does not have any problems with foreign workers. Therefore,I don't think Japan should open its doors freely to foreign workers. 突っ込みどころ満載ですが…(若者がやりたがらない福祉の仕事なら雇用の点で衝突せずにすみますし)限界です。英語力、英作文力のなさに驚きました(〒_〒)

• 英作文の添削をお願いします。

『現在夢中になっていること、一生懸命やりたいこと』をテーマの英作です。 私は中学、高校とテニスをしていて、そのことについてを書きました。 自信のないところは和訳を付けておきます。 As you know,I belong to tennis club. I have started regulation tennis(硬式テニス)since I entered the high school. And, when I was a junior high school student, I played soft tennis in the club. I'm so crazy about tennis. This winter, we had many practice games. I found my weak points through them. One of them is about my mind. I tend to be weakhearted in the game.(私はゲーム中、弱気になりがちなのです。) Such time, there is a phrase which I remember.(そんな時、思い出す言葉があります) "Even though you lose the skills, don't lose the spirit."(技術で負けても、精神では負けるな) It is my junior high school teacher's. I want to be good at playing tennis so I'll practice hard keeping this phrase to myself.(私はもっとテニスが上手くなりたいので、この言葉を胸に、一生懸命練習したいです。) 添削お願い致します。

• 私の英作文を添削してください

急いで提出しなければならない書類なのですが、自分なりにやってみたのですがなにぶん英語力がないものでこんな感じに、、、。通じればいいというのではなくなるべくきれいな表現がいいといわれたので余計プレッシャーがかかってしまい困っていたところ、ここを思い出して添削をお願いすることにしました。 なにとぞよろしくお願いします。 「将来は日本語教師になりさまざまな国で日本語を教えたいです。 このプログラムは、日本語教師になりたい私にとって国際語である英語の能力をあげることができるうえ、子供たちに日本の文化や伝統を教えるという貴重な経験ができます。 子供たちにも私が勉強した日本の歴史や文化を教えることで、普段経験できない体験や知識を学んでもらうことができると思います。」 I would like to be a Japanese Language teacher and want to teach Japanese in various countries. This program can perform precious experience in which culture and tradition of Japan are taught to children and is possible to increase the ability of the English which is international language. I think that children can also have study experience and the knowledge which cannot be experienced usually because I teach a Japanese tradition and culture. いかがでしょうか、文法などでおかしなところ指摘していただきたいです。よろしくおねがいします。

• 英作文の添削をお願いします。

早起きは苦手という人が多いようだ。私も夜更かしは平気だが、早起きはとてもつらい。 ただ、所用で早く起きる日は気分が一新する。頬を打つ朝の大気は優しく快い。 一日がことさら長く、充実した時間をすごした実感がある。よし、明日からはと心に 決めるのだが、翌朝になるとその決心は鈍ってしまう。 It seems that many people are not good at waking up early.This is true of me very much, while I don't mind staying up late. However, I feel fresh in waking up early for some reasons. The air which awake me is comfortable. When I do it, I feel the day to be longer than usual and realize I spent full time in it. I heartily decide to do so from tomorrow, but I always lose the decision next morning. 回答よろしくお願いします。

• 英作文なんですけど・・ 添削お願いします!

(a)ジュース缶から飛行機まで、鉱物を利用して作られているものはいっぱいあります。 Many things are made in mineral matterial,which vary from can to airplane. (b)しかし、地下に埋蔵されている鉱物資源には限りがあります。 But the amount of mining resouces underground is limited. (c)特に日本ではこれらのほとんどを外国に頼っているので、できるだけ有効に使う必要があります。使えるものはもう一度使う努力をすべきです。 Because Japan depends on foreign countries for almost all supply of these,people have to spare it. They should try to reuse available things. へたくそな英文ですが、ここはおかしい、とか、こんな表現もあるよ、って所があったら教えてください!お願いします!

• 英作文の添削をお願いします。

使い捨てカメラや紙コップなどのように、始めてみたときはなんと便利なものだろうと感心するようなものも、資源の浪費や自然破壊につながっていることに気づいていない人も多いように思われる。 When we first see a camera which is used once and discarded or a cap made from paper and so on, we are touched and think how convenient they are. However it seems that many people have not rearized they are concerned with spending natural resources in vain or distruction of environment. 回答よろしくお願いします。