外国人留学生の働き方と企業の雇用意識について

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 私たち留学生は、最大29ヵ月間ビザなしで働くことができますが、実際には多くの企業が外国人を雇いたがらない状況です。
  • 就活は難しいですが、頑張ってみます。
  • 英語でのキャリアアドバイスをお願いします。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

添削をお願いします。

添削をお願いします。 「私たち留学生は、卒業後、最長で29ヵ月間、ビザなしで働くことができます。しかし、実際のところ、たいていの企業は外国人を雇いたがりません。」 We international students can work without VISA up to 29 months. But, actually most companies don't want to employ foreigner. これで正しいでしょうか、もう少し自然な言い方はありますか? あと、「就活はなかなか難しいですが、もう少し頑張ってみます。」を英訳する場合、  Although job hunting is difficult,  の後半の「もう少し頑張ってみます」はどのように言えばよいでしょうか? どなたか、宜しくお願い致します。

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.4

★これで正しいでしょうか、もう少し自然な言い方はありますか? →Butの後にカンマは(挿入句があるなど特別の事情がないかぎり)不要です。(逆に副詞のhoweverが「しかしながら」のような意味で使われているならカンマは必要です。 私なら以下のように書きます。 International students like us may be able to be employed without VISA for at most 29 months. However, in most companies, employers do not want to hire foreigners. ★Although it is quite difficult to get a job, I will do not want to give it up soon. 否定にしたほうが、感じがでそうです。もちろん、I will go on trying a little longerとかでも通じますが。 job hunting is difficultは抵抗があります。getiing a job is difficultのがいいかと思うのですが。難しいのはhuntすることでなく、getすることですから。もちろん、就職活動はhunting for a job, job huntingでかまいません。 以上、ご参考になればと思います。

eeyore5
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます!!参考になりました!!

その他の回答 (3)

回答No.3

job hunting のJ がなぜか大文字になっていました。訂正します。 Although job hunting is really hard, I'm going to keep at it a little longer.

eeyore5
質問者

お礼

再度ありがとうございます!

回答No.2

We international students are allowed to work without a visa for up to 29 months. But the fact is, most companies don't want to hire foreigners. 期間を表すので、up to の前に for が入ります。査証を意味する visa は一般名詞なので、全部大文字にする必要はありません。 「就活はなかなか難しいですが、もう少し頑張ってみます。」 Although Job hunting is really hard, I'm going to keep at it a little longer.

eeyore5
質問者

お礼

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

We international students can work without VISA up to 29 months. But, actually most companies are not eager to hire foreign nationals. Although job hunting is difficult, I will keep trying a bit longer. とも。

eeyore5
質問者

お礼

関連するQ&A

• 添削お願いします。

TOEFLのwritingの勉強用に英文を書いたのですが自分では採点できないので添削してください。 Q People attend university or college for many different reasons. Why do you think people attend college or university. A Most of my friends say `I attend university to graduate." So, I think people attend university to graduate. There are several reasons why I believe my friends are majority. First, to graduate university you have to get enough credits and nowadays the number of teachers who never give students credit without attendance is increasing. For example, one of my friend did very well on test but he could not get the credit because he rarely attend the class. Second, to get good job and high salary it is necessary for students to graduate university. If you want to become high-ranking official, you must graduate from university.There is a big difference between who graduate university and who did not on salary. This is decided by law so even if you have high ability, but did not graduate university you can not get high salary.

• 和訳お願いします。

I started studying Japanese language in 1974, in a Tokyo university with many other foreign students. Although the tests and lessons were well-designed, I was soon quite frustrated and dissatisfied with my progress in that situation. Most of my classmates were also non-Japanese, so the dangerous tendency was to speak in English or French outside of classes. Except for the small number who wanted to "brush up their English," the normal Japanese students refused to associate with the illiterate foreigners. I soon found that I had gravitated to a small group of Koreans and Hawaiians, who agreed to speak only in Japanese. However, I felt that my Japanese was not likely to improve much without native speakers as models. I was depressed by the number of Americans concerned only with obtaining as much money, sex, marijuana, or media-coverage as they could obtain during their year in Japan, rather than really trying to appreciate the culture in which they were guests. So I began to look around for a more isolated university which would admit and teach Japanese to foreigners, but without the problems of Tokyo's "international set."

• 英訳について。

英訳について。 こんにちは!皆様の力を貸していただけませんか? 外国の方と知り合いになり、メールがきました。 ‥が、なんとなーくの雰囲気は分かる(つもりかも)のですが、意味がつながりません。。結果、さっぱりわかりません‥助けて下さい。泣 文字数が足りなかった為、もう一つ英文投稿しています。宜しくお願いします。Actually I had a bit of a problem to get to Amsterdam. Although I booked a ticket from Brussels -> Amsterdam -> Singapore. But between Brussels and Amsterdam it's actually a train. Not an airplane. Because there were maintenance works in the Netherlands, so I had no direct train and I had to switch trains. But my train got technical problems and it took some time before they got fixed. So I lost my connection and I would be on time in the airport. So I decided to take a taxi ... and I arrived just in time before the gate closed ... pfew ... see how bad the trains are in Europe ... I think it might be difficult for you to get used to this, no? So I got here in Singapore. It's indeed a bit like coming home ... I have lived here once for 3 months and once for 9 months. I know how to find my way around very well. But things change very fast in Singapore. New buildings everywhere ...One thing remains the same ... it is SO WARM ... and very humid. Today it was 35 degrees. I used to like Singapore very much ... but now that I have been in Japan ... there are many things that I think are better in Japan. But my hotel in Singapore is much much better :) www.goodwoodparkhotel.com It's like having a small holiday :)

• 英語が得意な方!英文添削おねがいします

私はかつて、「母が今度の日曜日に、あなたに日本の家庭料理を味わってほしいと思っています」と言って、マレーシアから来た学生を夕食に招待した。 I once said to the student from Malaysia,"My mother wants you to enjoy Japanese home cooking next Sunday."and so I invated her to our supper. 彼女は私の招待を喜んで受けて、来る事を約束した。 She was willing to accept and made a promise to come. しかし、夕食の約束の前日に、彼女は私に電話をかけてきて、「明日いけません」と言った。 The day before promised day, however, she called and said that she couldn't come next day. 「どうして明日都合をつけられないのですか?」「では、一番都合がよいのはいつですか?」という私の2つの質問には答えず、彼女は「本当に申し訳ありません」と繰り返すだけだった。 She just repeated,"I'm really sorry."without replying my two questions,"How come you cannot make good?"and"Well, when is your most convenient day?" 彼女はいつもはっきりと言うのに、なぜこのことは曖昧なままにしたのだろうと、私は不思議に思った。 I wondered why she had such unclear attitude, who usually has clear attitude. 次に会ったとき、私はわざと厳しい口調で「あなたの国では、そのはっきりとした理由を言わずに約束を破ることが失礼だとは思われていないのですか」と彼女に聞いた。 Next time we met, I asked her,"In your country, don't you think breaking a promise without clear reasons is disrespect, do you?"with intentional strict tones. 彼女は私の質問に当惑したようだった。 She seemed to be bewildered for my question. 少しためらった後で彼女は答えた。 She replied after a little hesitation. 「京都にいる私のマレーシア人の友人の一人が、日本人が『どうぞ私の家にお立ち寄りください』と言う時は、本当はそのつもりではないと私に言いました。 "One of my Malaysian friends in Kyoto said to me that when Japanese people say 'Please come and see to my home' the word doesn't have true sense. 実際、ほかの人の訪問は、日本人にとって迷惑だと言うのです。 And she also said it's inconvenience for Japanese to be visited by other person. 私はあなたにご迷惑をおかけしたくなかったので、ご招待をお断りしたのです。」 So, I didn't wanna give a inconvenience to you and diclined your invitation." 彼女は続けて「なぜ、多くの日本人は社交辞令を使うのですか」と言った。 Constantly, she asked me,"Why do many Japanese people use meaningless words?" 今度は私が当惑する番だった。 I was puzzled in turn. かつて私も、「近くにいらしたらどうぞお立ち寄りください。」や「ありがとう。是非そうさせていただきます。」といったあいさつの言葉に同じような疑問を持った。 Once I also had a question about the greeting words,"Please come and see if you are near my house."and "Thank you. I'll do so by all means." これらのあいさつの意味を理解するのに私はかなりの時間がかかった。 It took a lot of time for me to comprehend the meaning of these greeting words. 私は彼女に説明した。 I explained to her that 「これらのあいさつは『あなたは私の家をいつ訪ねてきてくれてもいいくらいに親しい人です』 these greeting words meant "You are so intimate for me that I can accept your coming whenever you want to."and 『もちろん、わかっていますよ』という意味なのです。 "Of course, I know." このような社交辞令は、具体的な行動を起こすことを意図していないのです。 These meaningless words don't intend to take concrete actions. でも、私の招待は『母が今度の日曜日に、あなたに日本の家庭料理を味わってほしいと思っています』という具体的な言葉で言いましたよ。 Yet, my invitation involved concrete words,"My mother wants you to enjoy Japanese home made cooking next Sunday." 特定の日時で言ったのだから、けっして社交辞令ではなかったし、そのつもりで言ったのではありません。」 I gave you specific date, so it was never meaningless word and I didn't mean it that way. 私は彼女が来てくれなかったので本当にがっかりしたことを強調した。 I emphasized my disappointment for not coming her actually. 「日本文化には理解しにくいことがいくつかありますね。 "There are some things difficult to understand in Japanese cultures. でもあなたが私をほんとうに歓迎してくだっさたのだとわかってうれしいです。」 But I glad to tell your invitation is true." 彼女の心からの笑顔にわたしはほっとした。 Her smile from bottom of her heart made me relieved.

• 添削の添削お願いします。

(1)I get nervous whenever I talk to native speakers. (2)The company is located in Nagoya where is known for TOYOTA. と、友達にメールしたところ、 (1)I'm still finding it difficult when I talk to native speakers. (2)The company is located in Nagoya which is known for TOYOTA. と添削されて帰ってきました。 (1)この僕の文章は間違っているのでしょうか?あるいは、文法的には合っているが、口語ではあまり使われない表現なのでしょうか? (2)whereとwhichとthatの使い方が分かっていたと思っていたら添削されたのでショックですし、理解出来ず、余計分からなくなってしまいました。分かりやすい使い分け方ありますでしょうか? 宜しくお願い致します。

• どなたか英語に詳しい方、日本語に翻訳してください。

長文ですが、どなたか日本語に翻訳してください。 お願いします。 First,please allow me to introduce my self. i am monica guiao, 22 years old.now let me share a short story of my life. year 2010, it was the year that i finished my studies. on that year i also started to look a job. i am lucky because i was given the opportunity to teach a korean students. it was my first job.in terms of salary it was good but it is not enough in our daily lives so i decided to lokk for another job. until one day someone told me that japan is looking for a machine operator. we all know japan is one of the richest and the most beautiful countries in the world. so, i tried to apply.i am very much lucky because i was selected. november 13,2011, i remembered that day when i left my country to work in japan. it was such a ravishing feeling, thinking that i can reach my dreams. this was also the first time being far away from my family. but why should i stay away from my family. my goal is to earn money to give a better future for my family and in order to send my niece to school. It has already been 10months since we came here in japan. so, i realized that as a foreigner trainee in a japanese company, it is very important to learn their culture, and business practices and etiquettes.about the language, very few japanese can understand english. so, i realized that i really need to study to learn japanee language, to be able to communicate much easier with the japanese people. for me if you want to survive here, learn japanese. but i can say that with the help of takasaki san we learned a lot. About the japanese foods, for me all the japanese foods are delicious, especilly ramen. For now what i really want to do while in japan is to embrace and adopt the displine that the japanese so effortlessly display. It amazes me how naturally it comes to them, and I believe that this firmly rooted trait of the japanese is one of the key reasons to their progressive country. for the end of this presentation I would like to say thank you to all of you. thank you for trusting me to work here in taiyo yuden japan. I will assure that you will not repent that you chose me to work here in japan. once again thank you very much..

• 英文のチェックおねがいします

ある本の感想文ということで書いているのですが、 意味が取れないところ、文法的におかしいところがあったら指摘していただけたら幸いです。 文章の大体の内容は、大人になるために学校に行くのに、学校に行く期間が長くなっている今は昔より大人になれない人が増えている矛盾が生じているということについて話されていて、そのことについての感想(考察)ですのでお願いします。 In this article, it is said that paradoxical phenomenon is happening that the longer time you go to school, the more difficult to be an adult. But I think that school only help us to be an adult even if we go to school for a long time. Going to school is not directory related to be an adult. However, the society today is richer than before. It is certain to approach your ideal more easily. Why is it happening that there are many people who can't become an adult. We might not be able to grow up because we satisfy with our present situation. Actually, the people in the developing country are more ardent to study than those in the developed country such as Japan. "Strong feeling" that they want to change their current situation might make them do so. The "strong feeling" drives them to feel "I want to do". And then, to try to approach their ideal makes them to be an adult further more. We can put off growing up to be an adult in our society. You use this chance or kill it depend on you.(←このチャンスを生かすか殺すかはあなた次第) If you can keep a feeling to get better yourself without contenting your present situation, you will really grow up to be an adult.

• 添削してください

英語⇨ Heine wrote a poem based on this legend, composers such as Silcher and Schumann composed it, and it is continuing to sing. 日本語⇨ Heineは、この伝説に基づいて詩を書き、SilcherとSchumannのような作曲家が作曲し、後世に歌い続けられている。 こちらの英文を添削してください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 添削してください

日本語⇨ 彼女は若い頃作曲家としても活動していた。しかし、当時は女性が作曲家になることは世間に認められておらず、女性というだけで曲を正当に評価してもらえなかった。そのために37歳の頃に作曲をやめ、ピアニストおよびピアノ教師として生きることを決意する。 英語⇨ She was active as a composer when she was young. However, at the time, it was not accepted by the public that women become a composer, and it was not evaluated the song by equal just because a female. For that reason she quit composing around the age of 37 and decided to live as a pianist and piano teacher. こちらの英文を添削してください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 添削お願いします

添削お願いします 仮定法の文で(the Internet)の他に2語(available,information,useful,world,media)を使って文を作らなければならず、添削していただけると嬉しいです。よろしくお願いします。 The Internet is useful tool in all over the world if you have a problem while you are traveling.