Japanese mayor apologizes to U.S. over sex industry suggestion

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Understanding the translation of 'over' in the phrase 'apologizes to [A] over [B]' in English
  • Explanation of the grammar structure 'apologizes to [A] over [B]' and its meaning
  • Translation of news headlines for English language study on a blog
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英文中のoverの訳し方がわかりません。

CNNのヘッドラインに「Japanese mayor apologizes to U.S. over sex industry suggestion」という英文があります。 この、apologizes to U.S.は米国への謝罪とわかるのですが、つぎのoverがどういう意味なのかわかりません。 apologizes to [A] over [B] のような文法があるのでしょうか? 英語の勉強のためにブログ上でニュースサイトのヘッドラインを翻訳しています。 お力添えいただけたら嬉しいです。 http://japannews.hatenablog.com/entry/2013/05/29/073338

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.3

talk over http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=talk+over think over http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=think+over 等の句動詞を形成するoverと考えてよいでしょう。 【~について】 Japanese mayor apologizes to U.S. over sex industry suggestion. 『日本の市長、風俗提案に関し米に謝罪』

esesys
質問者

お礼

全文の翻訳までいただきましてありがとうございます。 参考にさせていただきました。

その他の回答 (2)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

下記の前置詞の17番「~について」「~に関して」だと思います。 http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=over

esesys
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 参考にさせていただきました。

noname#179504
noname#179504
回答No.1

この over は、about (に関して)の意味ではないでしょうか。

esesys
質問者

お礼

迅速なご解答ありがとうございます! aboutという認識がなかったです。 すっきりしました。

関連するQ&A

• この英文は通じますか?

私たち日本人は日本語を使う場合必ずしもきちんと文法どおりの日本語を使っているとは限りません。それはたぶん米国人も同様だと思います。そういう視点で下記の英文はごく一般の米国人に通じないものでしょうか?通じさせるとしたらどこをどう変えるべきでしょうか? I who am the resident of 1-2-3 Teramachi kokura―Ku Tokyo-To consent to recognize it as Mr. John F. Kennedy which lives in 789 Stevens Ave.,Torrance, NY. U.S.A being my fetus's father.

• denyの使い方について

ネットニュースで、 “Japanese metal band Loudness was denied entry to the U.S. ” とありました。 ふと気になったのですが、なぜdeniedの後ろはentringではなく動詞の原形なのでしょうか。 他にも同じような使い方をする動詞があれば、教えて下さい。

• 英文ニュースの訳をお願いします。

The new agreement says the Japanese government will shoulder fewer salaries for Japanese working for the U.S. military and utility costs at U.S. military facilities. shoulderが非常にわかりずらいです。 The expenditures gained through such reductions will cover efforts to introduce environmentally friendly technology in U.S. military personnel residences under the ‘‘Green Alliance’’ initiative.   そのような削減をして得た予算はGreen Allianceの率先としてアメリカ軍人住宅の環境にやさしい技術を生み出す対策を秘めている。 こんな感じの訳でいいでしょうか?アメリカ軍人住宅?環境にやさしい技術? なんかよく分かりません。

• 英文の添削,お願いします。

英文の添削の指導を,お願いできないでしょうか? あなたは立つ位置が近いですね。日本人は話をする時、かなり距離をとります。 測ったことはないけど1m以上は取ると思いますね。 1,You stand closer to me. Japanese stand pretty apart. I haven't measured it though, it must be over 1 memter away. 2,You stand close to me. Japanese people keep more distance when we talk. I haven't exactly measure it, but we’re one meter away from each other. 物を大切にしましょう。 Let's try not to waste materials. Let's not waste your stuff. Let's stop wasting your things.

• 英文の添削をお願いします!

1)If I had put the key in the usual place, I would have found it easily. 2)If I have a little more time, I could have looked over my test paper again. 3)If I had taken my brother's suggestion, the situation would have been different from what it is now. 上記の文が文法的に合っているか(動詞・助動詞など)教えていただきたいです。 間違っている場合はアドバイスをお願いします。

• 英文の訳がわかりません

よろしくおねがいします。 From buzz that Katie Holmes was being followed by the Church to speculation over the influence Tom Cruise's controversial religion had during the settlement negotiations, the role of Scientology in the couple's split has been followed just as closely as the beginnings of their separate new lives. こちらの文なのですがどのように訳すのでしょうか? またこれは文法的にはどういう文法の組み合わせなのでしょうか?peapleのwebサイトを読んだのですがこの後の文はわかりましたがこの文章はどのように区切って読んだらいいのかわからずまた倒置法なのか何かわかりません。 よろしくお願いします。

• 下記の英文を教えてください。

We’ve a review call in yesterday night and talked about your AAA deal for AAA. Understand that you are still discussing with your partners about AAA. However, we would like to know that if the suggested guarantee is US$6 over 00 years (last offer is US$9 over 00 years), then can you accept this? To be honest, my company really want to support this project as we would like to get some good projects for AAA in USA market. Meanwhile, this is our company’s suggestion only. At last, this also need to be approved by licensor, AAA. Anyway, please help to advise your thought shortly. Thank you.

• 英文についての質問です

The U.S. Navy currently has a fleet of 272 ships and is expected to increase that total to 308 ships in five years. This option would instead reduce the size of the fleet to 230 ships over the same timeframe. ここで言われているのは「5年間で272から308隻に戦艦(船隊?)を増やす予定だが、このオプションでは同じ5年間で230に戦艦を減らす」ということでしょうか? 分かる方、間違っていれば訂正して欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の構造を教えて下さい。

下記の文章構造を教えて下さい。 In a case that human rights lawyers and activists worry could condone racial discrimination against foreigners by Japanese businesses, the Osaka District Court rejected a lawsuit Monday that was filed by a black American man who was denied entry to a store apparently due to his color. (出典:Japan Times) 大意は「裁判の結果が人種差別を許す(大目に見る)事になると心配する」だと思うのですが、 文法的に文章の構造をご解説お願い致します。 (文章を解りやすく並べ換えると、どうなるのでしょうか)

• 英文の全訳をどうかお願いします

Japanese culture is now "in", especially as the demand for Japanese products has spread from the showroom to supermarket shelves and restaurants. Sushi has become a national fad. New York City has literally hundreds of Japanese restaurants, but you can find them in small towns as well. Tofu is everywhere and is even used as a base for substitute ice cream. On a recent trip to a supermarket in southern New Hampshire I found the following items: Cup Noodles, Sapporo Ichi-ban romen, daikon, shoga, miso, gyoza, skins, shoyu, taro-imo, gobo, and shiso. Futon have become popular as alternative mattresses and in some cities you can even have tatami installed in your floors by Japanese craftsmen. The growing strength of Japan has also had a drastic effect on the Japanese perception of America and Americans. Japan has never before approached this kind of equality with the U.S. and sometimes has difficulty coping with the new reality. Now that Japan has attained great power status in the postwar world, it sometimes seems as if the Japanese do not know what to do with that status. Certainly there is a great deal of well-deserved pride in what has been accomplished, but there is also an unfortunate tend-ency to took down on the United States as a fallen giant. It is almost as if some Japanese could not believe that they could have achieved equality with the U.S.; the U.S. must have fallen to their level.