• ベストアンサー

英語 go out of

Some manufactures went out of 【  】 because of the recent recession. (1)work(2)business(3)job(4)labor 正解は(2)ですが(1)は何故駄目なのでしょうか? Some manufactures went out of work because of the recent recession. 製造業者の中には最近の不況のために失業した者もいる としても正しい様に思えてしまいます。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

manufacture(s) は「製造工場」ですので、out of business 「倒産して」を選びます。 manufacturer(s) が「製造業者」「メーカー」です。「者」という漢字を使いますが、人ではなく会社のことです。いずれにしても「失業」ではなく、「倒産」の意味の方につながります。

tokuyak58
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。

その他の回答 (1)

• cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

"To go out of business" - - - 廃業すること "To lose business/work" - - - 仕事を失う事 "To be out of work" - - - 職を失うこと です。 "Go out of work" という表現は使いません。

tokuyak58
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• get out of work

My boyfriend and I have been together for 6½ years. He went on vacation a few months ago without me (I could not get out of work), and he met a woman on the plane ride there. She is his age, had similar interests, and loves beer. He gave her his number with the intent of possibly setting her up with our mutual friend whom he was visiting on vacation. get out of workとsetting her up withの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• grow out of the blackouts

he has a serious problem controlling himself when drinking. If he crosses the line, which is very easy for him to do, he loses control and acts like a giant, lobotomized toddler set loose in the city. His friends and family ignore it (because it's disarmingly charming to see a tall Brit behave like a puppy on ether), but I worry about the future. He believes we can work through it— he'll grow out of the blackouts, grow out of the blackoutsの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 英語論文の添削

以下の文が適切な文か添削してください。  Applying the IBL players to flame works of the past sport labor migration studies, all of them can be considered as “Pioneers” because of contribution for diffusion of baseball to Israel as baseball barren (Maguire: 1996). On the other hand, the players who had professional experience participated in this league with a bad hiring condition because they were fired from another league. Considering about this situation, they should be regarded as “up-ward transaction players” (Chiba and Ebihara, 1999). Oppositely, the majority players who only had amateur experience can be seen as “up-ward transaction players” (Chiba and Ebihara, 1999). And they can be seem as “Mercenaries” (Maguire: 1996) because all the players spent two months training camp life in principle during the season and went back to their home countries soon after the tournament. After basing these past studies, this paper classifies the IBL players into four types; “prospect” type as object for development of players and “baseball labor” type as necessary worker for that players development from developing countries, “vacation” type and “ego-seeking” type who participated for self-actualization from developed countries. Then this article illustrates that transformation about flame work of sport labor migration was found in the IBL by verifying some examples.

• 複数か単数か

University students are having a hard time finding jobs because of the prolonged [protracted] recession. 長引く景気の低迷で、大学生は就職難だ。 finding jobsのところは、得る仕事は大抵1つなのでfinding a jobではないのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英語が合っているか見て欲しいですm(__)m

how are you?に 『今は元気だよ。インフルエンザでずっと寝込んでたんだ( ̄ー ̄;)。でも熱も治まったし明日からまた仕事行くんだ?』と言いたいのですが、 I'm good now. I have been laying down because of flu. But my fever went down and I'm going back to work tomorrow.←英語合っていますか?

• 英語から日本語へ翻訳して頂けますか?

Yes i really enjoy your email ..please question me any time is that i am busy some time i get so mush calls all day about web site work or graphic design work ... and i travel all over Orlando to go to some business to make some ads or some website... and some time i work on my prototype site Call end went i have time to check my email i i try to think of a question .but my mine is thinking of something from work ..and that is way i am busy ... こちらの文章です。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英訳 下記の日本語を英語でなんていえばいいのかがわかりません。

英訳 下記の日本語を英語でなんていえばいいのかがわかりません。 アドバイスお願いします。 (1)A子は仕事のため今日のクラスは欠席です。 →She will miss this class because she is at work. かな?と思ったのですが、WILLではなくて現在進行にするのかな? と疑問に思いました。また。仕事のためを「because of her work 」としてもいいのでしょうか? (2)クラスのみんなはまだ全員そろっていない some of us are not here. という表現かな?と思ったのですが、違うような。。。 (3)あそこの席にいる彼と同じものください。 I`d like the same as his. 「あそこの席にいる彼と」というのをなんていえばいいのかわからないです。。。。

• 次の英文が部分的に分かりません。

Their aim is to work themselves out of a job by training local people to take their place. 上の英文でto work themselves out of a job の意味とthemselvesが 何の代名詞なのか、また最後のto take their placeの意味とtheirが 何の代名詞なのかが分かりません。 何方かお教え願えませんか?

• 次の英文が部分的に分かりません、ご教授下さい。

Their aim is to work themselves out of a job by training local people to take their place. 上の英文のto work themselves out of a job の意味とthemselvesが 何の代名詞なのか、また最後のto take their placeの意味とtheirが 何の代名詞なのかが分かりません。 何方かお教え願えませんか?

• 英語の会話文の問題で質問です。

英語の会話文の問題で質問です。 本文 John: We dislike bitter tastes because lots of poisons are bitter. Dave: Well,anyone for a nice cup of poison - I mean - coffee?      Or how about some strong dark chocolate? 問題分 John claims that we dislike bitter things because they are bad for us. Dave shows his disagreement by 選択肢 ア arguing that coffee is poisonous. エ pointing out that some people love bitter tastes. (イとウは省略) 解説によると正解はエだそうです。 しかしなぜエが正解なのかわかりません。 Daveのセリフの訳は 「じゃ、誰かおいしい毒を1杯飲む?もちろんコーヒーのことだよ。 さもなければカカオ分の多いブラックチョコレートはどう?」です。 解説には「Daveはコーヒーとブラックチョコレートを苦いものの代表として挙げていて、 苦い味が大好きな人もいると指摘している」と書いてありました。 なぜDaveが「苦い味が大好きな人もいる」と主張していることになるのでしょうか? 「じゃ、誰かおいしい毒を1杯飲む?もちろんコーヒーのことだよ。」というセリフから判断して アを選びましたが不正解でした。 「Daveはコーヒーは毒だとは言っていない」と解説にありましたが、 そう判断できる理由はなぜでしょうか? エが正解である理由とアが不正解である理由を教えてください。