• ベストアンサー

どんな遊び?

次の英文があります。 解らないところが数か所あります。 よろしくお願いします。 I can't get to sleep, I count silently by twos, picturing each number in my mind as I think it. still wide-awake at two-twenty(twotwenty?). この文中のby twosといのはふたつづつ数えるということですか? two-twentyとはどのような数の数え方ですか? またこれはどのような遊び?なのでしょうか?

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • tanuki4u
  • ベストアンサー率33% (2764/8360)
回答No.1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wwydguSKOU こういうことのようです。 んで 2からカウントして12まできたら、結局 目が覚めちゃったってことじゃないかな。

hanazonosan
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (1)

• mis_muffet
  • ベストアンサー率18% (190/1038)
回答No.2

Count by two はNo.1 さんのおっしゃる通りです。two-twenty は、「220まで数えたのにまだ目が冴えている」、または「2時20分になったのにまだ目が覚めている」のどちらかだと思います。

hanazonosan
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 有線(チャンネルはわかりません)で流れている曲のタイトルを。

仕事中に有線で流れている曲が気になっています。 検索でしらべたのですが、 聞き取れたのがよく使われるフレーズだけなので、 未だに確定できません。 もしご存知でしたら教えて下さい。 分かっていることは以下の3つです。 ・イントロがオーケストラ ・男性のソロボーカル ・サビに以下のフレーズがありました。 close your eyes go to sleep. when you awake, you not alone. I still with you. 宜しくお願いいたします。

• 英文書き換え教えてください

単文に書き換えなのですが(   )何が入りますか? Every time I drink coffee, I can't sleep at night. I can't drink coffee without ( not being able to sleep) at night.   では不正解でした。 → I can't drink coffee without (             ) at night.  よろしくお願いします!!

• 通貨の読み方について

次は、Economist の一文です。 この中の通貨の読み方について教えてください。 $1.22 は、 one dollar twenty-two cents one point twenty-two dollar one point twenty-two dollars one point two two dollar one point two two dollars one point twenty-two one point two two その他 €2.92 は、 two euros ninety-two ?? two euros ninety-two two euros nine two その他 などなど、正しい読み方、慣用的な読み方を教えてください。 --------------- Our annual Big Mac index (see table) suggests they have a case: the euro is overvalued by 17% against the dollar. How come? The euro is worth about $1.22 on the foreign-exchange markets. A Big Mac costs €2.92, on average, in the euro zone and $3.06 in the United States. The rate needed to equalise the burger's price in the two regions is just $1.05. To patrons of McDonald's, at least, the single currency is overpriced. ※€ は、ユーロ通貨マークの文字化けです。

• 和訳お願いいたします。

I had to think of you ... in my mind we were already enjoying our holiday :) I won't keep you awake anymore. 以上です。ありがとうございます。

• 訳がわからなくなってきました...

アメリカ人とのメールです。彼の言った that がどれを指しているのか、考えたら分からなくなってきました。。 私1回目:I don't want to meet you now but I may change my mind tomorrow. Hope I get to meet you before I leave. 少し間をおいて私2回目:still want to hang out? 私3回目(返事がなかったので機嫌が悪くなって): okay, bye アメリカン: yeah, I think I'd still like that アメリカンの言った that は、いったいどれを指してるのでしょうか? 最初は前の okay, bye かなと思ってましたが。。 英語に詳しい方の回答のみお願いします。

• 英語をうまく和訳できません

英語をうまく和訳できません。 ネットの自動翻訳してみましたが、さっぱり意味がわかりません。 Friendship is a one way road to be traveled by two, with hand in hand, to care, to share, to forgive, and to say silently "I'm always with you". 自分の訳 → 友情と手をつないで1つの方法は二人で旅をする、 、 共有するには、許して、ケアのための暗黙のうちに"私はいつもあなたと言っている"です

• 日本語訳をお願いします

Um, prepare supper for eighteen hundred, and then eighteen hundred to twenty-two is wash up after supper.And twenty-two to zero-two you can just sit and drink tea, ok? With regard to watches, um, if you can be on time, be vigilant ,keep the log, which is the log book we have to write,and stay awake. Josh, if you want to take care and do the anchor and get a couple of people to help you. 上の文章は、船長らしき人が船員に向かって言っているのですが、数字のeighteen hundred、eighteen hundred to twenty-two、twenty-two to zero-twoは何を示しているのでしょうか? また、最後の文章の、if you wanto to take care and do the anchorですが、何をtake careするのでしょうか?このanchorは碇でしょうか?get couple of people to help youは、人手が必要だったら何人か連れていっていい、と言う認識で大丈夫でしょうか?help youの後は、periodが入ってて、次はまったく別の話が始まります。 英語が得意な方、また船上で使われる言葉に詳しい方、教えてください!よろしくお願いします。

• どのような意味でしょうか

I have been having the same problem with my husband for years. He sets his alarm incredibly early in the morning and mine goes off about two hours later. He gets up with his alarm about two-thirds of the time. Even then, he’s never the first to respond to it. Every single morning for 10 years, I’ve had to shake him awake to shut off his alarm, and sometimes I have to repeat it every 20 minutes until he gets up. I do not fall asleep so readily, so I am often awake in between snoozes. awake in between snoozesはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 和訳してください\(+×+)/

question:I have difficulty sleeping at night and often find that it takes me two hours to nod off. Yet when I travel as a passenger in a car, bus or train, I find that I can fall asleep in minutes, often without intending to, and even while listening to music. I have woken up at the end of a journey only to fall into bed and be unable to sleep. Why is it that the quiet, relaxing and comfortable environment of a bed is less likely to let me sleep? answer:I too used to suffer from the 'fall asleep anywhere except in bed' syndrome. My idea was that it was mostly caused by my state of mind. When traveling, the noise and warmth can help sleepiness occurーtogether with the fact that one is usually not supposed to be doing anything. However, at bedtime it seemed that my mind would start some serious thinking because there was nothing to disturb me. That, together with the anxiety of looking at the clock past midnight, giving notice of another sleepless night, would keep me awake.

• 英語でメッセージを送りたいのですが・・・

I've been happy and I'm still happy since we got to know each other by chance. このあとに続く文章をどうしようかと考えているのですが・・・ でも私は単なる偶然じゃなかったと思ってるよ、そしてもっと先に (変な意味じゃなくて、もっとあなたを知りたいとかそんな意味で) 進めるといいな。 という言葉を付け加えたいです。 I believe it was not just by chance and I hope I'd like to know more about you. これだと変ですか?()の意味そのままになっちゃいますね・・・。 私自身あまり難しい言葉とか言い回しを使って話すことができないので、できるだけ簡単な文で表現したいんです。。 (レベルで言うと中学生くらい?) あと、これは大丈夫でしょうか? I hope we can meet up soon and I am looking foward to it indeed. 早く会いたいというのと、それをすごく楽しみにしているという意味で考えたのですが。。。 よろしくお願いいたします。