ユダヤ教とキリスト教の創造物語と近代宇宙論の違い

このQ&Aのポイント
  • ユダヤ教とキリスト教の共通の宇宙の創造物語は、全く何もない状態から始まる。
  • 一方、近代の宇宙論は、全くの無から始まり、さらに宇宙自体さえ存在しない状態から始まる。
  • この点で、ユダヤ教とキリスト教の創造物語と近代宇宙論は異なっている。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

和訳

The Judeo-Christian creation story begins with a void,which is nowhere near as strange as modern cosmological theory,which begins with absolutely nothing,not even space itself. ユダヤ教とキリスト教共通の宇宙の創造の物語は全く何もないところから始まり、同様に近代の宇宙論も宇宙それ自身さえもない全くの無から始まる。ということはわかったのですが、ひとつ目のwhichのあとにどうしてnowhere(どこにも~ない)がくるのかわかりません。正しい訳をお願いします。

• ktdg
  • お礼率54% (85/156)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

ユダヤ教とキリスト教共通の天地創造の物語は虚無から始まる。 その虚無は近代宇宙理論の不思議さからは程遠く, その宇宙理論は空間自体さえないまったくの無から始まる。 結局,ユダヤ教キリスト教共通の天地創造の物語は無から始まるといっても, 近代宇宙理論が無から始まるのと比べると,strange さがきわめて小さい。 nowhere near ~で far from ~と同じ意味で, 「~ほど遠い,~どころではない」です。 最初の , which ~は void の説明,後の , which ~は近代宇宙理論の説明です。

ktdg
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳

和訳 We have seen that, to the savage, the world which lies beyond the community to which he belongs-i.e. beyond his group and the groups associated with it on terms which are friendly rather than hostile- is a world strange and mysterious, peopled with beings whom he hates or fears as his deadly foes. He thinks of them as belonging to an order other than his own, as less or, it may be, as more than human; and he looks upon them as absolutely rightless, for the sphere of rights is codeterminous with the sphere within which he himself lives. As regards himself, life is possible for him only within the little circle of his community. 未開人にとって彼が属する共同体の向こうにある世界とは ――すなわち彼の集団や敵対よりむしろ友好的である諸集団の向こうにあるその世界とは――、 彼が嫌い、執念深い敵と恐れる存在で満たされる奇妙で神秘的な世界であると私たちは理解してきた。 未開人はそうした存在を自分とは別の秩序に属するものと考える。 そして未開人はそうした存在を完全に権利のないものとみなす。 権利の及ぶ範囲は、彼自身が暮らす階層と共同決定?(codeterminous with)であるからである。 彼自身について、生活はその共同体の小さな輪の中でだけ可能である。 自分の訳に自信がもてません。 1.「on terms」以下をどのように訳すのでしょうか 3.「as less or, it may be, as more than human」をどのように訳すのでしょうか。

• 和訳お願い致します

The word beginning,' he says, as applied by Moses in the first verse of the book of Genesis, expresses an undefined period of time which was antecedent to the last great change that affected the surface of the earth, and to the creation of its present animal and vegetable inhabitants, during which period a long series of operations may have been going on; which as they are wholly unconnected with the history of the human race, are passed over in silence by the sacred historian, whose only concern was barely to state, that the matter of the universe is not eternal and self-existent, but was originally created by the power of the Almighty.' The Mosaic narrative commences with a declaration that in the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.' These few first words of Genesis may be fairly appealed to by the geologist as containing a brief statement of the creation of the material elements, at a time distinctly preceding the operations of the first day; it is nowhere affirmed that God created the heaven and the earth in the first day, but in the beginning; this beginning may have been an epoch at an unmeasured distance, followed by periods of undefined duration during which all the physical operations disclosed by geology were going on.' The first verse of Genesis, therefore, seems explicitly to assert the creation of the universe; the heaven, including the sidereal systems; and the earth, especially specifying our own planet, as the subsequent scene of the operations of the six days about to be described; no information is given as to events which may have occurred upon this earth, unconnected with the history of man, between the creation of its component matter recorded in the first verse, and the era at which its history is resumed in the second verse: nor is any limit fixed to the time during which these intermediate events may have been going on: millions of millions of years may have occupied the indefinite interval, between the beginning in which God created the heaven and the earth, and the evening or commencement of the first day of the Mosaic narrative.'

• 和訳をお願いいたします

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたのみで。 お願いできますでしょうか? 多分抽象的ではないと思います。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 He will have a name that sounds like it begins with the initial letter A or Y, He will have another name that sounds as though it begins with the initial D, If there is a third initial it will seem to be N or M, I do not know in which order the initials come, and I cannot tell for certain how many names your soul mate will have. The reason I give you three initials, is because in most countries people are given three names.

• 和訳お願い致します。

The hypothesis adopted by Dr Buckland was first promulgated at a time when the gradual and regular formation of the earth's strata wasn't seen or admitted so clearly as it is now. Geologists were more disposed to believe in great catastrophes and sudden breaks. Buckland's theory supposes that, previous to the appearance of the present races of animals and vegetables,there was a great gap in the globe's history—that the earth was completely depopulated as well of marine as land animals; and that the creation of all existing plants and animals was coeval with that of man. This theory is by no means supported by geological phenomena, and is we suppose, now rejected by all geologists whose authority is valuable . Thus writes Hugh Miller in 1857, 'I certainly did once believe with Chalmers and with Buckland that the six days were simply natural days of twenty-four hours each, that they had comprised the entire work of existing creation, and that the latest of the ages was separated by a great chaotic gap from our own. My labours at the time as a practical geologist had been very much restricted to the palaeozoic and secoundary rocks, more especially to the old red and Carboniferous systems of the one division and the oolitic system of the other ;and the long-extinct organisms which I found in them certainly didn't conflict with the view of Chalmers. All I found necessary at the time to the work of reconciliation was some scheme that would permit me to assign to the earth a high antiquity and to regard it SSS scene of many succeeding creation. During the last nine years, however, I have spent a few weeks every autumn in exploring the late formations, and acquainting myself with their particular organisms.

• 英訳お願いできませんか?

(1) After the Second World War, educational theory configured itself as a science that critically reflects the post-war educational system, which first underwent a reorganization before it actually began to function around the year 1960.

• 和訳お願い致します。

The question of the meaning of the word bara,'create,'has been previously touched upon;it has been acknowledged by good critics that it doesn't of itself necessarily imply 'to make out of nothing upon the simple ground that it is found [to be]uesd in cases where such a meaning would be inapplicable . But the difficultly of giving to it the interpretation contended for by Dr Buckland and of uniting with this the assumption of a six days' creation, such as that described in Genesis, at a comparatively recent period, lies in this,that the heaven itself is distinctly said to have been formed by the division of the waters on the second day. Consequently , until. The first Mosaic day of creation, there was no sky, no local habitation for the sun,moon and stars, even supposing those bodies to have been included in the original material. Dr Buckland doesn't touch this obvious difficulty, without which his argument that the sun and moon might have been contemplated as pre-existing , although they aren't stated to have been set in the heaven until the forth day, is of no value at all.

• 和訳をお願いします!!!

My mind received new ideas every day. One day I found a fire which some travelers had left. Delighted by its warmth, I put my hand into it, but immediately drew it out again with a cry of pain. How strange, I thought, that the same cause should produce such opposite effects. I soon learned how to keep the fire burning and when night came again, I found with pleasure that it gave light as well as heat. この英文の訳が知りたいのですが、自分ではうまく訳せないのでわかる方訳を教えてください!! 私の心は毎日新しい考えを受け取りました。ある日、私は、何人かの旅行者が残した火を見つけました。その暖かさによって嬉しくて、私はそれ(火)に手を入れましたが、すぐに再び苦痛の叫びでそれ(火)から手を出しました。なんて奇妙でしょう、同じ原因はそのような逆効果を生むべきだ。と私は思った。私はすぐに、火を燃えさせ続ける方法を学び、そして再び夜が来たとき、それ(火)が熱と同様に光を与えることが喜びとわかった。

• 英訳をお願いします。

Carl Saganの言葉で"A new consciousness is developing which sees the earth as a single organism and recognizes that an organism at war with itself is doomed. We are one planet. "の "recognizes that an organism at war with itself is doomed"のところが分かりません。 どなたかお願いします。

• 和訳を見てください。

和訳に挑戦しましたが、文章の構造が読み解けなくて 意味の分からない日本語訳となってしまいました。 特に最初の文と最後から2番目の文の訳し方が分からなかったので よかったら全体も含めて添削をお願いします。 I didn’t hate Milton Keynes immediately, which I suppose is as much as you could hope for the place. You step out of the station and into a big open square lined on three sides with buildings of reflective glass, and have an instant sense of spaciousness such as you almost never get in England towns. The town itself stood on the slope of a small hill a good half-mile away beyond a network of pedestrian tunnels and over a large open space shared by car parks and those strange new-town trees that never seem to grow. I had the distinct feeling that the next time I passed this expanse of grass and asphalt it would be covered with brick office buildings with coppery windows. できるだけその場所に期待するものと私は想定したが、私はすぐさまミルトンキーンズを嫌いにはならなかった。駅を出ると、反射するガラスに覆われたビルが立ち並ぶ3面に沿って開けた大きな四角い広場へ着き、そしてイギリスの町でほぼ得ることもないような広大な差し迫った感覚に陥るのだ。町自体は歩行者トンネルの回路を半マイル杉、駐車場と成長する見込みのない奇妙なニュータウンの木で分けられた大きく開けた場所を越えたところにある小さな丘の坂に立ち並んでいた。私は次回アスファルトの芝の広がりを過ぎたら、銅色の窓のレンガ造りの会社に覆われているだろうという独特な感情を持った。

• 和訳をお願いします。

The Provisional Government chafed at not having absolute control over all aspects of government, and tried many times to convince the Soviet to join it.[citation needed] Instead, it grudgingly cooperated with the Soviet from February to April. This arrangement became known as the "Dual Authority" or "Dual Power". However, the de facto supremacy of the Soviet was asserted as early as 14 March [O.S. 1 March] (before the creation of the Provisional Government), when the Soviet issued Order No. 1: The orders of the Military Commission of the State Duma [part of the organisation which became the Provisional Government] shall be executed only in such cases as do not conflict with the orders and resolution of the Soviet of Workers' and Soldiers' Deputies. — Point 4 of Order No. 1, 1 March 1917. Order No. 1 thus ensured that the Dual Authority developed on the Soviet's conditions.