魅力的な広場と懐かしい木々、ミルトンキーンズの魅力に迫る

このQ&Aのポイント
  • ミルトンキーンズの駅から出ると、反射するガラスに覆われたビルが立ち並ぶ広場が広がります。
  • イギリスの町では珍しい広々とした空間感を感じることができます。
  • ミルトンキーンズは歩行者トンネルの回路を経て、大きな開放的な場所に位置しています。将来的には銅色の窓のレンガ造りの会社に覆われる可能性があります。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

和訳を見てください。

和訳に挑戦しましたが、文章の構造が読み解けなくて 意味の分からない日本語訳となってしまいました。 特に最初の文と最後から2番目の文の訳し方が分からなかったので よかったら全体も含めて添削をお願いします。 I didn’t hate Milton Keynes immediately, which I suppose is as much as you could hope for the place. You step out of the station and into a big open square lined on three sides with buildings of reflective glass, and have an instant sense of spaciousness such as you almost never get in England towns. The town itself stood on the slope of a small hill a good half-mile away beyond a network of pedestrian tunnels and over a large open space shared by car parks and those strange new-town trees that never seem to grow. I had the distinct feeling that the next time I passed this expanse of grass and asphalt it would be covered with brick office buildings with coppery windows. できるだけその場所に期待するものと私は想定したが、私はすぐさまミルトンキーンズを嫌いにはならなかった。駅を出ると、反射するガラスに覆われたビルが立ち並ぶ3面に沿って開けた大きな四角い広場へ着き、そしてイギリスの町でほぼ得ることもないような広大な差し迫った感覚に陥るのだ。町自体は歩行者トンネルの回路を半マイル杉、駐車場と成長する見込みのない奇妙なニュータウンの木で分けられた大きく開けた場所を越えたところにある小さな丘の坂に立ち並んでいた。私は次回アスファルトの芝の広がりを過ぎたら、銅色の窓のレンガ造りの会社に覆われているだろうという独特な感情を持った。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • d-y
  • ベストアンサー率46% (1528/3312)
回答No.1

I didn’t hate Milton Keynes immediately, which I suppose is as much as you could hope for the place. ミルトンキーンズが、いきなり嫌いになったわけではない。あの場所に望むことができたのは、せいぜいその程度だろう。 You step out of the station and into a big open square lined on three sides with buildings of reflective glass, and have an instant sense of spaciousness such as you almost never get in England towns. 駅を出て、三方を反射ガラスのビルに囲まれた大きく開けた広場に入ると、イングランドの町では滅多に経験することがないようなだだっ広さが感じられる。 The town itself stood on the slope of a small hill a good half-mile away beyond a network of pedestrian tunnels and over a large open space shared by car parks and those strange new-town trees that never seem to grow. 街自体は、歩行者用トンネル網から優に半マイルは向うにある小さな丘の斜面の上で、駐車場と全然成長しないように見えるニュータウンの林になっている広く開けた場所を見下ろす位置にあった。 I had the distinct feeling that the next time I passed this expanse of grass and asphalt it would be covered with brick office buildings with coppery windows. この芝とアスファルトの野原をこの次に通るときには、そこは銅製の窓のあるレンガ造のオフィスビルで覆われているだろうと、私ははっきり感じた。

cielayu
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます! 全然違っていて、改めて自分の英語力の低さを感じました。 頑張って勉強します、 本当にありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳お願いいたします!!!

・But last night I had a nightmare ... to make it worse a nightmare about you. ・You moved to ●● (which made me happy) ... but you loved chocolates to much that you keep eating chocolates and became very ...big (very heavy). ・Please you tell that you are still as pretty and cute as the you I saw a few days ago ... and that you will never be big ... ・Nooooo ... every I think of you ... I see you as you were in my dream ... I better look at some picture of you before I go to work :)

• 和訳お願いします。

“He's tall and thinnish with a dark face all over lines, and the funniest underneath smile that never quite comes through but just wrinkles up the corners of his mouth. And he has a way of making you feel right off as though you'd known him a long time. He's very companionable.”

• 和訳お願いいたします。

s I'm writing this email right now ... you must still be sleeping. When I think of you ... how cute you look when you sleep ... I get such and empty feeling inside, because I want to be with you so much. That's why I just like to be with you. As you said, it doesn't really matter what we do as long as I'm with you. There is one thing I'm dreaming of ... that we don't have to do anything! That we have 1 day that we don't need to do anything. Sleep and lay in bed as long as we like, laze around, watch a movie together, ... …And I will leave for Osaka Wednesday the 5th of January early in the morning and I'm planning on coming back to Tokyo Friday the 7th in the evening. And Monday the 10th I will go back to Osaka and return to Tokyo on Friday the 14th in the evening. A

• 長いですが、和訳お願いします

use of comma before "that" Hello, I know that usually ( or always) a comma is never written before the word "that", and yet, I found this sentence in Charles Dickens' book - Christmas carol: It was with great astonishment, and with a strange, inexplicable dread, that as he looked, he saw this bell begin to swing. is it the compound adjective clause "and with a strange, inexplicable dread" that is forcing the use of comma here? thanks! ---------------------- I'd say that at least indirectly that is the case. Most lists of rules for the use of commas have a "catch-all" rule at the end that says something like, "use a comma in any other case when it is necessary to prevent misreading or misunderstanding." The complex modifier separates the final word dread so much from the first part of the sentence that without a comma (and its associated pause), the reader woud be likely to think of the "that clause" as a complement of dread rather than as the completing clause of the main sentence beginning with, "It was …." In general, the rule "don't put a comma before that" is oversimplified. Certainly you don't put a comma before a restrictive relative clause that begins with that, and doing so is a mistake that is often made. So I see why the "rule" was written, but there are many uses of the word that, and sometimes it will happen that a comma comes naturally before one. __________________ ---- Pete

• 和訳をお願いします!

和訳をお願いします! It was the 1968 Olympics. And um I'd been training, and I failed to qualify. And not by a little but by a fair amount, that I realised that I wasn't gonna be the next in line. And certainly it was the era of Peggy Fleming, one of my best friends, and she was just indomitable. It's like a Tiger Woods comes along and no matter how great an athlete you are, and you can be a great athlete, you're never going to be that. And you have to come to grips with your own limits as far as your talent, and your inability to be able to realise something, and not just for your championship or yourself but for a generationof skaters or so. インタビュー番組なのですが、 ある女性が過去に経験した挫折を振り返っているシーンです。 (フィギュアスケートでオリンピックの代表を目指していたようですが、夢叶わなかったようです) 意味がどうしても理解できないので、和訳をお願いします。 口語なので分かりにくいとは思いますが、よろしくお願いします!

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳をお願いします 1 A fool is one who expects things to happen that never can happen. 2 The deceased left a wife and three little ones. 3 The nurse began to bind the wounds of those inside the hospital. 4 You will never be the man your father was,though you have some of his looks. 5 He ate the meal in silence , and after dinner he busied with a bottle of gin as was his custom. 6 There are houses on either side of the river. よろしくお願いします

• 和訳お願いします

I am on my way out of town I will have an invoice to you as soon as I get the exact dimensions of the boxes and exact shipping costs.

• 英文の和訳で困っています 和訳を助けてください

英文の和訳で困っています 和訳を教えていただきたいです よろしくお願いします!! As in all Greek and Roman cities, the public building works of Pompeii were supervised, and in many cases funded, by wealthy individuals who advertised their generosity in dedicatory inscriptions. The survival of such inscriptions in at least two cases links new buildings with the colonists. The first was the ‘’covered theatre’’, the dedication of which names two leading colonists, C. Quinctius Valgus and M. Porcius, as founders. Built immediately to the east of the pre-existing large theatre, this is often called an ‘’odeion’’ and interpreted, like the Greek buildings of that name, as a concert-hall for musical performances and recitations; but it is highly unlikely that Roman ex-soldiers would have been much interested in promoting Greek culture in this way.

• 和訳をお願いします。

どなたか、和訳をお願いします。 「Thank you for taking the time to speak with me about your resume and search for new employment opportunities earlier this morning, it was appreciated. As per our conversation, attached you will find the application for employment with △△for you to complete and return to me at your convenience. I will let you know as soon as any other opportunities arise that you may be a good fit for.」

• 和訳お願い致します

I know we've spent some time together and I like hanging out with you, but since it's mostly been when we're drunk and after being out with other friends, I have thought of it as us being friends and having fun time together. I hope you are okay with that and you don't feel awkward.