ホテルへのお土産に対する返事についての英文の意味について教えてください

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 以前にも宿泊したことがあり、懇意にしてもらったHOTELの方になにかお土産を持っていこうと思いました。
  • 予約確認メールのついでに「I would like to bring a Japanese souvenir to you. Is there the thing which you want in something Japanese? for example “SAKE” etc... Do you like SAKE? I'm looking forward to going to your lovely hotel again.」と送りました。
  • 返事は、「Sake?? Ohhh thank you, but may be they don't let you bring anything liquid in the luggage... don't worry....but to answer you: I..never had a bottle ofsake in my bar..... See you soon,」とのことです。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

和訳をお願いします

和訳をお願いいたします。 以前にも宿泊したことがあり、懇意にしてもらったHOTELの方になにかお土産を 持っていこうと思い、予約確認メールのついでに 「I would like to bring a Japanese souvenir to you. Is there the thing which you want in something Japanese? for example “SAKE” etc...  Do you like SAKE? I'm looking forward to going to your lovely hotel again.」 と送りました。 返事は、 「Sake?? Ohhh thank you, but may be they don't let you bring anything liquid in the luggage... don't worry....but to answer you: I..never had a bottle ofsake in my bar..... See you soon,」 とのことです。 英語が得意ではないので、どういう意味合いなのかわかりません。 飲んだことがないから、持って行くと喜ばれるのでしょうか? それともやんわり好きじゃないと断られているのでしょうか? 誰か教えていただけませんか。 宜しくお願いいたします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

訳すると「酒?ありがとう、でも(空港では)荷物に液体を持ちこませてくれないかもしれない。そんなに気を使わないで。でもあなたの質問に答えるなら、私はバーで日本の酒を飲んだことはありません。また近いうちにお会いしましょう。」となると思います。 恐らくニュアンス的には飲んだことないから飲んでみたいというものが含まれるかもしれませんが、ホテルマンとして顧客におおっぴらにあれが欲しいから持ってい来て、なんて言えないかこそこのような控え目な文章になったのではないかと思います。また、確かに空港に液体を持ちこむのは難しいでしょう。今回は何か別のものを持って行ってあげた方がいいかもしれません。 例えば日本限定で販売されているお菓子や、扇子、漢字入りのTシャツなどの受けが良いようです。ネットで下調べしてから購入された方が確実ですね。それでは良い旅を。

ayo0403
質問者

お礼

WirelessCatさん 早速の回答ありがとうございます。 I..never had a bottle of sake in my bar..... というのが、飲んだことがないのか、興味がないので飲まないのか。がよくわかりませんでした。 調べて、もし預け入れ荷物に入れれるようでしたら、持っていきたいと思います。 ダメなら言われてるようなお菓子などにしたいと思います。 助かりました。ありがとうございます。

その他の回答 (1)

• disc-82
  • ベストアンサー率68% (11/16)
回答No.1

こんにちは、あなたの送ったメールの意味は、 「あなたに日本のお土産を持っていきたいの。  何か日本のもので欲しいものはある?例えばSAKEとか…SAKEは好き?  またあなたの素敵なホテルに行けるのを楽しみにしてるわ!」 という感じでよろしいでしょうか? で、これに対するホテルの方のお返事ですが、 「SAKE?ありがとう!…でも手荷物でSAKE(飲み物)を持ちこませてはくれないんじゃないかな… そんな気を使わないでいいですよ! でもお返事としては、「ウチの(ホテルの?)バーでSAKEを飲んだことはないですね」と言わせて頂きます。 では、近いうちに会えることを!」 日本酒への好き・嫌いではなく、 空港での酒類への規制や、それによってあなたに面倒なことが起こる可能性を心配しているのだと思います。 利用される飛行機や空港のほうの規制を確認して、 持込OKなら持っていってもいいんじゃないでしょうか? 味が気に入るかどうかはわかりませんが、喜んでもらえると思いますよ。

ayo0403
質問者

お礼

disc-82さん 早速の回答ありがとうございました。 SAKEが好きではないと、遠まわしに言われているのかな。と思いました。 単純に飲んだことがないというニュアンスなのですね。 規制の確認をして、持込荷物で持っていけるようでしたら、持って行ってみたいと思います。 ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 急ぎの和訳をお願いします。

すみません。急ぎの和訳をお願いします。 don't worry :) everything is going to be alright :) you said :But I felt that a story was necessary with more you in the same way as you!! but i don't get you

• 和訳をお願いします

すみません。こちらの英語の和訳をお願いいたします。 ☆We met, and were impressions different? ★sorry i don't get you ☆i got it ★you meant that you had nice time when in France ? ☆I was able to spend happy time in France But I felt that a story was necessary with more you in the same way as you I am blame,sorry I have misunderstood Please ignore this matter im so sorry ★don't worry :) everything is going to be alright :) you said :But I felt that a story was necessary with more you in the same way as you!! but i don't get you ☆I want to talk with you much more It is these contents that I wanted to send Do you understand a meaning? ★ye s ;) ☆I misunderstood these words “i don't get you’’ ★i don't understand you ☆But it was able to be already understood ★; )good night, i am going home ;) ☆good night

• 和訳をお願いします。

これはどう訳せばよいでしょうか? It was fun talking about our feelings together even thou you were shy about it. この2行はこれでいいでしょうか? But I was impressed that you were able to get the courage to bring it up. あなたが勇気を出して言ったことを感動しました。 But that why I like you. だからあなたが好きなんです。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 歌詞の和訳をお願いします!

Ain't no personal thing, boy But you have got to stay away Far, far away from my heart, my heart Don't you know what your kiss is doing Let me tell it to you from the start, boy I don't wanna fall in love No, no Love cuts just like a knife You make the knife feel good Baby I'll fight you to the end Baby You've been hanging around, boy And you have started sinking in Whoah, baby you're way out of line now Unaware how this all got started Let me tell it to you one more time, boy I don't wanna fall in love No, no Love cuts just like a knife You make the knife feel good Baby I'll fight you to the end I don't wanna fall in love No, no Love cuts just like a knife You make the knife feel good Baby I'll fight you to the end I learned something about myself (Last night) Last night with you I knew I didn't want nobody else And you're scaring me to death now, baby I don't wanna fall in love No, no Love cuts just like a knife You make the knife feel good Baby I'll fight you to the end No I don't wanna fall in love No, no Love cuts just like a knife You make the knife feel good Baby I'll fight you to the end I don't wanna fall in love No, no Love cuts just like a knife You make the knife feel good Baby, yeah I'll fight you to the end I don't want to fall in love No, no Love cuts just like a knife You make the knife feel good Baby I'll fight you to the end I don't wanna fall in love.

• 和訳お願いします。

和訳お願いします。 Did I tell you that I probably found a cleaning lady. On Wednesday I'm meeting her for the 1st time. I hope she cleans well ... so by the time you visit Belgium my place will be sparkling clean :) But ... I feel I have the moral obligation to clean up my apartment before she starts ... It's a bit strange ... I hire a cleaning lady ... but now I feel I need to clean my apartment before she starts ... hahaha It sill have many things to do today ... but it's car free day in Brussels. The whole day there are no cars allowed in Brussels. So I can't leave my place :( But I will go running ... it's nice that you can run on the big lanes without cars :) Did you already go to the gym? I hope you don't plan to become very muscular? I don't think so :) Sometimes I look at the picture you sent to me from you in your hotel room in New York. That's my favorite picture. You look so happy and the picture is a little bit fuzzy ... you look like you come out of a fairytale ... 以上です。ありがとうございます。

• 歌詞の和訳をお願いいたします。

I'll bring my love to you… I'll bring my love to you I've been stood up messed around and take for a fool but next time 'round I'm gonna change the rules and I don't care about the things that people say it's you I think about each and every day it's much too late for you to change your ways I can't keep holding on expecting you to stay when you're all alone and if you're feeling down call me I'll be around Whenever you need somebody I'll bring my love to you you don't have to say you love me I just wanna be with you Lost inside your love is where I wanna be I'm just asking you to spend some time with me time and time you say you wanna be free and you can have some fun that's okay with me you will never know just how good I feel the joy inside of me makes me feel so real when you're all alone and if you're feeling down call me I'll be around Whenever you need somebody I'll bring my love to you you don't have to say you love me I just wanna be with you whenever you need somebody I'll bring my love to you you don't have to say you love me I just wanna be with you I'll bring my love to you (I just wanna be with you) I'll bring my love to you (I just wanna be with you) It's much too late for you to change your way I can't keep holding on expecting you to stay when you're all alone and if you're feeling down call me I'll be around Whenever you need somebody I'll bring my love to you you don't have to say you love me I just wanna be with you whenever you need somebody I'll bring my love to you you don't have to say you love me I just wanna be with you Whenever you need somebody I'll bring my love to you you don't have to say you love me I just wanna be with you

• 和訳確認お願いします。

☆Are you serious about our relationship? あなたは私達の関係を真剣に考えてるの? ★yes うん ★ i miss you 君に会いたいよ ☆i miss you too but、I don't want to be in halfway relationship with you! 私も!だけど、あなたとの関係を中途半端にしたくないの。 ★わかってる ★i come to japan to get job?? 僕が日本にきたら仕事がみつかるかな? ☆I think that there are a lot of Chinese working in Japan 日本でもたくさんの中国人が働いているから大丈夫だと思う ★But i don't speak japanese so far だけど、僕はまだ日本語がはなせない ☆yes,i see うん。そうだねー ☆But you have the present work,Please do not hurry でも、あなたには今の仕事があるから、急がなくていいよ ★yes, madam,you are very nice ナイスだね ☆Do you live in Japan for me? ★for a couple of years, yes ★cause i don't know how it is ☆later? ★if i like this place, of course, it is better to stay if i don't like it , what i can do ?? ☆Is it your work? ★no, i am talking about Japan ☆And then, I think you should live in France ★i don't really like France neigher ☆What country is good? ★it is dangerous, specially in paris ☆What do you really want to do? ★wow your english is so impressive now !!! :) ☆so?? ★i don't know, i am working here, so i stay ☆yes ok ★as i said before i want to work in japan for a while if my company could send me to japan ☆You're right ★but i don't know when, i could get this oppoturnity ☆it is so long time ★do you mind to tell me, why you want stay with me?? ☆Because I want to be with you,Why do you ask such a thing? ★cause you ask me first, longtime ago

• 和訳確認お願いします

和訳確認お願いします! I like you ! So I don't lie to you any more! We could keep in touch as friends, but not a couple, because there is no future for us! I hope you co uld understand ! 僕は君が好きだよ。そしてあなたにはもう嘘はつかないよ。だけど僕らは恋人同士にはなれない。なぜならばそこに未来がないから。君なら解ってくれるよね??

• 至急です(>_<)翻訳してくださいm(_)m

I'm sorry but we don't talk usually. I won't talk to her ever again. Yuna you really don't need to worry about something like that. She isn't even in the USA. Truly I'm so sorry for making you feel this way. I swear I really do love you.←翻訳してくださいm(__)m

• 和訳してください

As I mentioned earlier, I was very upset to pay 40$ in addition to the cost of the razor due to custom fees. This would have been avoided, had you valued the razor at less than 60$ like you did the two previous times. I will keep this razor, but would like to know what you suggest we do about the additional 40$ I paid, and the heljestrand razor I bid on. I would like to continue buying razors from you in the future.