Can you translate? Help with Japanese translation

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Need help with Japanese translation. Can someone assist?
  • Translating from English to Japanese is proving to be challenging. Looking for assistance.
  • Seeking help with Japanese translation. Any volunteers?
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

☆ Can you translate? ♪

和訳に手こずっています。 どなたか手伝ってくださいませんか? 一つめはそれほど難しい構文ではありませんが、うまく訳せません。 A journey across America is a journey through a bewildering array of scenary and cultures that leaves the traveler with a host of conflicting impressions and opinions. 二つ目はずっと簡単な構文ですが、最初の文よりテクニックがいるようです。 Is your sister older or younger than you? 最後にごく初歩的な英文ですが、たかが固有名詞侮れません。 Hello. My name is Lindsay Daenem. I'm from Belgium. This is my best friend, Malin Reitan. She's from Norway. And this is the year's champion Kseniya Sitnik. She's from Belarus. どれか一つ自信のあるので構いませんので、お手伝いいただければ幸いです。

• 英語
  • 回答数5
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • love_pet2
  • ベストアンサー率21% (176/826)
回答No.5

(1) アメリカ縦断の旅は面食らわせが目白押しの風景や文化を端から端まで一通り巡る旅であり、旅人はその旅に対し数多の相反する感想を抱くものである。 (2)あなたとは女のきょうだいになるその人はお姉さんですか、それとも妹さんですか? (3)こんにちは。私の名前はリンドセー・ダーネンです。ベルギーから来ました。こちらは私の親友の マリン・レイタンです。彼女はノルウェーから来ました。 そしてこちらは今年の優勝者のクセニヤ・シートニクです。彼女はベラルーシから来ました。

yingtao7
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 完璧な訳ですね。

その他の回答 (4)

• spring135
  • ベストアンサー率44% (1487/3332)
回答No.4

#1です。 A journey across America is a journey through a bewildering array of scenary and cultures that leaves the traveler with a host of conflicting impressions and opinions. これはかっこつけた、意識的な文章です。従って平易な文章に約したら著者のせっかくの意気込みを壊します。 Is your sister older or younger than you? これは勿論、女の兄弟がいるのが前提であって、それが姉か妹かを聞いています。 基本的にはこれだけが正しい訳なんてものはありません。 そういう良識のある方の質問かと思っていましたが残念です。

yingtao7
質問者

お礼

追回答ご苦労様でした。

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.3

#2です。補足です。 >>意地悪な質問、すみませんね。     アッハッハ

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

1。  アメリカ横断旅行は、旅人に多くの矛盾した印象や意見を与え、めまぐるしく多彩な風景や文化を通り抜ける旅だ。 2。その方、あなたのお姉さんですか、妹さんですか? 3。ハロー、私はベルギーから来たリンゼー・デーネムです。こちらはノールウェーのメイリン・レイテンさん。こちらはベラルーシのクセニヤ・シットニックさんです。まあカタカナ読みですからいい加減な発音ですけどね。

yingtao7
質問者

お礼

意地悪な質問、すみませんね。 まあ、昨日お答えいただいた質問とも少し関係あるんです。 フランスの中学の英語の教科書の英文から拾いました。 最初の英文は日本の中学生には難しいでしょうね。 2番目の文は、「I've got a sister? ・・・・・ By the way is she older or younger than you? 」という2文を一つにまとめました。日本の英語の教科書には絶対に出てこないような英文ですね。 最後の文は、固有名詞だけを取り出して、簡単な文に書き直しました。 

yingtao7
質問者

補足

昨日も質問に回答いただきありがとうございました。 A journey across America is a journey through a bewildering array of scenary and cultures that leaves the traveler with a host of conflicting impressions and opinions. ええと、ここではacrossとthroughはほぼ同じ意味ですね。 bewildering arrayはamazing series(sets)に置き換えるとわかりやすいかも。arrayはただ、「多彩」というより、一揃いというか、一連性を訳文に反映したいところです。 that leaves the traveler with a host of conflicting impressions and opinionsの部分は so that traveler has a lot of conflicting impressions and opinionsと英文を書き換えると訳しやすくなるかも。あと、 impressions and opinionsは日本語でまとめて一語になりませんか? それから、この文は少し長いので、もう少し順行的に訳せませんか? >2。その方、あなたのお姉さんですか、妹さんですか?  「その方」は質問の時点で、お姉さんまたは妹というのは はっきりしていると思うんですが。 >まあカタカナ読みですからいい加減な発音ですけどね。  多くの日本人が疎かにしがちですね。でも、場合によっては無視できないポイントになりますね。 しかし、いずれも、英文を理解するのと和訳するのとは大きな違いであるということを考えさせられる英文でしたね。     

• spring135
  • ベストアンサー率44% (1487/3332)
回答No.1

A journey across America is a journey through a bewildering array of scenary and cultures that leaves the traveler with a host of conflicting impressions and opinions. アメリカ横断旅行は目のくらむような景観と文化の交錯の中を行く旅であって、旅行者に一連の相克する印象と感慨を与えるものである。 Is your sister older or younger than you? あなたはお姉さんか妹さんがおありですか。 Hello. My name is Lindsay Daenem. I'm from Belgium. This is my best friend, Malin Reitan. She's from Norway. And this is the year's champion Kseniya Sitnik. She's from Belarus. こんにちは。私の名前はリンゼィ デネムです。出身はベルギーです。彼女は私の親友でマリン レイタンです。出身はノルウェイです。そしてこちらは今年のチャンピオンのセニァ シトニクです。出身はベラルーシです。

yingtao7
質問者

補足

ありがとうございます。 最初の問題文は訳が堅いですね。もう少し自然ね日本語になりませんか? 2番目の文では既に姉か妹がいる前提での質問ですね。逆にspring135さんの訳を英語に戻したら "Do you have any sisters?" になりませんか?

関連するQ&A

• please someone translate for me

"I don't feel I have been anything but honest with you since we have started our friendship, I am sorry I am unable to give my self to you at this point as anything but a friend." this is my homework at my school from out of japan. please someone translate for me. in my idea, it means "she does not feel anything for him(does not she like him?) and it is her honest. so she does not want to be in a relationship with him(she just wants to be a friend)." = "tomodachi ijou koibito miman?" is it light? please, please someone helps me. if you comment me, i can not use japanese now, but i can read japanese, so please write japanese. thank you so much!

• 意味をよろしくお願いします

My beautiful, talented, intelligent and sensitive daughter just started college after taking a gap year. She is so happy in school, however, she has never had an official boyfriend and feels she never will have that kind of relationship because, somehow, she believes she is flawed. This couldn't be further from the truth, This couldn't be further from the truthの意味をよろしくお願いします

• 訳してもよく分かりません。

↓の文章がうまく訳せません。 A journey across America is a journey through a bewildering array of scenary and cultures that leaves the traveler with a host of conflicting impressions and opinions. 自分なりに訳してみましたが、いまいちピンと来ません。 “アメリカを横切る旅行は旅行者を多数の矛盾する印象と意見と一緒に残す風景と文化の度肝を抜くような風景と文化の整列を通過する旅行である。” そこで、英語に自信のある方、もっと分かりやすく訳して頂けませんか?

• アメリカ縦断の旅

意味は掴めるんですが、訳しにくい英文に出会いました。 A journey across America is a journey through a bewildering array of scenary and cultures that leaves the traveler with a host of conflicting impressions and opinions. 私は一応、次のように訳してみました。 「アメリカ大陸を横断してみれば、分かると思うが、そこは驚くほど景色や文化が変化に富んでいるので、互いに矛盾した印象や意見で、胸がいっぱいになるだろう。」 日本語らしく訳したつもりですが、若干 原文とズてしまっているのは否めません。そこで、原文にもっと忠実に、しかも自然な訳をしたいんですが、どなたか、お手伝いくだされば嬉しいです。

• 和訳お願いします。

Finally my mother comes downstairs and my father, being at the moment engaged in conversation with my grandfather, is made uneasy by her entrance, for he does not know whether to greet my mother or to continue the conversation. He gets up from his chair clumsily and says "Hello" gruffly. My grandfather watches this, examining their congruence, such as it is, with a critical eye, and meanwhile rubbing his bearded cheek roughly, as he always does when he reasons. He is worried; he is afraid that my father will not make a good husband for his oldest daughter. At this point something happens to the film, just as my father says something funny to my mother: I am awakened to myself and my unhappiness just as my interest has become most intense. The audience begins to clap impatiently. Then the trouble is attended to, but the film has been returned to a portion just shown, and once more I see my grandfather rubbing his bearded cheek, pondering my father's character. It is difficult to get back into the picture once more and forget myself, but as my mother giggles at my father's words, the darkness drowns me. My father and mother depart from the house, my father shaking hands with my grandfather once more, out of some unknown uneasiness. I stir uneasily also, slouched in the hard chair'of the theatre. Where is the older uncle, my mother's older brother? He is studying in his bedroom upstairs, studying for his final examinations at the College of the City of New York, having been dead of double pneumonia for the last twenty-one years. mother and father walk down the same quiet streets once more. My mot is holding my father's arm and telling him of the novel she has been read and my father utters judgments of the characters as the plot is made clea~ him. This is a habit which he very much enjoys, for he feels the utm superiority and confidence when he is approving or condemning the beh ior of other people. At times he feels moved to utter a brief "Ugh," whene the story becomes what he would call sugary. This tribute is the assertion his manliness. My mother feels satisfied by the interest she has awaken and she is showing my father how intelligent she is and how interesting.

• off at a university

My daughter is 19. Her boyfriend is 18. Over the summer, they were busted for smoking marijuana in her car. The officer gave them the option of letting just one of them take the fall. My daughter volunteered; I considered this a very bad decision. If this gets on her record she will lose her financial aid and college will be, if not impossible, very, very hard. Her boyfriend, however, comes from a very well-heeled family. Regardless, she said that she would take the citation and he would pay the fine. Well, the case has now been heard and it was plea bargained down to a lower offense, but it comes with probation and $700 in costs/attorney's fees. Her boyfriend has paid her $200. She says she is fine with that. I am NOT fine with that. He's well-off. She is broke, and is working while going to a local college. He's off at a university, and I think she's worried that if she makes a big deal about this, he'll reconsider the relationship. off at a universityはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• workとwork out

Last night, I received my umpteenth call from my sobbing, devastated sister (mid-20s) over yet another semi-hookup-flirty-thing guy that didn't work out. He is moving away and she found out via an announcement at work, not from him. This is a years-long pattern. She falls for jerks -- i.e., they consistently bail on plans, girlfriends still in the picture, conveniently call only on weekends -- then is utterly devastated when it doesn't work. She's convinced she is "unlovable," "boring" and "ugly" even though she is a beautiful, smart, funny, successful, athletic, kind and thoughtful person. She says things like, "I can't do this anymore," and, "I don't want to do life if this is how it's going to be." workとwork outが同じような意味で出てきていますが、違いはあるのでしょうか?どちらを使っても良いのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• grow absent

I had my daughter about six months ago. In my circle of friends I’m the only to have a baby, so needless to say she gets a lot of attention. One friend in particular seems to be a little obsessed with her, and it kind of freaks me and my husband out. She’s constantly buying things for her, referring to herself as her godmother (she’s not, my sister is, and she knows it). She asks for pictures of her throughout the day to help get her through work, and mentions that while she’s looking for a new job she would never relocate because she wants to be near my daughter. And recently when she comes over, she asks if she can wear her in my baby carrier so people will think she’s her child! I appreciate that she is so supportive of us, and I know most people find their childless friends grow absent once they have a baby, but this is just a little over the top. grow absentはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• My only reservation is

I was a loving and devoted mother to her and hoped she would realize that, especially after she had a child of her own. But I don't see that happening and I'm thinking of simply fading out of my daughter's life. I don't think she would miss me and, at this point, vice versa. My second husband's daughter and grandchildren love me. Rather than beating my head against a brick wall, I think I'd rather devote my energy to having a relationship with people who appreciate me. My only reservation is that my natural granddaughter will miss out on having a relationship. ここでのreservationはどう訳したら良いでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• generic

My mother is Latina, and her family came to the U.S. just months before she was born; my father is white. While I used to be close with my father’s sister, “Faye,” last year she picked a fight with me at Thanksgiving while I was having a calm, friendly discussion with another family member—she called me a communist (I’m not) and eventually started chanting “Build a wall” directly in front of my mother and me. Needless to say, we were all offended and left the party early. I haven’t heard from her since, until this week when I received a generic “happy birthday” email from her. generic “happy birthday” emailのgenericは「一般的な」でしょうか?よろしくお願いします