• ベストアンサー

tor manner ?

以下の動画1:53前後、来年のアメリカ金融株の話の中で、 after 3 years of ...really been in a tor manner of great year for investor と聞こえる部分があるのですが、何と言っているのでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。 http://www.bloomberg.com/video/83541252/

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • speglo
  • ベストアンサー率47% (167/353)
回答No.1

ややわかりにくいですね。 おそらく、 after 3 years of, a, being a, really a tormentor or a graveyard for investors だと思います。確かに金融株でたくさんの投資家が苦しめられました。

eigoself
質問者

お礼

いつもありがとうございます。 知らない言葉が聞き取れないということを再認識しました。 また、再度聞いたところ動画の最初の方で、この人がtorment という表現をしていましたので、こういうところに注意する必要があると反省いたしました。 当方、サラリーマンを引退した個人投資家として、趣味で海外の情報収集のために金融の英語を独習しております。 今後ともどうぞよろしくお願いいたします。

関連するQ&A

• 年金に関する英語の質問です

以下の年金に関する英語で、each of the first 20 yearsの意味が分かりません。よろしく The pension is 2.5% of the insured’s average earnings in the last three years for each of the first 20 years of contributions plus 2% for each year exceeding 20 years.

• 期間を表すduring, for, in

during, for, in の違いがよくわかりません。 例えば Consumer demand will be difficult to predict during the first half of this year, so... during を forにはできないですか? また for the last few years と in the last few years の違いを教えて下さい。

• 英訳の点検お願いします

[3年ぶりにパーマをかけた]  の英訳は下記のようで良いですか? (1) It’s been 3 years since I had my hair permed last. (2) I had my hair permed in the first time in 3 years (3) I had my hair permed in 3 years. (4) I had my hair permed after 3 year interval. その他適切な英訳あれば教えてください。

• 日本語翻訳お願いしましす。

We've been in a hot wife relationship for about five or six years, and it's been fantastic for both of us. しっくりくる翻訳お願いしましす。

• 雪禍

foot after foot falls year after yearの和訳お願いします。 There are records of many such snow parties in both Japan and China, but these are only pleasures in lands where snow is scarce. What enjoyment is there of snow for us in Echigo, where foot after foot falls year after year? We exhaust ourselves and our purses, undergo a thousand pains and discomforts, all because of the snow.  * Suzuki Bokushi, Hokuetsu Seppu

• 英文(数学?)の問題がわかりません

The anticipated income from an investment is $40000 per year for the first 5 years and $30000 per year for the remaining 5 years of life. The desired rate of return on the investment is 12 percent. The salvage value at the end of 10 years is expected to be 20 percent of the first cost. Determine the first cost that will result in the 12 percent return. Ans.:$219,700 考え方と途中式をお願い致します。

• 完了形ですが、

完了形ですが、 Kate has lived in Tokyo for five years ケートは5年間ずっと東京にすんでいる。 これをhas beenに変えて、住んでいたことがあるにしても問題ありませんか?kate has been lived in Tokyo for five years.

• またしても英語が分かりません。

次の各文の( )のうち、誤っているものを1つ選んで正して下さい。 (一) (1)(These days,)scientists are sometimes(2)(predict)the severity of(3)(earthquakes) and other forms of natural(4)(disaster.) 誤り(    ) 正す(     ) (二) I(1)(haven't seen) Tom(2)(for a long time.) When(3)(have you seen) him(4)(last?) 誤り(    ) 正す(     ) (三)(1)(Have you)(2)(already been)(3)(to Canada)(4)(in for life?) 誤り(    ) 正す(     ) (四)(1)(He has been)(2)(doing research)(3)(in Oxford,)(4)(and by the end of this year)(5)(he will stay there)(6)(for as many as ten years.) 誤り(    ) 正す(     ) (一)、(二)、(三)、(四)、は一つの問題文です。 分かりにくかったら、すみません><

• 「5年ぶりに再会した」を英語で

クラスメイトと「5年ぶりにやっと(ついに)再会した。」と第三者に英語で言いたいとき、どれが一番自然でしょうか? 1. We finally meet again after 5 years. 2. We finally reunited after 5 years. 3. Wefinally had reunion after 5 years. 4. We finally meet again for the first time in 5 years. 5. We finally reunited for the first time in 5 years. 6. We finally had reunion for the first time in 5 years. なるべくネイティブに近い方(英語圏に3年以上住んだ経験がある方)にご回答をお願いしたいです。 他に自然な表現があれば、ご教示ください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の添削希望。よろしくお願い致します。

"5年間病気で働けない" It's been 5 years since I couldn't worked because of health. I couldn't have worked for 5 years because of health. I couldn't have been working for 5 years because of health